Olimpija, Mura, Ljubljana and Zagorje thrown out of 1. SNL! - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old May 31st, 2005, 20:35 Thread Starter
Legend

Teams: Slovenia, Brazil, Russia, Korea, Vasco da Gama
Olimpija, Mura, Ljubljana and Zagorje thrown out of 1. SNL!

3 clubs, Mura, Ljubljana and Zagorje, that complaint about not getting the license to compete in 1. SNL, saw their complains refused by NZS Comission. The decision is final, which means that those three clubs will not be able to play in 1. SNL in the next season. These 3 clubs were not given the license due to very bad financial status. Olimpija, probably the most known Slovenian team, has not even ask to get the license and will probably cease to exist at all.

So, out of current 1. SNL teams only Gorica, Domzale, Publikum, Primorje, Drava, Maribor, Bela Krajina and Koper got the license and in the next season they will probably be joined by Rudar and Nafta to form a 10 team 1. SNL next season.

Unfortunately, this is the cruel reality of Slovenian football. 1. SNL without "giants" like Olimpija and Mura looks pretty pathetic, just as it would look without Maribor and Gorica, for example. To make the situation worse, 5 teams from those who will play in 1. SNL next season (Domzale, Drava, Bela Krajina, Rudar and Nafta) have very short 1. SNL experience and it remains to be seen whether they are here to stay or they will follow the cruel path of many "fast rising star" teams from the past (like Potrosnik Beltinci, Izola, Tabor Sezana, Jadran Dekani and others), which ambitions overshadowed the common sense and who were sent down the path of no return... :depress:

Caipirinha: 6 €
Brazilian NT shirt: 70 €
Flight to Rio de Janeiro: 400 €
Seeing Italian NT kicked out of major tournament: PRICELESS

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
All NBA and NHL except Red Wings
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old May 31st, 2005, 22:17
Star Player

Well, I suppose they have to learn some day. The same is happening here (though not on such a scale, since we Belgians know everything there is to know about back doors in rulebooks) and people in club boards are now taking the financial health of the team very seriously even if it means in some cases not playing with an all pro team. I expect and hope that people will draw similar conclusions in 1. SNL.
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old May 31st, 2005, 22:30
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by OAnimal
Olimpija, probably the most known Slovenian team, has not even ask to get the license and will probably cease to exist at all.

whaaaaat????

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old May 31st, 2005, 22:41
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrija PFC
whaaaaat????
Unfortunately so. You can read the full story here:
https://www.xtratime.org/forum/showth...ight=financial
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old June 1st, 2005, 07:49
International

Teams: SLOVENIJA & Arsenal
It's a sad thing really to see clubls like Olimpija and Mura to be dropped out, in Olimpijas case to even cease existing. :depress: But the thing had to start somewhere, the line had to be drawn. There was no order in our football, the board were/are full of corrupt mother fakers that only take care of themselves. This way maybe we'll get ridd of them and get some serious people involved who will really take the wholle thing seriously and start working.

True what you say, the first league without Olimpija and Mura will be a sad thing to watch as clubs like Nafta, Bela Krajina and the likes are just no match for them and they certainly don't give me any confidence about their futures.

So what, will we be seeing the league of four or six clubs in a few years to come?

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old June 1st, 2005, 10:17 Thread Starter
Legend

Quote:
whaaaaat????
Unfortunately it is the truth. Here is the article from our national TV webpage:
---------------------------------------------------------------

Olimpija obstaja le ?e na papirju

V Ljubljani je bil ?e zadnji ob?ni zbor propadlega nogometnega kluba Olimpija, po katerem klub sicer ?e obstaja, nima pa ve? uprave in igralcev.

Dosedanji predsednik Borut Gaber?ek je podal poro?ilo o delu v zadnji polovici leta, v kateri je klub na prej?njih pribli?no 700 milijonov tolarjev dolgov "pridelal" ?e dodatnih pet. V klubu bo ostal le ?e sekretar, ki bo dajal izpisnice igralcem.

Pribli?no 200 mladih nogometa?ev bo v novi sezoni treniralo v novoustanovljenem klubu Be?igrad. Na skup??ini je bil sicer oblikovan tudi krizni ?tab pod vodstvom Vladana Mladenovi?a.
-------------------------------------------------------------

It basically says that after the last reunion of its management, Olimpija exists only formally. It doesn't have the management anymore, nor the players. There is only the secretary left in the club, who will give permission to leave (izpisnice tr?) the club to the players.

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old June 1st, 2005, 10:22 Thread Starter
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter BC
It's a sad thing really to see clubls like Olimpija and Mura to be dropped out, in Olimpijas case to even cease existing. :depress: But the thing had to start somewhere, the line had to be drawn. There was no order in our football, the board were/are full of corrupt mother fakers that only take care of themselves. This way maybe we'll get ridd of them and get some serious people involved who will really take the wholle thing seriously and start working.
Yes, I agree on that. However our government should be blamed for this situation as well, because they seem to care more about the past than the future, these right-wing idiots.

This is an interesting read:
http://www.nkolimpija.com/htm/komentar.htm

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old June 1st, 2005, 10:40
International

Interesting read indeed, and it's absolutely right. Noone is doing anything for the situation to improove. Not even NZS, they only blindly follow the law.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old June 2nd, 2005, 02:19
Legend

OAnimal as I understand from your post a new club (Bezigrad) will be formed to basically resurect Olimpija? Can't they just eventually buy back the name (like Fiorentina) and be back in 2-3 seasons (how many levels in Slovenia anyway)? I'm surprised to hear no one comes to their games, in SFRJ they were the trademark of Slo football (or so it seems to me).
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old June 2nd, 2005, 02:32
©
International

That's very sad about Olimpija and I feel sorry for the fans.. Even Mura looked like an ambitious club a few seasons ago..
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old June 2nd, 2005, 06:20
International

Quote:
OAnimal as I understand from your post a new club (Bezigrad) will be formed to basically resurect Olimpija? Can't they just eventually buy back the name (like Fiorentina) and be back in 2-3 seasons (how many levels in Slovenia anyway)? I'm surprised to hear no one comes to their games, in SFRJ they were the trademark of Slo football (or so it seems to me).
You got it correctly. You know I was thinking about the same thing, about the new club Bezigrad eventually becoming a new Olimpija again in a few years, somehow. We'll see.

Also yes, Olimpija was our best club in ex Juga league, never really came close to the big four but was a decent club. It's hard to imagne that the very same stadium that was once full till the end, even over 20.000 fans, was now literraly empty for quite some years, with maybe some 200-300 fans turning out to see a game on a good day.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old June 2nd, 2005, 10:52 Thread Starter
Legend

Quote:
OAnimal as I understand from your post a new club (Bezigrad) will be formed to basically resurect Olimpija?
Can't they just eventually buy back the name (like Fiorentina) and be back in 2-3 seasons (how many levels in Slovenia anyway)?
You got it correct, new club named Bezigrad will be formed and they will take 200 youngsters from Olimpija to train them. I don't know if this will be done to resurect Olimpija but I don't think this will happen. Except for 200 Green Dragons, Ljubljana public is just too spoilt to care about football and they don't give a shit about having a club in 1. SNL.

Quote:
I'm surprised to hear no one comes to their games, in SFRJ they were the trademark of Slo football (or so it seems to me).
As I said, Ljubljana public is just too spoilt. When Olimpija played Liverpool or Espanyol in UEFA cup, the stadium was very close to sold out, meaning some 8000-9000 people. In the last season, their average attendance was about 500-600, even including the Maribor derby which usually draws a decent crowd of at least 5000. Ljubljana public want to see spectacles, I am sure Olimpija would have a decent crowd were they to play Crvena Zvezda, Partizan, Dinamo or Hajduk on regular basis, but an average Lj person just doesn't care to watch Bela Krajina or Zagorje or even Gorica. Also, the fact that Lj people know what was the situation in club and how it was ran also didn't help the attendance.

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old June 2nd, 2005, 10:54 Thread Starter
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinamovac11
That's very sad about Olimpija and I feel sorry for the fans.. Even Mura looked like an ambitious club a few seasons ago..
Yes, it is very sad, but unfortunately that is Slovenian football reality. Our NT remains the single bright point in our football. :depress:

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old June 2nd, 2005, 13:30
International

Quote:
You got it correct, new club named Bezigrad will be formed and they will take 200 youngsters from Olimpija to train them. I don't know if this will be done to resurect Olimpija but I don't think this will happen. Except for 200 Green Dragons, Ljubljana public is just too spoilt to care about football and they don't give a shit about having a club in 1. SNL.
Yes Bezigrad will now take over Olimpija's youth selections, but they, unlike the senior team, wont lose their spots in the leagues they play in.

About ressurecting Olimpija, maybe this could happen one day,but at the moment I really don't see it happening anytime soon.

Quote:
As I said, Ljubljana public is just too spoilt. When Olimpija played Liverpool or Espanyol in UEFA cup, the stadium was very close to sold out, meaning some 8000-9000 people. In the last season, their average attendance was about 500-600, even including the Maribor derby which usually draws a decent crowd of at least 5000. Ljubljana public want to see spectacles, I am sure Olimpija would have a decent crowd were they to play Crvena Zvezda, Partizan, Dinamo or Hajduk on regular basis, but an average Lj person just doesn't care to watch Bela Krajina or Zagorje or even Gorica. Also, the fact that Lj people know what was the situation in club and how it was ran also didn't help the attendance.

Even at that famous Liverpool game a few seasons ago the majority of attendance in the stadium was not from Ljubljana. Also this was the case when our NT was still playing in Ljubljana. This all indicates that there simply is no interest in football in Ljubljana.
Why should there be, I mean they are the capital city, no faking farmers to care about some primitive, "Balkan" sport football is. They have their theatres and operas and stuff like that.

Ljubljana is now probably the only capital in the world not to have a club in the first league. :thmbdown: Sad, sad, sad!

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old June 2nd, 2005, 13:32
International

Quote:
Our NT remains the single bright point in our football. :depress:
How very true! But thank God we have them to give us something to cheer about! :thmbup:

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old June 2nd, 2005, 13:33
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zvezda, Feyenoord and Serbia!
That's sad indeed!

What will happen to the Green Dragons now? Will they stick to basketball from here on?
post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old June 2nd, 2005, 15:24 Thread Starter
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drulo
What will happen to the Green Dragons now? Will they stick to basketball from here on?
Most likely, basketball and ice-hockey here and there.

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old June 2nd, 2005, 15:41 Thread Starter
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter BC
Even at that famous Liverpool game a few seasons ago the majority of attendance in the stadium was not from Ljubljana. Also this was the case when our NT was still playing in Ljubljana.
You're right to some point, but I still believe that on this kind of games there were a lot more Ljubljana people than on average Olimpija games.

Quote:
This all indicates that there simply is no interest in football in Ljubljana.
Not entirely true, some friends of mine from Ljubljana told me that they didn't care anymore about going to the games out of protest about how Olimpija was managed by these scums in their management.

Quote:
Why should there be, I mean they are the capital city, no faking farmers to care about some primitive, "Balkan" sport football is. They have their theatres and operas and stuff like that.
Nothing wrong with theatres and operas and I frankly don't believe they are even the slightest reason for lack of attendance in Olimpija games.
Besides, don't forget that "farmers" in Slovenia tend to prefer skiing and Atomik Harmonik over football.
But I agree that there are still many people here that think football is Balkan sport ( ) and that we, Slovenians are better than that. :rollani: :rollani:
This extremely arrogant attitude began slightly to change after we qualified for Euro and WC, but now it is again gaining momentum I believe...

Quote:
Ljubljana is now probably the only capital in the world not to have a club in the first league. :thmbdown: Sad, sad, sad!
Well, had this happened last year, we could at least compare ourselves to Brazil since their administrative capital Brasilia didn't have a team in division 1 either. But this year even this has changed, Brasiliense was qualified for the division 1...

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old June 3rd, 2005, 06:18
International

Quote:
You're right to some point, but I still believe that on this kind of games there were a lot more Ljubljana people than on average Olimpija games.
A lot more yes, but by a lot more I'd say 1000-2000 instead of the avarage 200-300.

Quote:
Not entirely true, some friends of mine from Ljubljana told me that they didn't care anymore about going to the games out of protest about how Olimpija was managed by these scums in their management.
Fak shuch supporters man. And who do theyprotest against in basketball and ice hockey, Tivoli is always empty, except for some extra class match where they'd tear the place appart. I still say that there is no reall sport spirit in Ljubljana otherwisse not all their clubs would be very much in Olimpijas rolle. Slovan handball team, Olimpija's womens handball team, Prule, Ljubljana, Olimpija even Olimpijas volleyball team. See the pattern there? This just cant be a coincidence.

Quote:
Nothing wrong with theatres and operas and I frankly don't believe they are even the slightest reason for lack of attendance in Olimpija games.
Besides, don't forget that "farmers" in Slovenia tend to prefer skiing and Atomik Harmonik over football.

But I agree that there are still many people here that think football is Balkan sport ( ) and that we, Slovenians are better than that. :rollani: :rollani:
This extremely arrogant attitude began slightly to change after we qualified for Euro and WC, but now it is again gaining momentum I believe...

Well you managed to get it all wrong there my friend :rollani: as I meant it all sarcasticly.
I do agree with you in the last two paragraphs, it's the truth, unfortunatly.

Quote:
Well, had this happened last year, we could at least compare ourselves to Brazil since their administrative capital Brasilia didn't have a team in division 1 either. But this year even this has changed, Brasiliense was qualified for the division 1...
That I didnt kow. :undecide:

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old June 15th, 2005, 09:11
Sheperdesque
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zeljeznicar & Chelsea
i just found out about this and can't believe it.. this is so sad..
But don't worry this isn't just the reality of Slovenian football it's the reality of how football is run in the Balkans (it's the blind leading the deaf) and that will become more and more appearnt over the next few years. Once proud clubs will roam the lower leagues or worse yet dissapear....

"I wanted to say we are like seljaks, not seljaks"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in