18.august Slovenija - Srbija/Crna Gora friendly - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 125 (permalink) Old August 2nd, 2004, 08:09 Thread Starter
International

Teams: SLOVENIJA & Arsenal
18.august Slovenija - Srbija/Crna Gora friendly

Well it's coming closer, only two weeks till than. I'm allready getting nervous about it. Not that much about the game itself, well that too, but more becouse I'm really interested to see what will Brane come up with. Who will he call up, who will he drop of the team. How will he set the team up. The biggets question is defenetly, will he call Zaho? At the moment it looks as though he'll be forced to.
In short many things are to be seen. What do you guys think?

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 125 (permalink) Old August 2nd, 2004, 11:10
Legend

Teams: Slovenia, Brazil, Russia, Korea, Vasco da Gama
We will lose, simple as that.

Caipirinha: 6 €
Brazilian NT shirt: 70 €
Flight to Rio de Janeiro: 400 €
Seeing Italian NT kicked out of major tournament: PRICELESS

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
All NBA and NHL except Red Wings
post #3 of 125 (permalink) Old August 2nd, 2004, 11:15 Thread Starter
International

Nice to see you being so optimistic!

BTW, will you go to the game?

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!

post #4 of 125 (permalink) Old August 2nd, 2004, 12:18
Star Player

Why the pessimism, OAnimal? The Serbs haven't been that great recently, so why not?

Anyway, this is mostly still a searching phase, so results aren't that important either. Hope Botonjic gets 90 minutes though.
post #5 of 125 (permalink) Old August 2nd, 2004, 12:26
Star Player

I hope we win This is a personal derby for myself as my father is Serb and my mother Slovene Of course Im cheering for Slovenija and I hope we manage a very nice result Apparently, according to trigi.si Oblak is supposed to call the players on August the 9th, so we must wait until then
post #6 of 125 (permalink) Old August 2nd, 2004, 13:07 Thread Starter
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZS
I hope we win This is a personal derby for myself as my father is Serb and my mother Slovene Of course Im cheering for Slovenija and I hope we manage a very nice result Apparently, according to trigi.si Oblak is supposed to call the players on August the 9th, so we must wait until then
James, make sure you watch it togather with your mother and father.

Really I hope we do good in that game. Not meaning I demand a victory, but that we make some progress in regard to what we last saw under Prale. Of course we can't expect any miracles, this will be Branes first game, but a step forward is what I expect.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #7 of 125 (permalink) Old August 2nd, 2004, 13:08
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter BC
James, make sure you watch it togather with your mother and father.

Really I hope we do good in that game. Not meaning I demand a victory, but that we make some progress in regard to what we last saw under Prale. Of course we can't expect any miracles, this will be Branes first game, but a step forward is what I expect.
And what would you consider a step forward then?
post #8 of 125 (permalink) Old August 2nd, 2004, 13:20 Thread Starter
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by binswhacker
And what would you consider a step forward then?
Now you got me!

Well:

First I'd like to see some young, fresh faces included into the team and consecutively some older ones droped from the team.

One important thing I actualy demand from Brane to do is to restore the "myth" of Reprezentanca - NT. That every player who will pull on that sacret jersey will give his everything and more in it. And not like it was in the latter stages under Prale when you got the impression the players were in the team more due to the need and not from their desire to play for the NT.

Than naturaly I want us to start playing football again, meaning play attacking football where you always play to win and not not to lose. To again gain that winning spirit we once owned.

All that being said, again I don't expect us to do miracles in the upcoming qualifiers. But we need to make a cut, to make a fresh start, to prepare our team for the future, possibly allready for Euro 2008.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #9 of 125 (permalink) Old August 2nd, 2004, 13:26
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter BC
Now you got me!

Well:

First I'd like to see some young, fresh faces included into the team and consecutively some older ones droped from the team.

One important thing I actualy demand from Brane to do is to restore the "myth" of Reprezentanca - NT. That every player who will pull on that sacret jersey will give his everything and more in it. And not like it was in the latter stages under Prale when you got the impression the players were in the team more due to the need and not from their desire to play for the NT.

Than naturaly I want us to start playing football again, meaning play attacking football where you always play to win and not not to lose. To again gain that winning spirit we once owned.

All that being said, again I don't expect us to do miracles in the upcoming qualifiers. But we need to make a cut, to make a fresh start, to prepare our team for the future, possibly allready for Euro 2008.
Good points, I agree on all of them. Although there are probably a number of certainties who will be the basis of the team in the coming years: Mile, Nastja, Cime, Siljak, Knavs,... correct me if I forgot someone.

And as you said interesting to see who will be close to the squad: Bontonjic, Dedic, Kokot,...?
post #10 of 125 (permalink) Old August 2nd, 2004, 13:37 Thread Starter
International

Quote:
Good points, I agree on all of them. Although there are probably a number of certainties who will be the basis of the team in the coming years: Mile, Nastja, Cime, Siljak, Knavs,... correct me if I forgot someone.

And as you said interesting to see who will be close to the squad: Bontonjic, Dedic, Kokot,...?
You are there about Bins. Defenetly you are spot on with Mile, Nastja and Knavs. However Cime's time I'm affraid is running out and I don't see him making too much of an impact anymore. I whish I'm wrong though. Šiljak is over 30 too, and may have another qualifying cyclus in him. We defently need to look up for our future forwards.

Who are the future for the NT, we mentioned quite some names in anther thread, defenetly Botonjic, Dedic, Semler, there are also Morec a defender for Sturm Graz, Brecko a midfielder for Hamburg, I'm sure there are more, but I'm not that much into that area so I can't really say. It's Branes and his teams job to find them out and offer them the chance to prove themselves.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #11 of 125 (permalink) Old August 2nd, 2004, 13:39
Star Player

True. Surely, he'll closely be following these players, as well as Sisic.

btw, where will the game be played? Serbia or Slovenia?
post #12 of 125 (permalink) Old August 2nd, 2004, 13:47 Thread Starter
International

Quote:
True. Surely, he'll closely be following these players, as well as Sisic.

btw, where will the game be played? Serbia or Slovenia?
It will be played in Ljubljana/Bežigrad. This will be some sort of a fairwell game for the stadium where our team enjoyed so much success.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #13 of 125 (permalink) Old August 2nd, 2004, 13:48
Star Player

Aha, where will the new stadium be located then?

And what will be it's name?
post #14 of 125 (permalink) Old August 2nd, 2004, 14:30
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zvezda, Feyenoord and Serbia!
I'm looking forward to this one as well.

The main problem with our team is that so far we've had little to no preparations for WC qualifying. But I do think we can field a very strong team on paper, it's just that players usually need to time to adjust to eachother.

Our youngsters will be at the olympics, so you won't be able to see our pride and joy in action but I have no doubt all the other regulars will be present.

Best of luck and may there finally be a winner between us!
post #15 of 125 (permalink) Old August 2nd, 2004, 14:54
Star Player

When is the Serb selection announced?
post #16 of 125 (permalink) Old August 2nd, 2004, 15:02
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zvezda, Feyenoord and Serbia!
Dont have a clue, our FA isn't exactly a well organized machine, so a few days before the match seems most likely.
post #17 of 125 (permalink) Old August 2nd, 2004, 15:59
Legend

Well, as far as I know, the SCG (Serbia & Montenegro) national team kept the coach (don't remember his name), who did very well in the last few qualifying matches for Euro2004. He called some new names and they played with a lot of motivation and heart despite having little chances to qualify. So I guess that they will field more or less the same squad which did very well (they outplayed Italy in Belgrade) and that have played some competitive matches together.

On the other hand, this will be our first match under Oblak guidance, so we can expect that he will call some new players which haven't yet played together. They will need time to adapt to each other. Considering that SCG players are usually technically better than our own, I can hardly see the match ending any different than with a victory for SCG. Which is not necessarily bad.

On the other, if Oblak decides to call the same players as Prasnikar did (which played many matches together) , we will lose too.

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
post #18 of 125 (permalink) Old August 2nd, 2004, 20:16
Star Player

That all depends, really. 11 individuals with a good technique don't make a good team, you know.
post #19 of 125 (permalink) Old August 2nd, 2004, 20:58
Legend

Quote:
That all depends, really. 11 individuals with a good technique don't make a good team, you know.
True, but I've seen the some of the last SCG national team matches and they always looked like a good team, not just 11 good individuals. If they don't beat us now, when we are at the beginning of the creation of completely new NT (at least I hope so), then when will they beat us?

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
post #20 of 125 (permalink) Old August 2nd, 2004, 21:20
Star Player

Well, I guess that all depends on the amount of pressure on Oblak and how gradual his renewal will be.

I don't know much about the Serbs NT, to be honest, just that they had some pretty painful losses some time ago. But they're in our WC qualifiersgroup, so it'll be educational, I guess.p

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in