Friendlies in 2008 - 19.11 - Slovenija : Bosna - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 85 (permalink) Old January 24th, 2008, 13:49 Thread Starter
International

Teams: SLOVENIJA & Arsenal
Friendlies in 2008 - 19.11 - Slovenija : Bosna

In about two week time we'll play our first game of the new year, a friendly against Danemark in Nova Gorica. Kek came out with his list and here are the names that feature in it:

Keepers: Samir Handanovič (Udinese), Sašo Fornezzi (Austria Dunaj).

Defenders: Mišo Brečko (Hamburg), Boštjan Cesar (West Bromwich Albion), Branko Ilič (Betis), Aleš Kokot (Wehen), Matej Mavrič (Koblenz), Mitja Morec (Maccabi Herzliya).

Midfielders: Andraž Kirm (Domžale), Robert Koren (West Bromwich Albion), Darijan Matič (Interblock), Rene Mihelič (Maribor), Mirnes Šišič (Olympiakos), Goran Šukalo (Koblenz), Luka Žinko (Domžale), Anton Žlogar (Anorthosis Famagusta).

Forwards: Amer Jukan (Koper), Valter Birsa (Sochaux), Klemen Lavrič (Duisburg), Milivoje Novakovič (Koeln), Dejan Rusič (Politehnica Temišvar).

Nothing revolutionary,but there are some new names there, namely Šišič, the new Olympiacos boy, plus Koper's Jukan and Matič from Interblock. We'll see about the last two, but Šišič must be some quality player if he plays for the greek giants.

Not the easiest of games to kick off though, is it? We have bad memories of the Danes, plus we play in Nova Gorica which in a jinx by default. Oh well, lets wait and see.

Also other friendlies dates were introduced. Here are the games allready agreed:

26.3.2008 Hungary away (Zalaegerszeg)

23.5.2008 Croatia in Maribor :eekani: :eekani:

26.5.2008 Sweden away (Gotteborg)

The game against Hungary is a game with a team of about our rang, not a bad one I guess.

The other two are with the teams who'll be preparing for Euro 2008 and of course Croatia stands out. I wonder how they came to the idea of hosting them? Anyway it will most defenetly be very interesting. Croats are if fine form and I personaly tip them to go far in the Euro. But this will be a tigh game I suppose as they always are between us. Atleast we'll see what our boys can do when they are properly motivated.
Sweden will be yet another tough one, plus it's away so it'll be quite some test.

All in all some good friendlies coming up this year at last. I didn't find anywhere that well again be playing that meaningless Valle del Tejo tournament in Portugal and the one just as meaningless in Cypruss either. So hopefully they are off and that we are finally starting to take care of our friendly games like a proper team.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 85 (permalink) Old January 25th, 2008, 01:36
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
Bilic wanted mainly away matches for the Euro 2008, in fact the Holland game in a few weeks will be the only home match. There were talks about Hungary or Slovakia in May (I think these are still possible) and the explanation was these two teams are similar to Austria, maybe he thinks Slovenia is similar to Austria too
post #3 of 85 (permalink) Old January 25th, 2008, 13:26
Legend

Teams: Slovenia, Brazil, Russia, Korea, Vasco da Gama
Big :thmbup: this time for NZS, they got us the best friendlies ever, as far as I remember. Three extremely quality teams plus Hungary, who have beaten Italy in a friendly last year if I remember correctly.

It will be tough, but I think we will win all four.

Caipirinha: 6 €
Brazilian NT shirt: 70 €
Flight to Rio de Janeiro: 400 €
Seeing Italian NT kicked out of major tournament: PRICELESS

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
All NBA and NHL except Red Wings

post #4 of 85 (permalink) Old January 28th, 2008, 11:55 Thread Starter
International

Indeed, OAnimal, they are all good games coming up. It looksas though Zavrl & Co. are trying to go out with a bang.

Also the return of the NT to Maribor is somewhat surprising to me. Especially becouse the Fat One made it his personal mission never to let Maribor host another NT game under his reign.

What is it that lead to those major, but thankfully positive changes,I don't know. I am looking forward to those games though, that's for sure.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #5 of 85 (permalink) Old January 30th, 2008, 19:40
Nun c'č Problema!
Star Player

Teams: Team without Totti
I suppose that Kek pushed a little bit for a game to be played in Maribor.
And there's no easier way to fill a new stadium, like this (just play against Croatia in Mariborp )
post #6 of 85 (permalink) Old February 6th, 2008, 12:07 Thread Starter
International

So today is our first test of the new year. And it's as tough as it gets. We play an opponent against which we have played three times before and lost all,with an catastrophal goal difference of 0:9! It's a fact that Scandinavian teams are our nightmare, but whille we actually played decently against Norway and were very unlucky in some of the games against them, we were totalyoutplayed on all three occasions against the Danes.

Here are the past results:

Danska : Slovenija 3:0 (0:0)

Friendly (Schmeikel NT fairwell), 26. april 2001, Köbenhavn
Scorers: Gronkjear 61., Tomasson 70., Sand 82.

Slovenija: Simeunovič, Karič (od 65. S. Gajser), Bulajič, Galič (od 73. Vugdalič), Knavs, Novak, A. Čeh, Cimerotič (od 45. Osterc), Zahovič, Pavlin (od 45. Pavlovič), Rudonja.
Selektor: Katanec

Danska : Slovenija 4:0 (2:0)

WC 1998 qualifiers, 30. april 1997, Köbenhavn

Scorers: Nielsen 3., 55., Pedersen 28., B. Laudrup 50.;

Slovenija: Boškovič, Englaro, Križan, Milanič, Rudonja (od 46. Karič), Jermaniš, Novak, D. Gajser (od 60. Sešlar), A. Čeh, Gliha, Šiljak (od 81. Valentinčič).
Selektor: Verdenik.

Slovenija : Danska 0:2 (0:0)

WC 1998 qualifiers, 1. september 1996, Ljubljana

Scorers: Nielsen 79., Schjonberg 89.

Slovenija: Boškovič, Galič, Križan, Englaro, Binkovski, A. Čeh, Novak, Karič, Zahovič, Udovič (od 72. Kokol), Florjančič.

A misserable score a!

And looking at our latest form who can bet against something simmilar to happen again? I just hope our boys will atleast put up a decent fight!

Here's what the starting line up might be like:

-----------------Sarma-----------------

----Ilič-----Morec-----Cesar-----Brečko---

------------------Tonči---------------------

----Stevanovič---------------Kirm---------

----------------Jukan-----------------------

---------Novakovič------Lavrič-------------

I'm hoping for something like this though:

------------------Sarma--------------------

----Brečko---Morec----Cesar----Kokot------

Mihelič------Žlogar----Stevanovič-------Kirm

----------Novakovič-----Birsa---------------

or whatever

Here's hoping we don't end up being trashed!

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #7 of 85 (permalink) Old February 6th, 2008, 12:58
Premier Player

Why on the earth is this match in Nova Gorica?:rollani:
post #8 of 85 (permalink) Old February 6th, 2008, 13:42 Thread Starter
International

I was wondering that too. it's the most boring place to play football.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #9 of 85 (permalink) Old February 6th, 2008, 14:24
Rising Star

Excuse me for butting in slightly off-thread, but Handanovic - been watching him recently and he looks decent keeper. Do you agree?

Good luck against the Danes.
post #10 of 85 (permalink) Old February 6th, 2008, 15:56
Xtratime Elite

Teams: MTK
yeah good luck against the danes and see you soon in Zalaegerszeg (with hopefully not as much luck)
post #11 of 85 (permalink) Old February 7th, 2008, 10:33
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter BC
I was wondering that too. it's the most boring place to play football.
IMO this match shoud be in Murska Sobota..

Anyway, we had quite a decent 1st half, while the 2nd was quite crapy.
A fair result shoud be a draw, since we were better in the 1st galh, Denmark in the 2nd + the PK was only in the ref.head
post #12 of 85 (permalink) Old February 7th, 2008, 11:13 Thread Starter
International

The game should be anywhere but in Nova Gorica!

About the game. I though it was a decent game from us. Especially the first half was very promissing. Some nice play at last. In the second though an unbelivable drop. A drop in physical condition to a number of players which along with all the substitutes lead to a drop of play. I can't understand how can this be happening. These were supposed to be professional footballers, they train every day, they have nothing else to do and think about but football, plus they are paid for this. And yet some of them can barely last through one half. Unbelivable.

Like I said though, there was some progress in the game in comparison to some of our latest games. I'm especially very happy to see that we have finally found a player who has a good technique, runs a lot, has a good overview of the play and has the balls. That's Šišič. I know it's just one game, but in this game he impressed me very much and made me realise that with him on the side, we don't need our newest primadona Koren anymore.

My view of the players:

Sarma 8: Again very solid, could do nothing about the goals, but did made some nice interventions

Ilič 5: Game after game he plays worst. I'm always affraid when he gets the ball. His crazyruns forward and into the middle always end up with him losing the ball. He should be bencehd!

Brečko 7 A gutsy player, not without mistakes, but he'snot affraid to play and make the necessary dirty foulswhen needed. He should play on the left.

Cesar 6,5: A few nervy moments, but otherwisse a player you can always relly on, he digs deep and steps up. A good tackle on Bendtner, never a penalty!

Morec 6,5: Invisibly efficient although stillwith alot of room for improovment. I like him though, ashe is a player who uses his head.

Jukan 6,5: He did good,maybe just a bit too shy. He's got good technique,but to me seems too much like a futsal player. Not strong enough. I'd like to see more of him though.

Kirm 7: Like in all his previous games he is a player who never fails to impress.I like his work rate, he combines well, runs a lot. But eventually he dies off, that's his bigest mistake. He could work more on his crosses too. A goodplayer for our right wing though, infact the only one right now.

Žlogar 7,5: He was great yesterday. Lead by an example, like always. He's strong and composed, even his ballydelivery was very good yesterday.

Šišič 8: He was our man of the match for me. It was his first game but allready he was in the middle of everything. Like I said above he's got it all, a fine player indeed!

Birsa 5,5: It's a torture watching him and I almost feel sory for him. It's not that he doesn't try and want to do well, but it'sjust not happening for him.He runs a lot, but his touch is way off, his crosses are misserable, his shot on goal is poor. There should be no place for shuch a Birsa on the team.

Novakovič 6,5: Didn't doo all that much besides the goal, but he took that chance pretty well.And that's what he's supposedto do isn'the. We have a good finisher in him, we must now find him a partner.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #13 of 85 (permalink) Old February 7th, 2008, 15:00
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tok87
IMO this match shoud be in Murska Sobota..
Nova Gorica is always chosen for friendly matches in February, because of their mild climate compared to the rest of Slovenia. I understand that, but the game could still be played in Koper, it would be much better than Nova Gorica, which indeed is the worst place to play football (although Celje is not far behind to be honest :rollani: ).

Quote:
Anyway, we had quite a decent 1st half, while the 2nd was quite crapy.
That's what I was thinking too.

Quote:
A fair result shoud be a draw, since we were better in the 1st galh, Denmark in the 2nd + the PK was only in the ref.head
True again, Denmark were crap, but somehow they managed to win this one too.
I also agree with Walter's remarks. :thmbup:

@chocokirin: I'd say that Handanovic is more than just a decent keeper.

@szövkap: Be prepared, we won't have any mercy.

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
post #14 of 85 (permalink) Old February 8th, 2008, 01:13
Premier Player

Teams: AEK Athens, Montreal Impact, Greek NT, Canadian NT
Just a heads up about sisic but he has been fairly crap for OSFP so pardon me for being surprised that he actually had a good game for the NT.

AEKara OMADARA!
Sikose to gamimeno, den boro na perimeno!
post #15 of 85 (permalink) Old February 11th, 2008, 07:24 Thread Starter
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiannisAEK
Just a heads up about sisic but he has been fairly crap for OSFP so pardon me for being surprised that he actually had a good game for the NT.
Well I guess you know more than we do, being Greek and all, but all reports here say he's doing fine down there. He must be doing something right in order to climb so high from the Greek second division, and to earn himnself a mid season transfer to your countrys bigest club.:undecide:

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #16 of 85 (permalink) Old February 19th, 2008, 17:15
Nun c'č Problema!
Star Player

Teams: Team without Totti
Nevertheless, I wish him luck for todays game against Chelsea. Hope he gets his chance to experience CL football today:thmbup:
post #17 of 85 (permalink) Old February 20th, 2008, 10:22 Thread Starter
International

It looks like the friendly against Croatia will be canceled, becouse Bilič changed his mind and would much rather play a weaker oposition at home in that term. OK I understand that he'd like to play athome,but where the hell will he find an easier opponent? Seriously, I think this is not good, breaking down an allready done deal.:thmbdown:

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #18 of 85 (permalink) Old February 20th, 2008, 13:05
Legend

I think it's actually a good thing to cancel a friendly with Croatia. Not football wise of course, but trouble wise. Game with Croatia is never a friendly, and you have numerous idiots from both countries who will try to exploit the match for their own idiotic hooligan agenda.

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
post #19 of 85 (permalink) Old February 21st, 2008, 10:23 Thread Starter
International

You are right there of course, but I was really looking forward to this one. I was planning to go to Maribor. I guess we'll have to wait and see what comes of it, but I do belive the game will be canceled.

I actually think other issues could be behind the cancellation of this game. Things connecetd with what you were talking about. Hooligans. Croatia, as far as I know, were seriously warned becouse of their fans in the past becouse of their behaviour. Therefore they just afford themselves any incidents with Euro so close.

Too bad really.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #20 of 85 (permalink) Old March 7th, 2008, 00:38
Star Player

Geez I can hear the crickets its so quiet in here!

How is everyone?? Sorry I have been non existent, been really busy with work and to be honest haven’t really had the time to pop online, even know im doing so from the office So the next match is later on this month against Hungary, how are the players looking in the lead up to this one??

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in