HOF / Future Stars / Women's football / On the pitch / Multimedia forums - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old December 26th, 2009, 09:13 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Oranje | AFC Ajax | Barça
HOF / Future Stars / Women's football / On the pitch / Multimedia forums

In order to spark some activity, these forums have been made child forums of WFF
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old December 26th, 2009, 19:23
Legend

Good idea but it's looking a bit cramped. Maybe you should remove those forum descriptions or something to shrink it all...?

(\(\
( -.-)
o_(")(")

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrkela
Lol ****ing Turks you turned half of Europe Africa and Asia into shit then you emigrated and turned those places into shit too
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old December 26th, 2009, 22:13
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Inter, Memphis Tigers
Good idea, but this makes the WFF too cluttered. Too much to scroll down to in the WFF to see the threads.

(1) Why don't you make History of the WC a sub-forum of History of Football and make Video Clip requests a sub-forum of Football Multimedia?

(2) Since the Women's Football forum is very inactive, why not just make it a thread in the WFF?

(3) The XT Best 100 Players Forum is another one that doesn't seem necessary, tbh. But it wouldn't be so bad if ideas (1) and (2) were implemented, imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob W The Bat View Post
These last years after the CL win I noticed when following the Inter online community that many fans have turned into cvcksuckers.
R.I.P: Tazzy, Flo.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old December 26th, 2009, 22:42
*the drum drum*
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Güero Sin Fe View Post
Good idea, but this makes the WFF too cluttered. Too much to scroll down to in the WFF to see the threads.

(1) Why don't you make History of the WC a sub-forum of History of Football and make Video Clip requests a sub-forum of Football Multimedia?

(2) Since the Women's Football forum is very inactive, why not just make it a thread in the WFF?

(3) The XT Best 100 Players Forum is another one that doesn't seem necessary, tbh. But it wouldn't be so bad if ideas (1) and (2) were implemented, imo.
1 - They both are, it's just a problem with the display.
2 - I think this forum should stay regardless of (in)activity.

post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old December 26th, 2009, 23:11
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zico 10 View Post
1 - They both are, it's just a problem with the display.
2 - I think this forum should stay regardless of (in)activity.
(1) They look mutually exclusive to me. The other forums which were placed into the WFF have no display issues so I don't see why it shouldn't be the same if those measures I mentioned were implemented.

(2) I see where you're coming from but the main policy, as I understand it, is that inactive forums which won't be viewed end up cluttering the place. I'm not saying Women's Football is not relevant. I'm saying that if the idea is to attract more posters, a forum that is organized in such a way that it is easily navigable and not displeasing to the eye would need to do away with inactive forums. If we get a bunch of female or male posters who would like to discuss the topic, fine. But atm, that's not happening.

(3) I think the Top 100 Players of ALL TIME is best suited for the History of Football Forum too. Perhaps in the form of stickied threads. Basically, more work for Dagoods.

Quote:
These last years after the CL win I noticed when following the Inter online community that many fans have turned into cvcksuckers.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old December 26th, 2009, 23:38
*the drum drum*
Xtratime Legend

I don't understand what you mean on #1, those forums you say should be sub-forums are already sub-forums, i.e., Video Clip Requests is already a sub-forum of Football Multimedia:

https://www.xtratime.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=178

Likewise the History of the World Cup forum is already a sub-forum of the History of Football forum:

https://www.xtratime.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=348

The issue there isn't what should be a sub-forum of what, but rather how vB should display it. There may be a setting somewhere to display them in-line like on this page.

Also what makes the display bigger than it should be isn't the forum descriptions but the list of FM's (most of which are inherited from the parent forum - World Football).

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old December 27th, 2009, 04:37
Xtratime Legend

See the pics for what I meant. Like I said (and as you understand) the pics will show that there's a lot more scrolling down to do within the WFF forum to reach the threads in the main WFF forum. I was asking for Video Requests forum to be a sub-sub forum of Football Multimedia and for the History of the World Cup and perhaps the 100 Best Players to be sub-sub forums of the WFF forum to make the WFF main forum look less cluttered.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (52.3 KB, 99 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (62.8 KB, 85 views)

Quote:
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old December 27th, 2009, 04:48
*the drum drum*
Xtratime Legend

They are already sub-forums of the ones above them and are in the right place, the issue is to do with the way they're displayed. I can't be 100% sure, but I think there is a setting to change that.

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old December 27th, 2009, 06:19
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
They are already sub-forums of the ones above them and are in the right place, the issue is to do with the way they're displayed. I can't be 100% sure, but I think there is a setting to change that.
I can see they're already sub-sub forums by entering the sub-forums. So it does seem like a display setting issue. Just saying it would make it a lot less cluttered than it looks, atm if this was addressed at some point.

Still think that the Women's Football Forum should be turned into a thread, atm, since there seems to be hardly any interest there. Either that or make it a sub-forum of the Spanish Football Forum.

Quote:
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old December 27th, 2009, 09:42 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
The issue there isn't what should be a sub-forum of what, but rather how vB should display it. There may be a setting somewhere to display them in-line like on this page.
I don't see the difference?

Quote:
Also what makes the display bigger than it should be isn't the forum descriptions but the list of FM's (most of which are inherited from the parent forum - World Football).
Yeah I'll see what I can do about that. Must be some kind of vbulletin bug though. Barça, ilgenio, Mutu and RedHat are WFF fms and they are shown for the subforums too. However, they are not the subforums fms according to vbulletin
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old December 27th, 2009, 10:02
*the drum drum*
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styg View Post
I don't see the difference?
On that page, sub-forums are listed as simple links at the bottom of the parent forums description, for example the groups A through H in the World Cup forum.

Quote:
Yeah I'll see what I can do about that. Must be some kind of vbulletin bug though. Barça, ilgenio, Mutu and RedHat are WFF fms and they are shown for the subforums too. However, they are not the subforums fms according to vbulletin
It's inherited permissions, maybe there's a setting to disable that deep down in there somewhere as well.

But that would have ramifications on other parts of the forum, and would need manual re-adding of a lot of FM's in places.

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old December 27th, 2009, 12:31 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
It's inherited permissions, maybe there's a setting to disable that deep down in there somewhere as well.

But that would have ramifications on other parts of the forum, and would need manual re-adding of a lot of FM's in places.
Yeah I know and that's why I checked the WFF fms permissions but according to the admin panel, they are not allowed to do any fm work in the sub forums. But they still are shown as fms So that's either something VS has to figure out or maybe some googling could help us.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old December 27th, 2009, 14:46
Xtratime Legend

Thanks for looking into this. Styg, I strongly recommend your personal assistant, Nacka, to do the dirty work for you. And I'm talking about the WFF here, just to be clear.

Quote:
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old December 28th, 2009, 11:27
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Yeah I know and that's why I checked the WFF fms permissions but according to the admin panel, they are not allowed to do any fm work in the sub forums. But they still are shown as fms So that's either something VS has to figure out or maybe some googling could help us.
Their inherited forum permissions take precedent over the manually adjusted FM permissions. You have to change the sub-forum settings and disable the option where those permissions are inherited.

Mercedes bastard & Limburger-loving schmuck
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old January 10th, 2010, 19:26
Xtratime Legend

BUMP. Still some display problems but Styg's removal of the unnecessary forums/sub-forums has solved the issue.

Quote:
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old January 10th, 2010, 21:41 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

What display problems? You mean with the inherited forum managers?
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old January 10th, 2010, 22:07
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
What display problems? You mean with the inherited forum managers?
Nah, man. I meant that the History of the WC forum is supposed to be a sub-forum of HOF but that doesn't show when you open the WFF. You just see them both as sub-forums of WFF. But your getting rid of the Multimedia bit makes things look less cluttered.

But seeing Dagoods name as one of the FM's is slightly disturbing.

Quote:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in