Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 429 (permalink) Old May 19th, 2016, 14:54
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

Teams: SL Benfica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biancoceleste View Post
Oh, and I would like to be made Community Manager, thank you very much.

Seeing as all the other regulars in the Lazio forum are all FMs, admins and what not it's kind of humiliating to be just a measly user with no powers.
no ways is that true? if so , we most demote some of those FM's and Co....

"there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in"

"rocks on my path? i keep them all , one day i'll build a castle"
post #63 of 429 (permalink) Old May 19th, 2016, 15:10
Flop
International

Teams: S.S. Lazio
Or maybe you could make me one of those XT Consultants.

I'll give you some advice and when you implement my suggestions and it turns into shit, it's your own fault and I'm in no way responsible.

Yeah, consultancy is definitely for me.

Yada, yada

post #64 of 429 (permalink) Old May 19th, 2016, 18:03
World Class Player

Teams: Republic of Albania NT
The peak for internet forums was between 2003-2008. After that they began to slowly die and will continue to do so. In large part because of the rise of social media but ironically even social media is in decline. It began with myspace and that's dead, Facebook(what replaced myspace) is slowly dying, twitter is in good shape but it's not very attractive for the average joe. The "hot" thing right now is Instagram and the new rising star is snapchat. They'll eventually decline as well because new things will appear. People like to jump on the cool new thing.

Basically people are bandwagoners by nature.
Boyo and YBC like this.
post #65 of 429 (permalink) Old May 19th, 2016, 20:05
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Juve/ITALIA
Reddit seems to be quite popular and alternative to your classic forums.
post #66 of 429 (permalink) Old May 19th, 2016, 20:07
Rob
A true hero
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Hull City Tigers
All these things are okay, but they don't allow you to build projects in the way message boards do.

Maybe I'm just set in my ways, but I don't really like any of them.
Bobby Cialtron likes this.

post #67 of 429 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2016, 03:43
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
All these things are okay, but they don't allow you to build projects in the way message boards do.

Maybe I'm just set in my ways, but I don't really like any of them.
agreed, forums are superior, but the history of art and communication is full of media getting more accessible and less substantial.
post #68 of 429 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2016, 08:50
Flop
International

So, when are you making me CM or consultant? I thought that would be a fairly easy thing to do.

I was once a very successful FM of the Love & Dating forum and was twice offered af CM-position. I've earned my stripes!

Yada, yada
post #69 of 429 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2016, 08:54
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
Xtratime Legend

I'm not sure we have any CM vacancies. But we do still have that Technical Consultant position that has been open ever since Kat stepped down. Do you want that?

Woke AF!
post #70 of 429 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2016, 11:58
Flop
International

Uh, my smartphone usually becomes a dumbphone when I'm using so maybe I'm not the right person for a tech-position.

Yada, yada
post #71 of 429 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2016, 12:30
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biancoceleste View Post
Uh, my smartphone usually becomes a dumbphone when I'm using so maybe I'm not the right person for a tech-position.
Shouldn't be a problem. The post below is what made Kat our Technical Consultant.

https://www.xtratime.org/forum/202-qu...ml#post4066711

Woke AF!
post #72 of 429 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2016, 17:31
YBC
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan View Post
Reddit seems to be quite popular and alternative to your classic forums.
reddit is incredibly popular. The soccer subreddit especially has all football news, goals and discussion laid out nicely on one page, along with having 450,000 subscribers. It will slowly replace all football forums, I imagine.
post #73 of 429 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2016, 21:58
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Manchester City, West Didsbury & Chorlton AFC
I thought XT peaked when I was CM personally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob
Of course you need TGO you retards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutu
ill be honest, im plastered but i well into that women and she was me and i lost her ass
post #74 of 429 (permalink) Old May 21st, 2016, 09:49
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: ACF Fiorentina 1926
I have already posted my ideas for changing parts of the forum. It's in the other major thread for the update.

I'm having real difficulty posting in this forum or even remembering this website exists. This is quite a feat, because this website and how to specifically improve the quality and content of the Fiorentina forum is something that I have / had real interest. I do also believe I have attracted fans to that particular part of the forum. We gained more fans in the last year or so when I really started to work on it.

To go from being a dedicated poster looking to improve the forum to someone contemplating not posting is quite an extraordinary jump.

I am not trying to be contrarian. I have tried to work with it; even with the old skin we had. I have realised that the forum's distinct USP is that thread titles can be viewed on the main page. To not see the starting titles on the main page of every forum is is the thing that decreases the interest (for me). I know that we have this on the new skin, but we don't have it on the old one. I'd use the new skin, but the page is too big! There are very few, very few websites that do not allow you to zoom out of their written content. I like skimming down the page seeing what people posted from all over the forum, but I want to be able to do it at my own zoom.

BBC:

BBC Weather - London

Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

Google:

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=fat+cat

YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com

All these websites and almost every website has a space whereby people can zoom out and read the content at their own preferred distance. This website does not do that and especially needs to as this is primarily a text based website! You don't hold a book in someone's face and force them to read it from the angle of your choice. People should be free to choose.

The only thing I'd add is the colour combination of the website makes it seem dim and not sharp enough. Too much contrast would make it too sharp. Say; Red over black. That would be too garish. Perhaps we could try a lemon yellow or a marine or perhaps turquise or a light green? We could perhaps invert the existing colours so that predominant colour is green and the rest of it is grey and black - that might work quite well. But this is a minor point compared to the real issue of forcing us to read/see the content from a fully wide page. I suspect there is a reason why virtually no website does this.

STAY AHEAD

Last edited by Scarf; July 17th, 2016 at 06:25.
post #75 of 429 (permalink) Old May 21st, 2016, 13:37
Xtratime Elite

Teams: MTK
Quote:
Originally Posted by YBC View Post
reddit is incredibly popular. The soccer subreddit especially has all football news, goals and discussion laid out nicely on one page, along with having 450,000 subscribers. It will slowly replace all football forums, I imagine.
This reddit thing and their soccer news is totally random, not to compare with a forum and the various countries' sections.
post #76 of 429 (permalink) Old May 21st, 2016, 14:01
YBC
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by szövkap View Post
This reddit thing and their soccer news is totally random, not to compare with a forum and the various countries' sections.
I don't see how it's 'random', and you have separate subs for each club. Obviously a forum has advantages over this but it's slowly taking over.
post #77 of 429 (permalink) Old May 21st, 2016, 14:25
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by YBC View Post
I don't see how it's 'random', and you have separate subs for each club. Obviously a forum has advantages over this but it's slowly taking over.
their main page and you see the meaning of random

taking over the masses is one thing but we are some specific nerdy crew here who are mainly interested in f ex Bosnian or Magyar foci, not in "clubs" like Real or whatever is trendy at the moment

bottomline, I don't think we attract the same crowds
post #78 of 429 (permalink) Old May 21st, 2016, 14:37
Xtratime Elite

I think the lack of listing in search engines is the biggest problem. Some time ago you would search 'hungarian football' or 'magyarfoci' and XT would be the top finds, now it disappeared and only random sites pop up
Inácio likes this.
post #79 of 429 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 2016, 17:24
Rising Star

I like the new xtratime forum and of the football forums Ive been on this is still one I like.

I can never see xtratime dying though to be honest in response to the opening post
post #80 of 429 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 2016, 17:26
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by szövkap View Post
I think the lack of listing in search engines is the biggest problem. Some time ago you would search 'hungarian football' or 'magyarfoci' and XT would be the top finds, now it disappeared and only random sites pop up
Agree which is a shame.Iam sure if more people knew about it it would attract more interest.I only came on it by chance ages ago and really liked it especially the national team forums as no other footy forums had so much traffic especially for the Spanish national team

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in