1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old July 23rd, 2010, 20:47 Thread Starter
Fen
Football student
Rising Star

Teams: Eurasian Eagle-owls
Slovenija Road to Euro 2012

After heartbreaking but still very good WC I think its time to move on to the Euro qualifying campaign. So Slovenias group is:

Italy
Serbia
Northern Ireland
Slovenia
Estonia
Faroe Islands

And the matches:

3 September Slovenia - Northern Ireland
7 September Serbia - Slovenia
8 October Slovenia - Faroe Islands
12 October Estonia - Slovenia
25 March Slovenia - Italy
29 March Northern Ireland - Slovenia
3 June Faroe Islands - Slovenia
2 September Slovenia - Estonia
6 September Italy - Slovenia
11 October Slovenia - Serbia

Qualifying campaign begins with two extremely important games. Good start would be very nice thing I wish Slovenia would get 4 points out of 6 from those two games. Then there is two must-win games against Faroe Isles and Estonia, and only six points of those games with as many as possible on scored goals is acceptable.

Tomorrow going to trying to write some more, no is time to watch Magnum 44

In march the two crucial games against Italy and Ulster. If Slovenia gets 4 points from these matches Im satisfied. Then Again two must win matches against Estonia and Faroes and campaign ends with very tough games against Italy and Serbia.

My point prediction:

Worse: 15
Realistic: 18-19
Best: 20-21

Last edited by Fen; July 25th, 2010 at 16:45.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old July 31st, 2010, 20:09
Legend

Teams: Slovenia, Brazil, Russia, Korea, Vasco da Gama
I guess that in the worst possible scenario, we can get a lot less than 15 points, I´d say 10.

Caipirinha: 6 €
Brazilian NT shirt: 70 €
Flight to Rio de Janeiro: 400 €
Seeing Italian NT kicked out of major tournament: PRICELESS

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
All NBA and NHL except Red Wings
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old July 31st, 2010, 21:11 Thread Starter
Fen
Football student
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by OAnimal View Post
I guess that in the worst possible scenario, we can get a lot less than 15 points, I´d say 10.
Yep, youre right, if Slovenia plays like in WC06 or Euro08 qualification, thats possible.

But Im a optimistic person, and I just cant see Slovenia playing like that after WC.

BTW, is there some internet stream, where I could watch Slovenia Euro qualification games?

post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old August 2nd, 2010, 09:45
Legend

You need to check www.myp2p.eu few minutes before the game for streams. Otherwise www.rtvslo.si shows them sometimes, but I am not sure if they allow it to the foreign IPs.

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old August 9th, 2010, 10:27 Thread Starter
Fen
Football student
Rising Star

Thanks!
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old August 9th, 2010, 15:35
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
from my experiences, atdhe.net is better than myp2p.

Only problem I guess is myp2p usually offers more than one stream for a match while atdhe rarely does unless its a big game
post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old August 13th, 2010, 10:50 Thread Starter
Fen
Football student
Rising Star

So how was the Australia game? Watched highlights, seems to me that Slovenia controlled game. Excellent header by Dedic in the first goal.
post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old August 24th, 2010, 18:05
Star Player

Teams: Norn Iron
Norn iron, Squad for 3/09/10

Goalkeepers:
Taylor (Birmingham),
Tuffey (Inverness Caledonian Thistle),
Blayney (Linfield),

Defenders:
J Evans (Man Utd),
Craigan (Motherwell),
Cathcart (Blackpool),
McAuley (Ipswich),
Hughes (Fulham),
Baird (Fulham),

Midfielders
McCann (Peterborough),
Brunt (West Brom),
Gorman (Wolves),
C Evans (Man Utd),
Davis (Rangers),
Clingan (Coventry)

Forwards:
Healy (Sunderland),
Feeney (Oldham),
Lafferty (Rangers),
Paterson (Burnley),
Patterson (Plymouth).

------------------------------------------------------------------

Some big ommisions in the squad due to injuries including Niall Mc Ginn and George Mac Cartney. Pat Mc Court who has started this season in great form surprising misses out. This is due to his "low work rate off the ball" according to nigel. Ivan Sproule and Capaldi miss out again leaving us with no out and out left back or pacey players.

Looks like we will set up for a 0-0 draw and will probally continue our winless streak which currently stands at 10.

I was optimistic about this campaign but after the lacklustre performance in montenegro and the team that Nige has selected i'm not very hopeful for this particular match.

Chris Brunt's form also puzzels me. He has been fantastic for west Brom for the last three years but for northern ireland, never seems to show up with the same skill that he does for west Brom. If he performs we have a chance.

end football Apartheid in Ireland!!
post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old September 7th, 2010, 20:12
Star Player

Teams: Norn Iron
Grudge match tonight?

end football Apartheid in Ireland!!
post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old September 8th, 2010, 03:36
Legend

the Slovenians were unlucky... deserved more than a draw against Serbia
post #11 of 41 (permalink) Old September 26th, 2010, 22:38
nkm
Premier Player

Hello, I'm Slovenian.

I still hope that we will qualify on euro, but if we won't it wouldn't be the end of the world since I believe we're now in the time when we have to slowly change the generations.

There are some really talented youngsters like Iličić (22, creative AM, Palermo player, scored against Inter and Juve this year), Krhin (20, MC loaned at Bologna from Inter, unfortunately injured all the time), Vučkić, (18, Newcastle, played against Chelsea a week ago in the cup, I hope he gets more playing time in the first team this year), Matav˛ (21, striker, Groningen) and Bačinović (20, DM, Palermo, had some solid performances this year).

The problem is that our coach Kek, who otherwise made a great job in the WC 2010 qualifications and I respect him, is hostile to changes. He plays the same system and uses pretty much the same players for 4 years now. This worked out in last qualifications, but I think there should be some changes in the team now. I would play Iličić in the first team instead of Kirm and Matav˛ or Ljubijankić instead of Novaković, who is in bad form form 2nd year now. I would also try to put Bačinović in first team from time to time, although Radosavljević is really solid player. Perhaps we could try to play both of them at the same time, change the system.

Next game is against Faroe Islands and I think this is very good chance to try some new things.
post #12 of 41 (permalink) Old September 27th, 2010, 12:19 Thread Starter
Fen
Football student
Rising Star

Agree with you nkm, but I still believe Kek can change the current lineup. Future sure seems sweet for Slovenian NT.

Xtratime is forever - in Old Trafford when ManU needs to score.
post #13 of 41 (permalink) Old September 27th, 2010, 14:35
nkm
Premier Player

He should change it or at least change the system from time to time (we could play 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1 etc). He's too predictable. This was the problem for example against the USA (world cup) or N. Ireland last month. Against USA he should have changed the system during half time and play more defensive and against Northern Ireland he was too late with substitutions. He basicaly never substitues before 70th minute and when he does, he changes one striker for another or one winger for another. Against Northern Ireland he put Iličić on the pitch waaaay too late (75th minute) and he substituted both strikers even though we needed to attack. He never substitues Koren (even though he was pretty bad against N. Ireland and Serbia) and hardly ever Novaković. Also he allowed Northern Ireland to force us their style of the game.

Anyway, we should be optimistic. Pečnik has recovered from his injury, so did Šuler. This time Kek will have no excuse not to give Iličić and Bačinović (who are in top form) more significant role in the team.

The good thing here is that the public is not too harsh and doesn't put too much pressure on the team. Kek has full support from the public (I support him too, I only think he needs to change few things).

Now we have 2 games on which we can get 6 points and be back in the game.

It should also be noted that teams from Scandinavia or British Isles always created problems for us and that N. Ireland will probably also surprise Italy or Serbia (or both), our rivals in the group. Traditionally we used to play good against Italy (we were the last team to win against them before they won WC in 2006, we beat them on 2002 friendly and referee stole victory from us in 1996 qualifications). I still believe that if we got Italy in our group instead of England on WC, we would go through to the next round.
post #14 of 41 (permalink) Old September 29th, 2010, 14:40
Legend

Welcome to the forum, nkm.
But I have to say that I don't agree with what you suggest.
Why changing a system which works? And our system worked very well so far. We were extremely unlucky not to get all 6 points in our first two qualifying matches, but I am sure we will make it up later. It's not over yet. Kirm has been pretty good in our last matches, I wouldn't substitute him. If anything, Ilicic could be brought in instead of Birsa (as he was if I am not mistaken). Novakovic is still our best forward, I believe he will score loads of goals in these qualifiers again.
But I agree to some point that Kek should test the alternatives just in case if some starter gets injured. Maybe he could do that against Faroe Islands in the second half, if for example we score 2 or 3 goals in the first. But generally, you have friendlies to test your back up options and that is where the likes of Ilicic, Krhin, Bacinovic, Matavz, etc. should start from 1st minute and show what they are made of (well, we know what they are made of, but they just need to prove first they can handle the pressure of playing in NT from 1st minute). And I have no doubt that many of these players will be starters in our next qualifiers, when (my guess) Kek (unfortunately, because I really like what he did with our NT) won't be a coach anymore. In current squad, I feel Koren is the weakest link, but do we have a decent substitute for him?

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
post #15 of 41 (permalink) Old October 4th, 2010, 13:44
nkm
Premier Player

Thanks for welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OAnimal View Post
Why changing a system which works? And our system worked very well so far.
Now it doesn't work anymore.

Quote:
We were extremely lucky to get 1 point in our first two qualifying matches,
Fixed.

Quote:
Kirm has been pretty good in our last matches, I wouldn't substitute him.
He's a substitute in Polish league. And we're supposed to be better team than Poland. He had 2 solid games, but having him in first 11 is still gambling.

Quote:
If anything, Ilicic could be brought in instead of Birsa (as he was if I am not mistaken).
Birsa is important player. I would play Birsa on the left and Iličić on the right.

Quote:
Novakovic is still our best forward, I believe he will score loads of goals in these qualifiers again.
Of course he won't. He doesn't even play for Köln anymore.

Quote:
In current squad, I feel Koren is the weakest link, but do we have a decent substitute for him?
Yes, that's the problem.

Anyway, everyone could now see the mistake that Kek made by not putting Iličić in the first team in last 3 games. Iličić scored 3 nice goals in 5 serie A games. Now he will surely start in first team. Is he any better now than 1 month ago? Of course not, but Kek obviously didn't recognize his talent. Just like he didn't recognize Bačinović. Rossi had to do that instead of him.

I also think Kronaveter deserves a call up because he atleast PLAYS in his club (unlike Dedić, who is a reserve, or Vršič and Komac who don't even have a club).

Btw, another possible great Slovenian talent is Lotrič from my club, Mura (we're becoming a feeder club).

Personaly I think Kek has to go after first major failure (not qualifying for Euro) and then we should try with a foreign coach. Or, a Slovenian one, but only if Edy Reja is interested.
post #16 of 41 (permalink) Old October 5th, 2010, 10:05
Rookie

Teams: NK Maribor
Quote:
Now it doesn't work anymore.
How can you say that system doesn`t work anymore..Just because we`ve lost against N.Ireland? I`d like to remind you that we played MUCH better against them than in last quali. We just didn`t score. it`s not the matter of system.

Quote:
Anyway, everyone could now see the mistake that Kek made by not putting Iličić in the first team in last 3 games. Iličić scored 3 nice goals in 5 serie A games. Now he will surely start in first team. Is he any better now than 1 month ago? Of course not, but Kek obviously didn't recognize his talent.
It`s not that Kek didn`t recognize Iličić`s talent. He just didn`t want to change the line-up, which worked so well and wanted to add new players slowly. it`s completely understandable that you don`t change the team in first important games after such succes . maybe he presumed that it could ruin the chemistry in this team. and he probably knows players better than you and me. it`s easy to replace players in computer games, but as coach you have to deal with real people.and i think Kek is doing just fine. and don`t worry, Iličič will have more than enough chances to prove his quality. i am sure he`ll be starter in next games.

i am sorry, but i am really sick and tired of that Kek bashing everywhere for no real reason

Welcome to forum, btw..
post #17 of 41 (permalink) Old October 5th, 2010, 14:17 Thread Starter
Fen
Football student
Rising Star

Nice to see good conversation in here

I would still like to see Slovenia trying something different, at least in away game vs Italy Kek could try 4-2-3-1.

Has Krhin played for Bologna, couldnt find information.

And is Kek really bashed in Slovenia?

Xtratime is forever - in Old Trafford when ManU needs to score.
post #18 of 41 (permalink) Old October 5th, 2010, 18:34
nkm
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by invisible View Post
How can you say that system doesn`t work anymore..Just because we`ve lost against N.Ireland? I`d like to remind you that we played MUCH better against them than in last quali. We just didn`t score. it`s not the matter of system.
Because we lost 2:0 lead against USA (Kek should have changed the system in the 2nd half), because we wouldn't score a goal even if we played 360 minutes against England, same thing with Northern Ireland.

Not scoring against N. Ireland has everything to do with our coach. Even he admitted it: "I have nothing to say against my guys". So basicaly he's admitting that he's guilty that N. Ireland defeated us. Nothing wrong with their win, they totally deserved it, hands down. I don't remember any real chance we had on that match, we were just attacking all the time.

Quote:
It`s not that Kek didn`t recognize Iličić`s talent. He just didn`t want to change the line-up, which worked so well and wanted to add new players slowly. it`s completely understandable that you don`t change the team in first important games after such succes .
Well I somewhat agree with not changing the team which plays good, but this works more for clubs. National teams play once a month or even less often. Last succes we had was months ago. Players' form changed since then.

He'll change the team now anyway, but perhaps too late. Anyway, let's hope for the best. It will be great to have Iličić in the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fen View Post
Has Krhin played for Bologna, couldnt find information.
Krhin injured again. Just after he recovered from previous injury. Personally, I think he's the big dissapointment... If I remember all the talk about his talent and how he 'plays' for Inter. Everytime the guy has an actual chance to play, he gets injured.

Iličić and Bačinović on the other hand play regurarly in Palermo. You've probably already seen goals Iličić scored in his new team?

Quote:
And is Kek really bashed in Slovenia?
I don't think so.
post #19 of 41 (permalink) Old October 6th, 2010, 07:37
Rookie

Teams: NK Maribor
Quote:
Not scoring against N. Ireland has everything to do with our coach. Even he admitted it: "I have nothing to say against my guys". So basicaly he's admitting that he's guilty that N. Ireland defeated us. Nothing wrong with their win, they totally deserved it, hands down. I don't remember any real chance we had on that match, we were just attacking all the time.
N. Ireland deserves credit for their fighting spirit, but no, i don`t think they deserved to win. it was pure luck for them, scoring from the only opportunity they had. slovenia was, especially in second half, far superior side. maybe we didn`t have so called 100% chances, but we have many promising situations. i remember birsa`s blocked shot in last moment, kirm and ljubijankic had some chances, even iličič could score once. at least we created something. we played good in the field , so you can`t blame coach. maybe he could only put iličič earlier in. i`m not saying that kek is flawless (btw, i agree with you that we should play differently against US on world cup in 2nd half), but he`s still the best coach we ever had IMHO. at least we never played such good, attacking football before.

and you said that Kek isn`t bashed here.. well, maybe he is not bashed by his peers and the media, but if you check any of our internet forums, there`s different story...
post #20 of 41 (permalink) Old October 7th, 2010, 21:02
nkm
Premier Player

Those weren't real chances. Of course there was some chance that Slovenia would actualy score (there always is a chance) but that would indeed be pure luck, because we weren't creating anything. We were out-played and out-coached. Kek should publicly perform harakiri after the match.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in