The aim of the Xtratime Community is to enable and promote global communication between different people from around the world sharing the same interests and passions. To enable this we have to have rules as any community has.
The rules are basically insights into getting the most out of your stay here; ease in and deepen the interaction across the forums and, very importantly, make sure YOU have as good a time here as you possibly can without ruining it for others.
Violation of any of these rules can resort in counter measures varying from posts being deleted, threads being closed, being blocked from a specific forum to a permanent ban from XT as a whole.
We hope you will help us in maintaining a positive atmosphere in the community.
1. Do not engage in an argument with any member in a topic that may pertain to race, religion, sex, disputable historic talk or politics. Sexually harassing others is also forbidden.
2. Do not post any flame threads in another forum. Friendly rivalry and banter is acceptable. XT Management wants discussions to flow, unless it generates into a useless, name calling thread that is going nowhere. Be passionate about a team in whatever means you would like to, but as far as possible, refrain from using vulgar language. Remember, do onto others what you want others to do onto you.
3. Topics that do not serve any purpose other than personal attacks against members and clubs will be edited, posts will be deleted and topics closed if necessary. Several threads of a similar if not identical theme will be merged so that opinions are not censored and etiquette is maintained.
4. Be considerate to the feelings of all members. What may seem humorous to some may be offensive to others. Be flexible and be ready to compromise. Try not to insult any member, Forum Manager, Community Manager or Administrator. When you encounter problems with other posters, refrain from using offending words in arguments, alert a FM, CM or Admin in stead or try and work it out via pm.
5. If you see a link that points to political sites, porn sites or fellow football forum sites, use the report button to report it. or ask a FM, CM or Admin.
6. Avatars, signatures and profile information have to be complicit with XT rules. Nothing pornographic, racist, disputable historical or political can be used. Anything even remotely close to that kind of stuff, or anything that can be seen as something like that will be removed. In the case of flags, flags of states recognized international organizations such as FIFA, UN or other sports organizations such as the Olympic Committee will be accepted, recognized flags of regions within these states are also acceptable. So for example the flag for the State of California is acceptable, however flags of regions not recognized internationally will not be accepted.
7. Private Messages are not moderated by the XT administration team and only the owners have access to this facility. However, if you feel harassed by the content of the PMs you have received you can inform management about the content, which will be judged, if there is a case of misconduct on the senders behalf and or if the privacy of a poster is in danger, then relative action will be taken by the CM/Admin team.
8. XT is an English forum and posts should be made in English. There is nothing wrong with a few posts in other languages here and there and also in specific language threads. But when it gets to the point English speakers cannot follow threads FMs will ask you proceed in English.
Also, insults and personal attacks in other languages will be treated the same as an English insult, so don't think you can use another language to insult and get away with it!
9. Using proxy servers to connect to XT is forbidden and will get you permanently banned. However, if you have a genuine reason why you cannot access Xtratime without a proxy then please contact a CM or Admin and they'll decide if you'll be allowed to use one.
10. Forum Managers are there to ensure the forums are staying within the community atmosphere and should be treated with respect. Any disputes should be dealt with via PMs. If outside assistance is required, contact a Community Manager or Administrator for help with the resolution. Community Managers and Administrators have the last say. period. The Administrators reserve the right to amend user account settings should the need arise.
11. We will not tolerate any form of advertising without prior approval of at least one Administrator. We have to pay our bills and if we allow advertising for free it follows that no one would want to pay for the same privileges.
12. When creating a new topic, please take care to create your topic in the appropriate forum. Sometimes a topic might logically be located in two or even three different places. Choose the one forum that you think most closely fits your topic. Never create a topic in more than one forum! Instead, place a short post in the second one and refer to the first via a link. If you create a new topic in a forum that is not the best choice, your topic may be moved to a better suited forum. However, this should only occur when your topic has obviously been misplaced. In most cases, you should see your topic in its previous forum with the word "Moved: " in front of it. Simply click on the topic name and you will be in the new forum.
13. Attempting to access another poster's account is considered hacking and will not be tolerated. Perpetrators will be banned.
So how do i use this site?
For starters there's the vBulletin FAQ
. For all questions regarding posting images, youtube clips and other stuff our honorable admin Bentex
gracefully provided us with the vB Code List!
. If you require help or want any other vb
code added please contact Bentex and he'll assist you.
What are considered Problem Posts?
Posts/threads that have the following:
What should I do in the event a member of another forum enters my “home” forum with the sole intention of causing problems?
- Ethnic/racial slurs
- Political and/or religious conversations of any type, no matter whether it is a “clean” debate or a slanging match, there is zero tolerance to any political or religious talk, regardless the nature of the conversation.
- Gender harassment
- Explicit sexual talk
- Excessive use of bad language for the purposes of insults and provocation
First of all, define “problem” or if there really is a problem. An outside observer sharing an honest opinion in a diplomatic and respectful way, and asking the opinion of the members of your forum is NOT a problem. Sometimes outsiders can see things or might make observations about a team that the team's fans may not have thought about. However, what IS a problem is when outsiders come to curse at or taunt the fans in your team's forum, to bash (totally destructive and rude criticism) the team in order to provoke members into equally nasty replies, etc. You can usually tell by the tone of such posts immediately.
It is suggested that you PM the moderator(s) of the instigator's forum (if unsure of home forum, try looking at the post history to see if that gives any clues) and ask them to PM the troublemaker. Also contact one or more of the CMs and ask them to look into the situation. You may also find that a CM may step in earlier if they spot the problem themselves.
What is the difference between a ban, bar and a block?
A ban is the procedure when a poster is permanently prevented access to the entire forum. Whilst a bar is when a user has their access to the entire forum prevented for a designated period of time. A Forum Block is when a users access rights to a specific forum is withdrawn, so that they cannot view or post in that individual forum.
What if someone who was banned or barred re-registers with a new name and continues to cause problems?
There has been situations where a poster who has been barred for a set amount of time has re-registered whilst still barred, when such a situation occurs the original bar of the poster is doubled and the alternate account is banned permanently. Also the use of alternate accounts to overcome a block in a specific forum or to troll/insult and provocate the boards results in a permanent ban for the alternate account and relative action taken against the poster, depedent on factors such as the repetition of these acts and past reputation.
My bar/ban was unfair, what should I do to defend myself?
You should contact a FM or CM and explain yourself. They will discuss the subject with the Administrators and you will have to wait. Just demanding a solution is not enough: we acknowledge the possibility of errors and the necessary amends for both sides.
Two members have been in the same heated argument, but each received a different punishment? Why?
Sometimes members are in the same argument, but do not use the same language or insults. But more important: the punishment in XT is progressive. Someone with a clean past will not suffer the same amount of punishment that a member with a past of troubles will receive. Obviously, a member who behaves for a long time after being a trouble maker, will also have the chance to receive a softer punishment.
How are FMs, CMs and Admins chosen?
There are different methods for choosing FMs:
1. Either the management team notices the need of a FM in a forum and seek out candidates among the regular members of that forum or
2. the members or FMs of that forum point out the necessity and do some suggestions.
The management team still can approve or not the names suggested based on the contribution of the member and his disciplinary record. CMs are chosen by the management among the more active FMs, Admins are picked from the current crop of CMs.
I want to change my name, how is it done?
You must post a request in this thread
. Once it is changed, you can only request another change in 6 months. And to make sure everyone still knows who you are, it is required that your add something along the lines of "Formerly known as previous user name" to your sig for a while.
Why do I have to read all that crap? This guy knows nothing about football and his writing style is awful.
If the member is not breaking any rule, there is nothing we can do about it. XT is a place for everyone, not an academy which membership demands a particular degree of knowledge, including the English language. A regular member can however use the ignore function to not have to read what an annoying poster has to say. This is the way to add someone to your ignore list: Click on his user name, select "View public profile" and then click "Add this user to your ignore list".