Attention - Password and Security Update - Page 5 - Xtratime Community
 58Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 314 (permalink) Old June 17th, 2016, 05:12
Rookie

I cannot re-register my baraba account. I received no email about it and when I try to do a password retrieval nothing gets sent. I've been a member of the site for 15 years and during a major tournament everyone gets kicked off. Unreal.
Is there a way someone can help get my old account back?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 314 (permalink) Old June 17th, 2016, 06:20
Rookie

I have a feeling the old accounts are gone. I'm not sure how they'll give them back.
post #83 of 314 (permalink) Old June 17th, 2016, 06:23
Xtratime Legend

Teams: FC Ingolstadt 04
I went through the forgot password route and it worked alright.

When all the lights go out forever
Somewhere near the end of time
The noise will pass and the dust will settle
And you'll be on my mind

post #84 of 314 (permalink) Old June 17th, 2016, 07:19
Rookie

My email is the same but it doesn't send me a new password.
post #85 of 314 (permalink) Old June 17th, 2016, 07:25
Rookie

lol what a ****en joke
post #86 of 314 (permalink) Old June 17th, 2016, 07:34
World Class Player

Teams: Ac Milan , Albania, Italia,Croatia
Quote:
Originally Posted by baraba1 View Post
The hosting account they use probably lets them send only 200 emails/hour . The reset it's working out now. If you have access to tapatalk you can ask a password reset from there or pm one of the admins as they can change it and give you a temporary password. Bad timing for doing this, even social networks announce it a month early at least and they suggest doing it while here developers just forced users out.

I don't get why did they update the forum to a 2013 version of vbulletin full of exploits , althrough i had a type 7 password if they access the database anyone can reverse it so it's just the same as having "fluffy" as password.
post #87 of 314 (permalink) Old June 17th, 2016, 07:58
Rookie

I got a new email to the one I registered in and I went through the contact us route, but no has responded yet. How long is it going to take?
post #88 of 314 (permalink) Old June 17th, 2016, 09:22
Ninja
Rookie

Teams: Teams with japs and/or ninjas
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCamilo View Post
Yeah, you stop remembering them after 9 years
Yes, one might very well do just that.

Unless one is prone to keeping meticulous notes in one's journal regarding which mail account one has used when registering to various websites.
post #89 of 314 (permalink) Old June 17th, 2016, 09:31
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

Teams: SL Benfica
Quote:

they are sending mass emails now, so i reckon yours is in line baraba, keep us posted as if u are not getting in

like jefe, if you try to log in normally with your account, and thne because it doesnt accept your password, you chose the option "forgot password", it should be working, you should be receiving an email with a link to how to replace your password....wasnt working for many hours, but yesterday was already and should be now.....maybe its just a bit slower now due to the amount of emails that are being sent

we are working with VS on the issue of the inactive emails

"there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in"

"rocks on my path? i keep them all , one day i'll build a castle"
post #90 of 314 (permalink) Old June 17th, 2016, 09:44
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Al Ahly | F.C. Internazionale | AZ
Luckily I still use the same e mail address I registered with so I managed to reset my password.. messed up situation though, similar to Vodafone UK changing their billing systems...

ما أخذ بالقوة لا يسترد إلا بالقوة
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZZ View Post
lol hossam lol...i think your the coolest bro one of the few ppl i like in this world

now thats three rants lol

i love u bro. yr good people

Juventus were relegated to Serie B along with their reputation.
http://www.inter.it/en/news/46733
post #91 of 314 (permalink) Old June 17th, 2016, 10:02
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: AC Milan, Netherlands
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inácio View Post
they are sending mass emails now, so i reckon yours is in line baraba, keep us posted as if u are not getting in

like jefe, if you try to log in normally with your account, and thne because it doesnt accept your password, you chose the option "forgot password", it should be working, you should be receiving an email with a link to how to replace your password....wasnt working for many hours, but yesterday was already and should be now.....maybe its just a bit slower now due to the amount of emails that are being sent

we are working with VS on the issue of the inactive emails
Here is the link: Xtratime Community - Lost Password Recovery Form

My weekly rant!

27th May 1965: Over 16,000 days.

"For a moment there I returned to my youth, the early youth, when all nice illusions were gathered together. Then life came and, like a strong wind, blew them away, one by one. What we call happiness is sometimes the accordance between our life and circumstances, our biography and history, our personal aspirations and historical currents. If I look at things that way, I can say: I was born too early to be happy. But birth is one of the many things we do not get to choose. It is part of our destiny."
Alija Izetbegovic

"وما الحيله فقد اراد اعدائي ان يغطوا كل خدماتي بغطاء اسود وقد نجحوا في ذلك."

عبد الحميد الثاني
post #92 of 314 (permalink) Old June 17th, 2016, 10:08
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Manchester United
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabdob View Post
All this fiasco to make us change our passwords, I changed it to my exact old password. Eat that VS

Silly measure, silly timing!
So you can have the same password as earlier? So basically this whole exercise was pointless and did nothing but make the forum hemorrhage members and cause problems for the admins/cm's who got minimal warning about this from VS?
post #93 of 314 (permalink) Old June 17th, 2016, 10:25
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yatta View Post
So you can have the same password as earlier? So basically this whole exercise was pointless and did nothing but make the forum hemorrhage members and cause problems for the admins/cm's who got minimal warning about this from VS?
Yes

If they want to pretend that they have upgraded their security, it makes sense to follow best practices, which include to not use a password that's been used for the last 6 months

My weekly rant!

"For a moment there I returned to my youth, the early youth, when all nice illusions were gathered together. Then life came and, like a strong wind, blew them away, one by one. What we call happiness is sometimes the accordance between our life and circumstances, our biography and history, our personal aspirations and historical currents. If I look at things that way, I can say: I was born too early to be happy. But birth is one of the many things we do not get to choose. It is part of our destiny."
Alija Izetbegovic

عبد الحميد الثاني
post #94 of 314 (permalink) Old June 17th, 2016, 11:38
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Bendigo Braves (women)
VS hate us.

Without it gravity is just gravy.
post #95 of 314 (permalink) Old June 17th, 2016, 13:26
Rookie

Ok, so this was a total fcuk up. Well done.

Have contacted admins twice in order to get my old account connected to my new email with no luck. What was the point of all this? That the password requirements weren't tough enough before so some hacker can bruteforce it? Who gives a shit, what are they gonna do with my account, post "Cristiano is wank" ? Jesus christ.
post #96 of 314 (permalink) Old June 17th, 2016, 13:28
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Atletico-MG
Don't be silly, some people here share personal information in their PMs.

Anyways, what is your problem? E-mail not active?

Kat: "JCam, you may quote me now, but you are quite wise".

Kat: "JCam knows, we do not doubt in him".
post #97 of 314 (permalink) Old June 17th, 2016, 13:30
Rookie

My current email is connected to the account michelco2 which I tried to create yesterday since this all went tits up. The email connected to my proper account michelco I've no clue about since I registered 10 years ago. I just need someone to connect my current email to the michelco account, however I can't get a response.
post #98 of 314 (permalink) Old June 17th, 2016, 13:33
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelco3 View Post
My current email is connected to the account michelco2 which I tried to create yesterday since this all went tits up. The email connected to my proper account michelco I've no clue about since I registered 10 years ago. I just need someone to connect my current email to the michelco account, however I can't get a response.
The easier and fast way is for JCam to reset your password in your original account and send it to this account. Then you can log on, change it and modify your email as you like.

My weekly rant!

Alija Izetbegovic

عبد الحميد الثاني
post #99 of 314 (permalink) Old June 17th, 2016, 13:34
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

VS genius plan: Let every user register a new account, we'll double number of members and sell

My weekly rant!

Alija Izetbegovic

عبد الحميد الثاني
post #100 of 314 (permalink) Old June 17th, 2016, 13:35
Rookie

That would work. I'm a moderator at the Valencia forum and I need to delete Steven's posts when Sweden gets battered against Italy ASAP

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in