The Slovenian Soccer Thread - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 211 (permalink) Old July 1st, 2002, 16:16 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Star Player

Slovenian Footbal Thread!

This is the Slovenian Football Thread

All things related to Slovenian Football goes in here and maybe one day if enough interest is generated there can be a Slovenian Forum on Xtratime
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 211 (permalink) Old July 2nd, 2002, 08:53
Rookie

Hey, Slovenian fans, are you all sleeping or what?

Red Devil
post #3 of 211 (permalink) Old July 8th, 2002, 10:36
International

Teams: SLOVENIJA & Arsenal
Well here I am, Red Devil, you surely must be the one, from the other forum ? But certainly you have noticed that we are not many here. I come here from time to time and check things out, but since it's not happening much about us, I spend my time elsewhere! Me too would like to see our "independent" forum, but I guess that it is all related to the amount of posts and posters from Slovenija. If it will show prospect I'm sure administrators here will gladly open our very own forum, untill than it's like this.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!

post #4 of 211 (permalink) Old July 8th, 2002, 18:50
Rookie

Yeah, it is me. I guess there will be no forum for Slovenian fans here, though.
post #5 of 211 (permalink) Old July 9th, 2002, 01:26
Star Player

I support you in your fight to brake up from the EE forum
post #6 of 211 (permalink) Old July 9th, 2002, 07:02
Rookie

Thanx, but I guess it is not time yet for that.

Red Devil
post #7 of 211 (permalink) Old July 9th, 2002, 07:46
International

Now Red Devil, I wouldn't be so damn pesimistic about it, 'couse you never know who else might emigrate here!
By the way, did you hear that Bojan Prašnikar will take over the NT, it is official now, he is the new selector. But he will lead a double role, as far as I've heard he will also still coach Maribor untill mid season break, after that it's only Reprezentanca!
I just wish he will be able to restore peace and confidence in our lines, that's what we need mostly at the moment!
Oh and RD, are you going to Trst, to the friendly against Italy in mid august? We must make Trst ours again!

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #8 of 211 (permalink) Old July 9th, 2002, 09:05
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Walter BC
Now Red Devil, I wouldn't be so damn pesimistic about it, 'couse you never know who else might emigrate here!
By the way, did you hear that Bojan Prašnikar will take over the NT, it is official now, he is the new selector. But he will lead a double role, as far as I've heard he will also still coach Maribor untill mid season break, after that it's only Reprezentanca!
I just wish he will be able to restore peace and confidence in our lines, that's what we need mostly at the moment!
Oh and RD, are you going to Trst, to the friendly against Italy in mid august? We must make Trst ours again!
I knew that. Personally i do not think it is a good thing. Prasnikar should stay in Maribor. And if by any miracle Maribor will qualify for the CL again I think he would stay. I wish further success, too.

As far as Trst in concerned I thought that was a joke!? Matches are still going to be played in Ljubljana, right?

Red Devil
post #9 of 211 (permalink) Old July 9th, 2002, 11:12
International

You got it all wrong RD, I'm talking about the friendly we will play on 21.st of august against Italy in Trst, nothing else.
I wasn't talking about playing all our matches there, if that is what you meant? As much as I know the first game of the EC qualyfiers against Malta will be played in Ljubljana, but I know nothing about latter matches. I only hope that they will be held Za Bežigradom!

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #10 of 211 (permalink) Old July 31st, 2002, 04:32
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Teams: INTER & Tottenham Hotspur
Tuesday, July 30, 2002
Ousted Zahovic to play again for Slovenia squad

LJUBLJANA, July 30 (Reuters) - Benfica midfielder Zlatko Zahovic could play again for Slovenia despite his early departure during the World Cup over a dispute with then coach Srecko Katanec, Slovenia's football association (FA) said on Tuesday.
'Zahovic has not given up playing for the national squad and wishes to be a member in future,' Slovenia FA's president Rudi Zavrl said in a statement.

It added that Zavrl and newly appointed Slovenia coach Bojan Prasnika had met Zahovic at his request on Sunday to discuss the events that led to his expulsion from the squad after the first World Cup match against Spain.

The statement said it was now up to the coach to decide when and if Zlatko Zahovic would appear for Slovenia again.

Next week Prasnikar is expected to name the squad for the friendly against Italy on August 21, Slovenia's only warm-up before the 2004 European Championship qualifier against Malta, scheduled for September 7.

Slovenia's debut at the World Cup tournament ended after three defeats and with Katanec's resignation. The tiny Alpine state's squad is now preparing for its European Championship qualifying campaign in group one against France, Malta, Israel and Cyprus.

soccernet

My heart = INTER...No Matter Win or Lose...

Zanetti : I still remember my first day at Inter. I arrived with a plastic bag with my boots inside and I crossed the crowd of fans who were asking who I was. That's where it all started.....
post #11 of 211 (permalink) Old July 31st, 2002, 04:47
©
International

Something tells me it won't matter who the coach is, this situation will just keep repeating itself over and over. Every club coach he has played for has complained about him and his ego.

The things he said to Katanec during the WC says it all about what kind of person he is.
post #12 of 211 (permalink) Old July 31st, 2002, 13:51
International

I can agree with you 11, and enough has been said about that, but you see, it's very simple when you think it over and over again! The truth is that we need ZZ, and in that light we can certainly look forward to the future in a more relaxed way. But another question is will his temper hold, will he be able to bend to higher interests that are good results of the national team?
I sure hope he will!

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #13 of 211 (permalink) Old August 8th, 2002, 07:40
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Prosinecki To End His Career In Slovenia
Latest News | News Archive

NK Olimpija's new star (Allsport)
08/07/2002. Former Portsmouth playmaker Robert Prosinecki has opted to extend his playing career by signing a two-year contract with Slovenian side NK Olimpija.

The 33-year-old Croatian international, whose contract with Portsmouth ended in the summer, had been seriously considering hanging up his boots after barely getting a kick in for his national side during this summer's World Cup but the lure of a reported €400,000 per season contract at a club near

soccerage

Zanetti : I still remember my first day at Inter. I arrived with a plastic bag with my boots inside and I crossed the crowd of fans who were asking who I was. That's where it all started.....
post #14 of 211 (permalink) Old August 9th, 2002, 05:53
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Zahovic Back In Slovenia Frame
Latest News | News Archive

Back in the frame (Allsport)
08/08/2002. Flawed Slovenian genius Zlatko Zahovic has been granted a reprieve by new national team coach Bojan Prasnikar, who included the temperamental Benfica playmaker in his 21-man squad for a friendly against Italy on August 21.

Zahovic had been sent home from the World Cup in disgrace following a high-profile row with former coach Srecko Katanec and many had believed that to be the end of the ex-Valencia attacker's international career.

No word yet on whether Zahovic has accepted the invitation.

Slovenia squad

Dabanovic, Simeunovic, Bulajic, Cipot, Knavs, Sankovic, Vugdalic, Acimovic, Ceh, Filekovic, Gajser, Karic, Lunder, Pavlin, Radosavljevic, Sukalo, Zahovic, Zlogar, Cimirotic, Rakovic, Siljak.

soccerage

post #15 of 211 (permalink) Old August 9th, 2002, 07:25
Rookie

Yes, Prosinecki is a player of Olimpija. His wage depends on success of the team, though. I think that will be a big step forward since Rudonja also signed for Olimpija.

As far as Zahovic is concerned, we will see. It depends on the new coach, Prasnikar, who is currently coach of NK Maribor. If Slovenian national team will play like NK Maribor recently than we are in deep troubles in my opinion.

Red Devil
post #16 of 211 (permalink) Old August 9th, 2002, 11:33
International

Hey RD, did you see the list of players for Italy friendly. It stinks, big time! I mean what are players like Cipot, Filekovič and Žlogar doing in Reprezentanca. I'm very dissapointed in those decissions made by Prašnikar. But on the other hand, what can you expect from a coach that he is, than to fill the NT full of Maribor players.
And he is only yet concidering will he give Jagoda a chance, halooo!?
It's a good thing tough that he recalled Šiljak, we need a striker of his qualities. I'm also pleades that ZZ is back, despite all that he'd done lately, he still is our best, and we simply need him!
Still I have a feeling that dark clouds are gathering over our heads, I just hope I'm wrong!

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #17 of 211 (permalink) Old August 14th, 2002, 18:30
Rookie

I do not know what is the situation with Siljak? Is he in good shape? He used to be a good player but lately I do not know any thing about him.

I agree that the situation is not good in out national team. I was even reconsidering Verdenik as a couach of our team again.

Red Devil
post #18 of 211 (permalink) Old August 18th, 2002, 15:25
Star Player

Hi guys,

could you tell me who exactly is the new NT-coach for Slovenia? I also heard Nastja Ceh is called up for next wednsday's friendly against Italy. Do you think he will get a chance then, since troublemaker Zahovic seems to be returning?
post #19 of 211 (permalink) Old August 18th, 2002, 18:04
Rookie

Bojan Prasnikar is the most successful coach in Slovenia, as far as club football is concerned. He won several Slovenian championship titles with Olimpija and Maribor. He qualifyed for the Champions League with Maribor in 1999, when he defeated Dynamo Kijev in Kijev and played a draw with Bayer 04 in Leverkusen. He is currently the coach of Maribor.

I do not know a lot about Nastja Ceh. Perhaps Walter could help you here.

Red Devil
post #20 of 211 (permalink) Old August 19th, 2002, 07:31
International

Well Nastja defenetly is a good player, but with Zahovič being in the team he will hardly get a place in the team. Certainly not as a starter, he might get a chance latter in the game.
But since you are Belgian, you could tell me how is he doing there, as I know little about that. He isn't a regular at the team as far as I've heard!

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in