Euro 2008 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old June 19th, 2008, 12:00 Thread Starter
Nun c'č Problema!
Star Player

Teams: Team without Totti
Euro 2008

Enjoying the Euro08 till know??

The quarter-finals will be close as it gets.

Here are my wishes who I want to get through: Germany,Croatia,Russia,Italy
Let the drama begin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old June 20th, 2008, 03:23
Star Player

I hope Croatia or Russia win it, I want Italy out
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old June 20th, 2008, 07:50 Thread Starter
Nun c'č Problema!
Star Player

Euro 2008

If those teams go through, then I don't care who takes it...
I would only cross off Germany as they did their part by kicking Portugal out

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old June 20th, 2008, 09:27
Premier Player

Germany is already true.
No, i wish, that Turkey, Spain and Russia goes true.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old June 20th, 2008, 09:52
Legend

Teams: Slovenia, Brazil, Russia, Korea, Vasco da Gama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funlovin View Post
Enjoying the Euro08 till know??
No, until Italy goes out, I'll not enjoy the Euro... :nervous:

My first wish, Portugal was not granted yesterday. From other 3 matches, I want Croatia, Russia and Spain to go the semis and any of these three taking the title would be fine with me.

Caipirinha: 6 €
Brazilian NT shirt: 70 €
Flight to Rio de Janeiro: 400 €
Seeing Italian NT kicked out of major tournament: PRICELESS

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
All NBA and NHL except Red Wings
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old June 20th, 2008, 12:44
International

Teams: SLOVENIJA & Arsenal
OK, wrong thread but anyway ...

I loved Germanys win yesterday over those overrated, overhyped Portugal. Classic! I'm not a Germany fan, never was, but I love Jens and they really do things a lot differenty lately than what you'd normaly expect from them. There's still the iron discipline, power, stamina, but there's also a lot of good football. Good stuff form ze Germans!

From the remaining three pairs:

I really don't care who wins today, although it'll be the Croats. They have a great team and in my eyes can go all the way. I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest.

I want Holland to win on saturday. I love the way they play. Plus behind England, they are my second favourite team. Of course I don't count my homeland here. But I also like Russia a lot, so I'll be pretty neutral for this one.

I think I don't even have to say who I want to win on sunday, but I have a feeling it'll be those greasy spaghetis again. For all their nice football I don't think Spain will get past the Italians.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old June 23rd, 2008, 16:20
Legend

So, I feel very calm today, since the pizzamakers are already on the Alitalia flight, number 7436, destination Rome.

It has been a great tournament so far, one of the best I can remember. Too bad Portugal and Croatia didn't make it, they were the teams that tried to play some football in their respective qf matches, but Germany took advantage of Portuguese poor defending at set pieces and Turkey, well, I can't described it, to win the game after you were 1:0 down in 119th minute, I've never seen anything like it. I am glad that Russia made it to the semis, but I also feel sorry for Holland. Those two teams showed best football so far, and it's really a shame that one of them had to go home after the quarters. Should have been a final between the two. Lastly, I am glad that Spain finally beat Italy, who did nothing but defend and try some useless counters, like always.

Looking forward to the semis, specially Russia - Spain should be an exciting match.

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old June 24th, 2008, 06:32
Star Player

All agreed! Great tournament so far, Italy is out so whatever happens from here is fine with me! I would love to see Russia win it though, was very suprised to see them knock out Holland!
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old June 24th, 2008, 06:55
International

Yes, so happy to see the spaghetis out! I was sure tough, that Spain will faill once again, especially when it came to penalties. That's why I was so much more delighted in the end. Plus Cesc scored the last one to send them packing - that was the iceing on the cake.

Great stuff from Russia as well. Although I was cheering for Holland like always I had a bad feeling about it, and the Russians proved me right. They were just too good. From game to game they are better. Too bad the Dutch had to go out. We'd now dare to bet against the Russians? Afterall it seems like it's their year - Last year Eurpean basketball champions, this year ice hockey world champions, Zenit Uefa cup champions ... great results there.

About the Croatia - Turkey game. I think the Croats have noone else but themselves to blaim. Not only becouse they maneged to throw away the allready won game. I think the same thing that can carry them far and beat anybody in the world was the one that saw them lose this game. They were just over confident, arrogant even maybe. They were so certain they will beat Turkey that they didn't think it's even slightly possible they could lose. Plus, they showed nothing special in this game. Yes in my eyes they still are the better side and in normal circumstances they'd win, but in a competition like this there's no place for underastimating your opponents. Noone. Especially not Turkey who are also one of those teams that on their day can beat everybody. Too bad, this was a great oportunity for them to make history.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old June 24th, 2008, 18:24 Thread Starter
Nun c'č Problema!
Star Player

Walter I won't comment Italy, they deserved to go out and even more because of the poor coaching from Donadoni.But I'll let everything else alone

But I have to disagree about Croatia. Ok they are over confident and arrogant by nature, but you have to say that changed when Bilic took over. He implemented strict professionalism and took away everything else. Which by the way is caused from stupid journalism... The players them self are professionals (the majority).
So I really doubt they played the game against Turkey with that approach you mentioned. They scored in the 119min!, and were 1min before reaching the semi-finals. One hopeless long ball from Rustu, that bounced of from a croatian defender, into the path of Semih, plus one in a million class shot into the corner of the net, destroyed them.
End yes they didn't show nothing special, but they still played tactical collective football , for which you need technical skill and discipline. Germany anyone?

It just wasn't meant to be, this time... I've seen this many times before (just out of my mind, Bayern-Man Utd. CL final)
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old June 26th, 2008, 06:23
International

Well I agree that Bilič sortet things out for Croatia and they really are a lot more professional in their approach than before but there blood is not water and you can't escape from what you are. In the group stage they were perfect, but for the Turkey game I still belive they went into it a bit to confident and sure about themselves. Yes I agree, it was pure luck that kept Turkey alive. Maybe it was too much pressure for the young side. Still though I belive if they would play that game like the one against Germany it would be a different story. It was a combination of many things that lost them the game, but still it was them who blew it. Bad luck indeed.

Meanwhille we've got the first finalist - Germany. They were really poor yesterday but still - typicaly - managed to get over Turkey. I think the Turks would deserve so much more from this game, they outplayed the Germans, were so much more comited, had some bad luck and it cost them badly.

The Germans play in a hot/cold system this tournament so for the final they should be hot again.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old June 26th, 2008, 08:05
Legend

I hope that either Spain or Russia kicks German ass in the finals, because in such an exciting tournament with so many great games like this one, it would really be a shame to see such boring team as Germany to win it.

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old June 26th, 2008, 13:45
International

Euro 2008

I think it's better if we continue this debate in a thread of its own.

I know it's late to open a new thread for this tournament but still.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!

Last edited by Walter BC; June 26th, 2008 at 13:51.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old June 27th, 2008, 10:40
International

So Spain ease through to the final. It was a great game from them, totaly dissarming the Russians. Maybe the pressure got the better of the young Russian team, the experiences defenetly worked against them. This was not the same Russia from the previous games.

A fully deserved win for Spain of course, orchestrated by the fabolous Fabregas! He ran the show again!:thmbup:

It's promissing to be a great final on sunday. I'll be cheering for Spain, although only just. I've got two of my favourite player playing for each team, but I want the team who play better football - Spain - to win. I have a feeling it'll be the Germans though.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old June 29th, 2008, 09:59
Premier Player

Quite a perfect EURO....shitaly & cryatia out :thmbup:

I was quite impressed, when Turkey overplayed Germany, cause they were playing with their 2nd squad...

As for today, huh...i would say Spain, but with this Germany you never know...

p.s. Terim & Hiddink -> huh, "kapo dol"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in