Is XT on the verge of death? - Page 13 - Xtratime Community
 213Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #241 of 429 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2017, 02:55
*the drum drum*
Xtratime Legend

There are multiple ways in which forums can be archived, merged and moved.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 429 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2017, 05:07
Administrators
Legend

Teams: Milan
The reduction of number of forums aka merging ghost towns into parent forums, I think there is general agreement by all not just higher ups. A few tournament type forums have already been moved to the archives, as they are always.
I am sure if more time to consider ways is needed (or was needed!) we can have it, but debate length = delays is not something required or wanted, based on the mood of threads like this.
Inácio likes this.
post #243 of 429 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2017, 13:15
*the drum drum*
Xtratime Legend

It's not about a debate, it's about involvement. You'll find change is always much better received when there is involvement.

Closing redundant forums is easy enough, but if you want to restructure forums, there will be unnecessary negativity if you don't involve the community prior to the changes.
yeniceri likes this.

post #244 of 429 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2017, 13:35
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Atletico-MG
The closing/merging/moving to the archive was done with "easy" forums, so there was little need to open a discussion about those. But now, we must deal with more "Problematic forums", so we need to hear more people (and it is, as I said, not a big structural change, which must be discussed ahead and not by just you and me).

For example:

I am considering moving Playground Footbal to be a subforum to World Footbal.
Wally said we could close all dutch forums, but Feynoord. Is that true? The other forums should just be move to the general Holand forum? I saw they still have some small activity.
TGO said to close City's forum. That is the final word?
We considered Italian forums are fine as they are because Toni efforts and should not touch it. Everyone agrees?
I am considering merging all South American Forums in one, except Brazilian forum.
Tiger proposed the closing of german clubs forums. Is that the next step?
Turkey forums: closing all?
ToniSamp likes this.

Kat: "JCam, you may quote me now, but you are quite wise".

Kat: "JCam knows, we do not doubt in him".
post #245 of 429 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2017, 14:04
Administrators
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zico 10 View Post
It's not about a debate, it's about involvement. You'll find change is always much better received when there is involvement.

Closing redundant forums is easy enough, but if you want to restructure forums, there will be unnecessary negativity if you don't involve the community prior to the changes.
This thread alone is near 250 replies (and there have been other threads too, not like the issue is hidden, if anything members see it as more member suggestions than actions, see Tiger's posts as examples)
We should not be pushing members to come in threads like this, in the past I have pasted links to threads like this (logo poll for example) in the chatbox, tbh those who want to be involved know exactly what to do.
post #246 of 429 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2017, 14:11
Master Debater
Xtratime Legend

I am sadden by all this talk about closing the Turkish section as I've been posting there for years. But that section is a damned eyesore for the website as it has zero activity. I think putting it to sleep might be the right move.

Buraya buraya Deli Ibo Burayaaaaaaaaa
post #247 of 429 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2017, 14:17
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Atletico-MG
As Zico said, there is plenty of ways to close a forum. We are not "deleting" any forum, they may go to the archives (so we will never lose the famous IB post about jerking off for guys), but they can became subforums of another forum? Or one or another thread can be moved to a another forum? In the case of Turkish forums, are we talking about ending the clubs forums and leaving only a general Turkish section?In this case, shoudl we pick one or another thread to be moved there? Who are going to be the mods?Or no turkish section at all and if you want to talk about turkish footbal, you must go to World Football Forum?

Kat: "JCam, you may quote me now, but you are quite wise".

Kat: "JCam knows, we do not doubt in him".
post #248 of 429 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2017, 14:25
*the drum drum*
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reza View Post
This thread alone is near 250 replies (and there have been other threads too, not like the issue is hidden, if anything members see it as more member suggestions than actions, see Tiger's posts as examples)
We should not be pushing members to come in threads like this, in the past I have pasted links to threads like this (logo poll for example) in the chatbox, tbh those who want to be involved know exactly what to do.
Who is to say community involvement is this particular thread, or indeed public at all?

I would start with identifying key community members, people like Toni for example, and discussing matters with them over PM. Perhaps form a team to tackle the issue and create them a private forum to discuss on and ongoing basis.

yeni & JC - the Turkish forums as they currently are, were born out of a single "Turkish Leagues & Cups" forum. The activity spawned into one of the most active forum sections during it's peak period. We were active then because we knew activity would lead to the creation of subforums - Galatasaray got theirs on the back of some stellar form for their football side, so Fenerbahce got a forum because rival fans reacted almost in jealousy. So on and so forth.

A single forum is not necessarily the end but rather a potential new beginning. But if it doesn't reach the same heights, that's okay as well, because a single forum with a little activity is better than 7 forums with the same amount of activity.
Firdaus likes this.

post #249 of 429 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2017, 14:54
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Bayern München
@JCam : We should ask Dortmund supporters if they want to keep the Dortmund forum, I haven't made my mind up about that one myself. But it is quite clear that the Bayern forum can be archived, nothing at all for an entire season. All the Bayern discussions were in the German forum (on purpose so that I would at least get some replies from other members).

As for what has already been done, I saw that and appreciate it, but one thing completely puzzled me: What is the XT Europe forum good for? It has no post in two years and the same goes with its FantaCalcio subforum (that one new thread would be much better off in the Serie A forum where at least it wouldn't be hidden in a locked chest behind a closed door that you can only find if you wear a magical item while casting a spell...

So those two definitely need to go to archive.

If you'd like input on other forums I could go and have a look like I've done in the past.

Dirk Nowitzki Basketball God
post #250 of 429 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2017, 15:19
R0naldo
Xtratime Legend

I dong think that closing Forums would change anything
Recruiting people to be more active would
post #251 of 429 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2017, 15:59
Xtratime Elite

maybe all has been said and there is nomore to add.
we know each others by heart.
love passion last 3 years. maybe the passion for a forum has also an end.

I strictly have nothing to say but I want that comes out.
post #252 of 429 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2017, 16:21
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Juve/ITALIA
Then what have you been doing here for 14 years?
ToniSamp likes this.
post #253 of 429 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2017, 16:56
Xtratime Elite

friendship with some.

I strictly have nothing to say but I want that comes out.
post #254 of 429 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2017, 17:00
R0naldo
Xtratime Legend

Most of the people left cis of the password fiasco
post #255 of 429 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2017, 18:09
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Bayern München
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karim Benzema View Post
Most of the people left cis of the password fiasco
I know this is the most often used reason, but it is definitely not true.

Even before the password issue most people had already left, so even if the majority of the ones left at that time left due to that problem they are still not the big chunk of people.

And I am not talking about people coming and going which is normal over time. All the few forums I visit had significantly reduced activity from way before the passwords got deleted. Of course since then it is even less.

Dirk Nowitzki Basketball God
post #256 of 429 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2017, 18:11
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Inter, Memphis Tigers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zico 10 View Post
Who is to say community involvement is this particular thread, or indeed public at all?

I would start with identifying key community members, people like Toni for example, and discussing matters with them over PM. Perhaps form a team to tackle the issue and create them a private forum to discuss on and ongoing basis.

yeni & JC - the Turkish forums as they currently are, were born out of a single "Turkish Leagues & Cups" forum. The activity spawned into one of the most active forum sections during it's peak period. We were active then because we knew activity would lead to the creation of subforums - Galatasaray got theirs on the back of some stellar form for their football side, so Fenerbahce got a forum because rival fans reacted almost in jealousy. So on and so forth.

A single forum is not necessarily the end but rather a potential new beginning. But if it doesn't reach the same heights, that's okay as well, because a single forum with a little activity is better than 7 forums with the same amount of activity.
^Agree with this guy.

Making moves without consulting posters who may be affected could have the effect of turning people away from the forums, which would be the exact opposite of the goal. In other words, an own goal.

Ftr, one alternative to shrinking down the site would be to have initiatives such as starting all club match threads in a common league forum. That would get more members in the same room. The knock-on effect is that there will be more arguments...which is a good thing now. Get people stuck in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob W The Bat View Post
These last years after the CL win I noticed when following the Inter online community that many fans have turned into cvcksuckers.
R.I.P: Tazzy, Flo.
post #257 of 429 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2017, 18:16
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zvezda, Feyenoord and Serbia!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero View Post
I said this a long time ago back when i was CM, the way to try to make this place active is to advertise on football sites.

You see many articles on goal.com and other sites and there are loads of people commenting on them, those people would probably love a place like XT but the problem is they have no idea it even exists. Most young people probably don't even know what a football forum is, and the ones who do can't even find us because if you google football forum XT doesn't even show up.

As for the update, i like it but i feel the main issue is the colour scheme. XT had a distinct blue and grey scheme, i feel like the default should've tried to keep that in tact as much as possible.

If VS really want to increase traffic here they need to put some money where their mouth is, and give us some ad dollars and ways to improve our standing in google search results.

Agree with Nero. Advertising on football sites and ad dollars are the way forward. Come on VS, get on it, you owe us one after the whole password debacle!
post #258 of 429 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2017, 18:54
Administrators
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firdaus View Post
^Agree with this guy.

Making moves without consulting posters who may be affected could have the effect of turning people away from the forums, which would be the exact opposite of the goal. In other words, an own goal.

Ftr, one alternative to shrinking down the site would be to have initiatives such as starting all club match threads in a common league forum. That would get more members in the same room. The knock-on effect is that there will be more arguments...which is a good thing now. Get people stuck in.
The method of consultation is the question, not doing it or not.

The common league forum sounds like a very good idea
post #259 of 429 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2017, 20:38
TTM
Legend

This is possibly the most depressing thread in all of XT history! Where are you! Let's be 'avin you! Come on! Here is a motivational video for you guys....

Ding ding ding da ding da ding ding ding
post #260 of 429 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2017, 00:38
Administrators
Xtratime Legend

Teams: SL Benfica
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeniceri View Post
I am sadden by all this talk about closing the Turkish section as I've been posting there for years. But that section is a damned eyesore for the website as it has zero activity. I think putting it to sleep might be the right move.

i came to this site because of the turks , there is no way we are shutting the section down
Karim Benzema likes this.

"there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in"

"rocks on my path? i keep them all , one day i'll build a castle"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in