0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 659 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2007, 14:04
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabdob
What if one replied to an old PM? It happens all the time!
Surely the Milan community doesn't have such absent minded members.

Quote:
Can we atleast try it for the ticketing thing? One of the CMs could be in the group as an observer, and if he/she come to conclusion that is does contradict CT community's values, then we can stop it.
It doesn't quite work that way. We can't just turn it on for the Milan forum alone. It would be on for everyone.

Woke AF!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 659 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2007, 14:09 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: AC Milan, Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyo
Surely the Milan community doesn't have such absent minded members.
Han nothing to do with mental health But it happens all the time; not only at XT, but everywhere!

Quote:
It doesn't quite work that way. We can't just turn it on for the Milan forum alone. It would be on for everyone.
I don't see any harm if it is going to be on a trial basis. Let the community decide whether it wants some privacy or not. After 1 or 2 month trial, we can have a public poll; upon which, a decision to shut down or continue such groups will be taken.

My weekly rant!

27th May 1965: Over 16,000 days.

"For a moment there I returned to my youth, the early youth, when all nice illusions were gathered together. Then life came and, like a strong wind, blew them away, one by one. What we call happiness is sometimes the accordance between our life and circumstances, our biography and history, our personal aspirations and historical currents. If I look at things that way, I can say: I was born too early to be happy. But birth is one of the many things we do not get to choose. It is part of our destiny."
Alija Izetbegovic

"وما الحيله فقد اراد اعدائي ان يغطوا كل خدماتي بغطاء اسود وقد نجحوا في ذلك."

عبد الحميد الثاني
post #63 of 659 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2007, 14:51
Xtratime Legend

And the added value of that would be?

Woke AF!

post #64 of 659 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2007, 14:54
A10
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Never in B
the first step in Achieving Autonomy.......

oh wrong forum.
post #65 of 659 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2007, 14:55
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Liverpool
imagine if we had public groups when the XTLA were about :eekani:

Vicente05® will be back
Kroos05
® is the future

No Kroos no party baby!!!!!!!!!!

post #66 of 659 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2007, 15:07
Defunct
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Forza, Allez, Amunt
Quote:
I don't see any harm if it is going to be on a trial basis. Let the community decide whether it wants some privacy or not. After 1 or 2 month trial, we can have a public poll; upon which, a decision to shut down or continue such groups will be taken.
XT just isn't the place for privacy, dab

La Juve? Lasciamo perdere.
post #67 of 659 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2007, 15:55
Administrators
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Juve
No one ever used this silly function (its a yahoo kinda function anyway) here in XT. Maybe you guys need it for this(though there are many other ways you can contact eachother), but XT on a whole doesnt. Its a useless function.

I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. - Stephen Colbert

Until the Lion learns to speak, the tale of hunt will be told by the hunter

“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”-Genghis Khan
post #68 of 659 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2007, 19:28
BANNED!
Star Player

Teams: Fenerbahce
u could just make a subforum under milan and maybe make it password protected which is possible.
post #69 of 659 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2007, 20:55 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Is this like a Lenin version of the Internet?!! Let the community decide the value of such a feature. All I am asking for is a trial period upon which an informed decision would be taken.

If you fear that members will contribute more to the groups and post less in the public forums; then you have a valid point, but how can you make such a judgment? You can only do it, when you activate the feature and have some stat about average number of posts before and after activating the feature.

My weekly rant!

"For a moment there I returned to my youth, the early youth, when all nice illusions were gathered together. Then life came and, like a strong wind, blew them away, one by one. What we call happiness is sometimes the accordance between our life and circumstances, our biography and history, our personal aspirations and historical currents. If I look at things that way, I can say: I was born too early to be happy. But birth is one of the many things we do not get to choose. It is part of our destiny."
Alija Izetbegovic

عبد الحميد الثاني
post #70 of 659 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2007, 20:56 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by numerodix
XT just isn't the place for privacy, dab
Why then there is a PM service at XT? Shouldn't it be disabled too?

My weekly rant!

Alija Izetbegovic

عبد الحميد الثاني
post #71 of 659 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2007, 20:57 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osman
No one ever used this silly function (its a yahoo kinda function anyway) here in XT.
How would anyone at XT use it when it is disabled you moron

My weekly rant!

Alija Izetbegovic

عبد الحميد الثاني
post #72 of 659 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2007, 20:57 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by firsttouch
u could just make a subforum under milan and maybe make it password protected which is possible.
What's the difference between this and a public group?

My weekly rant!

Alija Izetbegovic

عبد الحميد الثاني
post #73 of 659 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2007, 21:23
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Is this like a Lenin version of the Internet?!! Let the community decide the value of such a feature. All I am asking for is a trial period upon which an informed decision would be taken.
There's no need for any such trial periods. I already know that it won't work. And don't pretend that you're doing this for the 'good of the community', as you only want it for the benefit for yourself and of a couple of other Milan fans.

Quote:
If you fear that members will contribute more to the groups and post less in the public forums; then you have a valid point, but how can you make such a judgment? You can only do it, when you activate the feature and have some stat about average number of posts before and after activating the feature.
I don't have to stick my hand in fire to know that it's hot. For the same reason, I don't have to enable the group function to know that it's a bad idea.

Woke AF!
post #74 of 659 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2007, 21:33 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
There's no need for any such trial periods. Ialready know that it won't work. And don't pretend that you're doing this for the 'good of the community', as you only want it for the benefit for yourself and of a couple of other Milan fans.
I applaud your authority and experience

And I am not doing it for the community, I am doing it for myself, as you said, but I was not the one who dragged the community into the discussion in the first place!

Quote:
I don't have to stick my hand in fire to know that it's hot. For the same reason, I don't have to enable the group function to know that it's a bad idea.

My weekly rant!

Alija Izetbegovic

عبد الحميد الثاني
post #75 of 659 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2007, 21:38
Administrators
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Juve
Quote:
How would anyone at XT use it when it is disabled you moron
Because I have been a member for 6 and half years and never saw anyone use it. It was diasbled due to that proberly.

No one in XT used it, hence a useless function. And taking it back wouldnt do anything, serve any purpose. Amusing you try to make it sound like you are doing this for the sake of XT (leninist remark, like the community is being oppressed by disabling a useless function), while its for your own only. Just say so instead of twisting your words for nothing.

I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. - Stephen Colbert

Until the Lion learns to speak, the tale of hunt will be told by the hunter

“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”-Genghis Khan
post #76 of 659 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2007, 21:43
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Estonia
i don't really know about this public groups and stuff but Boyo can you make a Milan forum without Inter fans and Osman

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? And….it’s the football, that’s the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
post #77 of 659 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2007, 21:43 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Because I have been a member for 6 and half years and never saw anyone use it. It was diasbled due to that proberly.
Wrong! Here is why. https://www.xtratime.org/forum/showpo...42&postcount=2

Quote:
No one in XT used it, hence a useless function. And taking it back wouldnt do anything, serve any purpose. Amusing you try to make it sound like you are doing this for the sake of XT, while its for your own only. Just say so instead of twisting your words for nothing.
I've been direct since the begining. Please go back, read, then think twice before writing idiotic posts :thmbdown:

My weekly rant!

Alija Izetbegovic

عبد الحميد الثاني
post #78 of 659 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2007, 21:46
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Christ
i don't really know about this public groups and stuff but Boyo can you make a Milan forum without Inter fans and Osman
I couldn't even make Xtratime be aligned in the center.

Woke AF!
post #79 of 659 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2007, 21:48
Legend

Teams: AC Milan, Italian NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Christ

Tu sei tutta la mia vita

Londra 22 Maggio 1963
Madrid 28 Maggio 1969
Barcellona 24 Maggio 1989
Vienna 23 Maggio 1990
Atene 18 Maggio 1994
Manchester 28 Maggio 2003
Atene 23 Maggio 2007

La storia si repete... ancora una volta...

7 volte CAMPIONI D'EUROPA
post #80 of 659 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2007, 21:50
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
I was not the one who dragged the community into the discussion in the first place!
Funny. I seem to recall you saying something about having the community decide such things. Must be my imagination.

Quote:
Good argument.

Woke AF!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in