After the autumn part of WC qualifiers - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old October 14th, 2004, 07:06 Thread Starter
International

Teams: SLOVENIJA & Arsenal
After the autumn part of WC qualifiers

So guys what can we say after the first four matches payed in the qualifiers? We defenetly mustn't be dissapointed, we got off the a start noone expected. 2 wins a draw and a defeat is our score in the autumn part of this qualifiers, 7 points. Maybe this latest defeat means that we can't rate it all with a perfect 10 but nonteless our bojs deserve all the credit for the things they've done so far. With a much changed and shuch a young team, little experience and all, we did really good! Bravo fantje! :thmbup:
Here is how the table looks like and our results so far:

Italy 4/ 3 /0 /1 /7/ 5/ 9
Norway 4/ 2 /1/ 1/ 6 /3 /7
Slovenia 4 /2 /1/ 1 /4/ 3 /7
Belarus 3/ 1/ 1/ 1 /8 /5/ 4
Scotland 3 /0/ 2/ 1/ 1/ 2 /2
Moldova 4/ 0 /1/ 3/ 1 /9/ 1

Slovenija 3 : 0 Moldavija
Scotland 0 : 0 Slovenija
Slovenija 1 : 0 Italy
Norway 3 : 0 Slovenija

We are in the run for atleast that second place, and we'll remain there even if Belarus wins against Scotland.
Now we must all wait and see what will yesterdays defeat mean for our team. I hope it came in the right time. Maybe our bojs got their heads to high in the clouds after the perfect start to the campaighn. Maybe they thought we are that good so that we can go all the way undefeated and unchallanged. Not so a? So hopefully this defeat will now bring them down to earth again, it's a good timing for that. We have now played four, three great matches played and the fourts and last we suffered a defeat. Now there's a a break for us untill march, so there's time for Brane and the bojs to rethink about the situation and come back hungry for success and ready to fight in the spring! Personaly I think it will be so, this defeat will be see as our saviour in the end.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old October 14th, 2004, 09:23
Legend

Teams: Slovenia, Brazil, Russia, Korea, Vasco da Gama
As I said on the other thread, I am very satisfied with our position so far.

Caipirinha: 6 €
Brazilian NT shirt: 70 €
Flight to Rio de Janeiro: 400 €
Seeing Italian NT kicked out of major tournament: PRICELESS

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
All NBA and NHL except Red Wings
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old October 14th, 2004, 11:37
Star Player

This is much better than I could have ever imagined before we started our qualifiers Sure we lost to Norway, which I kind of expected, but we were not at home and as long as we win there, all will be alright! The important thing is that we dont drop any points to Belarus (even though I know this will be hard) and Moldova away. They drew 1-1 with Scotland yesterday and Italy also had a rough time trying to put them out of the game when they won 0-1. Congratulations to all the guys for putting in a great couple of matches so far. In time they can only improve!

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old October 14th, 2004, 14:06
Legend

I wouldn't bet on not losing any points to Belarus, because they are very good team, I'd say better than Scotland right now with all the respect towards the Scots.

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old October 14th, 2004, 19:16
Star Player

I never said we would get all points against Belarus I see them as a threat, especially after their last few matches where they continue to perform well. The important thing is that we manage to get all 6 though
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old October 15th, 2004, 06:53 Thread Starter
International

Belarus will be a really tricky team to pay. I saw them against Italy and was really impressed. They are really good technically, fast, they play fluid football all over the pitch. Really, really good.
But as I said inthe other thread, we always find it a lot easier to play against shuch technicall teams (Italy) like they are. Plus we also always do well against the teams that come from the east. Just think how we played against Russia, Ukraine, Romania, SCG, Hungary, hell I'll even dare to name Croatia here. There is just something about those teams that suits us. And that's good. I mean if we do have a negative tradition with the scandinavian teams, we certainly have a positive one with easterners.
Of course we mustn't take them easy, we now have to come back down to Earth and realise that without everyone giving their maximum, we simply can't win. Against anyone!

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old October 17th, 2004, 00:14
Premier Player

Im very happy without the Nor-SLo match...hehe.....it was so good 2 be in Celje against Italy so my vote is 8,5 for 1st four matches.....

Our next match against Belorussia at home is a must win 4 us...

FORZA RAGAZZI!!! :thmbup:
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2004, 06:27 Thread Starter
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tok87
FORZA RAGAZZI!!! :thmbup:
So Tok, you actually support the macaronis?

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2004, 09:09
Premier Player

Nope..why?
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2004, 10:03 Thread Starter
International

Quote:
Nope..why?
So what the fak do you use "forza ragazzi" for?

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2004, 17:36
Premier Player

for our guys....
post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2004, 18:41
Legend

I wouldn't like to be rude, but how would it feel if one would use a phrase "Idemo momci" to cheer for our guys?

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old October 19th, 2004, 06:33 Thread Starter
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by OAnimal
I wouldn't like to be rude, but how would it feel if one would use a phrase "Idemo momci" to cheer for our guys?
Exactly!

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old October 19th, 2004, 07:10
Star Player

He is still cheering for our guys though . . . so I dont see a big problem It is the same as me saying in english "Go Slovenia!", isn't it?
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old October 19th, 2004, 08:09 Thread Starter
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZS
He is still cheering for our guys though . . . so I dont see a big problem It is the same as me saying in english "Go Slovenia!", isn't it?
No not quite James. You see, you're an Australian Slovene, it's OK for you to say Go Slovenija, but even you use it very rarely. You try to cheer in Slovenian, and that's the point.
'Forza ragazzi' is how another team is cheerd for, and accidentally this team is concidered as one of the main 'enemies' of our team, and even more accidentaly we are in the same qualifying group, plus not to mention that it's not in our mother language. In fact it's in the language of a country that has opressed our country and people and especially our language and culture for so long in the past that it really isn't appropriate to support our beloved team in that language.

Sorry for this outburst and mixing some politics in it, but I just wanted to make my point clear enough. It's a very touchy subject, for me atleast.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old October 19th, 2004, 10:11
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter BC
No not quite James. You see, you're an Australian Slovene, it's OK for you to say Go Slovenija, but even you use it very rarely. You try to cheer in Slovenian, and that's the point.
I understand

Quote:
'Forza ragazzi' is how another team is cheerd for, and accidentally this team is concidered as one of the main 'enemies' of our team, and even more accidentaly we are in the same qualifying group, plus not to mention that it's not in our mother language. In fact it's in the language of a country that has opressed our country and people and especially our language and culture for so long in the past that it really isn't appropriate to support our beloved team in that language.
I can see where you are coming from on this, and I can also see why it would upset you. I dont know much about the situation of Koper (where Tok lives) but would I be correct to assume that most people there also speak Italian as well as Slovene? If this is so, then it could just be second nature for Tok to cheer our team like that. I am not trying to say that we should cheer Slovenija in that way, as I dont believe we should, but rather that maybe Tok was unaware that it would offend anyone because it is used commonly over there in Koper.

Quote:
Sorry for this outburst and mixing some politics in it, but I just wanted to make my point clear enough. It's a very touchy subject, for me atleast.
This is clearly understandable Walter :smileani:
post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old October 19th, 2004, 11:17 Thread Starter
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZS
I can see where you are coming from on this, and I can also see why it would upset you. I dont know much about the situation of Koper (where Tok lives) but would I be correct to assume that most people there also speak Italian as well as Slovene? If this is so, then it could just be second nature for Tok to cheer our team like that. I am not trying to say that we should cheer Slovenija in that way, as I dont believe we should, but rather that maybe Tok was unaware that it would offend anyone because it is used commonly over there in Koper.
You are right in everything you say James. I'm well aware of how people live in Koper and that Italian is their second language and everything. And no it doesn't offend me, but I do find it inappropriate to suport our National Team in a foreign language. Tok may use it to support his Koper, that's fine, but I find the situation with the NT somewhat different.
And I stand by this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZS
This is clearly understandable Walter :smileani:
Thanks for understanding.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old October 19th, 2004, 11:28
Star Player

Quote:
You are right in everything you say James. I'm well aware of how people live in Koper and that Italian is their second language and everything. And no it doesn't offend me, but I do find it inappropriate to suport our National Team in a foreign language. Tok may use it to support his Koper, that's fine, but I find the situation with the NT somewhat different.
And I stand by this!
Thats all fine Maybe Tok was unaware that it would offend you and that is why he wrote it
post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old October 19th, 2004, 19:42
Premier Player

Mah....what did u do about one word...loool

true NZS, i speak italian good as slovenian......and on our games, as Walter said we always cheer Forza Ragazzi....we & Ribari do that.....so no big deal...
post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old October 20th, 2004, 06:29 Thread Starter
International

Quote:
Mah....what did u do about one word...loool
Yeah, I guess I've been following to much politics lately. :rollani:

Quote:
true NZS, i speak italian good as slovenian......and on our games, as Walter said we always cheer Forza Ragazzi....we & Ribari do that.....so no big deal...
As I said Tok, I don't see nothing wrong with it when you use it to support your club, but when it comes to our NT I'm strongly against it!

Anyway guys, lets not further ruin this thread. I've benn wanting to ask you this for a whille now.
Which of our players did impress you the most so far in the qualifiers?
I have to say Matej Mavric really impressed me. I was like what whenBrane caled him to the team, but he really worked out great. He's solid at the back, strong in the air, all in all very good, especially when partnered by Knavs.
Also Andrej Komac is a great refreshment, he's fast, never gives up, flies arround like crazy all the time, really works hard. :thmbup:
In a way also Seslar, he surprised me with really matured performances, he's routined and works well.
Of course there's no use in mentioning Mile and Nastja here, as they finnaly really came alight.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in