Problem in the music forum. - Page 2 - Xtratime Community
 22Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 43 (permalink) Old November 22nd, 2018, 16:15
Administrators
Rising Star
 
admin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2007
Posts: 585



I'm wondering if the AME plugins are causing this to change. I don't see any other reason why it would.
what did the old code look like?

Lee
admin is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 43 (permalink) Old November 22nd, 2018, 16:46
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
Xtratime Legend
 
Boyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2000
Posts: 37,034
Blog Entries: 7
I can't remember. I wrote it way back in 2006.

Today it would probably look something like this: <iframe width="420" height="315"
src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tgbNymZ7vqY">
</iframe>
Boyo is offline  
post #23 of 43 (permalink) Old November 23rd, 2018, 15:20
Administrators
Rising Star
 
admin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2007
Posts: 585
Thanks,

This is the current code right now:

<iframe width="640" height="385" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1_9quFEtBh8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If you would like, we can get the width and height changed.

Ed
admin is offline  
 
post #24 of 43 (permalink) Old November 23rd, 2018, 15:32
TTM
Legend
 
TTM's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2011
Posts: 12,306
Hey, @admin , just let Boyo et al take care of it homie . No shame in your game....

Ding ding ding da ding da ding ding ding
TTM is offline  
post #25 of 43 (permalink) Old November 23rd, 2018, 15:40
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
Xtratime Legend
 
Boyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2000
Posts: 37,034
Blog Entries: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Thanks,

This is the current code right now:

<iframe width="640" height="385" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1_9quFEtBh8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If you would like, we can get the width and height changed.

Ed
The height and width weren't the issue. I just picked an example. The problem was that the url of TUB code was HTTP instead of HTTPS. I originally asked to change the URL from HTTP to HTTPS.

But instead one of your colleagues made a change where the TUB tags were automatically changed to YOUTUBE tags.

So what I am asking is to please stop that automatic change and allow us to use and view embedded videos with the TUB code, albeit a TUB code that that now has HTTPS in the URL.

Thank you.
Boyo is offline  
post #26 of 43 (permalink) Old November 24th, 2018, 05:54
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
Xtratime Legend
 
Boyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2000
Posts: 37,034
Blog Entries: 7
The TUB tags are working again. Thank you for that.

However, we are now left with the mess of all the embedded videos with TUB tags that were historically posted having been converted to YOUTUBE tags, and thus no longer work.

Could you please try to fix that? Perhaps by reversing whatever was done to convert the TUB tags to YOUTUBE tags across the board in the first place?
Boyo is offline  
post #27 of 43 (permalink) Old November 26th, 2018, 16:15
Administrators
Rising Star
 
admin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2007
Posts: 585
Thanks,

Going to get this escalated and see if the techs can get those variables replaced back with tub.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Ed
admin is offline  
post #28 of 43 (permalink) Old November 27th, 2018, 10:40
inbred amoeba
Star Player
 
Beaux Balkans's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2014
Location: Sofia
Teams: the Toothless Lions
Posts: 2,925
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyo View Post
The TUB tags are working again. Thank you for that.

However, we are now left with the mess of all the embedded videos with TUB tags that were historically posted having been converted to YOUTUBE tags, and thus no longer work.

Could you please try to fix that? Perhaps by reversing whatever was done to convert the TUB tags to YOUTUBE tags across the board in the first place?
The TUB tag converts to YOUTUBE tag automatically also if you edit your post containing a youtube link.
Beaux Balkans is offline  
post #29 of 43 (permalink) Old November 27th, 2018, 11:01
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
Xtratime Legend
 
Boyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2000
Posts: 37,034
Blog Entries: 7
Yes. And that is what VS will hopefully fix, so that it won't happen anymore.
Boyo is offline  
post #30 of 43 (permalink) Old November 28th, 2018, 15:58
Administrators
Rising Star
 
admin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2007
Posts: 585
Hi there,

Yup, can you grab me an example of a youtube video that doesn't work?
I want to pass it along to the techs so they can do some testing and replicating.

Thanks,

ED
admin is offline  
post #31 of 43 (permalink) Old November 28th, 2018, 16:53
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
Xtratime Legend
 
Boyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2000
Posts: 37,034
Blog Entries: 7
The issue is that all the embedded videos with TUB tags that were historically posted have been converted to YOUTUBE tags, and thus no longer work.

For example, this thread: https://www.xtratime.org/forum/129-m...-song-day.html

What needs to be done to fix this is for all the YOUTUBE tags to be converted to TUB tags. A simple search & replace query should do it.
Boyo is offline  
post #32 of 43 (permalink) Old November 28th, 2018, 18:14
TTM
Legend
 
TTM's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2011
Posts: 12,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Hi there,

Yup, can you grab me an example of a youtube video that doesn't work?
I want to pass it along to the techs so they can do some testing and replicating.

Thanks,

ED
I've been supporting you for 2 years now . I'm always moderating your chat making sure dumbasses don't say shit about you....Do you know how much I support you? I always donate to you....I've given you thousands of dollars at this point
Firdaus and ToniSamp like this.

Ding ding ding da ding da ding ding ding
TTM is offline  
post #33 of 43 (permalink) Old November 29th, 2018, 15:25
Administrators
Rising Star
 
admin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2007
Posts: 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyo View Post
The issue is that all the embedded videos with TUB tags that were historically posted have been converted to YOUTUBE tags, and thus no longer work.

For example, this thread: https://www.xtratime.org/forum/129-m...-song-day.html

What needs to be done to fix this is for all the YOUTUBE tags to be converted to TUB tags. A simple search & replace query should do it.
Name:  Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 10.24.35.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  19.4 KB

guess this solved the issue. Did someone do this recently?

Lee
admin is offline  
post #34 of 43 (permalink) Old November 29th, 2018, 15:44
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
Xtratime Legend
 
Boyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2000
Posts: 37,034
Blog Entries: 7
That's what caused the issue. In order to solve it, it needs to be reversed. I.e. replace YOUTUBE with TUB.
Boyo is offline  
post #35 of 43 (permalink) Old November 29th, 2018, 20:13
Administrators
Rising Star
 
admin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2007
Posts: 585
Hi there,

It should be reversed now.
Let me know if this is resolved now.

Thanks,

Ed
Firdaus, Boyo, Reza and 1 others like this.
admin is offline  
post #36 of 43 (permalink) Old November 29th, 2018, 21:36
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend
 
ToniSamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2002
Teams: Sampdoria, Italian NT, Crystal Palace
Posts: 44,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTM View Post
I've been supporting you for 2 years now . I'm always moderating your chat making sure dumbasses don't say shit about you....Do you know how much I support you? I always donate to you....I've given you thousands of dollars at this point
Firdaus and TTM like this.
ToniSamp is online now  
post #37 of 43 (permalink) Old November 30th, 2018, 00:19
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
Xtratime Legend
 
Boyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2000
Posts: 37,034
Blog Entries: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Hi there,

It should be reversed now.
Let me know if this is resolved now.

Thanks,

Ed
Yes. Thank you. It's been resolved now.
Firdaus and admin like this.

Mercedes bastard & Limburger-loving schmuck
Boyo is offline  
post #38 of 43 (permalink) Old November 30th, 2018, 02:27
Xtratime Legend
 
Firdaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 1999
Teams: Inter, Memphis Tigers
Posts: 42,582
Is this the part when I come in and take all the credit?
admin and TTM like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob W The Bat View Post
These last years after the CL win I noticed when following the Inter online community that many fans have turned into cvcksuckers.
R.I.P: Tazzy, Flo.
Firdaus is offline  
post #39 of 43 (permalink) Old November 30th, 2018, 04:17
Administrators
Legend
 
Reza's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2001
Location: Canada
Teams: Milan
Posts: 10,972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firdaus View Post
Is this the part when I come in and take all the credit?
Your contribution is duly noted
admin likes this.
Reza is offline  
post #40 of 43 (permalink) Old December 5th, 2018, 11:37
Xtratime Legend
 
Stephan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2006
Teams: Juve/ITALIA
Posts: 34,438
Playback doesnt work for me right now after posting video. What im supposed to edit or do? It just says video unavailable. While it worked fine on youtube homepage.
Stephan is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome