WC 2010 South Africa - qualifiers

So, this is our group:
Czech Republic
Poland
Northern Ireland
Slovakia
Slovenia
San Marino

What to say? Not the toughest of the groups, but if we continue to play like we did in our last qualifiers, then there is no way we finish above the 5th place. Finishing in top 2 places looks as probable as me being called into our volleyball NT. Unless of course, we appoint a new coach, who can pull the rabbit out of the hat just like Katanec did in 1998-2002 era...

Caipirinha: 6 €
Brazilian NT shirt: 70 €
Flight to Rio de Janeiro: 400 €
Seeing Italian NT kicked out of major tournament: PRICELESS

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
All NBA and NHL except Red Wings
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old November 25th, 2007, 21:25
Premier Player

Teams: Arsenal, Barcelona, Borussia Dortmund, PL NT
Well at least many Slavic nations in one group :P
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old November 25th, 2007, 22:31
Star Player

Teams: Norn Iron
what is this slavic nation shit??

end football Apartheid in Ireland!!

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old November 26th, 2007, 08:22
International

Teams: SLOVENIJA & Arsenal
It's a tough group. Any group would be tough for us at this stage. We are in deep crap.

The way I see it,it should be a fight between the Czechs and Poland for the first place. Maybe if things go well for them Northen Ireland could mess up with the two. The rest are just not up for it. I think we can all asume to satrt off the campaing with six points in the bag, becouse honestly San Marino should be no contest for any of the teams. I just hope that we will have enough courrage and caracter to atleast lead an equal fight with the Irish and Slovaks for the best possible placing from third to fifth.

Being a Slavic group though it sure is an interesting thing.Meaning, we should start preparing for going to some of the away games. especially the Czech away game looks tempting for me. Oh the beer they have there ...

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old November 26th, 2007, 11:22
Nun c'č Problema!
Star Player

Teams: Team without Totti
Quote:
Being a Slavic group though it sure is an interesting thing.Meaning, we should start preparing for going to some of the away games. especially the Czech away game looks tempting for me. Oh the beer they have there ...
I remember their beer very well

About the group, it's a interesting one it could have gone worse and I think it's a good group to start over again from point zero. We all know that the 'Czech' are the best and most technical from this group. I've seen Poland,Slovakia,North.Ireland play sometimes, sure they are in a better shape then us right now but, still this is a group you have to bite for every inch:fero:

The question is just, will the guys gain the fighting spirit back?
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old November 26th, 2007, 13:56
International

No if noone will enforce it into them. Kek actually did better than I expected him to, but still he's not the best man for the job. I don't think it's the matter of football knowledge, it's a caracter thing, it's a matter of having the guts to play. He's to "soft" so to speak. We need a dictator like selektor, someone like Katanec, who will terorise our primabalerinas, and make them piss blood if neccessary.

Anyone seen yesterdays Športna scena? There was an interview with Srečko, man he made me laugh in the end. He's still the same old Srečko from the good old days. Oh, how I whish he'd come back!

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old November 26th, 2007, 18:45
Nun c'č Problema!
Star Player

Teams: Team without Totti
We need Dejan Zavec or someone to kick their asses, if they underpreform in training and on the pitch

By the way, will they play in Maribor or will they still play in boring Celje?
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old November 29th, 2007, 11:53
International

The rumours are getting stronger and stronger that we may very well go into the new qualifiers with a new selektor. The name of Srečko Katanec is being mentioned more and more.

Personaly I think it wont happen, but I sure as hell would love it to!

Also Funlovin, I agree with you, games must be moved to Maribor! Simple as that. It's like Udovičsaid in one of his interviews lately, playing football in Celje is like playing waterpollo in Jesenice - it just doesn't fit in. It has to be Maribor and than once Ljubljana gets the stadium (if ever :rollani: ) move it back there!

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old November 29th, 2007, 13:17 Thread Starter
Legend

Teams: Slovenia, Brazil, Russia, Korea, Vasco da Gama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter BC
The rumours are getting stronger and stronger that we may very well go into the new qualifiers with a new selektor. The name of Srečko Katanec is being mentioned more and more.

Personaly I think it wont happen, but I sure as hell would love it to!
I am against appointing Katanec, simply because people will get their hopes too high and then will be hugely disappointed when the story of Euro2000 and WC2002 won't repeat. With this generation I have no hope unfortunately. I also think Katanec is smart enough to know all this and he won't accept it. Specially if the rumour of being offered a job by Bulgaria is true, with a team like them, he could do wonders.

Quote:
Also Funlovin, I agree with you, games must be moved to Maribor! Simple as that. It's like Udovičsaid in one of his interviews lately, playing football in Celje is like playing waterpollo in Jesenice - it just doesn't fit in. It has to be Maribor and than once Ljubljana gets the stadium (if ever :rollani: ) move it back there!
I don't think the location is a problem. The problem is in people. One thing is that we are gloryhunters. If we had results like in Katanec era, you'd see Celje Arena packed as well and nobody would complain about it. The second problem is the fan groups. Where are they? Celje fan group is non-existant at football matches and from two largest groups in Slovenia (Green Dragons and Viole) there is obviously no interest in taking the lead role at cheering. GDs I understand in this case, because Celje is Stajerska, which is a hostile environment for them. But Viole? If I remember correctly, in the last NT matches in Ljubljana, they had so much problem with GDs leading the cheering, that the organizers had to arrange a special place in the stadium for them and their allies, so that they could cheer independently from GDs. So, they wanted to lead the cheering in Ljubljana, the home of their biggest rivals GDs, and now when the games are in Celje, which is much more friendly for them, they don't give a shit?

Caipirinha: 6 €
Brazilian NT shirt: 70 €
Flight to Rio de Janeiro: 400 €
Seeing Italian NT kicked out of major tournament: PRICELESS

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
All NBA and NHL except Red Wings
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old November 29th, 2007, 13:49
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by OAnimal
I am against appointing Katanec, simply because people will get their hopes too high and then will be hugely disappointed when the story of Euro2000 and WC2002 won't repeat. With this generation I have no hope unfortunately. I also think Katanec is smart enough to know all this and he won't accept it. Specially if the rumour of being offered a job by Bulgaria is true, with a team like them, he could do wonders.
When I said "Personaly I think it wont happen" I mean exactly what you said. You are spot on about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OAnimal
I don't think the location is a problem. The problem is in people. One thing is that we are gloryhunters. If we had results like in Katanec era, you'd see Celje Arena packed as well and nobody would complain about it. The second problem is the fan groups. Where are they? Celje fan group is non-existant at football matches and from two largest groups in Slovenia (Green Dragons and Viole) there is obviously no interest in taking the lead role at cheering. GDs I understand in this case, because Celje is Stajerska, which is a hostile environment for them. But Viole? If I remember correctly, in the last NT matches in Ljubljana, they had so much problem with GDs leading the cheering, that the organizers had to arrange a special place in the stadium for them and their allies, so that they could cheer independently from GDs. So, they wanted to lead the cheering in Ljubljana, the home of their biggest rivals GDs, and now when the games are in Celje, which is much more friendly for them, they don't give a shit?
Again you are right. Still though, Celje doesn't seem to be the place for it,it lacks certain chemistry. Sure it's the results that generate that kind of a bond between the team and fans, but still the current situation there is pathetic to say the least.

About the fan groups shuch as GD and Viole, well their attitude just goes on to prove what a bunch of self centred fukers they are. If none of them are in the centre of things, runing the show than for them it's not even worth showing up to the NT games. They have no interest, they are full of crap, all the rest are just excuses.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old November 30th, 2007, 21:51
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
if Slovenia took this sport seriously, they could easily finish 2nd in this group, but I can't see it with players playing in the English Championship, Norway (after watching their champions yesterday, it can't be any better than the HNL), Slovenia, Cyprus, random Austrian/Swiss clubs, what happened.

I haven't really followed Slovenia as closely as I did back in 2000-2004 but how are some of these youngsters like Mihelic, Birsa, Jokic, Balazic, Zajc, Pecnik coming along? I also notice the Slovenian youth teams aren't doing any better either
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old December 18th, 2007, 11:24
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by HajdukSplit
if Slovenia took this sport seriously, they could easily finish 2nd in this group, but I can't see it with players playing in the English Championship, Norway (after watching their champions yesterday, it can't be any better than the HNL), Slovenia, Cyprus, random Austrian/Swiss clubs, what happened.
Well we actually never had anything better to show for. Infact, I think we have never had players plaing for better clubs before - in general. The problem is elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HajdukSplit
I haven't really followed Slovenia as closely as I did back in 2000-2004 but how are some of these youngsters like Mihelic, Birsa, Jokic, Balazic, Zajc, Pecnik coming along? I also notice the Slovenian youth teams aren't doing any better either
They never live up to the expectations. I remember what hope we lied upon Semler and look where he's now. Our best youngsters are right up there with the best when they are still very young, but once the time comes to make that trasition to become "grown up" players they somehow get lost.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old January 17th, 2008, 07:45
International

Yesterday a schedule for the quelifires was agreed in Bratislava, here's what it looks like:

6. 9. 2008:
Poljska - Slovenija

10. 9. 2008:
Slovenija - Slovaška

11. 10. 2008:
Slovenija - Severna Irska

15. 10. 2008:
Češka - Slovenija

28. 3. 2009:
Slovenija - Češka

1. 4. 2009
Severna Irska - Slovenija

19. 8. 2009
Slovenija - San Marino

5. 9. 2009
Free

9. 9. 2009
Slovenija - Poljska

10. 10. 2009
Slovaška - Slovenija

14. 10. 2009
San Marino - Slovenija

We start off with a dificult game away at Poland, and than four days latter we host the Slovaks. We have a tough opening, facing all the higher seeded teams first.

This means nothing though, no matter what the scheddule is like, if your are good enough you'll do it, if not than you wont.

Still a long way to go yet. At this stage I don't know if this is a good or a bad thing?

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in