Should Oblak stay as NT coach? - Xtratime Community
View Poll Results: Should Oblak stay as NT selektor?
Yes 5 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old October 13th, 2005, 10:57 Thread Starter
Legend

Teams: Slovenia, Brazil, Russia, Korea, Vasco da Gama
Should Oblak stay as NT coach?

Walter, could you make a poll out of this?

Well, the question is simple: Should Brane Oblak stay as a coach of our NT after we made our worst qualifying campaign in the last 8 years (remember, we finished 2nd in the group in the last 3 qualifiers, getting into play-off matches). This year we finished 4th of the group, so it's quite natural to raise questions about our NT coach future.

On a positive note, he brought many young players to the team: Lavric, Ilic, Komac, Cesar, Handanovic, Semler... He is also not afraid to take risks and specially at home, we played some great matches (Italy, Moldova, Norway to some extent, Belarus away).

Caipirinha: 6 €
Brazilian NT shirt: 70 €
Flight to Rio de Janeiro: 400 €
Seeing Italian NT kicked out of major tournament: PRICELESS

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
All NBA and NHL except Red Wings
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old October 14th, 2005, 06:53
International

Teams: SLOVENIJA & Arsenal
I say yes, although I'm somewhat dissapointed now when it's all over. I didn't expect us to do much in this cyclus to be honest, but like many others, mine apatites rose after the brilliant start. Maybe that's where my dissapointment comes from. We had bad luck, we had the referees against us - true, but the main factor I belive were our mistakes. Especially in defence. How many easy ans cheap goals we got, it's unbelivable. Belarus at home right after the break, it was a good move by them but still and soft goal to get. Away at Belarus, seconds after going up we get a stupid goal. Norway at home, atleast two totaly unnesessary goals. Now against Scotlanad too. It's just too much to be taken to lightly.
Mistakes were made. But he also brought back the spirit, he made the team belive in itself again.We can go out and play anyone without being affraid of them and going into the match trying to make it 0:0. And thats a big factor in my eyes, that's why I say one more qualifier run for him.
It was not a bad qualification from us,at the end it looks worstthat it was, but the fact is that we failled to make atleast the second place after many years. Now it's a time to make a step forward! With Brane!

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old October 14th, 2005, 08:44
Premier Player

YUp.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old October 14th, 2005, 13:10 Thread Starter
Legend

Teams: Slovenia, Brazil, Russia, Korea, Vasco da Gama
I also think that Brane should stay as the NT coach. The results, specially lately were quite disappointing, as I said we managed to get a lousy 5 points in the last 7 games and we were unable to beat any of our direct rivals for the 2nd place (Norway, Scotland and Belarus). We finished 4th in the group, after three qualifying cycluses where we finished 2nd. That said however, comparing this to our last campaign lead by our famous Prale, this time we had a much more difficult group. Let say France and Italy are more or less on equal terms, but there's no way you can compare Israel, Cyprus and Malta to Norway, Scotland and Belarus. Even the in the first qualifying campaign under Katanec, we had easier group consisting of Norway, Greece, Latvia, Georgia and Albania. Only the group we had in Katanec 2nd campaign consisting of Russia, SCG and Switzerland was comparable to this one we had for WC2006. Besides that, Oblak insists on attacking football, which is the way to go. The only problem is that the attack seems just as bad as Rudonja - Osterc. We scored lousy 10 goals in 10 games: Acimovic 3 (all in the first game against Moldova), Cesar 1 (against Italy), Rodic 1 (against Belarus), Ceh 1 (against Belarus), Cime 1 (against Norway), Zlogar 1 (against Norway), Lavric 1 (against Moldova) and M.Mavric 1 (against Moldova). Which means that our strikers (Rodic, Cime, Lavric, Dedic and Siljak) have scored appaling 3 goals in 10 matches, which is something that is really worrying. Even worse, no player has scored in more than one game in this qualifying campaign...
This is something Brane will have to work on, you cannot win games without scoring goals. But I am sure that in the future, he will include some players from our current U21 squad, which seems to have some very promising young players like Stevanovic, Burgic, Birsa, so the future doesn't look bad at all.

All in all, I want Oblak to stay. He had a difficult task to build basically a new team after several veteran finished their careers (or were dropped for disciplinary reasons) and now it's time to build upon this experience.

Caipirinha: 6 €
Brazilian NT shirt: 70 €
Flight to Rio de Janeiro: 400 €
Seeing Italian NT kicked out of major tournament: PRICELESS

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
All NBA and NHL except Red Wings

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in