13.oktober WC qualifier, Norway - Slovenija - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 59 (permalink) Old October 11th, 2004, 07:52 Thread Starter
International

Teams: SLOVENIJA & Arsenal
13.oktober WC qualifier, Norway - Slovenija

So guys after a marvelous victory agains Italy we must now focuss on Norway. The bojs must forget about that wonderfull saturday and look up for wednesday. It's another very difficult game ahead. Against an even tougher opponent from our point of view. We never seemed to do well against Norway. If I remember correctly we have so far played three, lost two and drew one. OK in two of those matches we were close, especially in that Euro 2000 qualifier in Ljubljana when they won so luckyly 2:1 and against the run of play. In the return match they destroyed us by 4:0. In the Euro 2000we were than in the same group and we drwe 0:0 in a poor game, where if I may say, we were slightly better.
So the tradition is against us, but traditions are there to be broken.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 59 (permalink) Old October 11th, 2004, 09:21
Star Player

Well said Walter (and welcome back) We must really focus now for this game as if we lose Italy can reclaim their position at the top, depending on other results. I watched the game Scotland - Norway and Norway were the much better team there, especially after McFadden was sent off. I would think that if we can draw away here it is another step in the right direction, but if we could win we would be in 'dream-land' As always I hope for the best, and I think after the performance on saturday, anything is possible! GREMO SLOVENIJA
post #3 of 59 (permalink) Old October 11th, 2004, 09:30 Thread Starter
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZS
Well said Walter (and welcome back)
Thanks for the welcome, but you know how it is. Weekend and I don't have internet at home. Otherwisse I'd come by sooner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZS
We must really focus now for this game as if we lose Italy can reclaim their position at the top, depending on other results. I watched the game Scotland - Norway and Norway were the much better team there, especially after McFadden was sent off. I would think that if we can draw away here it is another step in the right direction, but if we could win we would be in 'dream-land' As always I hope for the best, and I think after the performance on saturday, anything is possible! GREMO SLOVENIJA
Brane said he'll now rest the bojs in order to prepare them for Norway. it's obvious that another difficult game awaits us, but undoubtebly our bojs can do it. They'll again have to be at their best, but they can do it!
A draw in Norway would be fantastic!

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!

post #4 of 59 (permalink) Old October 11th, 2004, 16:11
World Class Player

I've heard that traditionally Slovenia don't do well against Norway but I'll bet they don't traditionally do well against the big guns of Europe like Italy and now they have beaten them. They must take heart from this and if Slovenia win in Norway they are very close to a Germany trip next year, or at least a play-off.
Scotland have played both teams and we would both teams very good opponents and probably they were both better than us on the night- although not by a massive amount. Alot of people think Slovenia looked better than Norway but I'd say they looked different. Slovenia look like a better technical side whereas Norway were more physically powerfull- dangerous from set-plays and crosses.
I think it will be a very good game and probably a draw. A draw would be a better result I think for Slovenia than Norway as Scotland are finiding out you must win your home games. If Slovenia take 4 points from the two games I'd imagine that will be a very good week.
post #5 of 59 (permalink) Old October 11th, 2004, 18:31
Legend

Teams: Slovenia, Brazil, Russia, Korea, Vasco da Gama
Well, this is a kind of game, where I won't be surprised by any result. We had hard times playing Scandinavian teams in the past, so we could well get beaten this time again, specially if the referee will tolerate many fouls that they do in the air game, like it was the case last time we played in Norway and got our asses thrashed by 4:0. But we are in a good state of form, Acimovic and Ceh are playing great, defense looks solid too, and it's hightime for Siljak and Dedic to produce some goals as well, so we may pull a surprise win there too. And when victories of both teams are possible, a draw is possible as well.

Caipirinha: 6 €
Brazilian NT shirt: 70 €
Flight to Rio de Janeiro: 400 €
Seeing Italian NT kicked out of major tournament: PRICELESS

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
All NBA and NHL except Red Wings
post #6 of 59 (permalink) Old October 11th, 2004, 19:34
Rising Star

What's your squad and where do your players play? And possible line-up?

This is our squad:
Keepers:
Espen Johnsen (Rosenborg)
Thomas Myhre (Sunderland)

Defenders:
Andre Bergdølmo (Borussia Dortmund)
Erik Hagen (Vålerenga)
Jon Inge Høiland (Malmö FF)
Vidar Riseth (Rosenborg)
Claus Lundekvam (Southampton)
Ragnvald Soma (Brann)

Midfielders:
Martin Andresen (Stabæk)
Ardian Gashi (Vålerenga)
Magne Hoset (FC København)
Tommy Svindal Larsen (Nürnberg)
Morten Gamst Pedersen (Blackburn)
John Arne Riise (Liverpool)
Petter Rudi (Molde)
Jan Gunnar Solli (Rosenborg)
Alexander Ødegaard (Sogndal)
Jan Derek Sørensen (Lyn)

Strikers:
Frode Johnsen (Rosenborg)
Sigurd Rushfeldt (Austria Wien)
John Carew (Besiktas)
Steffen Iversen (Vålerenga)

And this is the line-up I'd prefere:

Johnsen

Bergdølmo --- Hagen --- Lundekvam --- Riise

Sv. Larsen --- Andresen
Solli-----------------------------Hoset

Iversen
Carew
post #7 of 59 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2004, 06:34
Sheperdesque
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zeljeznicar & Chelsea
I've just got one thing to say: 'we beat them last year and you will this year'
Good luck! Nabusite ih, mi smo s vama!!!

"I wanted to say we are like seljaks, not seljaks"
post #8 of 59 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2004, 06:36 Thread Starter
International

Like you said chivo, we are a different side to Norway. So two different teams with different styles will clash tomorrow. They are tall, strong, physical, not to mention much more internationaly experienced.
We on the other hand I belive are technicaly superior, faster, more agressive team, with youthfull passion and with that great, great heart of ours.
It will be a really tough match, and a draw for us would be great! But we won't go into the game searching for one, we will go out to win it, it's the only way this team can play!
Sure as we allready pointed out, the history and tradition is against us, and yes we normaly don't do so well against the scandinavians. But lets just look into those results against Norway. First we played them almost exactly 6 years ago (10.10.1998) in Ljubljana and yes we lost 1:2, but in a game that we very much dominated, and a lost was really what we didn't deserve. In the return match next year it does seem like they got us good, and they did 4:0 it was, but that result hides a lot. We were playing against a very good Norwegian side, their fans and the referee. We were cut down to ten men early in the game (I belive it was Istenic that got sent off), the refs were so damn biased, we just had to loose that game. True also, we didn't play well that day. And than at Euro 2000, a pretty lousy game that ended 0:0 but in which I belive we had a little edge over the Norwegians. It doesn't sound that impressive any more, now does it.
Not to mention that I belive that Norwegian side was a much better one. OK so were we some will say, but I actually belive this team has more chances to beat the Norwegians than any before them. We just need to play our game, not let the Norwegians to force us their style of play. We must keep it cool, play our style, fast, always going forward, keep the ball down, agressive. Add the great team spirit and that Triglav like heart to it, some luck and there you have it! Why not! We can do it, defenetly with an attitiue and approach our bojs are showing.

What will outr team look like? I think we will see some changes, I heard on the radio that Brane is thinking to play like this:

-----------------------B.Mavric-------------------------

------Pokorn-----M.Mavric-----Cesar----Mitrakovic------

Komac--------Sukalo-------------Seslar--------------Ceh

------------------Acimovic------------------------------

--------------------------------Siljak--------------------

Of course it's also possible he'll go with two strikers, in that case Sukalo would be left out, meaning only three in the midfeld and Dedic would go to partner Siljak upfront. But I think he'll start off with that one I gave there, a bit more defensive, offers more security, and than latter on, especially in case of unfavourable resuly ha'd try with atleast one more striker, most likely Dedic.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!

Last edited by Walter BC; October 12th, 2004 at 06:42.
post #9 of 59 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2004, 10:13
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter BC

-----------------------B.Mavric-------------------------

------Pokorn-----M.Mavric-----Cesar----Mitrakovic------

Komac--------Sukalo-------------Seslar--------------Ceh

------------------Acimovic------------------------------

--------------------------------Siljak--------------------
I think that Karic will play as left back and not Mitrakovic, who is a central defender.

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
post #10 of 59 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2004, 10:29 Thread Starter
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by OAnimal
I think that Karic will play as left back and not Mitrakovic, who is a central defender.
Hey this didn't come from me, it said on the news that Brane is concidering playing Cesar as central defender and Mitrakovic instead of Karic as the left back. I guess Brane wants to field taller defense which would cope better with the strong and tall Norwegians.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #11 of 59 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2004, 10:29
Rising Star

Teams: Inter, Liverpool, Kaiserslautern
I think Walter got it quite right, Oblak said he needs tall defenders against Norway plus he wasn't satisfied with Karic on saturday....then again, who was :>

YNWA
post #12 of 59 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2004, 10:33 Thread Starter
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldopf
I think Walter got it quite right, Oblak said he needs tall defenders against Norway plus he wasn't satisfied with Karic on saturday....then again, who was :>
Werlcome ronaldopf. :smileani: You're a Slovene? Anyway welcome to the place.

Yes indeed, that's what it said.

About Karic, I wasn't that dissapointed with him, OK there were some of those trade mark dribblings of his, but otherwise I thought he did quite well ... than again who didn't?

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #13 of 59 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2004, 10:39
World Class Player

Yes, the referee could be the key to this one. As you know Scotland are a physical team and the referee at Saturday's game was very weak which helped both teams. Scotland's Paul Dickov was very lucky that the referee didn't send him off as he had a number of very bad tackles and head-to-head with Norwegian players. Norway got a break too and maybe something Slovenia should look for. Whenever a player got the ball in the Norway box he the defender had their arms around the player and this is something I saw a penalty awarded for in Euro 2004 (against Italy I think). Some referees will give a penalty for thid and some will not.
Slovenia have already proven how good they are defensively, even without the regular back two, as they have played three and kept a clean sheet in each game. Against Scotland I don't think Norway troubled us too much in terms of chances at goals- and neither did we. The main Norway threat I see is that Carew and Iversen are both very good in the air so set-plays and crosses are the big danger. The best way to snub this threat is to stop the crosses in the first so the guys on the right and left flanks will have an important job- I can't remember Norway trying to attack through the centre of the field.
The two different styles of football make this game a hard one to call and it could go either way but it will be very tight. Norway have taken the lead first in all 3 of their games so far so Slovenia will have to keep it tight early on. This should be a very good game.
post #14 of 59 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2004, 10:40
Legend

Quote:
Hey this didn't come from me, it said on the news that Brane is concidering playing Cesar as central defender and Mitrakovic instead of Karic as the left back. I guess Brane wants to field taller defense which would cope better with the strong and tall Norwegians.
OK, I apologize then. But I think that fielding a central defender instead of left back is always a bad idea, because central defender is not used to play on the flank and running so much up and down the field. Plus Karic is not that bad in the air game himself.

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
post #15 of 59 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2004, 10:54 Thread Starter
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by OAnimal
OK, I apologize then. But I think that fielding a central defender instead of left back is always a bad idea, because central defender is not used to play on the flank and running so much up and down the field. Plus Karic is not that bad in the air game himself.
No worries my friend!
I don't know at what position does he play at Domzale but I did hear that in the past he also played as midfielder so maybe he's familliar with paying aslo as the left back. Plus I doubt Brane would do shuch stupidities and Prale did and force the players to play out of their positions.
Also I agree with you on Karic, for his height he's quite good in the air too, plus we must not forget how he always digs really hard, giving everone the toughest time possible. His weaknesses are leaning to dribbling in the most impossible of moments and speed. In terms of speed I can imagine him having problems with the lokes of Carew, but otherwisse I can't see why he could't do what he usually does, destroy everbody.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #16 of 59 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2004, 15:18
Rising Star

I think you've got it a bit wrong about the height of the Norwegian players tho. A midfield we proberbly play is with Svindal Larsen and Gashi in central. These are players a little bit more than 170 in height. The only giant is Carew (however it's not 100 % sure that he'll play from the start), and the other good header (who wins almost everything in the air) is Iversen and he's 1.85. Tall, but not a giant, and he doesn't have v much muscles..
We have got a new manager, so the style is different. You'll see a far more attacking Norway than you were used to. On away pitch like against Scotland it's of course impossible to go out attacking from the start. We played decent but on home pitch I think you'll se a more "playing" and attaking Norwegian team. All the Flos (all thee of them) are gone. But of course, we can't change the players. I'd say we play more like Denmark plays now (without comparing these two teams).

Where does Sukalo play btw? I remember always buying him in the CM03/04. A great CM/DM, with great work rate.

EDIT: According to the todays training this is the likely line-up:
Myhre

Bergdølmo --- Hagen --- Lundekvam --- Riise

Sv. Larsen --- Andresen
Solli-----------------------------Pedersen

Iversen
Carew

Almost the same team as I wanted. Don't think Myhre and Pedersen are good enough tho...
post #17 of 59 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2004, 17:40
Star Player

Well, Slovenia's flying on the enthusiasm of saturday, so without pressure and in a winning mood, anything can happen. A point would be wonderful already, but as they play, the guys can easily go for 3 as well. Hopefully Mitrakovic can repeat his performance from saturday.
post #18 of 59 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2004, 18:22
Premier Player

Lets go Slovenia lets go!!!!

I say 0:1 with a goal from Mile...SLOVENIAAAAAAAAA :thmbup:
post #19 of 59 (permalink) Old October 13th, 2004, 06:27 Thread Starter
International

Yes Bins, the fact that we dont have the burden of victory on our shoulders could be an very important factor in this one. On the other hand Norway must win, even a draw wouldn't be that good for them. For us a draw would be great.
One thing is sure, we now have seven points which is more than we could hope for after three matches being played. So our bojs can really go into this one without any pressure upon them. Of course they mustn't relax too much, and they won't take it too easy, afterall they are sportsmen and professionals and winning is their main goal. But being undurdend is very important and our bojs could come up flying on the pitch.

Quote:
I think you've got it a bit wrong about the height of the Norwegian players tho. A midfield we proberbly play is with Svindal Larsen and Gashi in central. These are players a little bit more than 170 in height. The only giant is Carew (however it's not 100 % sure that he'll play from the start), and the other good header (who wins almost everything in the air) is Iversen and he's 1.85. Tall, but not a giant, and he doesn't have v much muscles..
We have got a new manager, so the style is different. You'll see a far more attacking Norway than you were used to. On away pitch like against Scotland it's of course impossible to go out attacking from the start. We played decent but on home pitch I think you'll se a more "playing" and attaking Norwegian team. All the Flos (all thee of them) are gone. But of course, we can't change the players. I'd say we play more like Denmark plays now (without comparing these two teams).
Well sorry if I got it wrong, but traditionally your players are tall and strong so I presumed this is the case this timearround too. I'll take your word on it.
About your style of play though, I really didn't see any big changes there, the wholle thing may look a bit more attacking yes, but still the same old style. Long through balls, set pieces and stuff like that, typical Norway. That's the impression I got anyway. Of course there's nothing wrong with that.

Quote:
Where does Sukalo play btw? I remember always buying him in the CM03/04. A great CM/DM, with great work rate.
He plays at Unterhaching, German second Bundesliga.

Man people I'm really nervous about it, don't know how I'll manage it through the day. :nervous: I whish it was 19.00 allready! :nervous:

GREMO SLOVENIJA!

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #20 of 59 (permalink) Old October 13th, 2004, 09:49
Legend

Quote:

Man people I'm really nervous about it, don't know how I'll manage it through the day. :nervous: I whish it was 19.00 allready! :nervous:
[/B][/COLOR]
Don't wish that, because you have still 4 hours to work and would miss all the game.

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in