Attention - Changes to the site newsletter. - Page 2 - Xtratime Community
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old April 11th, 2018, 23:46
Administrators
Legend

Teams: Milan

Now please do your part to make it followed, RTed, liked, etc.

Start with believing the science then debate the means forward
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old April 12th, 2018, 00:32
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Magyar NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Other sports sites?

Lee
Back when I admin here we had partner sites. Including my site Bentex TV. My XT banner on my site brought in over 50 members which included around 30 regular. I got visitors to my site Bentex TV too. Win win.

May be worth contact football sites that don't have forums. Not sure if zonal marking have one or not. But just for the idea.... a banner exchange as standard. Plus open a section on tactics and have the section sponsored and managed by zonal marking.

Again, I repeat I dunno how ZM operates. This is an example of what is possible.

Another idea is to contact one of the footy humor video makers and do something with them. Like an open a Football humor section. Some of their stuff is posted on here with us providing a link to "more clips like this? Click here! They will have our banner on their site of course. I already have an XT banner I used on other sites.

Also a funny football media thread should be a must with all the twitter, insta, YouTube material created nowadays!

Then there a fan vlog channels we could approach. They could say on their videos 'further debate continues in the Everton v Liverpool match thread on XT".

Unfortunately, and say this with confidence. I departed as admin at the wrong time (2010 or 11) for XT. The internet was changing and I knew we had to move with the times. Others were afraid of facebook, twitter and other ways people interact on the net. I on the other hand saw opportunity! On Facebook I would add Hungarian players (my site was Hungarian) to my Bentex TV account. When they scored or saved a pen etc I'd upload the clip and tag them! So all their 5000 friends saw it too, and every time they posted on it, it was bumped again! Now, at the end of the clip there was a banner saying everything my site has to offer! I got amazing traffic! All I had to do is tag 3-4 clips a week and my site link was seen by more than 20,000 users who like Hungarian football!

Got to think outside the box. I've offered my help several times. I've offered help from my graphics designer. All turned down! If you're willing to listen Reza and VS LEE, I'm gonna be around, but not so much in upcoming week or 2. Very busy trying to facilitate a business sale in UK! 5k at least if I succeed.

But listen #1, I'm a mardy arse! If I feel people are not respecting me, then I won't continue. I was getting the Man Utd forum back on track when something really nasty was said to me. I won't offer my experience if there is a replay. I hope you understand this, Reza! All I ask in return is some Farsi teaching.

But listen #2, We are almost a decade behind and out activity is low. 10 years it would be easy to recruit partners. We had the best hand...not anymore. So it will take some patients.

Over to you!
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old April 12th, 2018, 00:56
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Magyar NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reza View Post

Now please do your part to make it followed, RTed, liked, etc.

I will do mate! Just actually shutting down my social media for a few weeks. I have loads of business to sort and it won't be easy. I don't like going on social medi exhausted coz especially the ladies get upset if I'm not my usual charming self. No joke, I talk to them really nice and if one day I'm not mr charming they get upset and paranoid. I'm not talking flirting here, many are much older/younger than me.

2 quick examples: I got bad news (screwed over by two-face low life) and I couldn't chit-chat with my lady pharmacist. Which she loves to do with me. Nothing nasty was said on this day but neither were nice things said. She was nearly in tears as I was leaving. The next day I went to see her she was hiding. But I walked up to her.... poor thing had no make up on and looked terrible. I showed paperwork to why I was upset and it wasn't her! The smile came back instantly and she got her confidence back. She told me to leave coz she had no make up on.

2nd, trying to make it shorter, last was too long. My sister wanted to see me on my birthday. I was poorly and said I can't go out. So she brought food to Bentex Studios. I told her I was sick and not to bring food but she insisted. I could hardly speak and didn't eat. She said to me "you wasn't nice to me today". I responded "I couldn't, but I wasn't nasty either". She was upset with me for a long time! I did nothing wrong

Probably didn't need all this info, but I'm a sharer.

post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old April 12th, 2018, 01:32
*the drum drum*
Xtratime Legend

FYI, your "newsletter" ends up in junk mail.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in