October 12th, WC qualifier, Slovenija - Scotland - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 57 (permalink) Old September 30th, 2005, 09:30 Thread Starter
International

Teams: SLOVENIJA & Arsenal
October 12th, WC qualifier, Slovenija - Scotland

Only four days after the Palermo game agains Italy we face Scotland in Celje in our last match of the qualifiers. What significance will it have? Will we both be out by than, or will it be a cruical match, the do or die one? Of course it's not only up to us. We have to wait for the Norwegians to mess it up big time. Unfortulatly they have an easy last two games as they have Moldova to play at home, and than Belarus away.
Oh, well, if nothng else there's pride to play for! And both team have plenty of it!
We only faced eachother once before and it ended 0:0. But we should have won it than, remember the miss by Siljak :eekani: and the two chances by Nastja and Mile? It was a rough game and this time it will be the same! As far as our team is concerned, a lot willdepend on how it will be on saturday. I just hope that in case of a bad result in Palermo the bojs won't be too much devostated and will give us a good final game!

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 57 (permalink) Old September 30th, 2005, 12:22
Rising Star

I think this is a duplicate thread Walter and should be closed. :rollani:
Anyway I hope that the Slovenian police are better than the Glasgow police were when your fans were here. No drinking in the streets of Glasgow! I've spoken to the Celje mayors office and apparently they are laying on entertainment at three venues around town with live music and beer tents. Any news on this? (They have their final meeting on Monday). I have tried to help the local publicans with their budgeting but the tourist office won't give me their addresses. Can you help Walter (this is after all the largest travelling support in Europe). It's not unheard of for whole towns to run out of alcohol (especially at your prices) during our visits.
post #3 of 57 (permalink) Old September 30th, 2005, 12:55 Thread Starter
International

Well it's not duplicate as his is meant as the "official" match thread, so I just closed the other one in order not to duplicate things. :eekani:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John G of C
I have tried to help the local publicans with their budgeting but the tourist office won't give me their addresses.
I don't quite understand what do you mean by that John? I do understand the alcohol part though.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!

post #4 of 57 (permalink) Old September 30th, 2005, 13:01
Premier Player

Teams: GLASGOW RANGERS, Queen of the South and West Ham
Quote:
I think this is a duplicate thread Walter and should be closed. :rollani:
Anyway I hope that the Slovenian police are better than the Glasgow police were when your fans were here. No drinking in the streets of Glasgow! I've spoken to the Celje mayors office and apparently they are laying on entertainment at three venues around town with live music and beer tents. Any news on this? (They have their final meeting on Monday). I have tried to help the local publicans with their budgeting but the tourist office won't give me their addresses. Can you help Walter (this is after all the largest travelling support in Europe). It's not unheard of for whole towns to run out of alcohol (especially at your prices) during our visits.
There is no drinking on the streets all the time not just when footballs on. Plus at least it is'nt 6.00 for a pint.
post #5 of 57 (permalink) Old September 30th, 2005, 15:28
Rising Star

Aye, I know the story. It's illegal, just as it is in most European countries where we drink in the street.
post #6 of 57 (permalink) Old September 30th, 2005, 15:39
Rising Star

I was trying to make sure that your town doens't run out of beer. Other towns have run out during our visit because of lack of preparation or prior knowledge. This was before I realised that the Lasko brewery is nearby of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter BC
Well it's not duplicate as his is meant as the "official" match thread, so I just closed the other one in order not to duplicate things. :eekani:

I don't quite understand what do you mean by that John? I do understand the alcohol part though.
post #7 of 57 (permalink) Old September 30th, 2005, 21:37
Rising Star

Teams: Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC
Walter, another bit of help for my programme, I need some translations into Slovenian to assist our fans during the game.....

"We hate Jimmy Hill, he's a poof, he's a poof"

"Stand up if you hate England"

"We can see you sneaking out"

Any other suggestions J G of C ??

Oh, and can you type out SCOTLAND for me in Slovenian? I cant seem to get the squiggly bit above the S on my keyboard

Also SOUVENIR PROGRAMME thanks

IF YOU HEAR THE NOISE OF THE TARTAN ARMY BOYS, WE'LL BE COMING DOWN THE ROAD!

Last edited by ReekySporran; September 30th, 2005 at 21:54.
post #8 of 57 (permalink) Old October 3rd, 2005, 06:52 Thread Starter
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReekySporran
Walter, another bit of help for my programme, I need some translations into Slovenian to assist our fans during the game.....
Oh well, here goes than:

Quote:
"We hate Jimmy Hill, he's a poof, he's a poof"
Sovražimo Jimmija Hilla, - and now you must tell me what's a "poof".

[QUOTE=ReekySporran]"Stand up if you hate England":QUOTE]

Vstanite če sovražite Anglijo.

Quote:
"We can see you sneaking out":
Vidimo da se plaziš ven.

Quote:
Oh, and can you type out SCOTLAND for me in Slovenian? I cant seem to get the squiggly bit above the S on my keyboard
Scotland is ŠKOTSKA on Slovenian.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #9 of 57 (permalink) Old October 3rd, 2005, 10:07 Thread Starter
International

OAnimal, any news on the tickets yet?

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #10 of 57 (permalink) Old October 3rd, 2005, 11:48
Rising Star

A "poof" is a homosexual. We don't like Jimija Hilla as you can see. "We can see you sneaking out." is sung to fans that leave quietly before the game has finished because their team have no chance of victory anymore. (I'm just making things clearer for you and not suggesting that this will be the case ).

Incidentally what does "Slan" mean in Slovene? One of the Slovenians on our messageboard has just used it. I think there is a very similar Scottish word. Funnily enough most people don't believe that the Slovenian guy is from Slovenia because he has called himself "CELje TIC" which of course is the Tourist Information Centre but it also sounds like Celtic doesn't it?

Last edited by John G of C; October 3rd, 2005 at 12:04.
post #11 of 57 (permalink) Old October 3rd, 2005, 12:56
Legend

Teams: Slovenia, Brazil, Russia, Korea, Vasco da Gama
Quote:
OAnimal, any news on the tickets yet?
No, I'll go tomorrow to get them. Didn't have time before. How many do you need?

Caipirinha: 6 €
Brazilian NT shirt: 70 €
Flight to Rio de Janeiro: 400 €
Seeing Italian NT kicked out of major tournament: PRICELESS

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
All NBA and NHL except Red Wings
post #12 of 57 (permalink) Old October 3rd, 2005, 13:57
Rising Star

Can someone explain these numbers. Surely it's not 14% by volume is it?

"Today, UNION Brewery’s product range covers the following products and products groups:

light beers: UNION beer, 12 %; UNION PILS, 11.6 %; PREMIUM beer, 12.6 %
dark beer: CRNI BARON (Black Baron), 14 %"
post #13 of 57 (permalink) Old October 3rd, 2005, 14:48
Star Player

No, our current coach is doing a great job with the future players of our NT nk Bac. I think it would be stupid if they change Oblak now for any coach, especially a foreign one.

BTW, where abouts in Melbourne are you from? I live here also
post #14 of 57 (permalink) Old October 3rd, 2005, 15:59
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by OAnimal
No, I'll go tomorrow to get them. Didn't have time before. How many do you need?
Good luck with the tickets and the match, guys.

And enjoy the party.
post #15 of 57 (permalink) Old October 4th, 2005, 06:32 Thread Starter
International

Quote:
A "poof" is a homosexual. We don't like Jimija Hilla as you can see. "We can see you sneaking out." is sung to fans that leave quietly before the game has finished because their team have no chance of victory anymore. (I'm just making things clearer for you and not suggesting that this will be the case ).

Ah, so that would be "Sovražimo Jimmija Hilla, peder je!"

And I guess,we'll have to see, who'll sneak out won't we.

Quote:
AIncidentally what does "Slan" mean in Slovene? One of the Slovenians on our messageboard has just used it. I think there is a very similar Scottish word. Funnily enough most people don't believe that the Slovenian guy is from Slovenia because he has called himself "CELje TIC" which of course is the Tourist Information Centre but it also sounds like Celtic doesn't it?
"Slan", if you got it correctly means "salty". And yes, the Celje TIC guy is just what you say, but it is funny how you can see Celtic in it.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #16 of 57 (permalink) Old October 4th, 2005, 06:33 Thread Starter
International

Quote:
Can someone explain these numbers. Surely it's not 14% by volume is it?

"Today, UNION Brewery’s product range covers the following products and products groups:

light beers: UNION beer, 12 %; UNION PILS, 11.6 %; PREMIUM beer, 12.6 %
dark beer: CRNI BARON (Black Baron), 14 %"
Those percentages are the shares of production in UNION brewery.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #17 of 57 (permalink) Old October 4th, 2005, 06:39 Thread Starter
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by nk_Bac
i really dont think slovenia deserves to be in the world cup,even though its hard for me to say......
the team isnt up to it like they were 4 years ago....the team four years ago had great players and now we only have around 3 players from that squad with Knavs the standout...acimovic was just a bench player at that time of the slovenian golden era.i think a new coach is needed..perhaps a foreign coach that will bring a new perspective into the game

whats with olimpija(aka Bezigrad)..they have players like zidan,djurovski,nikcevic,bendejcic,bajrektarevic,p ate,ubavic,komar,volk,etc.......what a team of stars even though they are 35plus years old...i still think they would give gorica a run for its money!!!
I belive Oblak is doing a wonderfull job with our team. Sure some things could be better but it's always like that isn't it. The important thing is that he got things going again, he made a good team again, with a great team spirit. The team got the belief again that they are a good team and are no longer affraid of anyone. Forget about the golden era, that's a thing of the past. All footballing nations had theirs, and it's just no use in whining about it. You must take what you have at the moment and make the most of it, and Brane is doing it just great!

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #18 of 57 (permalink) Old October 4th, 2005, 10:26 Thread Starter
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by OAnimal
I guess two, Kulerc and me. Have you contacted anyone else if they are willing to go?

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #19 of 57 (permalink) Old October 4th, 2005, 11:49
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by nk_Bac
hey NZS
i sent u a pm
i live in the western suburbs of Melbourne

oblak was a great player and coach but its time to change..
i think a coach like Roy Hodgson or even a dutch coach would be good....its a rebuilding era for slovene football...i think that in 4 years time this team will be very strong as long as they keep the boys happy and together with a good team spirit it should be good.
if they do make this world cup i will be very happy and will spend all my money at the TAB placing bets on them like ive done in the last EC and WC..lol
anton zlogar should be getting a better run in the NT as he is a good strong player..a ballwinner abd distributor and great with headers....also there are many slovene players living abroad that play great football and the NT should look into this(ie slovenian background players that arent born in slovenia but can get a passport)...in the past players like rudi istenic and rajko tavcar were poached and it was good
i still think that without knavs we are doomed.
Hey my friend. I replied to your message

Tell me something, are you ever able to see our NT matches down here?
post #20 of 57 (permalink) Old October 4th, 2005, 12:59
Legend

Teams: Slovenia, Brazil, Russia, Korea, Vasco da Gama
Quote:
I guess two, Kulerc and me. Have you contacted anyone else if they are willing to go?
No, nobody else is going. Damnit, why didn't you tell me about Kulerc before...

I've got tickets, two for us and one for our Scottish friends, now I need to go there again to get another one, but fortunately, I have some business nearby anyway...

Caipirinha: 6 €
Brazilian NT shirt: 70 €
Flight to Rio de Janeiro: 400 €
Seeing Italian NT kicked out of major tournament: PRICELESS

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
All NBA and NHL except Red Wings

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in