Does anyone ever get that feeling... - Page 81 - Xtratime Community
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1601 of 1650 (permalink) Old November 6th, 2007, 14:55
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Ohhhh when I get that feelin'...

A VENCER DESDE 1893

Oh lampião, levaste 5 no Dragão, nunca te esquecerás desta grande humilhação!

16:01 kat
*little pillows wrestling is another thing Josh does, when he is drunk *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1602 of 1650 (permalink) Old November 6th, 2007, 14:55 Thread Starter
The Black Knight
Premier Player

Teams: Hull City, Lyon.
Sorry Drito buddy ain't gonna do that. p
post #1603 of 1650 (permalink) Old November 6th, 2007, 17:19
Second Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
Legend

Teams: Lazio
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeofthetiger
Come now lay off it a little... I don't know if this is in good humour or what but I'll state this - it does seem a little harsh.
I ain't blaming no one here but yeah lay off it a little... lol again no blaming here.
I'm just messing with ya, don't get upset. Just trying to encourage you to take things a bit less seriously.

So what's this odd stuff? You found love with a man?

"Annoy, tiny blonde one. Annoy like the wind!"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Logan Echolls (Veronica Mars)

"Keep your words sweet, you may have to eat them."

post #1604 of 1650 (permalink) Old November 6th, 2007, 19:08
BANNED!
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Tricolor Paulista
MarieL

your efforts have failed, leave the kid alone.
post #1605 of 1650 (permalink) Old November 12th, 2007, 20:26 Thread Starter
The Black Knight
Premier Player

A friend of mine taught me something very valuable about socializing - I used what he said today and it didn't half make a difference.
Mind I'm still tempted sometimes to do what I did before a lot of the time but I'm trying hard not to. This guy taught me something special. I'm so grateful.
post #1606 of 1650 (permalink) Old November 12th, 2007, 20:44
Premier Player

Quote:
A friend of mine taught me something very valuable about socializing - I used what he said today and it didn't half make a difference.
Mind I'm still tempted sometimes to do what I did before a lot of the time but I'm trying hard not to. This guy taught me something special. I'm so grateful.
Well what did he teach you?
post #1607 of 1650 (permalink) Old November 12th, 2007, 20:52
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

He won't tell, he never tells.
Jeffrey likes this.

A VENCER DESDE 1893

post #1608 of 1650 (permalink) Old November 12th, 2007, 20:52 Thread Starter
The Black Knight
Premier Player

Well y'all this is from a thread I typed out in a forum elsewhere so if it's worded oddly well - that's why lol. It's about what I typed down about what the guy told me: -

*About how I always seem to make conversations be about me all the time... and people can't keep track with a conversation with me because it's something that has nothing to do with them when I talk about stuff I'm doing and that...

This guy has known me for over a year and tells me every conversation I have with him has been mainly about me.
He says this is why I ain't getting girls and that, and why people in social interactions avoid me - he says he thinks I'm cool, and that I look cool, but what I say is not social etiquette.

And that it's all about common ground and nothing different - and if you don't have anything to say about the common ground then you don't need to say anything.

I've missed this for 18 years of my life.
If this doesn't make entire sense or is obvious or whatever then my apologies for that.

I obviously shouldn't be so proud and that... it's all caused by intimidation of others... a kind of defence thinking that if I don't act this way then they'll pick on me.
And that I shouldn't keep saying this and that about aspergers and saying how it's the thing that makes me do this and that... he says people like me because of me.

And that sometimes I've been kinda acting like a charity case... which is all because of this thing I've been so unaware of for so long...*

Yes I've been so unaware of one of the most fundamental social basics for so long. But the past well - it's not so useful. The future is what I live for man.
post #1609 of 1650 (permalink) Old November 12th, 2007, 20:57
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Holy cow... all that writing, stories, 18 years just to realize girls want you to listen to them instead of talk all the time? I learned that at a young age. Keep it sweet, simple, and humorous. Let them do the talking.

A VENCER DESDE 1893

post #1610 of 1650 (permalink) Old November 12th, 2007, 20:57
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: A.C. Milan
When it comes to conversations, just dont give girls the green light to yap on about themselves. Once some get going they just cannot stop...

Seriously, best way is to ask them about something and show genuine interest that you want to hear about it, then when they're done relate to a personal experience of yours and... hey presto. Keep it going back and forth.
post #1611 of 1650 (permalink) Old November 12th, 2007, 21:01 Thread Starter
The Black Knight
Premier Player

This is actually for the WHOLE social thing. I was doing the whole thing wrong this isn't just for girls.

Keep in mind my aspergers... this stuff isn't so natural for me and yes - it took an entire 18 years. :rollani:
post #1612 of 1650 (permalink) Old November 12th, 2007, 21:05
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: A.C. Milan
Quote:
This is actually for the WHOLE social thing. I was doing the whole thing wrong this isn't just for girls.

Keep in mind my aspergers... this stuff isn't so natural for me and yes - it took an entire 18 years. :rollani:
Yeah, it applies to the whole social thing.
post #1613 of 1650 (permalink) Old November 12th, 2007, 21:19
Second Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
Legend

Teams: Lazio
Quote:

Dude! :rollani: Did I not tell you you were being self-obsessed? I believe I did. People tend to dislike people who only talk about themselves. I know I do. Big time.

"Annoy, tiny blonde one. Annoy like the wind!"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Logan Echolls (Veronica Mars)

"Keep your words sweet, you may have to eat them."
post #1614 of 1650 (permalink) Old November 12th, 2007, 23:07 Thread Starter
The Black Knight
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieL
Dude! :rollani: Did I not tell you you were being self-obsessed? I believe I did. People tend to dislike people who only talk about themselves. I know I do. Big time.
Not my fault. p
Well ok to an extent it is... I was deluding myself being all proud and defensive to cover up for being in denial because something was clearly wrong... but I thought it was all just bad luck and nothing else... now I know I was just doing everything incorrectly and that means for general socializing as well... although I wasn't at all a disaster - people still like me. And I don't have a completely unsuccessful history with girls... it was just that something I needed to oil up. People still liked me due to me being a good person, but they still found me difficult because something wasn't naturally oiled up... and I finally realize what that something is.
post #1615 of 1650 (permalink) Old November 13th, 2007, 15:23
BANNED!
Xtratime Legend

have you dunked your goose on creek yet?

I think its about time and would definitely help you not to talk excessively.
post #1616 of 1650 (permalink) Old December 4th, 2007, 21:29 Thread Starter
The Black Knight
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Christ
some psychiatrists have suggested to their Asperger patients to get it on with prostitutes...seriously

just sayin'
Aspergers is very unfortunate when it comes to social stuff... you have a point from... the viewpoint of a professional?
Intriguing.

I'm sick of College... and all else that goes with it. I'm sick of society... I want to change it - there's been movements for different races of people, there's been movements for women, there's been movements for all sorts of cases.

I want to help spark off a movement for people with mental differences. We're abused and neglected, and we need to rise up. Seriously. I am serious here I want to be part of a movement or fight the media or something.
post #1617 of 1650 (permalink) Old December 4th, 2007, 22:07
BANNED!
Xtratime Legend

change society? shut the **** up, learn to laugh at your misfortunes. I did so much stupid shit this year, got burned by some many girls but it was all worth for the times it worked. So just learn to laugh at yourself.

eye can you afford a quick trip to Brasil next year? Seriously kid just come over and we will do the whole brothel scene, for U$250 you will be going out with girls you can´t imagine doing that for a living, since they look so good they could be making money on the telly.

Better yet come March, Iron Maden will play in Porto Alegre I´m going and it will be great. First we hit WE in São Paulo and then we travel south for honest girls.

If you have a friend to come with you I can make all the plans for you guys and we don´t even have to talk on the phone, all over pms. Maybe you should hook with Captain Totti you guys needs to lose it already.

I´m just tired of hearing so much shit and you doing nothing about it, **** its time you learned not to take life so seriously sometimes.
post #1618 of 1650 (permalink) Old December 4th, 2007, 22:20 Thread Starter
The Black Knight
Premier Player

I am interested in exploring places but the Iron Maiden thing I'd have to give a miss because I'd still be at College at that point... still need a passport too. :rollani:

It's not as if I want to be in this situation... I'll get back to you on that possibly.

Sorry can't give a better answer than that atm and it's a pretty irrelevant answer apart from stating how I won't be able to see Maiden play...
post #1619 of 1650 (permalink) Old December 4th, 2007, 22:34
BANNED!
Xtratime Legend

**** the society and you can´t 5 days off? p

ahhh kid, anyway do even better just go to Amstardam and pick em from the window. But do us all a favor and hurry up, even if you are scared just go through with it for god´s sake.

get a cheap ticket and go this weekend will you?
post #1620 of 1650 (permalink) Old December 4th, 2007, 22:41
Administrators
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Juve
Let him be Lit let the poor guy be p

I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. - Stephen Colbert

Until the Lion learns to speak, the tale of hunt will be told by the hunter

“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”-Genghis Khan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in