The wind of change in the NZS? - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old September 12th, 2006, 11:37 Thread Starter
International

Teams: SLOVENIJA & Arsenal
The wind of change in the NZS?

As you probably allready know last friday, there was a meeting of our footballing opposition held in Maribor. Leading people from many municipial footballing associations shuch as Maribor, Ljubljana, Murska Sobota ... and some of the players from our golden genetarion -Zahovič, Pavlin, Rudonja met in order to disscuss the following steps in their aim to take over the charge of NZS. Also in the next days, the oppositions main candidate for the new NZS president Ivan Simič and the present president Rudi Zavrl met, it's said that Simič proposed him to step down an leave with some dignity. If not than an special meeting of the NZS will be held in which a vote will decide on the Zavrl's future and thus the future of the wholle NZS as we all know now. Zavrl allready turned down the proposal to step down. According to some news the opposition has a win/win situation. If Zavrs would step down it's clear what would follow. If not than they hold more than enough votes to overthrone the current leadership and win on ellections.

Now I'm really looking forward to see what will come of this. I clearly want to see some changes. I want to see Zavrl go, I want Oblak to go and others that don't do ther work well at the NZS as well. But surely there are people there that do what they do well, no need to change that. Whoever will take over must do it with some taste for what's right and not just for the sake of changing things becouse "they were now run by our enemies, now it's our turn". We certainly don't want to see this sad story repeating some time in the future again. We all want our football to return to where it once was, to have a bright future with a leadership who will only work for the good of it.

It'salso rumoured that in case the opposition does win this their main candidate forthe new selektor would be Darko Milanilč a former long serving NT captain, who was always a very positive person.

Lets wait an see what happens in the days and weeks ahead.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old September 12th, 2006, 14:46
Legend

Teams: Slovenia, Brazil, Russia, Korea, Vasco da Gama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter BC
It'salso rumoured that in case the opposition does win this their main candidate forthe new selektor would be Darko Milanilč a former long serving NT captain, who was always a very positive person. Lets wait an see what happens in the days and weeks ahead.
Normally, I would be against Milanic, because he proved to be an average coach. I mean, he did jackshit with Primorje (who are now flying with Prale Srale, go figure :rollani: ) and nothing special with some junior NT either, but seeing how Dunga's (who never coached a team before, let alone NT) Brazil plays lately, I will just shut the fvck up.

Caipirinha: 6 €
Brazilian NT shirt: 70 €
Flight to Rio de Janeiro: 400 €
Seeing Italian NT kicked out of major tournament: PRICELESS

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
All NBA and NHL except Red Wings
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old September 13th, 2006, 06:55 Thread Starter
International

True, he didn't do much with Primorje. At the start it looked he could be on to something but than it all just went to pieces. As far a junior NT is concerned, he never was a selektor there OAnimal, he was only some kind of an assistant to the U19 selektor Zupan (I think) at the time, but for a very short whille.
But if you look at it, Katanec had a pretty poor spell at Gorica when he was there, and what turned out latter? I think a coach is very much different to the selektor. As a selektor you must be much more a psychologist and a motivator than a coach, to charge your players with selfbelief. I don't want to sound too smart as I got heavily burnt in Oblak's case, but Dare seems to me a good man for the job.

On the other side, I'm not that supportive towards the president candidate Simič. I mean, he's also a political figure on the side of the current position, and I just wouldn't like to see the NZS politicised.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old September 13th, 2006, 09:54
Star Player

A lot of big names, but the queston from the last election comes up again: has this Simic-character talked about what he will actually DO as the new NZS-president? Or any of his colleagues in this coalition, for that matter?
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old September 13th, 2006, 10:25
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by binswhacker
A lot of big names, but the queston from the last election comes up again: has this Simic-character talked about what he will actually DO as the new NZS-president? Or any of his colleagues in this coalition, for that matter?
I don't think so.
So, worst case, the things won't change at all, just the money will go to different pockets. A common practice in Slovenia these days... :rollani:

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old September 13th, 2006, 10:26
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter BC
True, he didn't do much with Primorje. At the start it looked he could be on to something but than it all just went to pieces. As far a junior NT is concerned, he never was a selektor there OAnimal, he was only some kind of an assistant to the U19 selektor Zupan (I think) at the time, but for a very short whille.
Ah, my bad then.

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old September 13th, 2006, 10:36 Thread Starter
International

No yet Bins. Pavlin spoke the other day in the bahalf of the opposition saying that they must first make an agreement within the group of MNZ's (municipial footballing associations) who oppose the current leadership. Once that will be done they will come out with a concrete plan.

In the past two days the MNZ Ljubljana and MNZ Maibor, our two largest MNZ's held meetings in which they ageed with voting that a special meeting of NZS should be held. There are all togather 9 MNZ's and 4 of them must voth for this to happen. It is expected that in the next few days ateast two more will hold their meetings where they will decide on the matter. Those two being MNZ Ptuj and MNZ Murska Sobota. That would be enough to call a special meeting of the NZS in 15 days. However by the latest count the opposition would still miss out in the vote by two votes. The votes would still be 19:17 in Zavrl's favour. Clearly Zavrl is playing those cards as he refused to step down,he's colnting on the votes of his loylists. There is still some time to go and the opposition still can do some lobying. Hopefully they can pull it off. It's disgracefull really how Zavrl refuses to accept any responsabillity for the curreent situation.

About Simič, like I said, to me he's not the perfect candidate. Especially becouse of being heavilly involved with politics and to be quite honest, he doesn't fill me with much confidence when seeing him. But at the moment, in the situation we are now in, which is a very worrying one, any change would do.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old September 17th, 2006, 12:06
Star Player

So what is the latest on this matter?
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old September 18th, 2006, 08:02 Thread Starter
International

Hey Janez!

The thing is that another MNZ - Koper voted for the special meeting. However the president candidate Simič insists that they will go into it when atleast 6 MNZ's state their readyness for changes and not only 4 as set in the rulles. After that more should be known. It's said that MNZ Murska Sobota and Ptuj will hold their meetings this week.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old September 21st, 2006, 07:45 Thread Starter
International

Zavrl sklical skupščino

Je predsednik Nogometne zveze Slovenije Rudi Zavrl popustil pritiskom? Sklical je 10. sejo NZS, na kateri bo predlagal skupščino, na kateri se bo razglabljalo o njegovi usodi.

Predsednik Nogometne zveze Slovenije (NZS) Rudi Zavrl je danes vsem medijem poslal dopis, v katerem je sporočil, da je za ta petek (22. septembra) načrtovana 10. seja NZS, na kateri bo podal predlog za skupščino NZS, na kateri bo ena izmed točk tudi razprava in glasovanje o zaupnici predsedniku NZS. Prvi mož slovenskega nogometa, ki ima po porazu reprezentance na prvi kvalifikacijski tekmi za evropsko prvenstvo 2008 proti Bolgariji v Sofiji z 0:3 vse več kritikov (na vrhu opozicije je Ivan Simič, ki je bil njegov protikandidat že na zadnjih volitvah), se je za tak korak odločil predvsem v želji, da se četi Branka Oblaka, ki jo oktobra čakata novi kvalifikacijski tekmi (doma proti Luksemburgu in v gosteh pri Belorusiji), omogoči normalne razmere za delo in mir pred naslednjima dvema pomembnima preizkušnjama. Na skupščini bo NZS podala tudi tako opevani zaključni finančni račun za leto 2005 in seznanitev z revizorjevim poročilom, ki so ga nekateri glasno zahtevali.

----------------------------------------------

Zavrl called up a meeting of the executive comitee for this friday where he'll give the proposal for a special meeting of the NZS on november 16th. On this special meeting they would also be deciding on his future. He decided for this in order to provide some peace for the NT before the next two qualifying games that are coming up this october.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old September 21st, 2006, 12:55
Star Player

Strange logic. Press will fish for an opinion among players and staff anyway then.
post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old September 21st, 2006, 13:11 Thread Starter
International

As much as I know Zavrl he certainly didn't do this for no reason. He must have some cards hidden up in his sleeve.:undecide: Otherwisse I just can't imagine him doing it out of sheer generosity and for the good of our football. I really wonder what is he up to now. No doubt keeping himself firmly in the throne of the NZS is his primary concern, no cost is too high there.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old September 21st, 2006, 13:17
Star Player

Maybe, but wether this gesture will provide peace for the team is something I sincerely doubt.

I'm not quite sure wether a wind of change would mean improvement either.
post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old September 21st, 2006, 14:21
Legend

Quote:
That's exactly what I am afraid of too.

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old September 21st, 2006, 14:39
Star Player

Teams: DINAMO & CHELSEA
i see revolution here..

i hope so that this will not stay only on words and that professionals will replace those which are at this moment on major places in NZS.. slovenians aren't balcanians like we are and you have my support..

btw.. in Croatia is always oppositon much stronger when we talking about major people/thefts, but that is always unimportant thing.. because, they always stay at their places.. and even our football legends like boban or prosinecki can't say anything, that is said..

and, only thing what can force them on resignation is bullet in their heads..

Football champion!
Live stream Live streaming
post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old September 21st, 2006, 15:10
Star Player

Teams: DINAMO & CHELSEA
and i really like the name of this thread.. ..scorpions..

Football champion!
Live stream Live streaming

Last edited by JAMAICA; September 21st, 2006 at 15:20.
post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old September 22nd, 2006, 07:20 Thread Starter
International

Quote:
Maybe, but wether this gesture will provide peace for the team is something I sincerely doubt.
Of course it won't. Oblak will get bombarded from everywhere.

Quote:
I'm not that sure about that either, but surely it can't get any worst than this. Purely for the sake of hygiene it's good if the current set of people step down.
The way I see it noone can lead a certain organisation for almost 20 years with the same success. Even if you are good at it, in all that time things become a routine and somehow you become blinded by your own "importance" you faill to go with the changes. Things must change!

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old October 17th, 2006, 08:27 Thread Starter
International

Zavrl was a quest in sundays Športna scena again and all of a sudden there's been a big change compared to what he said just about a month ago. Back than he was behind Oblak all the way. This time he was clearly upset about how things are at the moment and one could see, although Zavrl didn't say it, that Oblaks days are numbered. Zavrl said that any conclusions will be made after november 16th and the now allready famour special meeting of the NZS in order to avoid any speculations of him fireing Oblak to gain points.

So one thing is clear to me. No matter what will be to outcome of the vote on that meeting, and no matter who will be the new/old president after that, Oblak is almost certain to be as good as gone. Which is a good thing of course.

But that's just one of the changes we're all demanding for, and lets hope for the best of outcomes on november 16th.

One thing is for sure though, Zavrl said in one of his interviews lately that this will be his last mandate. The only problem though is that it ends in 2009. And that's where I'm worried that this is why he won't be sacked in november and that we'll have to bare him for yet another two years.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old October 17th, 2006, 13:23
Legend

Well, in that case, I wouldn't mind Zavrl to stay until 2009.

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2006, 06:15 Thread Starter
International

No thank you, the sooner he's gone the better!

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in