8.september WC qualifier Scotland - Slovenija - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 131 (permalink) Old September 6th, 2004, 06:54 Thread Starter
International

Teams: SLOVENIJA & Arsenal
8.september WC qualifier Scotland - Slovenija

Guys only four days after our oppening victory we'll be at it again. This time it will be somewhat differwent, it's Scotland. A gret team, but lately in a sort of crisis. Can we take advantage of that, with this yong team in the full Hampden park? With a performance like the one on saturday, sure! :thmbup:
I belive Brane will set the team a little bit different, bnot so attacking minded, but still we won't just sit back, we have too much capable players upfront to do that. Just play with that same great fighting spirit and determination and heart and desire, and all will be fine!

GREMO SLOVENIJA!

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 131 (permalink) Old September 6th, 2004, 09:04
Legend

Teams: Slovenia, Brazil, Russia, Korea, Vasco da Gama
I just hope that the guys will not get afraid of the great atmosphere at the Hampden Park. I would be happy with a draw, but with some luck I guess we can pull a major upset in this game. But nevertheless, Scotland are favourites in this game.

Caipirinha: 6 €
Brazilian NT shirt: 70 €
Flight to Rio de Janeiro: 400 €
Seeing Italian NT kicked out of major tournament: PRICELESS

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
All NBA and NHL except Red Wings
post #3 of 131 (permalink) Old September 6th, 2004, 10:21 Thread Starter
International

Of course the Scots are the favourites in this game, no doubt about it. And they too have a good result going into this game, they tied with Spain in a friendly, and apparently they played some very good football. Still though our boys surely can pull it off. I have no doubts about that!

What do you think, how will Brane play this time? This is the line up he used agains Moldavija:

-------------------B.Mavrič------------------

---Pokorn---M.Mavrič--------Knavs---Karič---

Komac--------------Sešlar----------------Čeh

--------------Ačimovič-----------------------

---------Dedič-------------Šiljak---------------

I doubt he'll go with the same attacking oriented team, so I wonder what will it be.
Here is my guess at how it might look like:

-----------------------B.Mavrič----------------------------

--Pokorn/Tanjič----M.Mavrič---Knavs---------Karič----------

Komac-----------Šukalo-------------Sešlar-------------Čeh

----------------Ačimovič-----------------------------------

-----------------------------Šiljak--------------------------

He'll have to strenghten the defensive part of the game, as it represented a problem against Moldavija,not that big but a better and more experienced team like Scotland could take advantage of it. That's why I think he'll put in Šukalo who's tall and strong and thus could do well with the Scottish styly of play. He'll probably also try with just one striker Šiljak, with Mile being the support striker.

Anyway, we stand a chance!

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!

post #4 of 131 (permalink) Old September 6th, 2004, 11:00 Thread Starter
International

Super Greens Top Group Five

Great result for Scotland on Friday before the rain came doon.... But it all started for real on Saturday when Norway, Italy, Moldova and the Mighty Green and Whites started their World Cup campaigns. And while those of us in Scotland lamented the fact that there was nae Hoops gemme this weekend, the Commander of the FC of Slovenija and a humble civil servant (who, incidentally, remains one of the very few honorary members of the original FC) made their way to Celje to see their homeland thump three past Moldova and go right to the top of Group Five.

Somewhere in that shit-hole to the south the grease-monkeys scraped a two-one victory against the vikings (hmmmm, weren't they the last team other than the world champions to beat us in Slovenija?) but back home in the green and pleasant land a young man from Ljubljana showed the world (and, I hope, Mr O'Neill...) just what he's still got to offer.

Watch out Scotland - Mile (or as we'd say over her, "Meelay") Acimovic (Acheemovitch, ok?) is back. A hat-trick from the (new) golden one was more than enough to see off the stinkers from Moldova (wherever that is....) as a perfect preparation for Wednesday's visit to Glasgow.... Maybe we should be thinking about making Milenko's visit permanent.... Well, we can live in hope, can't we?

But if we can't hope to have Mile any time soon at least the Monster and Karlo will be here next week. Sadly, Tone's boss came the funny bugger and put the mockers on his trip but we'll be flying the Friday Club flag on Wednesday night for him, Vanda and the bhairns. And with confidence high in the Scotland camp (hey, they scored a goal against Spain....) it should be just wonderful to see the Mighty Greens take the pure piss. Here's hopin' anyway....

Hail, hail - we'll be expectin' Hoopy support in the away end on Wednesday!

--------------------------------------------------------

Here's a little somethng form Glasgow Celtic's fans - Friday Club - site.

For other stuff just go to

www.fridayclub.co.uk

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #5 of 131 (permalink) Old September 6th, 2004, 12:07
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter BC
Of course the Scots are the favourites in this game, no doubt about it. And they too have a good result going into this game, they tied with Spain in a friendly, and apparently they played some very good football. Still though our boys surely can pull it off. I have no doubts about that!

What do you think, how will Brane play this time? This is the line up he used agains Moldavija:

-------------------B.Mavrič------------------

---Pokorn---M.Mavrič--------Knavs---Karič---

Komac--------------Sešlar----------------Čeh

--------------Ačimovič-----------------------

---------Dedič-------------Šiljak---------------

I doubt he'll go with the same attacking oriented team, so I wonder what will it be.
Here is my guess at how it might look like:

-----------------------B.Mavrič----------------------------

--Pokorn/Tanjič----M.Mavrič---Knavs---------Karič----------

Komac-----------Šukalo-------------Sešlar-------------Čeh

----------------Ačimovič-----------------------------------

-----------------------------Šiljak--------------------------

He'll have to strenghten the defensive part of the game, as it represented a problem against Moldavija,not that big but a better and more experienced team like Scotland could take advantage of it. That's why I think he'll put in Šukalo who's tall and strong and thus could do well with the Scottish styly of play. He'll probably also try with just one striker Šiljak, with Mile being the support striker.

Anyway, we stand a chance!
I'm afraid you'll be giving away a lot of space on the left then. Hopefully, Brane thinks of a plan that will prevent them from using that.

But judging on the recent performnaces should go for at least a point and more if possible.

Slovenia Gre Naprej!

post #6 of 131 (permalink) Old September 6th, 2004, 12:20 Thread Starter
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by binswhacker
I'm afraid you'll be giving away a lot of space on the left then. Hopefully, Brane thinks of a plan that will prevent them from using that.

But judging on the recent performnaces should go for at least a point and more if possible.

Slovenia Gre Naprej!

On what left? Our left, where Nastja and Karič would be?

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #7 of 131 (permalink) Old September 6th, 2004, 12:28
Star Player

Quote:
On what left? Our left, where Nastja and Karič would be?
Yes, Karic could come to face man more situations if Nastja cuts in too much. Don't know if he did that on saturday, though that shouldn't cost you against Moldavia. Against Scotland, that will be different, though.
post #8 of 131 (permalink) Old September 6th, 2004, 12:48
Star Player

Well, I think we stand a real chance in this match. If the players go in looking at it the right way and are not intimidated by the crowd in Scotland, we could possibly even take all 3 points. I dont want to speculate to much, just hope for the best
post #9 of 131 (permalink) Old September 6th, 2004, 13:00 Thread Starter
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by binswhacker
Yes, Karic could come to face man more situations if Nastja cuts in too much. Don't know if he did that on saturday, though that shouldn't cost you against Moldavia. Against Scotland, that will be different, though.
Yes, you are right there Bins. That side could be exposed yes as Nastja isn't the defensive minded player and Karic is - well Karic. But I trust in him, he did well this time, and the new rolle suits him better I think than being on the flank. He has enough experience and routine to play good enough there as the LB. Plus he's the reall fighter in our team, we don't call him 'bager' (caterpillar )for nothing. Nastja could be a bigger problem defensive wise, but I hope his offensive play will cover for that. :smileani:

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #10 of 131 (permalink) Old September 6th, 2004, 15:42
Premier Player

Well...this will be the real test 4 us.......as i already said.....i would be happy with 1 point.....and im still of the opinion, that we can play also in Scotland with two strikers + Acimovic....why not.....it better 2 play 3:3 then 0:0 ...heee...joke...but its a litlle of tru in that sentence...

Go SLOVENIJA.....

I say 0:1....Acimovic of course :nervous:
post #11 of 131 (permalink) Old September 7th, 2004, 06:28 Thread Starter
International

Hmm, maybe we will really show up with all three starting. On yesterdays Končnica Brane said he didn't order any defence and that we will never play defensive minded, we will always go for it! :thmbup: Not only in this match but in all our future ones. He said something like that it's the worst thing going into the game with defending on your mind, if the opponent pushes you into the position when you have to defend fine, but otherwise no way. So judging by his statements we really might go out very much the same as we did against Moldavija. That would be a brave effort I must say.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #12 of 131 (permalink) Old September 7th, 2004, 06:47
Star Player

I agree We have to go out there and attack as we can't win the game by defending, and we are more than capable of taking the 3 points if we score
post #13 of 131 (permalink) Old September 7th, 2004, 07:05 Thread Starter
International

You are right James, I'd rather if we do lose that we go down fightinlg like men, not like pussies! :fero: Therefore :thmbup: for Oblak and our boys for not even concidering about the defensive game. I do realise this might lead to a catastrophy but as I said, if we play bravely I can't hold anything against our boys!
We must continue in the way we started the thing off, playing attractive, fast, agressive, attacking football, football for the soul!

Forget the past and the dark ages of our football - the Prale era! :thmbdown:

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #14 of 131 (permalink) Old September 7th, 2004, 07:38
Rising Star

Teams: Udinese, SevillaFC, Gorica, ManCity
SCOTLAND

Goalkeepers
Craig Gordon (Heart of Midlothian)
David Marshall (Celtic)
Scott Shearer (Coventry City)

Defenders
Russell Anderson (Aberdeen)
Gary Caldwell (Hibernian)
Malcolm Mackay (Norwich City)
Jackie McNamara (Celtic)
David McNamee (Livingston)
Steven Pressley (Heart of Midlothian)
Andy Webster (Heart of Midlothian)

Midfield
Colin Cameron (Wolverhampton W.)
Barry Ferguson (Blackburn Rovers)
Darren Fletcher (Manchester United)
Gary Holt (Norwich City)
Richard Hughes (Portsmouth)
Gary Naysmith (Everton)
Stephen Pearson (Celtic)
Nigel Quashie (Portsmouth)

Forwards
Stephen Crawford (Plymouth Argyle)
Paul Dickov (Blackburn Rovers)
Andy Gray (Sheffield United)
Kevin Kyle (Sunderland)
James McFadden (Everton)
Kenny Miller (Wolverhampton W.)
Steven Thompson (Rangers)
post #15 of 131 (permalink) Old September 7th, 2004, 08:59
Premier Player

Unlike Moldava, Scotland is thé game to see how ready our boys really are. I think and hope that we do well, how could anything go wrong with that super win from a few days ago that should give them wings ... or at least a new couple of leggs Read that our defence was a bit shaky on times, so that should be what our boys should work on.
post #16 of 131 (permalink) Old September 7th, 2004, 09:13 Thread Starter
International

Hej, where the hell were you woman? p

This one we'll play with no defence at all, it will be an all out attack. They'll never know what hit them!

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #17 of 131 (permalink) Old September 7th, 2004, 09:17
Premier Player

Quote:
Hej, where the hell were you woman? p

This one we'll play with no defence at all, it will be an all out attack. They'll never know what hit them!
Burried under problems

LOL always lovely to see your excitment Tell me something, do you keep still for one second during the NT games and is there a like a minute where you are like quiet? p
post #18 of 131 (permalink) Old September 7th, 2004, 09:26 Thread Starter
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by nina
Burried under problems
Aha, just had to ask you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nina
LOL always lovely to see your excitment Tell me something, do you keep still for one second during the NT games and is there a like a minute where you are like quiet? p
It's always very loud, siting still in the couch is out of the question of course. Usualy when at home I watch it alone, as noone else wan't to be in the same room with me than, they all run out. They say it's unbarrable. :rollani: p
I remember when watching that famous play off against Ukraine, the returna match in Kyiev and when we went a goal down I went mad, I totaly lost it. Jumped on the table in the liveing room so that it cracked, shouted like crazy, swearing and stuff. :fero: And than when we finnaly equalised I went the opposite way, I was dellirious, jumped all over the place, the table again, even the neighbour from two floors above me came rhushing down, asking if everything is allright.

So there you have it, it's something like that. :dielaugh:

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #19 of 131 (permalink) Old September 7th, 2004, 09:31
Star Player

Walter, that reminds me of what I did when we scored against Croatia I was celebrating a bit too much and woke my parents . . . and they were not too happy and Welcome Back Nina
post #20 of 131 (permalink) Old September 7th, 2004, 09:41
Premier Player

Thanks dear

Quote:
It's always very loud, siting still in the couch is out of the question of course. Usualy when at home I watch it alone, as noone else wan't to be in the same room with me than, they all run out. They say it's unbarrable. :rollani: p
I remember when watching that famous play off against Ukraine, the returna match in Kyiev and when we went a goal down I went mad, I totaly lost it. Jumped on the table in the liveing room so that it cracked, shouted like crazy, swearing and stuff. :fero: And than when we finnaly equalised I went the opposite way, I was dellirious, jumped all over the place, the table again, even the neighbour from two floors above me came rhushing down, asking if everything is allright.

So there you have it, it's something like that. :dielaugh:
:dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: I can very well picture that

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in