EC 2008 qualifiers - 21.11.2007 - Slovenija : Bulgaria - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 461 (permalink) Old August 22nd, 2006, 11:54 Thread Starter
International

Teams: SLOVENIJA & Arsenal
EC 2008 qualifiers - 21.11.2007 - Slovenija : Bulgaria

So this is it. The day when we kick off our European Championship 2008 qualifying campaign is coming closer and coser. Tomorrow Brane Oblak will announce his first list of players for the upcoming competition and some changes are expected to take place. Namely, it's rumoured that he'll leave out Janez Zavrl who failed to impress and also Klemen Lavrič, who had a lot to say after the Israel game. Mainly becouse he was unhappy with him being substituted but he also allegedly critisised ourselektor for doing a lousy job leading our NT. Now I can uderstand leaving Zavrl out, the guy just isn't a senior NT material yet and we all know why he was playing in the first place, but leaving out Lavrič who's in a good formis just plain stupid. I know, the selektor is always right and Brane had all the right to sub him, but all the critisism Lavrič might have made was justified. We just can't afford to be leaving out players like Klemen and I hope Brane will think again about this.
Anyway these are just rumours for now, we'll see tomorrow.

I just had to open the thread though as I can't wait for the qualifiers to begin, although this time arround I'm very pessimistic about our chances.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 461 (permalink) Old August 24th, 2006, 04:25
Star Player

Me also, I'm just hoping though that we will catch Bulgaria on a bad day . . . they do play Romania 4 days before they host us and there is a rivalry between those two teams so maybe we will have the energy to pull a surprise I just hope that we dont have any injuries before this game, we need our best team, our best players . . . and something big from Nastja because he is really starting to piss me off A nice free kick goal would make up for his lack of heart the last couple of games! Lets just wait and see who Oblak calls up, I agree it is stupid to leave out Lavrič, he has been one of our positives over the past year.
post #3 of 461 (permalink) Old August 24th, 2006, 06:36 Thread Starter
International

Agree James!

Anway, I fuked it up, as Oblak will only come up with the list today. :rollani:

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!

post #4 of 461 (permalink) Old August 25th, 2006, 12:32 Thread Starter
International

So not on wednesday, not yesterday, only today Brane came up with a list of players for the first game. Unlike some speculations suggested, Klemen Lavrič is on it!

The list:

Keepers: Jasmin Handanovič (Koper), Borut Mavrič (Greuther Fürth, Nemčija).

Defenders: Boštjan Cesar (Marseille, Francija), Fabijan Cipot (Maribor), Branko Ilič (Domžale), Bojan Jokič (Gorica), Aleksander Knavs (Red Bull Salzburg, Avstrija), Matej Mavrič (Molde, Norveška).

Midfielders: Milenko Ačimovič (Al Ittihad, Saudska Arabija), Nastja Čeh (Austria Dunaj, Avstrija), Andrej Komac (Djurgarden, Švedska), Robert Koren (Lillestrom, Norveška), Goran Šukalo (Koblenz, Nemčija), Anton Žlogar (Anorthosis Famagusta, Ciper).

Forwards: Valter Birsa (Sochaux, Francija), Milivoje Novakovič (Litex, Bolgarija), Zlatan Ljubijankič (Domžale), Klemen Lavrič (Duisburg, Nemčija), Borut Semler (Bayern München, Nemčija).

No reall surprises than, except for maybe Semler. I don't know why he called him and didn't let him to the U21 who have an important game against France a day latter in their guest for the EC. Also Ljubijankič is on, which wouldn't be that strange if he wasn't injured. I miss Kokot in defence again.
Also I wonder what will be situation with Fipot who broke his nose in yesterdays game. Man the guy has no luck.

The list is here though and atleast now we can start speculating as to who will be in the starting line up. And that's no easy task knowing how Brane's been changing things constantly in the past.:rollani:

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #5 of 461 (permalink) Old August 27th, 2006, 14:58
Star Player

What the hell is Mile doing in Saudi-Arabia?
post #6 of 461 (permalink) Old August 28th, 2006, 07:20 Thread Starter
International

I have asked myself the same question when I hear he was joining them.:rollani: The thing is though that he didn't play at Lille and that they didn't count on him in the future either. The dispute between him and his coach there erupted after he joined our NT for a fiendly and got injured there and after that he came out of favour at the club. Knowing the situation wouldn't change he wanted to find himself another club. Lille refused some offers but also Mile didn't want to continue playing just for "some" club. Than came Al Ittihad who offered him a contract untill the end of the season, Mile agreed, the club bought his contract at Lille and he's now where he is. He'll only be down there for a couple of months, untill the contract runs out, than he'll be on free andintends to find himself another club - this time somewhere in Europe again.

Looking at our list of players again, there's been a change there as Cipot and Ljubijankič were left out due to their injuries. No new players instead of them yet, but I belive we'll find out soon enough. The game is coming up very soon though, next wednesday. Our team assembles on this wednesday.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #7 of 461 (permalink) Old August 28th, 2006, 08:50
Nun c'č Problema!
Star Player

Teams: Team without Totti
Just some news Lavrič scored for Duisburg this week & Aljancic got injuerd in the game against Koper.
I'm very interested to see who will Oblak call in exchange for Cipot and Ljubljankic... Kokot would be nice or Pecnik (Mb)
post #8 of 461 (permalink) Old August 28th, 2006, 10:56 Thread Starter
International

Indeed I can't understand why Oblak doesn't call Kokot. He has improved a lot since going to Germany where he plays regulary and plays well. Pečnik seemed very good in that game he played for us against Norway, but than he got injured and hasn't been playing a lot, now he's at Maribor.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #9 of 461 (permalink) Old August 30th, 2006, 04:49
Star Player

So Oblak has decided to call Igor Lazič for the injured Fabi Cipot . . . I dont know much about Lazič except for that he plays with Koper?? I doubt that he has the skill to cover Cipot though who has been important before his injury and after it.

So here we are, just 7 days away from the start of something that will hopefully surprise me and be enjoyable I think Oblak will stick with his 4-4-2 and the lineup will look something like this:

-------------------------- B. Mavrič --------------------------

--------- Ilič -------- Cesar ------- Knavs ------ M. Mavrič ------

------- Koren ------ Ačimovič ------ N. Čeh ------- Komac -------

--------------- Novakovič --------------- Lavrič ----------------

So thats how I think we will lineup, of course it could be different but I dont see Oblak leaving out either Mile or Nastja if they are 'fit' to play. Koren I believe has been our most promising lately and Komac seems to be spirited enough to fight his way into the starting lineup ahead of Žlogar.

Not many options elsewhere except for up front but Novakovič and Lavrič should have done enough to ensure they start. I expect our first sub though to replace one of these guys, maybe Birsa or Ljubijankič will come on.

What do you think guys?
post #10 of 461 (permalink) Old August 30th, 2006, 09:00 Thread Starter
International

I don't like that line up, but you are right, Brane will field something like that yes, with both Mile and Nastja in. Which is, if you ask me, a suicide! Also Ljubijankič is out injured James.:smileani:

I agree about the strikers, I belive the starting pair should be Milivoje and Klemen, but I really would love to see Valter Birsa get involved sometime latter in the game. He's enjoying a fine spell at the moment.

In goal there's no doubt really, Mrga is the man.

In defence there should be no question as to who will form our central defeners pair,those should be Knavs and Cesar. As a right back, I only see Ilič appropriate for it. This leaves us with a leftback position which scares me. I hope we won't experiment with Cesar tehre again and certainly Matej Mavrič is not the man to do it. So it could be either Lazič or Jokič, if I had to pick one I'dsay the latter but noone really fills me with confidence.

So onto the midfield. What shouldn't be debatable is Koren on the right and Mile in the centre. On the left I'd put Komac, or swithch Koren and Komac, anyway either of them on one of the flanks. One place remains open and I certainly wouldn't like to se Nastja there. I know that on a very good and special day he can be usefull, his crosses and freekicks are something we'd need, but man he's annoying. I just can't wacth him walking there, acting like a primadona, falling over at the slightest of contacts, arguing with the refs constantly and being a little prick like he is. No place for him in the starting like up. I'd put in Žlogar to add some strenght to our midfield. He never dissapointed me since Brane brought him back to the NT. He works all the time, fights and gives his all. Sure he may lack some technical abillity but he replaces it with a great deal of running and hard work. Him or Šukalo for me please!

So my line up would be:

-----------------B.Mavrič--------------------

-----Ilič-----Knavs----Cesar-----Lazič--------

Koren--------Mile-------Žlogar----------Komac

-----------Novakovič-----Lavrič--------------

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #11 of 461 (permalink) Old August 31st, 2006, 01:18
Premier Player

Bravo Brane... not one, u ll destroy two NTs.

I really hope 4 a suprise, but.....Go Slovenia anyway!
post #12 of 461 (permalink) Old August 31st, 2006, 06:33 Thread Starter
International

Two? Are you talking about our U21?

The assembly took place yestarday at Brdo pri Kranju. All the players got there. The first training is schedulled for today at 10am.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #13 of 461 (permalink) Old August 31st, 2006, 10:12
Legend

Teams: Slovenia, Brazil, Russia, Korea, Vasco da Gama
Good, I hope Brane makes them run up to Smarna Gora. That used to bring results...

Caipirinha: 6 €
Brazilian NT shirt: 70 €
Flight to Rio de Janeiro: 400 €
Seeing Italian NT kicked out of major tournament: PRICELESS

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
All NBA and NHL except Red Wings
post #14 of 461 (permalink) Old August 31st, 2006, 10:43 Thread Starter
International

He'd have to run along with them though, that's what helped as well. Having a pit bull coach to make them sweat!

Anyway, I ready today that Brane plans to play the trio Birsa, Semler and Jokič from the start. Now what the fak is he up to now? I like young players making their way in, but I belive this would just be too much.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #15 of 461 (permalink) Old September 1st, 2006, 00:21
Premier Player

Is he dumb or sth.???

That Semler...maybe he would do good playing 4 my team in one of koper leagues....Jokic is ok, but hes not ready yet 4 our NT, he should play in France 4 u21. Instead of him we have Kokot for the left side, but that morron forget him. The only one, that can play is Birsa along with Novakovic. Cause hes fast & his technique is quite good.

Ahhh....
post #16 of 461 (permalink) Old September 1st, 2006, 07:29 Thread Starter
International

I agree Tok, Semler and Jokič should be left with the U21 NT to help them out in their very important qualifying game against France. Hell, I belive we could even miss on Birsa, who is - like you said - the only one of the three who's good enough at the moment to play for the senior NT. But Brane knows best a?:rollani:

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #17 of 461 (permalink) Old September 2nd, 2006, 01:37
Premier Player

As i said, he ll destroy two NT´s, not only one...yao-yao.

Lets hope 4 a miracle....
post #18 of 461 (permalink) Old September 2nd, 2006, 11:22
Nun c'č Problema!
Star Player

That's the only thing we are good at ....... MIRACLESp p
post #19 of 461 (permalink) Old September 2nd, 2006, 12:14
Rookie

May I ask who takes spot kicks for you?
post #20 of 461 (permalink) Old September 2nd, 2006, 15:27
Nun c'č Problema!
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodan_d
May I ask who takes spot kicks for you?
Acimovic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in