Other sports - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1439 (permalink) Old December 2nd, 2003, 08:10 Thread Starter
International

Teams: SLOVENIJA & Arsenal
Other sports

I thought it might be interesting to have a thread like this. I mean a lot of interesting competitions are out there where our soprtsmen/sporstswomen compete. The womens handball WC is starting today, next yeat we have mens handball EC that will be held in Slovenija. There is also winter coming up (although it's not that obvious here) so lots of skiing, ski jumping/flying will be happening. Those might also be interesting themes to debate about once winter breaks step in, and also since our NT will be out of action for quite a long time. We should keep the forum alive by any means, don't you think?

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 1439 (permalink) Old December 2nd, 2003, 08:12
Premier Player

Walter is hooked on the forum You have nothing to do at work?
post #3 of 1439 (permalink) Old December 2nd, 2003, 08:14
Star Player

Maybe he is hooked, but then again, I think it is a great idea Walter Although I may not be able to contribute to much on this thread as I dont see what happens over there :depress:

post #4 of 1439 (permalink) Old December 2nd, 2003, 08:21 Thread Starter
International

Quote:
Originally posted by nina1981
Walter is hooked on the forum You have nothing to do at work?
Thers is always time to check in, and besides lately there really isn't that much to do here at work.:smileani: :rollani:

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #5 of 1439 (permalink) Old December 2nd, 2003, 08:29
Premier Player

Sounds like a nice job

Anyway about other sports ... like last year, I don't expect our skiers to do that well this season :depress: Maybe Tina Maze can do something here and there, but nothing major.

Our women handball team has all the potencial to go far though on the WC. I see them up enough to qualify for the Olympic games in Athens, maybe even win a medal But I'm not gonna be disappointed if they don't do any of those things, as long as they play good and with heart
post #6 of 1439 (permalink) Old December 2nd, 2003, 11:44 Thread Starter
International

It is a good job yes. I could only use some more money.

I have to say that I've never watched skiing that much. OK I won't say I don't watch it, I do, but I'm just not that interested in it. Bedes for the last lets say five years it's been nothing but a downfall for us in skiing. I mainly follow mens downhill and super G, especially I like the Wengen and Kitzbuhel races.

I've always like ski jumping/flying. Those boys are quite something. I'll be very interested in this season as well. Flying is really great and Planica is the cradle of it.

As you said Nina, I also hope our girls do well in handball WC. Now I think a medal might be beyond them, but lest hope they can make it a place that leads to the Olympics. They just must play with pride and heart, and then I'll be happy.

As for our men, Slovenija hosts the Euro championship in the start of next year. Everyboda is talking about medal here but I'll be delighted with a Olympics place here also. I just hope our boys won't burn out infront of the home public. They shouldn't as we have a very good team, but in the past they have dissapointed so much. Anyway, I was thinking of going to some of our NT's matches.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #7 of 1439 (permalink) Old December 2nd, 2003, 12:02
Premier Player

I don't watch much of skiing nowdays either, just "slalom" here and there. But I did when I was younger, no wonder since Križaj and Svet ruled the ski world

I don't like ski-jumping I find the boys very brave, but it's a boring sport to watch I still want the Slovenians to do good though, and this applays to all sports ... I'm very patriotic when it comes to sports

I prefer team sports. Hockey anybody? Are Jesenice gonna finally win the title or what?!
post #8 of 1439 (permalink) Old December 2nd, 2003, 12:16
Legend

Teams: Slovenia, Brazil, Russia, Korea, Vasco da Gama
Quote:

I prefer team sports. Hockey anybody? Are Jesenice gonna finally win the title or what?!
It would be about time...

Caipirinha: 6 €
Brazilian NT shirt: 70 €
Flight to Rio de Janeiro: 400 €
Seeing Italian NT kicked out of major tournament: PRICELESS

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
All NBA and NHL except Red Wings
post #9 of 1439 (permalink) Old December 2nd, 2003, 12:41 Thread Starter
International

I love hockey. When I was a kid I was a Jesenice fan, latter on I was more fond of Olimpja, now i just don't care who wins it. It's interestnig how those two battle it out every year, but on the other hand you get somewhat bored by it.
I hope our NT makes it back to the elite again sometime soon. I do realise it's a very hard thing to do.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #10 of 1439 (permalink) Old December 2nd, 2003, 14:19
Rising Star

Basketball rules
post #11 of 1439 (permalink) Old December 2nd, 2003, 14:22
Legend

Teams: Slovenia, Brazil, Russia, Korea, Vasco da Gama
Quote:
Originally posted by Fantastic
Basketball rules
But our basketball NT is the total opposite of the football NT. Only stars, world class players, that play in top teams, while in NT they play like sh!t.

Caipirinha: 6 €
Brazilian NT shirt: 70 €
Flight to Rio de Janeiro: 400 €
Seeing Italian NT kicked out of major tournament: PRICELESS

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
All NBA and NHL except Red Wings
post #12 of 1439 (permalink) Old December 2nd, 2003, 15:19
Rising Star

Finally somebody mentioned baketball... skiing? no thank you... idividual sports just don't do it for me...

It's true that our basketball nt is a big disapointmet every time but atleast our club basketball is interesting enough...

Also... the womens handball? i would predict that all people with great expectacions are gonna get a great disapointment...
Sure we got some new players (naturalized) but we lost tiselj...
And friendly games from then on show that the results will probably be even worse...
But that's good for the men's nt which is probalby more important...
post #13 of 1439 (permalink) Old December 2nd, 2003, 17:44
Rising Star

It is true that our NT suck but on the other hand we have Krka and Olimpija.
post #14 of 1439 (permalink) Old December 2nd, 2003, 18:54
Rising Star

How about slovan fantastic... after all its your club now
post #15 of 1439 (permalink) Old December 2nd, 2003, 22:11
Rising Star

Yea, i can`t wait for the next scalp
Maribor is hungry for basketball so it is realy said that we must cheer for some Ljubljana`s team, but never the less i am use to it, cheering for Olimpija in europe
post #16 of 1439 (permalink) Old December 3rd, 2003, 06:32 Thread Starter
International

Quote:
Originally posted by Fantastic
Yea, i can`t wait for the next scalp
Maribor is hungry for basketball so it is realy said that we must cheer for some Ljubljana`s team, but never the less i am use to it, cheering for Olimpija in europe
Wow Fantastic, are you sure you know they come from Ljubljana, the sight still serves you well? I mean they do wear green...

I watch basketball too, don't have a favourite club though. In domestic league I don't care much who wins, maybe I'm a bit in favour of Krka to be fair. In europe I cheer for all of our teams of course.
Basket NT as everybody said is a big dissapointment every time. Those spolied faks, they are screwing with reputation and pride.

If I had to pick my favourite sport outside of football it just has to be volleyball. I used to play it so therefore my love for the soprt remains. Our league isn't that strong, it is very competitive though. And the NT is doing quite well lately also.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #17 of 1439 (permalink) Old December 3rd, 2003, 12:06
Premier Player

I used to train volleyball too Was quite good at it :embarass: , but at one point it got too serious and wasn't fun anymore, so I quit. I never wanted a life as a profesional sportwoman. I still enjoy a game here and there, especially in the summer as I prefer beach volleyball

Anybody did or is doing some sport actively?
post #18 of 1439 (permalink) Old December 3rd, 2003, 13:41 Thread Starter
International

You played too? Where? And you say you were that good, well that's really nice to hear!
I still play it at recreation twice a week here, where all the ex players meet and have a go at it. It fun really. In the summer nothing beats beach volleyball, ... and a cool beer afterwards!

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #19 of 1439 (permalink) Old December 3rd, 2003, 15:18
Star Player

Quote:
Anybody did or is doing some sport actively?
Well, I play alot of sports regularly . . . but out of all the sports I participate in football ( or soccer as its called here ) is my favorite. I always did have the ability to play football well, but my body more suits a basketball player as I am quite tall for my age :depress: I cant say I really enjoy playing basketball as I find it not physical enough. I have played a number of sports for local clubs but this year I am going to be playing Futsal with some friends Maybe after that I will go back to football for another season, but we will see what happens
post #20 of 1439 (permalink) Old December 3rd, 2003, 18:14
Premier Player

We almost lost ... to Ivory Coast!?! :eekani:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in