Prašnikar's fairwell atlast? - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2004, 11:40 Thread Starter
International

Teams: SLOVENIJA & Arsenal
Prašnikar's fairwell atlast?

It's been written in Delo that the NZS board will meet to discuss Prašnikar's future. I sure hope he'll be sacked! Somehow he manages to deliver failure after failure!:fero:

Bring on Lucky!

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2004, 11:56 Thread Starter
International

Here is the article I found on that:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nogometna reprezentanca: se Bojan Prašnikar poslavlja?

Burna nogometna seja

V četrtek se bo sestal sekreteriat NZS in odločal o usodi selektorja Kandidati za naslednika: Gugolj, Oblak, Katanec ...

Ljubljana - Poraz slovenskih nogometašev v lanskih dodatnih kvalifikacijah za EP s Hrvaško, trije letošnji v prijateljskih tekmah s Poljsko, Latvijo in Švico, še bolj pa slabe predstave so pod vprašaj postavili nadaljnje delovanje selektorja Bojana Prašnikarja. V četrtek se bodo namreč sestali predsednik Rudi Zavrl, podpredsedniki Marko Ilešič, Tone Frantar, Alojz Kovačič, Tugomir Frajman in Črtomir Špacapan ter generalni sekretar Dane Jošt, ki bo odločil o tem, ali bo Prašnikar še na čelu reprezentance.

Očitno je, da gre za dokočni obračun s preteklostjo oziroma z dogodki na SP v Južni Koreji in po lanskem novembrskem dvoboju z našimi južnimi sosedi. Kaže, da Prašnikarjevemu menjavanju rodov, iskanju ustreznega igralnega modela in selekciji igralcev ne verjamejo več. Sekreteriat NZS bo, potem ko bo pretehtal rezultate, stanje v moštvu in perspektive povlekel poteze. Scenarijev je več, pri čemer kot glavnega omenjajo naslednjega: da bo Prašnikarja začasno zamenjal starosta slovenskih nogometnih trenerjev Olimpije Nedjeljko Gugolj, ki je med drugim vzgojil Oblaka, Popivodo, Amerška, Katanca ... V tej vlogi naj bi 71-letni strokovnjak do konca leta po malem že postavil temelje za njegovega naslednika. Prvi kandidat je Srečko Katanec, ki je bojda že sprejel takšen scenarij, vendar pod pogojem, da bo prost, saj mora do junija pretehtati ponudbi dveh klubov iz tujine. Drugi kandidat pa je sedanji selektor mlade reprezentance Brane Oblak.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The board will meet on thursday when they will evaluate Prašnikars work and results and finaly decide on his future. It seems that this will be the final encounter with the past from WC 2002 and the events afterwards and the lost in the qualifications agains Croatia. Looks like NZS doesnt trust his work, change of generations, playing system changes anymore.
There are more possible scenarion but it looks like one is the most likely to happen: Prašnikar would be temporary replaced by 71 year old ex coach of Olimpija Gugolj (raised Oblak, Katanec, Popivoda, Ameršek...) who would set the foundations for his successor. The top candidate than is Katanec who allegedly allready accepted this scenario, but under the condition that he'll be free than as he has two club offers to concider. The other candidate ib Oblak, the current youth NT selektor.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now this is more like it, I hope something will come of it!

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2004, 06:22
Premier Player

So do I Walter, so do I It's time to get our football back on it's feet and make it sport #1 again! For that we definitely need a coach with more balls, which Prašnikar obviously is not. There will always only be one capable for that job: Srečko Katanec. If they want to wrap up his coming-back with another man to prepair everything, it's fine with me, just as long as he's returning for the WC qualifications. That said, I want all the older guys out of our team!

Brane Oblak I guess wouldn't be bad as well, but we need him for our youngsters as we have soo much potencial there right now and I don't want a guy that would mess-up things there, so he should stay where he is.

Naprej Slovenija! Naprej Srečko!

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2004, 06:45 Thread Starter
International

Well said Nina!

My thoughts exactly. First sack Prale, and than consecutively all the oldies! It's that simple! Zaho, Pavlin, Simka, even Karic, time to say goodbye! I'm sure we all have lots of respect towards those guys and for everything they've done for us, for our football, for our country. Great, Thank you guys! But their time has come and they should give way to younger.
And above all you said it well, we need a selektor with balls! Also someone with authority, someone who'd bring back discipline and order - the simple hierarchy - Selektor - players! Someone who'd lead the players by an example in whom they'd see an ideal!

And there can only be one - Srecko Katanec!

Now even if Lucky does come back, I wouldn't expect miracles, but I would be certain of one thing: The boys would always give their all and everything on the pitch, their hearts, sweat, everything! And isn't that what we all want and expect from our team. I could excuse them a loss but not the wrong attitude! That's the keye factor, to have players who are willing to die for the sacred NT jersey!

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2004, 06:51
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally posted by Walter BC
Now even if Lucky does come back, I wouldn't expect miracles, but I would be certain of one thing: The boys would always give their all and everything on the pitch, their hearts, sweat, everything! And isn't that what we all want and expect from our team. I could excuse them a loss but not the wrong attitude! That's the keye factor, to have players who are willing to die for the sacred NT jersey!
Soooo true! This is the thing I have been missing the most since Srečko left :broken: Only saw it once with Prale, at the beginning against Italy ... or was that because guys were still influenced by Katanec
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2004, 06:57 Thread Starter
International

Quote:
Originally posted by nina
Soooo true! This is the thing I have been missing the most since Srečko left :broken: Only saw it once with Prale, at the beginning against Italy ... or was that because guys were still influenced by Katanec
That must have been that yes!

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2004, 07:12
Premier Player

Teams: Loving Arsenal, like Palermo
This is not gonna be good. Katanec will come back? He has to much EGO to coach a team, we need foreign coaches (like Lothar Mathaus). Katanec has done his job as slovenia coach, it's time to move on.

I have a lot of respect for Katanec as a coach, but as a human, he seems crap to me (he is in love with himself), and i will never forgive him for his crying in a press conference (he should never let this argue to come out, he just wanted that people would feel sorry for him). Shame on him!

Prasnikar can comunicate with players, but doesnt have a lot of coaching skills.

Victoria Concordia Crescit - Victory grows out of harmony
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2004, 07:24
Premier Player

Welcome to the forum black

Hmm I can't say I agree with you. Of course Srečko is a bit proud, but I believe that his 'ego' as you said it has never interfeared with wishing all the best for the team. What happend is WC I don't want to talk about, as it's history and both parties involved were guilty.

I also don't believ that Praša communicates well with the team, I mean sure there are no up-sets, but that's because players do all the talking and Praša only listens, which is WRONG ... the coach has the first and the last word.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2004, 07:38
Premier Player

thank you for the nice welcoming

Katanec is history, he did his job (make slovenia big in football), but there is no sense in him coming back. We need somebody else. Somebody with a lot of charisma, someone that players will follow, someone who could talk to them, and listen to their wishes... Katanec allways said: My way, or the high way. That is wrong! He is an excelent coach, but all he needs is a little comunication. For example: Katanec would never be able to coach a big club (real, manchester), because nobody would have respect for him, he is uncapable to create relanshionship with players like all the big coaches do.

post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2004, 07:59
Premier Player

The methods of coches are different and if I'm not mistaken Srečko's seemed to work. There were problems with only one player from the team and excuse me if I question him first and not the coach. I know Katanec is not a saint, but as long as he does his job (lifting up the team, make them play as a team, bring home the wins etc.) I don't care if he acts like a total prick.

I'm totally against a foreign coach, as we are way too close-minded to let that work out good.
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2004, 08:05 Thread Starter
International

Hay and welcome Black! You're Slovene? And a gunner? Welcome to stay and enjoy!

But right off I must dissagree with you! OK you are not tottaly off, you are right about Srecko being a difficult and troubled person, to a point I agree here. His ego I high yes, rightfully so! Because of that he got us where he did, because he refused to belive there were any better teams outthere, because he implanted the winning mantality to the heads of our players! We need that! And admit it or not, his way always prooved the right way!

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2004, 08:43
Premier Player

O.k. i admit that Katanec made revolution in slovenian football, but with a lot of luck (srecko - lucky), I don't think he will be able to repeat that.

If he does come back, PLEASE don't put Osterc back in team, I think you all know why. And PLEASE let Siljak be in the team.

Arsenal 4ever (everytime I watch them play, I allmoast get tears in my eyes - Pure magic)!!! When will Slovenia play like them????????

post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2004, 13:37
Star Player

Welcome Black, and enjoy the stay

ZZ wasnt the only player to have trouble with Katanec, but Siljak also That said, my opinion is this:

Whats best for our country should be done, and not what is best for the players. If Katanec comes back, then so be it, I'm 100% positive we would improve a whole new level in terms of playing. If it is time for our stars of old to leave, that should be done also (Yes, I include Zahovic in this list of old stars). I dont want to see that players are out of the team though just because they have a disagreement with Katanec, this should never be a step taken, especially if they are important players. There must be alternate methods to punish a player other than expulsion from the NT.

Anyways, that said, nothing is sure yet, so lets not go getting ahead of ourselves We have a great future in front of us and whether or not Prašnikar stays or goes Im sure we will succeed in football We just have to be patient.
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2004, 13:51 Thread Starter
International

I'm really full of expectation to see what the fat faks at NZS will decide tomorrow! They have a chance to repair some of the damage that has been done - also due to their crapy decisions and lack of balls.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2004, 06:43 Thread Starter
International

Zarota?

Selektor slovenske nogometne reprezentance Bojan Prašnikar je ogoročen nad tem, da ga želijo določeni odstaviti pred koncem mandata.

Bojan Prašnikar v teh dneh brez dvoma nima veliko privržencev. Slovenska nogometna reprezentanca je namreč pod njegovim vodstvom neuspešno naskakovala evropsko prvenstvo, bila za nameček poražena s strani največjih rivalov Hrvatov, zatem pa doživela še tri zaporedne poraze v prijateljskih tekmah. Kljub temu pa selektor ostaja neomajan in pravi: "Mandat bom opravil do konca." V pogovoru za časnik Delo je tudi povedal, da na Nogometni zvezi Slovenije (NZS) ne bo na sporedu izredno zasedanje sekretariata kolegija predsednika NZS, pač pa zgolj običajna analiza dela v vseh selekcijah. "Vse je čista laž," o namigovanjih o njegovi odstavitvi meni Prašnikar. Slednji očitno še vedni živi v preteklosti, saj je za Delo povedal tudi naslednje: "Kaj imam z dogodki v Južni Koreji? Sem mar bil tam? Glavnega krivca pa nihče ni pokazal."

Ne gre mimo tega, da Prašnikar očitno ni na isti valovni dolžini z navijači, ki so z njegovim delom sila nezadovoljni: "Vse, kar se dogaja, nima nobene zveze z realnostjo." Po njegovem mnenju naj bi bili za kritike, napade, pritiske in obtoževanja odgovorni v Ljubljani, kjer naj bi bilo središče negativno. "Težko je delovati in ustvarjati v takšnem vzdušju, lahko pa rušiti vsevprek," je novinarju Dela Gorazdu Nejedlyju še povedal selektor.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Prašnikar says that's it's all a lie and that it is a part of conspiracy to overthrone him!

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2004, 06:45 Thread Starter
International

Danes odločitev o Prašnikarju!

Od "mondiala" šest zmag, sedem porazov in trije remiji

Kot je sporočil generalni sekretar in predstavnik za stike z javnostjo pri NZS, Dane Jošt, bo kolegij predsednika Rudija Zavrla, dnevni red ima šest točk, na sporedu, kot smo na Slovenskem nogometnem portalu pravilno poročali, jutri ob 18. uri v prostorih zveze na Čerinovi v Ljubljani. Ena izmed točk naj bi bila tudi razrešitev Bojana Prašnikarja s položaja selektorja A reprezentance, o kateri bodo poleg Zavrla, ki je predsednik, odločali tudi podpredsedniki Marko Ilešič, Tone Frantar, Alojz Kovačič, Tugomir Frajman, Črtomir Špacapan ter generalni sekretar Dane Jošt.

Bralcem naše in vaše strani smo pripravili tudi pregled zadnjega obdobja po svetovnem prvenstvu, odkar izbrano vrsto spet vodi mož iz Šmartnega ob Paki.

Naši so v tem času odigrali 16 tekem. Dosegli so 6 zmag, 3 remije in 7 porazov. Gol razlika je 21:25, pri čemer so nam po 5 golov nasuli Francozi (oktobra 2002 v Parizu) in Švicarji (lani v Gorici).
Od 6-ih zmag je Slovenija dve dosegla proti Malti, po eno pa proti Izraelu, Cipru, Madžarski in nenazadnje Italiji (ob Prašnikarjevem vnovičnem "debiju" avgusta 02' v Trstu). Remije smo dosegli proti Izraelcem, Ciprčanom in Hrvatom, porazili pa so nas Francozi in Švicarji po dvakrat ter tudi Hrvatje, Poljaki in Latvijci.
Zadnja zmaga je bila dosežena že davnega 6. septembra proti Izraelu, od takrat pa smo nanizali kar 7 tekem brez uspeha in z le 4-imi doseženimi goli, od tega z dvema na povsem nepomembni tekmi s Ciprom. Od teh 7-ih tekem so bile 4 tekme kvalifikacijske, 3 pa prijateljske.

Podatki, ki smo jih zbrali, kažejo da naši, razen senzacionalne zmage v Trstu, od svetovnega prvenstva l. 2002 pravzaprav niso premagali nobene od boljših reprezentanc. Resda v zadnjem obdobju niti nismo igrali z veliko takimi, a vseeno verjetno nihče ne dvomi v to, da smo sposobni za nekaj več. Kje so časi, ko so padle Ukrajina, Češka, Rusija, Švica, Romunija in druge? To gotovo ni moglo biti naključje, kot tudi ne remiji proti Jugoslaviji (trikrat), Rusiji, Norveški…

-------------------------------------------------------

Interesting statistics!

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2004, 07:26
Premier Player

OMG! :eekani: It's even worse when you see it black on white! :frownani: He has to go!
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2004, 08:08 Thread Starter
International

Exactly!

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2004, 11:17 Thread Starter
International

I have a really bad feeling about this today!:nervous: Prale will stay!

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2004, 22:45
Premier Player

Óle óle óle! He's been sacked!

Viva Slovenija!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in