XXXIX Superbowl :) - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old February 7th, 2005, 23:53 Thread Starter
Premier Player

XXXIX Superbowl :)

Well, yesterday i decided 2 watch this "thing" live.....and i did it...i watched the whole match + the show during the half time live on tv...

And i must say it, i must admit it.....the americans know how 2 do it.....how 2 prepare a specatcle....a show....the show was great...

We simply cant comapre this final with champions league final (if we look at the CL final as major final in football & superbowl, the major final in american football)......the americans real know how 2 do it....

Well....1st when i was watching it, the 1st quarter was so boring and i didnt even know all the rules.... and the effective time was so "small", so litlle....but then it was fun....i just cant belive :silly: , i always thought how on the world, they can watch this crap....but it was quite ok.....and the SHOW....GREAAAT!!!

Just 4 the INFO.....New England Patriots won against Philadelphia Eagles....

p.s. i will watch also the next superbowl, cause im really curious what will they prepare 4 the 40th "birthday" of superbowl... :thmbup:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old February 8th, 2005, 01:45
Legend

Ha ha what's next, you gonna watch the world series? p

Although I know the rules (well, somewhat) and have played this game at school (where my first reaction was always to kick the ball) I don't understand how you brought yourself to watch the NFL. It's on TV all the time here but I find it so boooring
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old February 8th, 2005, 02:22
Xtratime Legend

welcome aboard man

i agree with you that americans know how to prepare a show hell the thing lasted 4 hours and normal games are only about 2 1/2.europe has to do something like this with the CL final or the World Cup final i mean we wait 4 years for the World Cup and then it ends in last then a month.the champions league final is the same the game starts and ends way to quickly i wish there was more show i know the most important thing is the game but we need to some how make it longer and have a bigger show like the halftime and afterwards the celebration.by the way the next super bowl is in detroit and the stadium is only 20 minutes from where i live so hopefully i can go to it.

Quote:
Although I know the rules (well, somewhat) and have played this game at school (where my first reaction was always to kick the ball) I don't understand how you brought yourself to watch the NFL. It's on TV all the time here but I find it so boooring
This is a Canadian speaking they find everything besides Hockey boring p

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old February 8th, 2005, 02:25
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
I heard in a few years Giants Stadium will host the Super Bowl
The game wasn't as good as in previous years.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old February 8th, 2005, 02:29
Legend

Who gives a f* about the show? When I watch the World Cup, I want football, not NSYNC & wardrobe malfunctions

Oh and Ambis FYI the CFL is quite popular in Canada (#2 after hockey) and the NFL gets a lot of coverage.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old February 8th, 2005, 07:14
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
I heard in a few years Giants Stadium will host the Super Bowl
They were thinking about it but they rejected it earlier this year and said that only warm weather places can host the game unless the game is played in a Dome, i kind of wish that they approved Giants stadium cause i like watching games in the cold especially when there is snow. :smileani:

Quote:
The game wasn't as good as in previous years.
I agree i thought last years game was better and more wide open but nothing beats the game 4 years ago when the Rams beat the Titans and it came down to the last second with the Titans coming up 1 yard short as time expired.

Quote:
Oh and Ambis FYI the CFL is quite popular in Canada (#2 after hockey) and the NFL gets a lot of coverage.
No CFL please, I know its popular and all but its horrible compared to the NFL maybe because im used to watching the NFL but every time i try to watch the cFL when they show it on CBC i just cant stand watching for more then a quarter even when i watched the Grey Cup this year.I know the NFL is popular in Toronto when i was there 5 years ago i saw tons of people wearing Favre jerseys,the NFL should expand to Toronto they have a good stadium in the Sky Dome and its only 7 home games a year so it wont be hard to sell out every game not to mention you could have a rivalry with Buffalo just like in Hockey.Anyaways back to the topic i dont think the NFL can be popular in Europe cause its just like Baseball you have to live in America to love them.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old February 8th, 2005, 08:25
©
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrija PFC
Who gives a f* about the show? When I watch the World Cup, I want football, not NSYNC & wardrobe malfunctions
Exactly. I don't want no half time show or crap like that in football. We don't need it.

The NFL needs it because the game is soooooo damn boring..
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old February 8th, 2005, 10:37
Legend

Teams: Slovenia, Brazil, Russia, Korea, Vasco da Gama
It's not boring, at least not for me. If you know the rules, then it's quite possible you like the game, because it is very aggressive and versatile game. I enjoyed the Superbowl very much, specially the first quarter, when there was no scoring. I prefer the score to be low in american football, so that you see great defenses and great tackling and many physical contacts, because that's what the game is all about.

But it's a pity that the Eagles didn't win it, damn Patriots...

Caipirinha: 6 €
Brazilian NT shirt: 70 €
Flight to Rio de Janeiro: 400 €
Seeing Italian NT kicked out of major tournament: PRICELESS

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
All NBA and NHL except Red Wings
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old February 8th, 2005, 10:41
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zvezda, Feyenoord and Serbia!
I understand the rules since I've played Madden NFL quite a few times, but this sport is nothing compared to the real thing, rugby!

Now that's a men's game.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old February 8th, 2005, 10:48
Legend

Nah, Aussie rules football is the men's game. Right James?

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old February 8th, 2005, 12:41
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by OAnimal
Nah, Aussie rules football is the men's game. Right James?
It is enjoyable to watch and play And it can be as rough as you like without consequences . . . except in the main league they have a tribunial But IMO nothing can compare to my beloved Football
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old February 8th, 2005, 15:06 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by OAnimal
It's not boring, at least not for me. If you know the rules, then it's quite possible you like the game, because it is very aggressive and versatile game.
True.....when i understood the rules, then it become fun....hehe....and i mean at least once a year i can watch NFL....cause here in Europe on cable tv u cant see NFL live, beside Superbowl....

Btw: Has anyone played NFL 2005 on Ps2?? Is it good??
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old February 8th, 2005, 15:09 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Quote:
Ha ha what's next, you gonna watch the world series? p

Hehe...no....well why not....i said 2 my self, i will watch it....and i did it... .....well thats it, as i said in previous post, i cant see NFL live here....maybe u find it boring, cause u see it all the time....
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old February 8th, 2005, 15:12 Thread Starter
Premier Player

And whats the difference in rules between NFL & Rugby??
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old February 8th, 2005, 15:19
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zvezda, Feyenoord and Serbia!
Well for one, rugby doesn't get stopped by the ref every 10 seconds or so, it's much more dynamic. Secondly, these NFL players are equiped as if they're gonna fight bears and not play sports. Which brings me to my last point, rugbyplayers are the toothless ones that play the sport for the love of it and not for the $$ like most NFL players seem to do.

Down with NFL, up with rugby!
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old February 8th, 2005, 15:33
Legend

IMO rugby is much more dynamic and fluid. Also Tok, the balls are different (the rugby ball is bigger and more like an egg whereas as the american football is smaller and more pointy), there are also different rules with respect to passing and throwing the ball and so on.

Anyways now that you've watched the NFL I'm sure you can catch a rugby match (something crazy like Scotland - Wales ) on Eurosport and compare.

Once on TV here they showed women's rugby. Those players were scary
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old February 8th, 2005, 15:34 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Hmmm..ok.....but what the difference in rules......maybe i could watch a rugby macth 2....yes i will watch a match, cause just now started the 6 nations cup....
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old February 8th, 2005, 15:37 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Quote:
IMO rugby is much more dynamic and fluid. Also Tok, the balls are different (the rugby ball is bigger and more like an egg whereas as the american football is smaller and more pointy), there are also different rules with respect to passing and throwing the ball and so on.

Anyways now that you've watched the NFL I'm sure you can catch a rugby match (something crazy like Scotland - Wales ) on Eurosport and compare.
Yes..i will .....i didnt know about the ball....i thought its the same...
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old February 8th, 2005, 15:38 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Quote:
Once on TV here they showed women's rugby. Those players were scary

Hahha...loool....
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old February 8th, 2005, 15:44
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tok87
And whats the difference in rules between NFL & Rugby??
There are way too many to be written in one simple post. Basically american football and rugby are two totally different sports, like basketball and handball.

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in