Is this the end of the Fairytail? - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old November 20th, 2003, 12:52 Thread Starter
International

Teams: SLOVENIJA & Arsenal
Is this the end of the Fairytail?

What does this lost means? Is it just a lost or is it more than this? It wouldn't be as painfull to loose to Holland or anyone else. But it still is only a game! Still how will it reflect on our team, will we continue the succeses of the present team or are we facing a downfall? Is Prašnikar to stay? If guys like Zaho and Pajo leave, who will our spine be?
So many questions, what are the answers!

One thing is clear though, we must all stand by our team. No matter what!

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old November 20th, 2003, 14:19
Rising Star

The fairytale ended with the katanec-zahovic quarell...

But the reallity isn't so bad either... We just have to be patient because the generation that is leaving did not become as good over night... it takes time... and a coach like katanec but that's another story...

Last edited by Ner_Zhul44; November 21st, 2003 at 00:08.
post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old November 20th, 2003, 15:02
Rising Star

Re: Is this the end of the Fairytail?

Quote:
Originally posted by Walter BC
What does this lost means? Is it just a lost or is it more than this? It wouldn't be as painfull to loose to Holland or anyone else. But it still is only a game! Still how will it reflect on our team, will we continue the succeses of the present team or are we facing a downfall? Is Prašnikar to stay? If guys like Zaho and Pajo leave, who will our spine be?
So many questions, what are the answers!

One thing is clear though, we must all stand by our team. No matter what!
It means we lost a game, stadium, generation of players!

How will this affect our NT?
Very thoroughly. Hope so. There are two scripts:
1.) We will change the whole NZS office, get new manager (Oblak), find some way to cultivate a better team and have a healty start on club/home-league/NT scenes
2.) Nothing would happen. ZZ stuck with us, Mile, Nastja get their Balkanian ways and we become once more a happy disfunctional family, what we always soccerways are.

Who will be our spine? Everyone can be a spine. The question is who can make this work? Oblak? Katanec? Back to save what can be still saved from this burned-out team. ZZ, Kara and Pavlin should certainly go. For the good of themselves.

And the worst question of all? Would you want Prašnikar to have another go on making a new team? He made a horrid job till now.

post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old November 21st, 2003, 00:09
Rising Star

No prasnikar please...
post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old November 21st, 2003, 06:23 Thread Starter
International

Well I think that Prašnikar is staying. I only hope he learned something from this, it's about time he did. If anything he should have more balls in the future!

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old November 21st, 2003, 09:23
Premier Player

I have to agree with Ner_Zhul here, for me, the fairytale ended when the incident in Korea happened. Yes, we managed to go on after that, but still ... it never felt before.

Will things change after not qualifying for Euro04?
Yes I believe they will. And not neccesarily for better, at least not in the begining. As you all mentioned, the old guys will probably leave the team. Well, I'm not really well informed about our younger teams and boys, but I think it'll be difficult to find replacements. It'll take time and the sooner we start changing things the better.
post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old November 21st, 2003, 09:48
Legend

Teams: Slovenia, Brazil, Russia, Korea, Vasco da Gama
Re: Re: Is this the end of the Fairytail?

Quote:
Originally posted by zeleni jurček
ZZ, Kara and Pavlin should certainly go. For the good of themselves.
I have no idea how can you say something like this. Pavlin and Karic (along with Knavs) were our best players in both games. And Zahovic wasn't bad either, specially in the first game.

Caipirinha: 6 €
Brazilian NT shirt: 70 €
Flight to Rio de Janeiro: 400 €
Seeing Italian NT kicked out of major tournament: PRICELESS

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
All NBA and NHL except Red Wings
post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old November 21st, 2003, 10:14
Premier Player

Miran Pavlin is the first to leave the ship ... :depress:

http://www.nogomania.net/Clanki/defa...od=page&id=410
post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old November 21st, 2003, 10:23
Legend

Thanks for everything, Miran and good luck to you in the future. :depress: :broken:

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old November 21st, 2003, 10:44 Thread Starter
International

:depress: Hell I never wanted these guys to leave. They are our Golden generation, the ones that make us what we are now! I would clone them if it was possible just to keep them!:depress:

What can I say, if this is his decission than: Thank you Miran for everything you've done for us, we'll miss you, we love you! Thanks legend! :broken:

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #11 of 45 (permalink) Old November 21st, 2003, 10:48
Legend

Teams: Real Madrid, Ajax, Slovenian NT
Re: Re: Is this the end of the Fairytail?

Quote:
And the worst question of all? Would you want Prašnikar to have another go on making a new team? He made a horrid job till now.
I dissagree. Prasnikar gave the oportunity to players from our league, to younger players, which have never been good enough for the almighty Katanec. And best of all, he brought back Šiljak, who is still top scorer of the qualifiers, i think. What i also see as positive is, he moved Zahovic into the attack and replaced him with Nastja. All in all his work was very good and it worked in the qualifications, why are we now judging him so harsh because of one lost match?

I want also thank our guys for all the years of devoted playing in the nt. we can look back very proud on the ones, who promoted our country on such a great way in with so good results over the past few years. Hopefully we will see that again in some years.

SLOVENIJA GRE NAPREJ!!!
post #12 of 45 (permalink) Old November 21st, 2003, 13:22 Thread Starter
International

True Lili he did all that, and I'm very gratefull for that. I admit I was very scaptical about him coaching our NT, but it turned out quite good actually. On the other hand he just couldn't get out of his own skin and he repeated the same mistakes he made with Maribor. Meaning, playing bunker.
He still has my support.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #13 of 45 (permalink) Old November 21st, 2003, 13:45
Legend

Walter, playing bunker is not necessarily a mistake. Sometimes you just have to play it.

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
post #14 of 45 (permalink) Old November 21st, 2003, 16:00
Legend

yeah, was great to watch it in Belgrade, but it's not the tactic on your home pitch and in such an important match. if you want to qualifie for a bigger competition, you have to fight and to attack.
On the other side, if we'd succeeded, Prasnikar would be the biggest coach in Slovenia and we would write poems about his tactics.
post #15 of 45 (permalink) Old November 21st, 2003, 16:25
Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by lili
yeah, was great to watch it in Belgrade, but it's not the tactic on your home pitch and in such an important match. if you want to qualifie for a bigger competition, you have to fight and to attack.
Usually, this is correct, but not always. You can qualify even by playing bunker at home.

Quote:

On the other side, if we'd succeeded, Prasnikar would be the biggest coach in Slovenia and we would write poems about his tactics.
I wouldn't, because it's coward tactics, but I feel that Prasnikar had few options left. With most of players not being enough prepared physically, what else could he do? With more players coming forward and not being able to get back in time, Croatia could have score on us on counter-attack and I am really curious what people would say if that would happen, and we only needed a 0:0? There were other times when Prasnikar was to blame, not this time.

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
post #16 of 45 (permalink) Old November 21st, 2003, 17:49
Legend

With Zahovic and Pavlin quitting, I wonder how our team will look like in the next qualifications. There is high chance that some others will quit too (Rudonja, Simeunovic).

Goalkeeper: I really don't know what happens here, if Simeunovic quits. Dabanovic is not impressive and is well over 30 and Mavric is also over 30. I know Murko was a good prospect but is now benched in Maribor. Maybe our best hope is in that Handanovic guy who was followed by Udinese and was our U19 goal-keeper as I do not know of any other good young goalkeeping prospect.

Center-backs: I think Vugdalic should be left out or at least benched. Nothing against him, but he is an average defender. Same for Cipot. I would like Knavs, Cesar and Sankovic to be there, as they are all still young but experienced and decent defenders.

Left-wing: The position that was now occupied by Karic. I am thinking about Mitja Brulc from Publikum here (he always impressed me when I saw him), although he plays more offensively in his club.

Right-wing: I hope Prasnikar will find a solution here, as it is obvious that Acimovic is an improvised solution here. Maybe Koren, but he is also not playing in this position at the club level.

Defensive midfielders: Sukalo and Kapic gained a lot of experience in these qualifications and I feel they could do the job in the future too. Although none of them is very skilled and has good vision and passing. We might give Zlogar a try here or maybe another player with good technical skills that is good at defending too.

Attacking midfielder: Nastja Ceh and Mile Acimovic are both good choices for this place and so is Robert Koren I think and all of them are young enough to have at least 4 years of NT football ahead of them.

Strikers: Siljak is an obvious choice, Cimerotic as well, if he is fit. I think that some young prospects should be included here as well (I saw some internet site suggesting that Prasnikar will try Borut Semler (and also Bozic and Bozicic from Koper, although I do not know what position they play at)). I am sure Rakovic could be considered as a good candidate as well as Damir Pekic (don't even try to mention Osterc in this context, Walter ).

I think we have enough material to build another fairy-tale. However, it takes more than just a bunch of 11 (or 18) good players, put together in a team, to create a fairy-tale. I do not know if Prasnikar is the right man to do it, I most certainly hope he is, although I've heard really scary things about him as a coach.

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots

Last edited by OAnimal; November 21st, 2003 at 17:54.
post #17 of 45 (permalink) Old November 21st, 2003, 18:47
Rising Star

Re: Re: Re: Is this the end of the Fairytail?

Quote:
Originally posted by OAnimal
I have no idea how can you say something like this. Pavlin and Karic (along with Knavs) were our best players in both games. And Zahovic wasn't bad either, specially in the first game.
Karič as well as Pavlin are men of specific abbilities. Playing football in a certain decadent way. You can critise or praise such way of playing...that can be judged only by the merit such plays deserve within the team results. If I put it simply... If they suck in what they do, or how they do it, they must go. They suck in how they play football. They hardly can benefit in a game without ZZ. Trust me.

Knavs is another story. Independent Quality = IQ
post #18 of 45 (permalink) Old November 21st, 2003, 18:57
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally posted by Walter BC
True Lili he did all that, and I'm very gratefull for that. I admit I was very scaptical about him coaching our NT, but it turned out quite good actually. On the other hand he just couldn't get out of his own skin and he repeated the same mistakes he made with Maribor. Meaning, playing bunker.
He still has my support.
To say he did a great job is a joke.

Certainly we could say he clinched on every possible thing to stop his boat sinking. So we could say he compromized his way for a full two years. What money wasted. We got the second place, we retire players that were meant to be retired before this happened, and we still don't have a team. Nastja is not a frontmen, Mile is not a substitution, and Cipot is not a defender. On the offense we dont have anyone except Šiljak. Rudonja? Allrounder even now unidentified by our current manager! So for what can we be grateful? For a great game against Italy and Croatia away?

I really would want a serious team instead of half-dead memories.....
post #19 of 45 (permalink) Old November 21st, 2003, 19:06
Rising Star

Re: Re: Re: Is this the end of the Fairytail?

Quote:
Originally posted by lili
Prasnikar gave the oportunity to players from our league, to younger players, which have never been good enough for the almighty Katanec.
SLOVENIJA GRE NAPREJ!!!
To see two sentences... One saying Katanec wasn't special and the second reliving the situation why this footballmania began....

Who are you kiddin', lili?

When players from our domestic league ever did anythin so great? This like saying that a manager that puts an intalented homeboy on the pitch has a great strategy of making a big club... If this homeboy sucks when he plays... manager sucks as well. If a homeboy worms the bench... then this is just a waste of time even talking about him, aint it?!

So please rethink your statements...
post #20 of 45 (permalink) Old November 21st, 2003, 21:44
Legend

Re: Re: Re: Re: Is this the end of the Fairytail?

Quote:
To see two sentences... One saying Katanec wasn't special and the second reliving the situation why this footballmania began....

Who are you kiddin', lili?

When players from our domestic league ever did anythin so great? This like saying that a manager that puts an intalented homeboy on the pitch has a great strategy of making a big club... If this homeboy sucks when he plays... manager sucks as well. If a homeboy worms the bench... then this is just a waste of time even talking about him, aint it?!

So please rethink your statements...
ohh, see who came back in best shape again.
Did i say Katanec wasn't special? No, i said, he didn't gave the chance to players from our league, who proved to be good enough for our nt. Besides, could you perhaps enlighten us, where from a coach should have picked players, if not from our league?
And no, i'm not kidding. Slovenia played great also without Katanec, except of this last match and it's useless to cry over coaches who aren't in business anymore. Hey, we just lost a match, but life goes on. Some older players are saying "goodbye", but it's not like our nt died right now. I wish and hope, we will continue with "SLOVENIJA GRE NAPREJ" even if it means, we won't be part of the next EC and call me a shep, but i'll be there to support them.:smileani:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in