Zahovič leaves Benfica! - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 73 (permalink) Old January 12th, 2005, 06:34 Thread Starter
Star Player

Zahovič leaves Benfica!

Well, I had a feeling it would happen and it did . . . ZZ has exited Benfica and he is nwo a free agent. Hopefully he can find a good team to play for as we all know he deserves it Here are the articles:

Benfica bid farewell to Zahovic
Slovenian international Zlatko Zahovic has agreed to terminate his contract with SL Benfica by mutual consent.

Free agent
The midfield player has not travelled to Óbidos with the rest of the team, who are preparing for their next Portuguese SuperLiga match against Boavista FC having agreed a deal to leave the club and is now a free agent. "Benfica wishes Zahovic all the best in his future career and we thank him for his professionalism and commitment," the Lisbon club said in a statement.

Limited opportunities
Zahovic, who will turn 34 on 1 February, arrived at Benfica - who currently lie in fifth place in the Portuguese top flight, three points behind leaders Sporting Clube de Portugal, and face Russia's PFC CSKA Moskva in the UEFA Cup Round of 32 in February - in 2001/02 but was not always a first choice. His contract was due to expire at the end of the current season but, as he no longer figured in coach Giovanni Trapattoni's plans, it was decided to release him early.

----------------------------------------------------------

Zahovič zapustil Benfico!!!
Zlatko Zahovič, ki bo 1. februarja dopolnil 34 let, od danes naprej ni več član portugalske Benfice.
O tem že poroča tudi časnik Record, ki še dodaja, da bo Slovenec najverjetneje odšel na jugovzhod Evrope – možnosti naj bi bili Grčija, od koder ima Zlatko slabe izkušnje, in Turčija. Zahovič se je z Benfico, pogodba mu je veljala do letošnjega poletja, razšel sporazumno po dobrih treh letih, odkar je na Estadio da Luz prišel iz Valencie po sezoni 2000/01. Zlatko je v dresu Orlov ta čas odigral 80 prvenstvenih tekem in dosegel 14 golov. Letos je igral izredno malo, dosegel pa je štiri gole – vse v evropskih tekmovanjih. O nadaljevanju zgodbe boste seveda obveščeni tudi na Slovenskem nogometnem portalu!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 73 (permalink) Old January 12th, 2005, 06:58
International

Teams: SLOVENIJA & Arsenal
It was coming for a long time. There were rumours and now it happened, I'm wasn't even surprised, I could say that I even expected it to happen.

What to say about it, it's for the best, he's not good enough for Benfica anymore. His best days are over. I'd really like to hear now what those people have to say about his "brilliant" start when he was shining in the preparations to the season. People allready saw him back to the NT, and stuff like that.

I whis him all the best, hope he finds a decent club somewhere in Europe and doesn't go to some place like Qatar. p Even Maribor would be a better option, afterall he always said he's like to finnish his career in Maribor. Seriously, I hope he sticks arround for another year or two, but in a club appropriate to his present quality, so yes maybe Greece or Turkey would do just nicely.

Good luck Zaho!

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #3 of 73 (permalink) Old January 12th, 2005, 09:44
Rising Star

Teams: Udinese, SevillaFC, Gorica, ManCity
He could come back at home... Publikum? Gorica?

post #4 of 73 (permalink) Old January 12th, 2005, 12:04
Rising Star

Yeah right, he's gonna return to Slovenia and play for Publikum or Gorica.
post #5 of 73 (permalink) Old January 12th, 2005, 14:16
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter BC
It was coming for a long time. There were rumours and now it happened, I'm wasn't even surprised, I could say that I even expected it to happen.

What to say about it, it's for the best, he's not good enough for Benfica anymore. His best days are over. I'd really like to hear now what those people have to say about his "brilliant" start when he was shining in the preparations to the season. People allready saw him back to the NT, and stuff like that.

I whis him all the best, hope he finds a decent club somewhere in Europe and doesn't go to some place like Qatar. p Even Maribor would be a better option, afterall he always said he's like to finnish his career in Maribor. Seriously, I hope he sticks arround for another year or two, but in a club appropriate to his present quality, so yes maybe Greece or Turkey would do just nicely.

Good luck Zaho!

I fear it will be Qatar or The Emirates, though. As far as I know Zahovic, I expect him to go for some last quick cash before retiring.
post #6 of 73 (permalink) Old January 12th, 2005, 16:03 Thread Starter
Star Player

I have a feeling that his 'argument' with Trapattoni has more to do with his departure than his form. From what I heard he has been playing very well.
post #7 of 73 (permalink) Old January 12th, 2005, 17:03
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by binswhacker
I fear it will be Qatar or The Emirates, though. As far as I know Zahovic, I expect him to go for some last quick cash before retiring.
My thoughts exactly Bins. I mean, he'll turn 34 next month, there isn't much time left for him. I belive that most of the motivation has gone, so ... :rollani: We'll see.

Quote:
I have a feeling that his 'argument' with Trapattoni has more to do with his departure than his form. From what I heard he has been playing very well.
Sure it's becouse of his 'dissagreements' with Trap that he had to leave. But why did it came to that? My guess is that Trap realised that Zaho's time has passed and he didn't use him that much. Naturally Mr.One man Band thought the opposite, and there you have it. And than people talk about his caracter and how he's not a problematic person. :rollani:

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #8 of 73 (permalink) Old January 12th, 2005, 17:50
Legend

Teams: Slovenia, Brazil, Russia, Korea, Vasco da Gama
What's up, Walty, working in the afternoon shift?

Caipirinha: 6 €
Brazilian NT shirt: 70 €
Flight to Rio de Janeiro: 400 €
Seeing Italian NT kicked out of major tournament: PRICELESS

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
All NBA and NHL except Red Wings
post #9 of 73 (permalink) Old January 13th, 2005, 06:15
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by OAnimal
What's up, Walty, working in the afternoon shift?
Yes, I had a little something to do in the afternoon, so, naturally, I had to drop by. :smileani:

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #10 of 73 (permalink) Old January 14th, 2005, 06:31
International

There are rumours about him joining Maribor!?

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #11 of 73 (permalink) Old January 14th, 2005, 09:44
Legend

Quote:
There are rumours about him joining Maribor!?
Yep, but there are also rumours of him joining French side Caen.

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
post #12 of 73 (permalink) Old January 14th, 2005, 10:06
International

Yeah, but he was always saying what an proud Mariborcan he is. Also just yesterday I read that he said something like that playing for Maribor has nothing to do with the money.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #13 of 73 (permalink) Old January 14th, 2005, 12:23 Thread Starter
Star Player

If he wishes to finish his career now then he will play for Maribor . . . but last season he said that he feels he has at least another 2-3 seasons of good football left in him So hopefully he will play on for a while longer
post #14 of 73 (permalink) Old January 14th, 2005, 13:15
Legend

Quote:
Yeah, but he was always saying what an proud Mariborcan he is. Also just yesterday I read that he said something like that playing for Maribor has nothing to do with the money.
Yeah, but all football players say crap like this. I am sure that James is right, in my opinion, Zaho will not join Maribor, at least not yet.

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
post #15 of 73 (permalink) Old January 15th, 2005, 03:00 Thread Starter
Star Player

Well, maybe Walter is right

Pripravljeni so sponzorirati prihod Zahoviča

Prihod Zlatka Zahoviča v Maribor se zdi vse bolj verjeten. Sedemkratnim državnim prvakom se je tako že javilo slovensko podjetje, ki je pripravljeno sponzorirati prihod 33-letnega Mariborčana. Slednji je bil o tem že obveščen, saj je dr. Rudi Turk vendarle uspel priti v stik z našim nogometnim virtuozom, ki se je opravičil, ker zadnje dva dni ni bil dosegljiv. Dejal je, da je počaščen nad ponudbo Maribora, saj je vedno trdil, da si želi kariero končati v vijoličastem dresu. Zaenkrat se sicer še ni odločil, ali bo sprejel katero izmed zanimivih ponudb iz tujine (Galatasaray, Caen,…). Če bo katera izmed njih res zanimiva, se bo odločil zanjo, sicer pa se zna res zgoditi, da bomo najboljšega slovenskega nogometaša od samostojnosti do danes kaj kmalu videli na slovenskih prvoligaških travnikih.
post #16 of 73 (permalink) Old January 15th, 2005, 08:50
Star Player

Strange. Last thing I heard Galatasaray was close signing Stoica as well. How would they form a team with Stoica and ZZ?
post #17 of 73 (permalink) Old January 15th, 2005, 10:50
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by binswhacker
Strange. Last thing I heard Galatasaray was close signing Stoica as well. How would they form a team with Stoica and ZZ?
Maybe they intend to participate in K1 Turkish championship as well as in football one...

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
post #18 of 73 (permalink) Old January 15th, 2005, 11:27
Star Player

What's K1?
post #19 of 73 (permalink) Old January 15th, 2005, 12:48
World Class Player

kickbox like.

Well I hope he won't go to Caen, the club is not good and the city plus stadium are depressing. Galatasaray would be awesome for him, and afterwards (in 1 or 2 years) he can return home
post #20 of 73 (permalink) Old January 15th, 2005, 15:11 Thread Starter
Star Player

Hopefully he will get other offers from more clubs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in