4.september WC qualifier Slovenija-Moldavija - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 111 (permalink) Old August 25th, 2004, 08:52 Thread Starter
International

Teams: SLOVENIJA & Arsenal
4.september WC qualifier Slovenija-Moldavija

That time is coming closer, next saturday our team kicks off in the WC 2006 qualifiers against Moldova. Our team did well in last wednesady's friendly against SCG so what can we expect from this new young reprezentanca in the first reall - qualifying match and the wholle qualifiers? Again I'll say the expectations mustn't be too high, but what I want to see is that spirit they showed last week, the same fighting and approach, I want to see this, game in game out, everytime! With that I'm sure our team can't dissapoint, as games will go by they'll get to know eachother more, they'll learn more and will play better. But without the Heart and the Spirit we can't do much. That's why I want this and Brane will give it to us!

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 111 (permalink) Old August 25th, 2004, 11:38
Star Player

With the current form, this should be a rather easy win. Most important will be to keep it up until after the Scotland game.
post #3 of 111 (permalink) Old August 25th, 2004, 12:17 Thread Starter
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by binswhacker
With the current form, this should be a rather easy win. Most important will be to keep it up until after the Scotland game.
It should be yes, but this will be a different story to that SCG friendly. OK the opponent isn't in the class of SCG but this is for reall now. It will be interesting to see how will the team respond now, when certain pressure will be present. We should defenetly beat Moldavija I think we are that much better even with all the changes we went through. I just hope the youngsters won't be up in the clouds after their good performances against SCG and will get to the buisness like we saw them do it last week.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!

post #4 of 111 (permalink) Old August 25th, 2004, 12:32
Star Player

Hopefully a very nice win to boost their confidence before that match in Scotland. They musn't get carried away after the draw last week like you said Walter, and it will be nice to see some more names on the score sheet hopefully this time around

I was also getting very anxious about our NT jerseys so I emailed trigi.si and they said that before the end of the week they will be posting some news on our jerseys and what is happening with them Just thought I would tell you all.
post #5 of 111 (permalink) Old August 25th, 2004, 12:39 Thread Starter
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZS
Hopefully a very nice win to boost their confidence before that match in Scotland. They musn't get carried away after the draw last week like you said Walter, and it will be nice to see some more names on the score sheet hopefully this time around
Right James. :thmbup: A win, any win really, would be a nice confidence booster before the more difficult matches! lets hope our boys will get it right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZS
I was also getting very anxious about our NT jerseys so I emailed trigi.si and they said that before the end of the week they will be posting some news on our jerseys and what is happening with them Just thought I would tell you all.
I gave up on that. :undecide:

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #6 of 111 (permalink) Old August 25th, 2004, 12:56
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter BC
I gave up on that. :undecide:
I did too for a while, but then I started to wonder what the hell was going on so I emailed them yesterday and they replied already So we could have new jersey's being worn for our match against Moldova, hopefully they aren't crap
post #7 of 111 (permalink) Old August 25th, 2004, 14:40
Premier Player

Well all I know is that we should partner up Šiljak with someone and not play him alone in the attack.
post #8 of 111 (permalink) Old August 25th, 2004, 14:47
Star Player

Maybe Dedic It seems most views on his performance were positive
post #9 of 111 (permalink) Old August 26th, 2004, 06:43 Thread Starter
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by nina
Well all I know is that we should partner up Šiljak with someone and not play him alone in the attack.
Defenetly Nina. He seemed a bit lost on wednesady. Looks like he's not in the form from last season, but what's also true is that he didn't get to many usefull balls to him. But partnering him up with Dedic, or anyone elso would give us more edge. Atleast I belive we can afford this against Moldavija.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZS
Maybe Dedic It seems most views on his performance were positive
How couldn't they be James, he did great.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #10 of 111 (permalink) Old August 26th, 2004, 06:52
Star Player

That is good to know So I am looking forward to seeing Dedic and Šiljak up front then Does anyone know when Oblak will name the squad, or will he just be calling up the same players as our match against Srbija?
post #11 of 111 (permalink) Old August 26th, 2004, 07:02 Thread Starter
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZS
That is good to know So I am looking forward to seeing Dedic and Šiljak up front then Does anyone know when Oblak will name the squad, or will he just be calling up the same players as our match against Srbija?
I don't know James when will he name the squad, but I imagine that one of this days, maybe today even, as the assembley of the team is on monday allready. Who will he call up I don't know of course.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #12 of 111 (permalink) Old August 26th, 2004, 07:09
Star Player

I suspect ZZ wont be called, and if he isn't then it is over for him in the NT Nastja should be, especially after his 2 goals for Brugge yesterday and Mile also who scored for Lille in extratime when they won the Intertoto Cup during the week
post #13 of 111 (permalink) Old August 26th, 2004, 07:11 Thread Starter
International

Totaly agree with you on that mate! :thmbup:

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #14 of 111 (permalink) Old August 26th, 2004, 07:47
Premier Player

Hey what's up with Cime? Saw him play yesterday for Olimpija, you think he will be called up into the NT?

Two strikers up-front and Mile and Nastja behind them ... :drool: *mouthwathering*
post #15 of 111 (permalink) Old August 26th, 2004, 08:02 Thread Starter
International

Hmm, I don't know. Somehow I doubt Oblak will call him on one match bassis. He'll wait and than see how things work with Cime, if there will be no further injuries to him (how unlikely is that :rollani: ) he defenetly has a chance. Of course only Brane knows...

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #16 of 111 (permalink) Old August 26th, 2004, 11:05
Premier Player

Lets say that Cime will be alright and then we have Šiljak and Dedič ... which of this three would make the most deadly attack-duo. I'm kind of curious to see Dedič and Cime. Dedič has speed and power and Cime has the finess
post #17 of 111 (permalink) Old August 26th, 2004, 11:09 Thread Starter
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by nina
Lets say that Cime will be alright and then we have Šiljak and Dedič ... which of this three would make the most deadly attack-duo. I'm kind of curious to see Dedič and Cime. Dedič has speed and power and Cime has the finess
I'd go for Šiljo and Dedič from the start, and than latter on in nothing came of it I'd pull out one of the two to sub him with Cime. In my eyes Cime was never fit enough to play the wholle match, one half at the most.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #18 of 111 (permalink) Old August 26th, 2004, 11:20
Star Player

I'd also go for Šiljak and Dedič before Cime. He doesnt play enough to get the nod before either of those two IMHO
post #19 of 111 (permalink) Old August 26th, 2004, 11:27 Thread Starter
International

Spot on James.

Anyway here is the line up I'd use as I allready put it up the the other thread:

-----------------------Borut Mavric-----------------------

------Tanjic------Knavs-----Matej Mavric/Cesar---Kokot---

Koren/Komac-----Acimovic--------Ceh---------Karic/Pokorn

--------------------Šiljak--------Dedic--------------------

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #20 of 111 (permalink) Old August 26th, 2004, 11:30
Star Player

That looks like a great lineup to me :thmbup: What are the chances that Oblak will put Ceh in as a substitute again

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in