Futsal friendlies: Slovenia - Brazil - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old February 20th, 2008, 13:16 Thread Starter
Legend

Teams: Slovenia, Brazil, Russia, Korea, Vasco da Gama
Futsal friendlies: Slovenia - Brazil

Well, as you probably (don't) know, Slovenian futsal national team will play three friendly games against Brazil in these days. We all know what Brazil means in any kind of football, so these will without any doubt be extraordinary events. Brazil will only include players that play in Europe, so they might miss a few stars from their own championship, but still, the majority of their best players should play. It should be a great spectacle.

This is the schedule:
21.2. at 21h in Ljubljana: Slovenia - Brazil
23.2. at 19h in Maribor (dvorana Lukna): Slovenia - Brazil
25.2. at 19h in Koper: Slovenia (U21) - Brazil

The only thing that bothers me here, is that on 25.2. Slovenian U21 team will play against Brazil senior team, yes, you read it right, against Brazil senior team, not against Brazil U21 team.
It would be really interesting to know who came up with such a stupid idea. I mean, even when our senior NT plays Brazil, the best we can hope for is a couple of decent defeats, let alone U21...

Caipirinha: 6 €
Brazilian NT shirt: 70 €
Flight to Rio de Janeiro: 400 €
Seeing Italian NT kicked out of major tournament: PRICELESS

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
All NBA and NHL except Red Wings
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old February 21st, 2008, 10:19
International

Teams: SLOVENIJA & Arsenal
It might came as a bit of asurprise toyou, but yes, I did knowthat we were playing Basil there days. Though I didn't know there were three games to be played. Anyway, it should really be interesting. Brasil are Brasil. Although in mali nogomet they aren't that much feared as in football. Also our mali nogomet NT rates a lot higher than their football counterpart. So I belive it should be some nice games to see. Any chance our beloved TV bill broadcast any of there? Or atleast make a replay? Anything?

Also, will Tajčr play?

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old February 21st, 2008, 12:47 Thread Starter
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter BC
It might came as a bit of asurprise toyou, but yes, I did knowthat we were playing Basil there days. Though I didn't know there were three games to be played. Anyway, it should really be interesting. Brasil are Brasil. Although in mali nogomet they aren't that much feared as in football.
What are you talking about? They are several times futsal world champions and only the last two editions Spain got better than them, employing some perfect bunker tactics that suits Brazil least. But Spain apart, there's no better team than Brazil in the world, and in technical department, ball control, dribbling, they certainly live up to their reputation.

Quote:
Also our mali nogomet NT rates a lot higher than their football counterpart. So I belive it should be some nice games to see.
That's true.

Quote:
Any chance our beloved TV bill broadcast any of there? Or atleast make a replay? Anything?
Don't know, but I wouldn't expect too much from them.

Quote:
Also, will Tajčr play?
No, he quit the NT after failing to qualify for the Euro championship, basically because he didn't agree with some coach methods and where he made him play on the field. Pretty stupid decision if you ask me, but I am not him and he is old enough to know what he is doing...

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old February 22nd, 2008, 08:12
International

Teams: SLOVENIJA & Arsenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by OAnimal
What are you talking about? They are several times futsal world champions and only the last two editions Spain got better than them, employing some perfect bunker tactics that suits Brazil least. But Spain apart, there's no better team than Brazil in the world, and in technical department, ball control, dribbling, they certainly live up to their reputation.
I feel like a total idiot now. I was talking out of my ass, without really knowing too much about them. Later yesterday I learned what Brasil really are in mali nogomet and it's like you said - they are Brasil - that's the word I think describes them best.

Again, my bad!:embarass:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OAnimal
No, he quit the NT after failing to qualify for the Euro championship, basically because he didn't agree with some coach methods and where he made him play on the field. Pretty stupid decision if you ask me, but I am not him and he is old enough to know what he is doing...
That's really a poor decision. As a pro he should be able to take any method or playing position his NT selektor appoints him. Wether he agrees with everything is another question, but you are a professional, and this is the NT, the highest possible honour a sportsman can get. You can't play with that.

About yesterdays game, Brasil won 6:3 I think. I belive we are the first team in a long time who actually scored against them. Were you there?

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old February 22nd, 2008, 13:53 Thread Starter
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter BC
I feel like a total idiot now. I was talking out of my ass, without really knowing too much about them. Later yesterday I learned what Brasil really are in mali nogomet and it's like you said - they are Brasil - that's the word I think describes them best.

Again, my bad!:embarass:
No problem man, everyone makes mistakes.

Quote:
That's really a poor decision. As a pro he should be able to take any method or playing position his NT selektor appoints him. Wether he agrees with everything is another question, but you are a professional, and this is the NT, the highest possible honour a sportsman can get. You can't play with that.
That sounds reasonable of course, but we are not in his position and don't know all the things that happen. It is always easy to say from distance that NT is the highest possible honour and that everyone should play no matter what.

Quote:
About yesterdays game, Brasil won 6:3 I think. I belive we are the first team in a long time who actually scored against them. Were you there?
Yes, I was there and it was a great game. Brazil are truly amazing team, you can't believe the acceleration of their players if you don't see it, their ball control, power within their shots are also amazing and their passing is so accurate that in 90% of cases the player gets the ball exactly where he needs it, he doesn't get it 10cm too much to the left or to the right, but exactly where he should get it. But our team played great too, specially in the 2nd half. In the first half they respected the opponent too much, retrieted too much towards our own goal and they controlled the game without problems. But in the second half our team started more aggressive covering and they didn't find it so easy to score anymore. Although it must be said that even in the second half they created much more scoring opportunities than us, but our goalkeeper in the second half was great, he had some world class saves. And before, after the game and between the halves, the crowd was entertrained by five girls from some brazilian samba dancing group, I think it's not an exaggeration if I say that they stole the show from the players.
All in all it was a great night and a great game. Funlovin, since you're from Maribor, you should go and see the game in Lukna hall tomorrow, I am sure you won't regret it.

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old February 23rd, 2008, 13:48
Nun c'č Problema!
Star Player

Teams: Team without Totti
I would really loved too attend the game in Maribor, but the problem is I'm in Ljubljana as I have to study for my exams

Hope they give their best today, a draw would be great

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in