August 17th Friendly - Wales : Slovenija - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old August 1st, 2005, 12:56 Thread Starter
Star Player

August 17th Friendly - Wales : Slovenija

Well, it seems like an eternity since we played last and I almost forgot that our next match is in just over 2 weeks in Wales I think this match comes at a good time because our players have been on their break before the start of their new seasons and it will be good to see where they are at physically now

Wales cant qualify for the World Cup and to be honest I am quite surprised at the fact that they havnt recorded a single victory from 6 games after making the play offs for the Euro in their last qualifications. They have a very good team with the likes of Savage, Bellamy, Davies, Earnshaw, Giggs (if he still plays) etc etc. so it will definately not be an easy game for our boys. As we all saw Cipot is injured and wont play for some time due to an idiotic challenge so I wonder how Oblak will prepare us for this one We will just have to wait and see I suppose
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old August 1st, 2005, 14:30
Rising Star

I'm so fixed on that game against Norway I forgot all about this one. Thx for the reminder
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old August 1st, 2005, 16:33 Thread Starter
Star Player

Oblak objavil seznam

Branko Oblak je objavil svoj seznam za prihajajočo prijateljsko tekmo z Walesom (17. avgust). Na seznamu so:

Keepers:
Samir Handanovič (Udinese)
Borut Mavrič (Greuther Fuerth)

Defenders
Boštjan Cesar (Dinamo Zagreb)
Suad Filekovič (Mouscron)
Branko Ilič (Domžale)
Aleksander Knavs (Salzburg)
Matej Mavrič (Moelde)
Andrej Pečnik (Sigma Olomouc)

Midfielders
Milenko Ačimovič (Lille)
Mišo Brečko (Hamburger SV)
Nastja Čeh (Austria Dunaj)
Andrej Komac (CS Maritimo)
Jalen Pokorn (brez kluba)
Goran Šukalo (Alemannia Aachen)
Anton Žlogar (Neon Paralimni FC)

Forwards
Sebastjan Cimerotič (Incheon United)
Klemen Lavrič (MSV Duisburg)
Aleksander Rodič (Portsmouth).

-------------------------------------------

Here is the 18 players that Oblak has called for the game against Wales Back in the squad is Knavs and Borut Mavric. New to the squad is Andrej Pečnik who is 23 years old.

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old August 1st, 2005, 16:35
Rising Star

nice I don't know him really...
Pokorn without a club :-/
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old August 8th, 2005, 09:04
Star Player

I think Olomouc only just bought him, but that's all I know.

No Siljak as well.:undecide:
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old August 8th, 2005, 11:39 Thread Starter
Star Player

Our shirt suppliers Kappa have announced a new edition to our jerseys On both the sleeves their will now be a Slovenian Flag present Now I need to buy a new jersey
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old August 8th, 2005, 19:33
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by binswhacker
No Siljak as well.:undecide:
this I really don't understand
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old August 8th, 2005, 19:33
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZS
Our shirt suppliers Kappa have announced a new edition to our jerseys On both the sleeves their will now be a Slovenian Flag present Now I need to buy a new jersey
Could you send one?
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old August 14th, 2005, 09:26 Thread Starter
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Julie~
Could you send one?
If I had endless supplies of money, no problemo But first I have to find where to buy an the new ones
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old August 14th, 2005, 09:39 Thread Starter
Star Player

Well, with the friendly a matter of days away, John Toshack, the Welsh selektor, has named his squad for the friendly some time ago now. He didnt recall Robbie Savage who after quitting international football made himself available again. The list seems to be quite strong so as suspected, not an easy game for our boys. Here is the list of players he called:

Wales squad
Keepers:
Coyne (Burnley FC)
Jones (Wolverhampton Wanderers FC)

Defenders:
Price (Ipswich Town FC)
Delaney (Aston Villa FC)
Duffy (Coventry City FC)
Edwards (Wolverhampton Wanderers FC)
J Collins (West Ham United FC)
Gabbidon (West Ham United FC)
Page (Coventry City FC)
Partridge (Bristol City FC)
Thatcher (Manchester City FC)
Ricketts (Swansea City FC)
G Roberts (Tranmere Rovers FC)

Midfielders:
Davies (Everton FC)
Fletcher (West Ham United FC)
Koumas (Cardiff City FC)
Robinson (Sunderland AFC)
Vaughan (Crewe Alexandra FC)
Williams (West Ham United FC)

Forwards:
Bellamy (Blackburn Rovers FC)
Earnshaw (West Bromwich Albion FC)
Hartson (Celtic FC)
Giggs (Manchester United FC).

Any thoughts?
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old August 16th, 2005, 06:45
International

Teams: SLOVENIJA & Arsenal
It's a good match coming up. And after criticising our FA after that blunder of a firiendly agains Germany I can only say good things this time. Wales is a good opponent ant the right time. We'll get the cahnce to play a team that resembles Norway a lot, and we'll play them with enough time for our bojs to take some time "off" after the match. Also it will give Brane the chance to analyse the match and see things that went wrong and stuff like that. So I'm really looking forward to thins match, which is allready tomorrow.

We should do well, why not. I don't think there are many question marks about our team but the bigest problem is of course who will fill in for Cipot who made shuch an impact in our latest performances. I hear Brane was thinking about Matej Mavric, but I' a bit sceptical about that. If it will come to that I guessCesar will partnes Knavs in the centre of the defence.

Anyway I just want our bojs to perform well, to fight and to shows us all that they didnt forget to play football over the summer.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old August 17th, 2005, 08:19 Thread Starter
Star Player

Some bad news for Wales for tonights games. Ryan Giggs was told he couldnt play the match on Tuesday morning because of a chest infection which has kept him out of Manchester Uniteds opening 2 matches this season. Craig Bellamy (ankle), Simon Davies (shin) and Ben Thatcher (ankle) all withdrew after training yesterday and will not play in the game either. So a very depleted squad the Welsh have to work with, but I think this is still going to be a very hard game, even with the absence of these stars
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old August 17th, 2005, 08:20
International

Today it is. The friendly against Wales. It should be a good match although Wales will be somewhat weakened as Giggs, Bellamy and some others won't be in action due to injuries and sickness.

Nevermind that, I'm sure the home side will be up for it,as all the Island teams they are known for their figting spirit and now with some of their big names out their younger players will have the chance to proove themselves. It won't be easy for Brane and our bojs but I'm confident we can play a good match. Like I always say I just want to see our bojs fight and play like a reall team. The result is of a secondary interest to me although it would be nice to win.

What will be our line up for today? I think Borut Mavric will make his first appearance after the injury and Matej Mavric will get Cipot's rolle. Other than that no major changes if you ask me.

----------------------B.Mavric------------------------

-----Ilic---------Knavs--------Cesar-----Filekovic-----

Komac--------------M.Mavric---------------------Ceh

----------------Acimovic------------------------------

--------------------Cime-----Lavric--------------------

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old August 17th, 2005, 08:42 Thread Starter
Star Player

Well said Walter Your lineup looks good to me and I think we can expect to see something very similar to that, unless Cime is unable to run the full 90 minutes and Oblak chooses Rodic to start instead

Im going to listen to the game live on the BBC radio, Ill be able to follow the game a little easier now that its commentary will be in english Anyone want to predict a rsult?
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old August 17th, 2005, 08:51
International

Nah, Rodic wont start, he'll come in latter on. Cime will be on fire today,I can feel it but I sense a first NT goal for Lavric. :smileani:

The result?

Wales 2 : 2 Slovenija (Lavric 34', Cesar 77')

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old August 17th, 2005, 09:32 Thread Starter
Star Player

I think your right about Lavric scoring his first, but I also sense one for Cime who will hopefully be more selfish this time Im already anxious to have the match start

Wales 1 - 2 Slovenija (Cimerotic 13', Lavric 57')

My sisters boyfriend might be able to help me see the game now He has heaps of channels from around the world at his house and he thinks that there might be one televising the game, so fingers crossed

BTW: Welcome back Walter
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old August 17th, 2005, 10:12
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZS
I think your right about Lavric scoring his first, but I also sense one for Cime who will hopefully be more selfish this time Im already anxious to have the match start

Wales 1 - 2 Slovenija (Cimerotic 13', Lavric 57')
I wouldn't mind Cime scoring at all , after all it's about time too. I'd really love to see one of his trade mark goals again after he dribbles past the wholle defence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZS
IMy sisters boyfriend might be able to help me see the game now He has heaps of channels from around the world at his house and he thinks that there might be one televising the game, so fingers crossed [/B]
Good luck with that James. There must be a TV station somewhere that will televise it since TV SLO 2 isn't on satellite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZS
BTW: Welcome back Walter
Thanks my friend.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old August 17th, 2005, 20:52 Thread Starter
Star Player

Still 30 mins left, Rodic had a nice shot just then Wales seem to be the stronger team so far. Its quite funny to hear the commentaters comment on how tall all our players are Hopefully we can manage a goal
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old August 18th, 2005, 10:37
International

What a poor game of football that was! Total antipropaganda for the sport. Whille I can understand Wales wasn't up to it due to the lack of so many of their top players there can be no excuse for the poor display from our team. That was pathetic. :thmbdown: It really worries me now before the cruical game against Norway. Our so called stars, that should carry our game are in the lousy form. I can understans now why Mile can't get the place in his team anymore and why Nastja is warming the bench in Austria. They were piss poor. Even Knavs was shaky in the first half. The players that were positive were Cesar who put in a solid defensive display, Flekovic the same, Pokorn for a good game in the midfield even though he's without a club and only trains with one of our second divison clubs and Komac who I can say played a standardly good game. Also Ilic did well after he came in and Cime who tried and pulled out some tricks but was soon shut down. All in all a very poor game from us. I'd expect us to dominate the weakened Welsh side but no, we were just a bad as they were if not worst. Watchig Mile and Nastja torture the ball was really painfull. I thought I'd never say this, but at the moment I really wouldn't want to see any of the in the team, its just a waste of a place. The problem is though who could fill in for them, wen don't have the players of their calibre (when they are in form of course).

I hope the bojs will come in form in time for the probably our most important game of the quaifers which is just arround the corner. Otherwisse we can kiss the WC goodbye.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!

Last edited by Walter BC; August 18th, 2005 at 10:49.
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old August 18th, 2005, 18:08
Rising Star

I didn't see the game but I'm quite surprised about what you're saying Walter.. I guess it doesn't look good for the game against Norway (?)...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in