Friendly - Montenegro : Slovenija - 22 avgust - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old August 7th, 2007, 08:29 Thread Starter
International

Teams: SLOVENIJA & Arsenal
Friendly - Montenegro : Slovenija - 22 avgust

After a long time, well maybe not that long afterall - concidering our miserable results and preformances, our NT will be in action once again. This time it's a friendly with a "new" country Montenegro in Podgoricaon the 22nd of august.

Kek brought up a list of players yesterday,and there are two new faces on it. One is Saša Fornezzi, the Austria Wiena keeper, the second is Rene Mihelič, the Maribor midfielder. Also after some time there are Kokot, Lazič and Stevanovič in the list,but they are not new to the NT. He didn't call Cesar as won't play in the next qualifier due to cards and also there's no Koren becopuse of an injury. Also no Nastja, Kek didn't say why, and I hope it's becouse he just sucks rather than anything else. Mile is back though after his theatrics in the lastNT action.:undecide: We'll see ...

Anyway, on paper it's a fine selection, but I want to see them perform on the pitch for fuks sake!:frustrat: No doubt this will be a good indication if there's any progress in the players and the selektor himself. Črna gora will no doubt give us a good fight, so the better turn out for this game, or they better all fuk off!

Keepers: Samir Handanovič (Udinese), Sašo Fornezzi (Austria Dunaj).

defenders: Mišo Brečko (Hamburg), Fabijan Cipot (Luzern), Luka Elsner (Domžale), Branko Ilič (Real Betis), Bojan Jokič (Sochaux), Aleš Kokot (Wehen), Igor Lazič (Interblock), Mitja Mörec (Maccabi Herzliya).

Midfielders: Milenko Ačimovič (Austria Dunaj), Andrej Komac (Djurgardens), Rene Mihelič (Maribor), Dalibor Stevanovič (Real Sociedad), Goran Šukalo (TuS Koblenz), Dare Vršič (Politehnica Temišvar), Anton Žlogar (Anorthosis).

Forwards: Valter Birsa (Sochaux), Klemen Lavrič (Duisburg), Zlatan Ljubijankič (Domžale), Milivoje Novakovič (Köln).

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old August 7th, 2007, 09:35
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter BC
Anyway, on paper it's a fine selection, but I want to see them perform on the pitch for fuks sake!:frustrat: No doubt this will be a good indication if there's any progress in the players and the selektor himself. Črna gora will no doubt give us a good fight, so the better turn out for this game, or they better all fuk off!
Couldn't have said it better myself mate Looking forward to this one to see where the hell we are at . . . if anywhere
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old August 7th, 2007, 10:00
Nun c'č Problema!
Star Player

Teams: Team without Totti
Nah, the friendly match is to quick, the water will still be warm ,the sun will be strong , I excpect the team to make a qucik turn to Budva

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old August 7th, 2007, 10:45 Thread Starter
International

They can go there afterwars for all I care. Before the match though, they need to be run up the Šmarna gora a couple of times and made to sweat and work,those fuking primadonas! Somebody has to show them, what the hell doest it mean to wear an National Team shirt!:frustrat:

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old August 7th, 2007, 10:52
Star Player

What's Igor Lazic's position?
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old August 7th, 2007, 12:14 Thread Starter
International

Defender, I think he's a left back.:undecide:

We have a big problem in defence now, not only for this friendly, but for the qualifying matches ahead. The wholle defensive line is out due to cards. Cesar - our for three matches becouse of a red card. Ilič, Jokič and Mavrič will all miss our next game as well, becouse of cards. This means Kek willhave to assemble a wholle new defence. Never an easy taks, especially in the sort of mess our team is in.

I think the last four could very well be:

Brečko----Morec-----Cipot-----Kokot/Lazič

This goes for he qualifying game, not for the friendly.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old August 7th, 2007, 12:26
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
Rene Mihelic :thmbup:

He is a good young player, not sure how he is doing this season but last season he did well against Villarreal and in the league
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old August 7th, 2007, 22:32
Rookie

I'm glad to see Rene Mihelic has been called up. So far in 3 games this season he has 1 goal and 1 assist... he is also the captain for Maribor, so good for him.

I'm also happy that Dalibor Stevanovic has been given a chance. He hasn't really played a lot with Real Sociedad because he wasn't in the plans with the previous manager, and then he was injured for 6 months i think it was, but he wants to stay with the team and try to help them get back to the 1st division and hopefully Cris Coleman will give him some chances this season.
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old August 8th, 2007, 07:50
Star Player

Where is Sandi? . . .
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old August 8th, 2007, 07:52
Nun c'č Problema!
Star Player

Sandi who?
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old August 8th, 2007, 07:59
Star Player

Knavs :P
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old August 8th, 2007, 08:09
Nun c'č Problema!
Star Player

I totally forgot about him, didn't even made click in my head when I've read the name Sandi
Knavs, is warming the bench at his club for some time now(maybe not even on the bench anymore). Sadly he didn't come back good after that last injury, I think he's NT journey is over
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old August 8th, 2007, 08:15
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funlovin
I totally forgot about him, didn't even made click in my head when I've read the name Sandi
Knavs, is warming the bench at his club for some time now(maybe not even on the bench anymore). Sadly he didn't come back good after that last injury, I think he's NT journey is over
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old August 8th, 2007, 08:17 Thread Starter
International

I also think Sandi is done. Sadly really. He was my favourite NT player for quite some time. And just when you though, he could step up and go on to do even greater things, it all goes wrong for him. He was just appointed NT captain - nothing. I don't think that injury was that big of a problem though, he's used to those sorts of things. I just don't get it, why the hell he's still insisting in Salzburg when he's been treated like that - like a third class player, when he's top class. Money?

Sad story this, really.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old August 8th, 2007, 08:22
Star Player

He was my favourite for a long time since Zahovic left . . . also Cime was up there when he was performing just for the excitement factor . . . Knavs was a rock, the one we could always rely on when we had nothing I'm really sad to hear this
Attached Images

post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old August 8th, 2007, 10:24 Thread Starter
International

I agree with you, Sandi was a bright light, someone we couldalways relly upon. Like you said - The Rock.

Also I'll never forget his partnership with Žele Milinovič, togather they made one of the best pairs of central defenders on the NT level of their time. Oh well ...

Cime though, was a pure entertainer, a mascot even if you like. A top player on his day, a dribbler you won't find anywhere else. A legend for his statements and a fine man. Too bad he had thosedamn glassy legs or he'd enjoy a much bigger rolle in the NT.

We do however, even in these dark times, have a bright light again. In Sarma we have a top class keeper, and that for a very long time!

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old August 8th, 2007, 12:16
Legend

Teams: Slovenia, Brazil, Russia, Korea, Vasco da Gama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter BC
I also think Sandi is done. Sadly really. He was my favourite NT player for quite some time. And just when you though, he could step up and go on to do even greater things, it all goes wrong for him. He was just appointed NT captain - nothing. I don't think that injury was that big of a problem though, he's used to those sorts of things. I just don't get it, why the hell he's still insisting in Salzburg when he's been treated like that - like a third class player, when he's top class.
Maybe he is just not top class anymore...
Regarding the NT, I have a feeling that when the golden generation left, Knavs lost motivation after seeing with what kind of clowns (Matej Mavric, Oslaj, etc) he has to play in defense...

Caipirinha: 6 €
Brazilian NT shirt: 70 €
Flight to Rio de Janeiro: 400 €
Seeing Italian NT kicked out of major tournament: PRICELESS

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
All NBA and NHL except Red Wings
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old August 8th, 2007, 13:00 Thread Starter
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by OAnimal
Maybe he is just not top class anymore...
Maybe not, but a playe of his calibre can't lose his touch in shuch a chor time. Whatever is going on with him I still belive he's too good to be warming a bench, if that even, at Salzburg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OAnimal
Regarding the NT, I have a feeling that when the golden generation left, Knavs lost motivation after seeing with what kind of clowns (Matej Mavric, Oslaj, etc) he has to play in defense...
We can only be guessing this of course, but if you are right that's one big balck spot on his career. Playing for the NT,should be the greates honour for every sportsman, no matter in what condition, trouble and mess it may be.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old August 21st, 2007, 06:38 Thread Starter
International

So, the game is allready tomorrow our selektor though is facing more and more problems. After Mile ended his NT career, with all the players missing due to injuries and cards from the start, we'll now also be without Novakovič who is excuded as he has an important game for his club. Also Ljubijankič and Komac are out injured.

Kek called up Kirm from Domžale and Semler from Varteks to fill the gap.

Right now I have no idea as to who might start the game, but we really don't have much optiions do we.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old August 22nd, 2007, 08:47 Thread Starter
International

The game is on today than. Wow, what huge interest is there amongst ou.:rollani:

Oh well ...

Lavrič was named as our new captain, a bit to my surprise, but I'll take that. He's one of the very few that deserves the praise for his performances in our recent games. He always gives his all. Good luck than Klemen, and hopefully you'll be a better captain than some before you.

So who will play than? I have no idea, but let me just take a wild guess as to what could our starting line up be:

------------------Handanovič---------------------

---------Ilič---Morec-----Cipot------Jokič---------

Brečko----------Šukalo------Stevanovič------Vršič

-------------------Birsa-----Lavrič----------------

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????'

I think there's no doubt in the keeper, sarma is our best man at the moment.

In defence I think Kek willstart with both Ilič and Jokič, despite both of the being unable to play against Luxembourg, but he just has no other choice to start with. He'll change latter on. The central pair should be Morec-Cipot which shouldn't change in the next qualifier either.

Midfield is brand new also. Kek might start with Brečko on the righ, even though he's a a defender but he played there before, the other option could be Birsa, but he doesn't function well there. As the defensive midfielder it's either Šukalo or Žlogar, I think though that he'll go for Šuki. As a playmaker there's really only one choice tome and thats Stevanovič, I think allis set now for him to show what he's made off. The oher possibility is Vršič, but he'll be used on the left.

In attack Lavrič is no doubt the first choice and Birsa will play alongside him, I don't think Semler and Kirm are here to start.

So there you have it.:undecide: What will it really be, I guess we'lljust have to wait and see.

Good luck to our team though - whoever might play!

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in