WC 2010 - Aftermath of the great success - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 194 (permalink) Old August 29th, 2008, 11:36 Thread Starter
International

Teams: SLOVENIJA & Arsenal
WC 2010 - Aftermath of the great success

OK it's time to get serious guys (whoever is here anyway:rollani. The real stuff is about to begin any time. That's why I've started a new thread for the upcoming qualifiers and I'll stick it, so that we'll use it for the entire period of qualifiers - just like we did for the last ones.

So here we go. Kek came up with his list of players for the first two games. You know that we play Poland away in Wroclaw on the 6th, and than on the 10th we host Slovakia in Maribor right?

Here are the players:

Keepers: Samir Handanovič (Udinese), Sašo Fornezzi (FC Magna)

Defenders: Boštjan Cesar (Marseille), Luka Elsner (Domžale), Branko Ilič (Betis), Bojan Jokič (Sochaux), Mitja Mörec (CSKA Sofija), Marko Šuler (Gent).

Midfielders: Valter Birsa (Sochaux), Mišo Brečko (Köln), Andrej Komac (Djurgardens), Robert Koren (WBA), Andraž Kirm (Domžale), Darjan Matič (Interblock), Mirnes Šišič (Olympiakos), Luka Žinko (Domžale), Anton Žlogar (Omonia).

Forwards: Miran Burgič (AIK), Zlatko Dedič (Frosinone), Zlatan Ljubijankič (Gent) Milivoje Novakovič (Köln).

It's the return of the primadona Koren again, plus Ljubijankič. All the rest are the same as in tha last few games.

Let this be it for now, I hope we'll talk more about it as the games come even closer.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 194 (permalink) Old August 29th, 2008, 15:37
Legend

Teams: Slovenia, Brazil, Russia, Korea, Vasco da Gama
Ideally, we would get 4 points from this two matches, but I fear we will get 1 or less. The first game is very important, if you do well then this gives you a boost for the rest of the qualifiers. If you don't do well in your first game, well, we saw that in our last qualifiers. So my guess is that these qualifiers will depend a lot on our first game against Poland. If this one goes well, we can do something (I don't necessarily mean actually to qualify, but at least to finish 3rd or 4th in a group).

Caipirinha: 6 €
Brazilian NT shirt: 70 €
Flight to Rio de Janeiro: 400 €
Seeing Italian NT kicked out of major tournament: PRICELESS

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
All NBA and NHL except Red Wings
post #3 of 194 (permalink) Old September 1st, 2008, 09:05 Thread Starter
International

I agree with you. A lot depends on the start. That's why I really hope we can pull off a good game in Poland. Especially now as they seem to have some problems within the team. That's no guarantee tough and they could use it as a wake up call. Still though - and I don't know why - I'm feeling very optimistic before those two games.

Also like you said, we can't reallisticaly expect from our team to actually qualify to the WC. I do however demand full commitment from everyone involved from the first minute of the first met togather! We don't have extra class players, extra quality, that's why the attitude must always be spot on. Without that we have no chance!

P.S.
OAnimal how about the Slovakia game next wednesday? Are we going? We were talking a bit about it with Kulerč and we're thinking of going. So please let me know so that we can organise.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!

post #4 of 194 (permalink) Old September 3rd, 2008, 12:13
Premier Player

1:1 is my prediction...Koren to Nova and goaaaal
post #5 of 194 (permalink) Old September 3rd, 2008, 14:24
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter BC View Post
P.S.
OAnimal how about the Slovakia game next wednesday? Are we going? We were talking a bit about it with Kulerč and we're thinking of going. So please let me know so that we can organise.
Unfortunately, I won't be able to go.

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
post #6 of 194 (permalink) Old September 4th, 2008, 06:49 Thread Starter
International

That's too bad! I guess we'll have to go on our own than. Oh well, next time than?!

So the preparations are now well and truly on the way. The team in practicing well, with very little problems. Only Šuler, Brečko and Koren had some minor worries but everything sorted out allready. There's a lot of optimism in the team so let's hope for a flying start to our qualifiers!

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #7 of 194 (permalink) Old September 4th, 2008, 12:43 Thread Starter
International

Man, I really do wonder what team will Kek send out this time.

Here is my suggestion:

-------------------Handanovič---------------------

-----Brečko-----Morec-----Šuler------Jokič---------

Koren----------Žlogar------------Šišič----------Kirm

---------------Dedič--------Novakovič--------------

or maybe:

Komac------------Koren----------Žlogar----------Kirm

-----------------------Šišič--------------------------

-----------------------Novakovič-------------------

There really is no doubt about the keeper, Sarma is the man!

Central defence with Morec and lately Šuler showed that it has a lot of potential, especialy Šuler pleasently surprised me. Left back can only be Jokič even if he's not that convincing, whille right back should be Brečko, I really can't stand even thinking of Ilič being there.

Midfield is where our main problems lie. OK on the left wing I belive Kirm is cemented there, he's been our most consistent performer lately. Also Žlogar I think, who never fails to put in a fine effort. Maybe he's not the best passer of the ball and offensively his contribution is very limited, but his defensive capabilities are those that secure him the spot in the starting line up. Than there's a problem. Who to put on the right. Komac, Koren, maybe even Brečko? Where to put Šišič? Is he better just behind the lone striker or as a classical playmaker? I like the second idea better, as I don't see anyone else who'd have the same qualities he has. Technical knowledge, that positive arrogance and self confidence. He's my choice for our playmaker. Than you can put either Koren or Komac on the right wing.

Infront we really are strong. Atleast the names suggest that. The problem is that our midfeild fails to deliver the goods for our strikers. I don't think anyone will dispute that Novakovič is our first choice, he's been on fire for quite some time now, and we just must use him. To partner him I'd give Dedič a chance. We could really use his enthusiasm and athleticism, plus he really can score a goal too.

I think Kek will do this though:

-----Ilič-----Morec-----Šuler------Jokič---------

Brečko------------Koren----------Žlogar----------Kirm

-----------------------Šišič--------------------------

-----------------------Novakovič-------------------

Which doesn't look that bad either. Except like I said before, Ilič is a waste of space. Also I don't think Šišič comes much to expression that way.

Ah, we'll see ...

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #8 of 194 (permalink) Old September 7th, 2008, 09:10
Star Player

1-1 against Poland. Good result, guys.
post #9 of 194 (permalink) Old September 7th, 2008, 23:32
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by binswhacker View Post
1-1 against Poland. Good result, guys.
Well, I think the result is not all that good, considering that Poland was mature for a defeat, but we couldn't finish them off, too bad. Our game was good though, I don't remember a game where our offense would actually be the better part of the team and this happened against Poland. :eekani:
I think Kek did very good job to finally place the players to the right positions, Komac as defensive midfielder for example is spot on. He can't dribble, pass, etc., but he can very well break down opponent's attacks. Great game from our attacking duo, Dedic (Tok must be excited ) and Novakovic, Sisic and Kirm also did well. It's a solid start, but now we need to beat Slovakia on Wednesday, otherwise this result will be in vain. Anyway, thanks for congratulating us my friend, and congratulations to you too for good start into these qualifiers. Wouldn't it be great if both teams qualified and we would get to drink some beers together in South Africa?

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
post #10 of 194 (permalink) Old September 8th, 2008, 11:05 Thread Starter
International

This was a very good start to the qualifiers for us I belive. No use in thinking what could have been, the draw was a fair result. Especially concidering that most people wrotte this team off long before the first ball was even kicked. This was though, the bojs showed that they have enough knowledge and caracter. This was a good display. I don't remember the last time I saw our team being so comited on the pitch, and fight for one another! This is what I want to see game in game out. Than even if they do lose, you can hold nothing against them. This was the right attitude, the right approach! Just keep it on bojs!

Also Kek finally got it spot on. Like OAnimal said, puting the right players to the right positions is what we've been demanding for quite some time now. It's only a question of common sense. Now we have a good core of players who can carry on for the years to come. I just hope Kek will be faithfull to this "innovation" of his, and won't turn back to experimenting in the next games.

Now Slovakia awaits us on wednesday infront of hopefully sold out Ljudski vrt. This means we want more of what we saw on saturday, plus a little bit more if possible. I know the team is possible of even better performances.

I think the team should remain pretty much the same, my only change would be Brečko to te right back and Jokič to left back, which means Ilič out. Other than that, I belive the rest of the team looked very good.

Šišič------------Koren----------Komac----------Kirm

-------------Dedič------------Novakovič------------

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #11 of 194 (permalink) Old September 10th, 2008, 10:37 Thread Starter
International

OK than, today's the game. In an hour or so I'm off to Maribor with a couple of friends to see the game. I'm really excited, I can't remember the last time I was so nervous about a game. I'm really looking forward to it, especially becouse this will be my first time at Ljudski vrt, and I really am anxiously expecting to experience the atmosphere there.

As for the game itself - we just have to go for it. I belive we have the quality! I just want the bojs to fight like they did last saturday. To play an honest game, play with their hearts. I'm sure we can do it!

GREMO SLOVENIJA!

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #12 of 194 (permalink) Old September 10th, 2008, 22:21
Rising Star

Great game, Slovenija. After a long time, I could see us getting through the qualifiers, would be great to play in Johanesburg.
Novakovic and Handanovic are genuine stars, and I have to say Kek isn't that bad. Who knows maybe he can be the second Srecko. Also the games really should have been played in Maribor not in Celje not just know, but even before.
post #13 of 194 (permalink) Old September 10th, 2008, 22:27
International

Teams: Serbia, Bosnia, Red Star Belgrade, Arsenal
Well done guys, solid result.
post #14 of 194 (permalink) Old September 10th, 2008, 22:28
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by OAnimal View Post
Wouldn't it be great if both teams qualified and we would get to drink some beers together in South Africa?
Why wait until South-Africa if we can do that in Belgium or Slovenia as well? :smileani:
post #15 of 194 (permalink) Old September 10th, 2008, 22:34
Forum Manager
International

Teams: Real Madrid
Šiširrincha except for that one howler on the edge of the box... but other then that, its nice to have a winger who has some trickery in his boots, and its not just kick'n'run... also Novaković es dios

Random fact about Jose Mourinho #371:

In 1989, he married Matilde, whom he had known since childhood. They have two children: Matilde and José Jr.

post #16 of 194 (permalink) Old September 10th, 2008, 23:27
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DedinjeDisciple View Post
Well done guys, solid result.
Thanks. We played very well, but are still too shaky in defense. But the offense is really doing great, I think this offense we have now is the best we ever had, by quite significant margin. Novakovic, Dedic, Sisic and Kirm, add to this a super motivated Koren and Komac... I can hardly wait our next matches.

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
post #17 of 194 (permalink) Old September 10th, 2008, 23:37
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by binswhacker View Post
Why wait until South-Africa if we can do that in Belgium or Slovenia as well? :smileani:
Good point. But on the other hand, we don't play in the same group...

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
post #18 of 194 (permalink) Old September 11th, 2008, 11:21
Premier Player

Teams: Barcelona, Olimpija
Great game and great win. Novakovič is one of the hottest strikers in Europe at the moment. Can't wait for our next games.
post #19 of 194 (permalink) Old September 11th, 2008, 11:24 Thread Starter
International

Now this is it! This was a very good performance by the bojs! That's the way you do it!

I can't remember the last time our team put up shuch a dominating performance. We were the better team throughout the 90 minutes. Yes there were quite a few blunders still, especially in defence, but overall puicture was just really good. Maybe we were also a bit favoured by the ref this time, atleast from the stands I got this feeling. Nothing major, but still calls that usualy go against us.

I belive almost all our players deserve a good mark for yesterdays performance, with again the exception of Ilič who was agin a bit lost on the right back side.

Sarma - well he was his usual calm self and did what he had to do. A damn fine keeper indeed!

Brečko - much improved from last saturday, good on the ball, strong in duels, still though he'd be much better on the right side

Ilič - too insecure, makes a good tackle but than soon afterwards he leaves a freeway towards his goal, too many mistakes

Šuler - tends to make a mistake, but overall he's evry solid

Cesar - a fighter, leads the defence well, but like Šuler can make a capital mistake now and than

Šišič - fantastic technique, a fine player with that positive arrogance, and self confidence. Made some lovely dribbles and left their left back clueless on a number of occasions. In a short time he became an integral part of this team.

Koren - this is the kind of Keren I've wanted to see all the time. Commited, lots of running, good passing, responsible, tackling. Not the fuking primadona of the past. Looks like the captaincy made him a different player. I want to see more of the same in the future!

Komac - a perfect man for the new job. A marathon runner, a player that never gives up, an annoying player for the opponents. Never too good on the ball, but like OAnimal said in one of his past posts a great destructor of opponents play.

Kirm - one of the most consistent performers, fast and hard working. Very reliable and usefull player.

Dedič - shuch an enthusiastic player, great power, runs a lot, helps out all over the pitch and works great with Nova.

Novakovič - the player of the moment, our key man! Probably our best forward ever. For shuch a tall man he's got a great techique, fine work ethics, combines well with his strike partner Dedič. This is what he needed - partner infront to help him out, to releave him of some of the burden he carried on his own in the past.

Kek - finaly he put a team togather that functions, he put the right players to the right positions and it payed off! I didn't like his appointment but slowly he convinced me that he knows what he's doing. Not only with this latest two successfull games. He's calm and has a plan. I don't mean he's now the new "big daddy" the "new Katanec" or anything. But he has his own methods and slowly things are getting better and better!

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #20 of 194 (permalink) Old September 11th, 2008, 13:40
Legend

Great post Walter, I hope you enjoyed the game. Too bad I wasn't able to go.

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in