Help needed - Slovenija v Skotska Oct 13th - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old September 14th, 2005, 00:16 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Teams: Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC
Help needed - Slovenija v Skotska Oct 13th

I put together an unofficial "match programme" for every Scotland away match to distribute amongst Scotland fans, and at the same time raise money for charity - The Tartan Army Sunshine Appeal - which donates Ł1,000 (€1,400) to a good childrens causes in every country we play (Slovenia will be no exception).

I am starting to put together the programme for the Slovenia match and I would like to include perhaps a 600-800 word article on Slovenian club football, summarising the problems it has faced over the last 2-3 seasons (especially the demise of Olimpia).

Would anyone be willing to have a go at this for me, or put me in touch with someone who could? I would be very grateful as I cannot find much useful information on the Internet

IF YOU HEAR THE NOISE OF THE TARTAN ARMY BOYS, WE'LL BE COMING DOWN THE ROAD!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old September 14th, 2005, 09:26
International

Teams: SLOVENIJA & Arsenal
Oh man, Reeky, you got me now. I'm the worst person to ask to writte shuch stuff. And finding an article on this subject is a very difficult task too from a very simple reason - there are very few if any that would go into analysing our domestic football. I tried to find something usefull but couldn't find anything. I'll look up again and if I find something I'll put it here.

But if I can just say a word on that. Our domestic football is in crisis, infact it's been in it for quite some time. The quality is not that bad in comparison to the economic situation in football, but everything else is. The infrastructure, the leaderships of clubs are full of incompetent people, too many foreigners of poor quality are taking up places of young and promissing domestic players, attendances are not worth a comment and on and on. The only bright spot is our National team - they are the true ensign, ambassador of our football. And thank god for that.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old September 14th, 2005, 21:34
Rising Star

Slovenija v Skotska Oct 12th

Come on lets get the debate going. How many fans do you think Scotland will be bringing to your beautiful country? I think 5000 (five thousand).

Where is the best pub/club to go to in Ljubljana...large place where we can have a good sing song, meet local people/fans and stay there drinking till the birds start singing?

Last edited by John G of C; September 14th, 2005 at 21:41.

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old September 14th, 2005, 22:07 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Anything would be a help Walter, as it seems Slovenia club football isn't covered very well on the Net (in English anyway), and I would like to cover the issue.

post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old September 14th, 2005, 22:20 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Christ Dave, I'm way ahead of you! Mind you I haven't got round to the pubs/clubs/burds question yet!

post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old September 15th, 2005, 00:47
Rising Star

Aye ye are. Your recruiting journalists and everything. I say Bill......Bill is that you Bill.
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old September 15th, 2005, 06:26
International

It isn't much better in Slovenian either. You can go to our FAs official site and see if you can find anything there - http://www.nzs.si/ - it's only in Slovenian though. And the official site of our league -http://www.liga.simobil.si/ - has been down for quite a whille now due to the reconstruction, and the league is well on the way now which speaks volumes by itself.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old September 15th, 2005, 13:08
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter BC
It isn't much better in Slovenian either. You can go to our FAs official site and see if you can find anything there - http://www.nzs.si/ - it's only in Slovenian though. And the official site of our league -http://www.liga.simobil.si/ - has been down for quite a whille now due to the reconstruction, and the league is well on the way now which speaks volumes by itself.
Walter it says on the Slovenian FA site that 75% of voters think Scotland will finish second in group 5. Is this something that you agree with?
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old September 15th, 2005, 13:40
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by John G of C
Walter it says on the Slovenian FA site that 75% of voters think Scotland will finish second in group 5. Is this something that you agree with?
Yes that's what it says and no I don't agree with it. It will be us! Or the Norwegians.

Realistically I think both of our teams blew their chances allready, so unless Norway fak it up big time it will be them who will play the playoffs. BUT - it's not over yet ...

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old September 15th, 2005, 23:01
Rising Star

I agree. I also think our teams have blown their chances.

John Gunnar of Christinegard.

Last edited by John G of C; September 15th, 2005 at 23:07.
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old September 20th, 2005, 14:10 Thread Starter
Rising Star

If Belarus beat Norway we both have a chance, IF IF IF!!!!

post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old September 20th, 2005, 20:21 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Slovenian FA have given us over 2,000 tickets! the Scottish Football Association have over 3,000 ticket applications!

post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old September 20th, 2005, 23:48
Rising Star

I reckon we'll get some fans on the grassy knoll as well. Do you think we'll get 5,000 travelling. There seems to be a newfound passion (technical term for Glory Hunter) in the support. And it's not easy getting accommodation either. I booked the flight months ago and was a bit blaze about a hotel (an appropriate term for a DUFC fan in a hotel I think). Maybe a few out for the cheap bevvy and a few that haven't been before??

Not got an answer to the pub/club question yet. Have to wait for the SFA guidebook to see which HipHop clubs Wullie Mac recommends.

Just looked and there are about 10 clubs on Metelkova Mesto which makes it either the red light district or party central. Which is the same for some folk come to think of it.

Last edited by John G of C; September 20th, 2005 at 23:59.
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old September 21st, 2005, 06:46
International

Hey you two, I just merged the threads in order not to have two similar ones about one and the same topic.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old September 22nd, 2005, 18:05
Rising Star

Come on Walter' spill the beans. Tell us about Ljubljana. I'm not here to talk to Reekie just as he's not here to talk to me. We want locals, local info about bars, cheap beer, expensive women, football, sex and parties. We want to know how best to squeeze as much fun out of Slovenia as possible and for that we need intell'.

Have you been to the Tartan Army messageboard Walter. maybe you can compare notes with fellow moderators. The TA mod's are very secretive though. None of the openeness that you have on here. No, no anonymity all the way with our lot. Covert meetings in Brattislava the whole shebang. In fact in Belarus, Lukashenko met up with them to take notes for his own FSB.
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old September 23rd, 2005, 06:15
International

Quote:
Come on Walter' spill the beans. Tell us about Ljubljana. I'm not here to talk to Reekie just as he's not here to talk to me. We want locals, local info about bars, cheap beer, expensive women, football, sex and parties. We want to know how best to squeeze as much fun out of Slovenia as possible and for that we need intell'.
Sorry man, I thought you reffered to Reeky indeed. What can I tell you that you don't allready know. Maybe OAnimal could tell you more since he lives in Ljubljana and thus knows the place a lot more than me. I'd just say that no matter where you'll be you should have a good time there as the bars are well "equiped" and the party life is OK in Ljubljana. My personal choice would be Holidays Pub, but there's plenty to choosefrom really, so I'll just leaver that to you to decide.

Quote:
Have you been to the Tartan Army messageboard Walter. maybe you can compare notes with fellow moderators. The TA mod's are very secretive though. None of the openeness that you have on here. No, no anonymity all the way with our lot. Covert meetings in Brattislava the whole shebang. In fact in Belarus, Lukashenko met up with them to take notes for his own FSB.
I've been there and I see you guys are really well organised. I especially like your invasion to our FA's site and the conquering of the poll there.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old September 23rd, 2005, 23:38 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Be careful Walter, John is a Dundee United fan, so they are not used to modern civilisation! He will be the one sleeping on the park benches........

Also tracked down some information on Slovenian League football, thanks for your help, only 17 days to go before departure to Celje - woo hoo!!!!!

Walter, how do you pronounce "Celje" in English???

post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old September 24th, 2005, 05:43
Star Player

Would be something like: Cell-yeh

Walter can correct me if I'm wrong
post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old September 25th, 2005, 01:58
Rising Star

Despite booking the flight months ago I only just got round to booking accommodation. Thought I was going to have to sleep on a bench. Not a lot of it left. Be even worse when we've beaten Belarus.

On the subject of language I think I'm not too bad for this one compared to other trips but I need to know how to say the following please.

"Would you like to dance?".

"You look good". Or something similar.

Can you show me how to pronounce it as well please?

Thanks
post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old September 26th, 2005, 07:49
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReekySporran
Also tracked down some information on Slovenian League football, thanks for your help, only 17 days to go before departure to Celje - woo hoo!!!!!
I'm glad it helped, even though if just a little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReekySporran
Walter, how do you pronounce "Celje" in English???
Like James allready said: Cell-yeh. They C must be pronounced like TZ.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in