Prašnikar stays - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old December 15th, 2003, 12:18 Thread Starter
International

Teams: SLOVENIJA & Arsenal
Prašnikar stays

ZADNJA NOVICA (13:10)

Bojan Prašnikar še naprej ostaja selektor slovenske nogometne reprezentance, so sporočili iz Nogometne zveze Slovenije!

So there it is, Bojan Prašnikar stays the selektor of our NT, this just came in from NZS.
I belive this is the best solution for the team. I hope we can now start concentrating for the WC 2006 qualification, and the essembley of the team.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old December 15th, 2003, 12:35
Legend

Teams: Slovenia, Brazil, Russia, Korea, Vasco da Gama
OK then.

Caipirinha: 6 €
Brazilian NT shirt: 70 €
Flight to Rio de Janeiro: 400 €
Seeing Italian NT kicked out of major tournament: PRICELESS

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
All NBA and NHL except Red Wings
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old December 15th, 2003, 12:44
Rising Star

Finaly! Now we can start preparing for qualifications.

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old December 15th, 2003, 13:14
Rising Star

I hate this... I think that if we are going to bring some new young players to the nt it should be done by someone who isn't well known for his questionable ethics in selecting players...
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old December 15th, 2003, 13:52
Star Player

Good. Im glad he has stayed on as I thought he was not to bad at all. Lets go forward from here and qualify for that WC in Germany
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old December 16th, 2003, 06:16 Thread Starter
International

Something stinky is going on guys, I tell you! Prašnikar and Zavrl should bouh be on yesterdays TV show Koncnica but noone appeared. Prašnikar couldn't be reached by the phone even though it was previously all arranged, whille Zavrl refused to come.
Wat d fak is going on here? They better don't screwe the team up, those fakers!

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old December 16th, 2003, 09:00
Premier Player

I was wondering about that too Walter, with Bergant hinting that something fishy might be going on

Finally the thing settled, although IMO it could and should be done in a better way. I mean if Zavrl wanted Prašnikar to stay from beginning then why not say something dammit ... I wouldn't be surprized if Prašnikar feels a bit offended, I would too! Unless he truely did believe that Katanec could return. Anyway, I wish Bojan all the best with forming a winning football team again and hope that the last game was a BIG lesson.
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old December 16th, 2003, 09:47 Thread Starter
International

Quote:
Originally posted by nina1981
I was wondering about that too Walter, with Bergant hinting that something fishy might be going on

Finally the thing settled, although IMO it could and should be done in a better way. I mean if Zavrl wanted Prašnikar to stay from beginning then why not say something dammit ... I wouldn't be surprized if Prašnikar feels a bit offended, I would too! Unless he truely did believe that Katanec could return. Anyway, I wish Bojan all the best with forming a winning football team again and hope that the last game was a BIG lesson.
I share your oppinion Nina. I think it's a disgrace how the NZS approached and handeled this matter. I think it's about time the whole leadership of the NZS resign. Before it's too late.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old December 17th, 2003, 12:16
Rising Star

Why?

Do you support Prašnikar?
Would you want to have him for another term? I would not want that kind of NZS, that sees no reason for a replacement after such a fiasco we had in Ljubljana. It seems still that Oblak was being obstructed. I'd like him to be our head in rejuvenation process. He has style and nose for the job.

Why not want to see the options. To ask Katanec is a sin? No! Is a duty. Like asking Oblak. It would be strange if you would not seize the opportunity.
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old December 17th, 2003, 12:30 Thread Starter
International

I didn't say there are no better options, but I do belive that at the moment Prašnikar is the most suitable for the job. Katanec didn't want it for the reasons well known. Oblak has the knowledge and the vision but is known for his lack of tact, also I belive he'll get the coaching job of our youth NT.
I think once in the future Oblak will get his chance.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old December 17th, 2003, 13:19
Rising Star

There is a very interesting interview with marinko galic in today's sn that i totally agree with...

He said that he believes that we would go to the ec with katanec, and that he is disappointed with how this qualifications ended...
He also said that we have very little chances to go to the next wc... and i agree with this... i think with prasnikar and now that pavlin and zahovic are staying we will take the 4. place...
And we will lose another 3 years that could be spent building an nt for the future...
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old December 17th, 2003, 13:29 Thread Starter
International

Well a lot of truth lies in what Gala said, but noone can know what will happen. It may very well be that the Zaho and Pajo moves were just a "pro Prale" propaganda.
Anyway I think it's an absolute must that we start building the tean for the future. Yes it would be great if we coud qualify for the WC 2006, but our primary goal must be to build an solid young team, and we can't do that if all the "oldies" decide to stay. Some sacarifises willl have to be made! Prašnikar better realises that!

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old December 17th, 2003, 13:50
Star Player

I will say this now. Although I am happy to see Prasnikar stay, he is doomed from the start. He will get farked off at the end of these qualifiers no matter what. He is in a lose/lose situation. The only way he could possibly please everyone and remain selektor is to qualify with young players.
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old December 17th, 2003, 14:25
Rising Star

I guarantee that after this quals even you will wan't him out...

It's very unfortunate that we had such an easy group that his mistakes weren't as clear to many people...

But know we'we got a group that expose him for what he really is...
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old December 17th, 2003, 15:16 Thread Starter
International

Lets hope he prooves us all wrong! I for sure wouldn't mind that.
It's quite clear that any selektor be it Katanec, Oblak or anyone else would have a very difficult task in the upcoming qualifiers.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old December 17th, 2003, 16:08
Rising Star

he, you think so...

The problem of a good NT manager is obvious:

His vision should allways find a way to beat the opposed team with the capacities he has. Talkin France you have all sorts of weapons to throw or use. Talking Slovenia we had 5-6 in our golden era. We have 3 where we are bad and without any possibilities whatsoever. So our ups and down are far more radical.

Prašnikar had a way to stick with Katanec. He just rather unified our game. In past we defended against opposite defenders, and attacked when their AM or DM failed to keep the ball. Pretty strange tactics, but in our determinance to keep up and with Katanec to persist in the effort to "enlarge" our players lungs, we had a pretty nice go.
Bojan is simple. We attack when we have a ball. We defend when we cannot keep it for more then a second or two. So we kill the game when we are losing or in a crisis, and make a game, when we play against the worst (incompetent). So we will be third. We won't be so bad. But we will make a discrace from our footballers.

Let us hope he will prove us wrong?
Lets expect he will. He must! It HIS CAREER AT STAKE! Sometimes we must see our Prašnikar is not to be sold. Not to be used. Why are we even caring about him? Becouse he is the NT manager. But there is no applouse for Zavrl for wanting him out. Most suitable? For his is a diplomat and will not swear or make funny faces when the shit will hit the fan? Or for his great competent decision-making? He will never win a playoff with this NT, if offensive football will be wanted!

Prosto po Marcelu Štefančiču ml.:

Prašnikar je preprosto nadjebljiv.
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old December 17th, 2003, 16:39
Rising Star

I think i'd agree with you if i understood what you just said...
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old December 18th, 2003, 11:40
Legend

Teams: Slovenia, Brazil, Russia, Korea, Vasco da Gama
Quote:
Originally posted by Ner_Zhul44
I think i'd agree with you if i understood what you just said...
Don't worry, with time passing, you'll get used to it.

Caipirinha: 6 €
Brazilian NT shirt: 70 €
Flight to Rio de Janeiro: 400 €
Seeing Italian NT kicked out of major tournament: PRICELESS

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
All NBA and NHL except Red Wings
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old December 19th, 2003, 06:32 Thread Starter
International

Hey I agree with you Jurcek, but in your case we'd need Ferguson on the bench. Who was the option besides Prale? Srecko didn't wan't to take the job, and he is the only one I'd really want as our selektor. He has it all what you suggested. Oblak? Maybe it wouldn't be that bad if we started from zero, but to be honest with the current "star" players and if Zaho and Pajo really stay he'd have very little chance of succes. He'd be chicaned because he is too much like Katanec. So there is only Prašnikar. Like it or not, that's the way it is.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old December 19th, 2003, 08:51
Premier Player

Stop b*tching around Prašnikar! Be supportive as it's all we got! Move on!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in