3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 891 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2010, 19:20
Rob
A true hero
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Hull City Tigers
I suspect Capello is happy with the wide options he has. If Ashley Young can't get a run I don't think Johnson will.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 891 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2010, 19:29
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Manchester City, West Didsbury & Chorlton AFC
Jamie Redknapp thinks he has a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob
Of course you need TGO you retards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutu
ill be honest, im plastered but i well into that women and she was me and i lost her ass
post #83 of 891 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2010, 19:32
Rob
A true hero
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Jamie Redknapp doesn't know what literally means.

post #84 of 891 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2010, 19:33
Premier Player

Teams: Manchester United
At this rate Johnson will force his way to the team.
post #85 of 891 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2010, 23:05
Forum Manager
Legend

"walcott a really poor player"

lol Deano, stop it with that. He's not incredible or anything but he's a decent player who can be devastatingly effective if used correctly.
post #86 of 891 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2010, 23:55
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Bendigo Braves (women)
Beckham is out of the World Cup. Tore his Achilles in tonights Milan game vs. Chievo.

http://www.skysports.com/football/wo...027576,00.html

Without it gravity is just gravy.
post #87 of 891 (permalink) Old March 15th, 2010, 00:19
Premier Player

Teams: Manchester United
Who will play wide for England then?

Lennon, Cole, Walcott and Johnson seems about right. Gerrard and Milner to go as covers, as both merit chance in the middle as well.
post #88 of 891 (permalink) Old March 15th, 2010, 00:42
International

Teams: Blackburn Rovers
Lennon and Gerrard will start right and left, I'm sure (though saying that Lennon is still a long way from fit and there's only 10 games left).

Back up spots is anyone's guess. You could make a case for Cole, Walcott, Young, SWP, Johnson, Milner, even Downing has been doing alright for Villa. Probably a few more I've forgotten in the mix as well.

THOSE WHO FORGET THE PAST HAVE NO FUTURE

Champions of England, 1994/95
post #89 of 891 (permalink) Old March 15th, 2010, 09:48
Rob
A true hero
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Think Becks being out is a good thing tbh, likeable guy tho, so sad for him on a personal level.

post #90 of 891 (permalink) Old March 15th, 2010, 09:54
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Think Becks being out is a good thing tbh, likeable guy tho, so sad for him on a personal level.
disagree...huge blow for poms...he has something you cannot coach - experience, calmness, positive influence on younger players + he is a ultra professional. all the media hype surrounding him never distracted him from doing what he loves the most - playing football

i feel sorry for him

O, daj okreni taj ringišpil u mojoj glavi. To ne zna niko, samo ti. Bez tebe drveni konjići tužno stoje.
Dođi, iz plave boce se pojavi, bar jednu želju ispuni i dodaj svijetu malo boje, čudo moje.
post #91 of 891 (permalink) Old March 15th, 2010, 21:39 Thread Starter
Legend

Teams: England
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaver View Post
disagree...huge blow for poms...he has something you cannot coach - experience, calmness, positive influence on younger players + he is a ultra professional. all the media hype surrounding him never distracted him from doing what he loves the most - playing football

i feel sorry for him
Experience = He has experienced failure every time with England, both personally and as a team. Why would you want that experience? He also has NO experience of how to play international football, which isn't getting rid of the ball every sodding time he gets it. Only ever worked against minnows.

Calmness = Has the most red cards in the history of the England team, always throwing a fit over a decision.

Professionalism/Positiive Influence = Wags??? Beckhams influence on the team has been to turn attention away from the game into the gossip columns. He has pretty much become bigger than the team through his whoring of his publicity. The media hype didn't distract him as he welcomed it, it did however distract the entire national team. Nothing he has done this season should of put him on the plane ahead of a bunch of others deserving their chance. Yet he would have happily got on that plane and left behind someone like Young, would have thought nothing of it.

Good riddance, hope he recovers well and nothing against him as a bloke but he has been a dark shadow over the national team for a decade now. One I want rid of, and for finally guys like Rooney who actually have talent to get all the plaudits and recognition. I can only hope he isn't played on crutches, which I really would not put past our management. Still even though I see it as a positive I am finding Englands luck a bit shambolic, all we need is Rooney to get run over now.

As for the guys who should go, for the left Gerrard/Johnson, for the right SWP/Cole. With the backups being the likes of Young, Lennon and Milner I guess. Walcott shouldn't be ahead of any of those names based on performances. But as Rob says, Capello has his favourites and the likes of Johnson won't get a look in or he would have done for the Egypt friendly. It really contradicts his initial setup, getting as many technical players on a pitch and playing good football. Now he seems more like Sven in his selections, I swear the FA must do lobotomys on England managers. Bent scores a ton of goals yet can't get selected ahead of Heskey who had been benched constantly. Why lie about selecting players if they do well for their clubs, winds me up.

Come visit us in the England Forum

Follow XtraTimeOrg on Twitter

" Marc, ok you won" - Calcio100

I am the circle and the circle is me.

Shall I then fear the tone
That breathes from world's unknown?
Surely these feverish aspirations there
Shall grasp their full desire,
And this unsettled fire
Burn calmly, brightly, in immortal air. - Felicia Hemans
post #92 of 891 (permalink) Old March 15th, 2010, 21:55
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

To be fair Johnson was in the 30 man preliminary squad for Egpyt but not the 23.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob
Quote:
ill be honest, im plastered but i well into that women and she was me and i lost her ass
post #93 of 891 (permalink) Old March 15th, 2010, 21:56
International

@ Marc

But then on what basis do you select Joe Cole? He's done nothing for Chelsea, definately shouldn't be ahead of Lennon if he's fit.

post #94 of 891 (permalink) Old March 15th, 2010, 21:56
Legend

Gerrard has been playing crap lately even the Liverpool fans admit this and he was poor against Egypt.

If Cole gets back into some form and starts playing regularly before the end of the season maybe he can nick the left hand spot?

Wasn't his finest moment for England from that same left side position?
post #95 of 891 (permalink) Old March 15th, 2010, 22:03
International

The thing is I doubt Cole will be given a chance to show form seeing as Malouda is having a really good season. Can't see why Capello would choose Cole on the left over Ashley Young.
post #96 of 891 (permalink) Old March 15th, 2010, 22:05
Legend

It's a shame for Cole.

He was a player that England fans could be genuinely excited about a few seasons back and if fit and playing would still be a level above Young.
post #97 of 891 (permalink) Old March 15th, 2010, 22:27
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

I'd still take Cole if there was room in the squad. Depends on what midfielders and strikers are taken though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob
Quote:
post #98 of 891 (permalink) Old March 16th, 2010, 02:03
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Bendigo Braves (women)
Marc talks shit.

Without it gravity is just gravy.
post #99 of 891 (permalink) Old March 16th, 2010, 09:19
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc View Post
Good riddance, hope he recovers well and nothing against him as a bloke but he has been a dark shadow over the national team for a decade now. One I want rid of, and for finally guys like Rooney who actually have talent to get all the plaudits and recognition. I can only hope he isn't played on crutches, which I really would not put past our management. Still even though I see it as a positive I am finding Englands luck a bit shambolic, all we need is Rooney to get run over now.
lol

dark shadow of england is numpty FA selecting brollies for the coaches (that they still pay of lol) who in return gave a bag of excuses and left for Caribbeans

primadona, overplayed players that were giving all to clubs and nothing to NT

and you are better with root rat terry that causes unrest in team, please

the only bright light for england in past ten years was him...pulled the rabbit whenever you guys need it in most dull performance England gave us ever

now you are lucky that italian is calling the shoots...you going places now

O, daj okreni taj ringišpil u mojoj glavi. To ne zna niko, samo ti. Bez tebe drveni konjići tužno stoje.
Dođi, iz plave boce se pojavi, bar jednu želju ispuni i dodaj svijetu malo boje, čudo moje.

Last edited by beaver; March 16th, 2010 at 09:40.
post #100 of 891 (permalink) Old March 16th, 2010, 22:30
International

Turnbull for England.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in