World Cup 2006 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 177 (permalink) Old June 10th, 2006, 11:03 Thread Starter
Premier Player

World Cup 2006

Finally

A great start of Ecuador yesterday, Poland already almost out.
Today a great match between Ivory Coast & Argentina. Go Drogba & Co.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 177 (permalink) Old June 11th, 2006, 09:38
Legend

Teams: Slovenia, Brazil, Russia, Korea, Vasco da Gama
Haven't been able to see one minute of a single match so far.

Caipirinha: 6 €
Brazilian NT shirt: 70 €
Flight to Rio de Janeiro: 400 €
Seeing Italian NT kicked out of major tournament: PRICELESS

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
All NBA and NHL except Red Wings
post #3 of 177 (permalink) Old June 11th, 2006, 11:40 Thread Starter
Premier Player

I didnt watch only the Sweden vs Trinidad match.

Anyway, a good performance of Ivory Coast, but they unluckily lost 1:2

post #4 of 177 (permalink) Old June 11th, 2006, 12:10
Star Player

Yes, a very good World Cup so far, I felt bad for the Ivory Coast, I wanted them to win and I believe they deserved it also Hopefully tonight we will see Serbia win against Holland Ill be at work but able to watch it on the big screen there

The hype down here is enourmous for the 'Socceroos' before their first match against Japan tomorrow, Ill be going into the city with some friends where there should be a couple of thousand people watching, should be a good atmosphere Ill take my Slovenian flag I think, so i can easily spot myself in the audience on TV
post #5 of 177 (permalink) Old June 11th, 2006, 12:34 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Smart decision my friend (about the flag)

Australia have a good chanse against Japan, actually they could even qualify 2 the 1/8 finals.
post #6 of 177 (permalink) Old June 12th, 2006, 08:27
International

Teams: SLOVENIJA & Arsenal
Yes too bad CIV didn't do it, they were the better side if you ask me. Best game untill now, becouse otherwisse it's been a rather poor competition so far.

Great to see my England off to a winning start, eventhough with an average performance.

Also nice to see Holland win.

I'll cheering for the Aussies today, so hopefully James they can make it.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #7 of 177 (permalink) Old June 12th, 2006, 14:13
Legend

Yesterday I have finally been able to see first minutes of this year World Cup... :rollani:

I've seen the first half of SCG - Holland and most of the Portugal - Angola match, which was pretty boring, but I was glad to see Angola put up a good fight against the favorites. :thmbup:

As for today, I don't have preferences between Australia and Japan (sorry James ), but go Ghana and USA!

And tomorrow, it is the match I am waiting for: GO BRAZIL!

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
post #8 of 177 (permalink) Old June 13th, 2006, 06:50
International

An amazing game between Japan and Australia, the Japanese goal maybe shouldn't be allowed but in the end, I don't think they deserved to lose. :undecide: Oh well, congrats to Aussies and our James.

The Czechs tore the Americans appart, yet again they look brilliant. Three classy goals from them. What a great signing we made with Rosicky, cant wait to see him start for us. Too bad for Koller though, picking up an injury like that.

As for the Italy - Ghana, well I can't belive I'm actually saying this, but Italy played a good game and deserved to win. They made a positive start to the tournament, certainly much to the surprise of myself and I'm sure many others.

For today, I don't really have any preferences for the first game between Togo and Korea, but in the second game of the day I'd like to see the Swiss win. For the last one, naturally a big part of me is cheering for the Brazilians :smileani: although I must say Croatia have a damn good team and I'm not that ceratin if Brazil will have it all their way and one side of me will be slightly favouring the Croats. Should be a top game.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #9 of 177 (permalink) Old June 13th, 2006, 08:23
Star Player

Well what can I say, truly an amazing experience last night in the city centre here I thought Australia definately played the better game and deserved the win, especially since the only goal the Japanese could score was after Schwarzer was pushed out of the way of the incoming ball. That said, maybe 3-1 was a little lucky, but we will take that any day of the week.

Now we await the outcome of tonights match between Croatia and Brazil. I must say I admire Brazil, they are, if not the best team, definately there abouts and for that reason I want to see Croatia win tonight Im sorry but I dont want Brazil winning the World Cup again this time around, I want a new Champion like the Czechs or Ukraine Hopefully in the other match tonight Switzerland, whom I consider a very strong team, pull off a nice win against France

I agree on the Czechs, best performance of the WC so far by them and what a player Rosicky has turned out to be, and all credit to the Gunners for signing him before the WC because I can only imagine how much his price tag would jump after his most recent showing Ghana I thought played a solid game and they surprised me because I didnt think they would be so good, especially making so many quick breaks against the Italians who in the end, did have a deserved win.
post #10 of 177 (permalink) Old June 13th, 2006, 08:37
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZS
Well what can I say, truly an amazing experience last night in the city centre here I thought Australia definately played the better game and deserved the win, especially since the only goal the Japanese could score was after Schwarzer was pushed out of the way of the incoming ball. That said, maybe 3-1 was a little lucky, but we will take that any day of the week.
You did deserve to win, afterall you scored three and they only scored one and even that was under suspicious circumstances. But if you look at the game itself and the way you played, well I'm sorry untill the last 10 minutes it was pretty poor to say the least - not that it was any better from Japan, it's just that they seemed to be in controll of things when all of a sudden they stopped playing and gave you guys a gift - you took it, simple as that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZS
Now we await the outcome of tonights match between Croatia and Brazil. I must say I admire Brazil, they are, if not the best team, definately there abouts and for that reason I want to see Croatia win tonight Im sorry but I dont want Brazil winning the World Cup again this time around, I want a new Champion like the Czechs or Ukraine Hopefully in the other match tonight Switzerland, whom I consider a very strong team, pull off a nice win against France
Well I still want Brazil to win. They were never my favourite team but I never could cheer against them, they are just too good and play shuch a great game that it would be a crime to do so. So tonight I'm hoping for a great game and like I said, maybe a part of me will be hoping for a surprise, just from that point of view that it would make things much more interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZS
I agree on the Czechs, best performance of the WC so far by them and what a player Rosicky has turned out to be, and all credit to the Gunners for signing him before the WC because I can only imagine how much his price tag would jump after his most recent
This transfer we made will have to go down as the best of the summer, surely, forget Shevchenko or Ballack. I mean to get a player of Tomas's calibre for shuch a low price - arround 4 milion pounds - it's a daylight robbery to say the least. A fantastic piece of work there by Wenger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZS
Ghana I thought played a solid game and they surprised me because I didnt think they would be so good, especially making so many quick breaks against the Italians who in the end, did have a deserved win.
I expected more from Ghana, they didn't show much, mostly becouse Italy played a good game.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #11 of 177 (permalink) Old June 13th, 2006, 13:52
Legend

What a lousy day it was for me yesterday.

I just hope that today it will be better, cause two of my favorite teams play today. Go Korea and BRAZIL!

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
post #12 of 177 (permalink) Old June 13th, 2006, 14:54
Legend

Shit, Korea is 0:1 down after the first half. :depress:

I've got this strange feeling, that I will hate this World Cup more than any one before... :rollani:

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
post #13 of 177 (permalink) Old June 13th, 2006, 15:22
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by OAnimal
I've got this strange feeling, that I will hate this World Cup more than any one before... :rollani:
... Or maybe not, Chun-Soo Lee scores for Korea, it's 1:1 and Togo is in 10 men.
Now come on Korea!

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
post #14 of 177 (permalink) Old June 13th, 2006, 15:37
Legend

Jung Hwan Ahn, the hero of the WC 2002, scores for Korea, 2:1 now!

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
post #15 of 177 (permalink) Old June 13th, 2006, 15:54
Legend

Wow, 2:1 it finished, good win for Korea.

So, looks like not everything is as bad as I thought it to be...

Now come on Brazil.

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
post #16 of 177 (permalink) Old June 13th, 2006, 17:24 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Very good matches till now, better then the last cup, only maybe Portugal - Angola was a litlle boring & there were 2 much difference in quality between USA & Czechs.

Today i really hope Brasil ll win the crtoats

p.s. if i ll be a litlle lucky i ll go 2 see Serbia vs Ivory Coast live in Munich (if my dad ll arrange the tickets)...
post #17 of 177 (permalink) Old June 14th, 2006, 06:45
International

I didn't get to see the afternoon games as I was in school. Oh well.

I was cheering for Togo, but can't comment on how they did, just feel sorry they couldn't hold on to the lead.

Good result for the Swiss in a game that could go either way and yet again it was abvious that France are not the team to do it. They are a team of players past their best or of some really average ones lead by an incompetent coach - they suck. Even Heny doesn't shine in his NT, he never really did. And no, that was not a penalty.

In the last game, which I did see, the Croats impressed me, really. They played a very good game and prooved my belief that they are a strong team that could go very far. Personaly I wouldn't be surprised if they were to get to the semis. Brazil was poor yesterday, what was that down too I don't know of course, but they didn't show much and if they are to continue like that they can forget about winning the cup. Of course they'll win the group and I'm sure they'll raise their game but yesterday they were poor. Croatia on the other hand started off brightly and if they can carry on like this they should have no problems in finishing second. The only worry is that they might get carried away, becouse this was certainly the easiest game to play from a psychologicay point of view. Now they are the favourites and have to win both and if they wont be at their best and if they will g into the games thinking like it's just a formality than theymight get themselves into some problems. I don't think thin will happen though.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #18 of 177 (permalink) Old June 14th, 2006, 08:00
Star Player

Australia to beat Brazil

Togo played realy well in the first half, they looked quite good coming forward and the goal they scored by Kader was really something, beautifully worked in from an angle. The turning point was the send off of Togo's captain and ChunSoo scored from the resulting free kick making Togo pay the ultimate price. One thing about these African teams I have noticed is that they are very undisciplined. They have a great little build up in just about every attack but if they lose the ball 9 times out of 10 they will foul the opponent to get it back . . .

Switzerland were very unlucky yesterday not to come away with the 3 points but can take a whole lot out of the game, I think they will be going through to the 2nd round for sure and France will fight for their place against Korea. France just are a mystery to me, so many good players and they dont work well at all as a team . . . maybe they should only play one defensive midfielder because Makelele and Viera really doesnt seem to work. Also, they should try something new up front with Henry because yesterday there attack was poor to say the least.

Croatia has proven my thoughts, a very very slolid team, and I believe they were a little unlucky not to get at least a draw against Brazil. Only one moment of brilliance from Kaka and a good header from Ronaldinho was what the world champions had to show yesterday and Croatia I felt was very very strong in most areas of the field. Also, what a poor performance by Ronaldo yesterday, I think he ran about 30 metres in the whole game. So it will be hard from here for Croatia to go through, Brazil are still most likely to top the group unless something very unexpected happens which I donot see happening

Tonight I'll watch in hope for 2 teams, I want to see Ukraine do well in the World Cup so I will be cheering them on and also for Poland against Germany, I feel I owe some support since most of my friends down here are Polish
post #19 of 177 (permalink) Old June 14th, 2006, 08:35
International

Agree with everything you said there my friend. Mostly, becouse France has been like that for a very long time now,they just don't click as a team. They though it will be better once Zidane returned but its not. Like I said their time is past and the new guys that steppedin are just not the payers to replace the likes of Zidane, Pires and co.

About Ronaldo? I did'nt even know he was playing until that second half shot. He's useless, fat static figure that can't run a few meters, I know he still can do it and score but in my mind he's ruining Brazils game.

As for today, I'll be cheering for the Saudis to do something. Than I'll be rooting for Spain as I really would like to see them do well this time (I don't expect them to though:rollani: ) and also becouse I can't stand Ukraine and especially Ševčenko. In the last game I don't have any preferences but maybe I'll be hoping for the Poles to spoill the party for the Germans, on the other hand though it would be nice if the hosts did a good job.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #20 of 177 (permalink) Old June 14th, 2006, 12:59 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Hmmm...not a a good Brasil from yestreday, but they played only with 50% of their capacity. Croats were quite good, but they were affraid of a good result & of Dida :P , all the shoot straight 2 the keeper.

I think the croats ll have the same end, as at the previous wc. There, they won against Italy & then they were knocked out already in the group...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in