Is this my imagination - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old November 5th, 2003, 18:47 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Is this my imagination

Have we all moved?

How are you doin?
Not very interested in football lately, due to the cataclizmic round-ups of news... Have we all got mad? Every one is optimistic about a league that cannot hold even money to be respectable???!

Lately I read an article in Sportske novosti about a Croat goalie that said Austrian league suck... How about ours? Why don't we say something like that? Pejkovič wouldn't say this nonsense? Žeželj maybe? What about a killroad like Mura's Kokol? Why are we so in this "Ode to of beautiful fairytale" if no one is listening? Like a musician in an empty hall. Madison Square Garden without electrics and a tiny kid that sings "Samo milijon nas se zivi".

Hja...

Life sux, but a dreamer never notice something like thatm doesn't he?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old November 5th, 2003, 22:48
Rising Star

Slow down... breathe... relax...

Now try again...
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old November 6th, 2003, 06:30
International

Teams: SLOVENIJA & Arsenal
Ner it seems like you don't know jurcek yet, he's always full of crap like this , but hey we all love him, atleast he gives us something to laugh about.

Keep them coming jurij, and drop by more often.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old November 6th, 2003, 08:53
Premier Player

Hello there jurček

I'm fine thanks, you though, look a bit upset

IMO players know pretty well how things are in our league (lets call it just not too rosy shall we), but they are not willing to complain, at least not publicly, as they would get into an even bigger problems.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old November 6th, 2003, 11:19
Legend

Teams: Slovenia, Brazil, Russia, Korea, Vasco da Gama
Nice to see a post from one of the slovenian football forums legend himself.

I actually think jurcek has a point indeed. To prove his point; yesterday I heard the news that our company Gorenje is sponsoring French 1st division team Nice. Now, this is understandable since they probably want to sell more of their products in France. What worries me is that they sponsor one slovenian handball team, but AFAIK, they don't sponsor any football team in Slovenia. Which makes me think that they believe our league sucks. Which is not far from what I think. :depress:

Caipirinha: 6 €
Brazilian NT shirt: 70 €
Flight to Rio de Janeiro: 400 €
Seeing Italian NT kicked out of major tournament: PRICELESS

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
All NBA and NHL except Red Wings
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old November 6th, 2003, 11:47
International

Teams: SLOVENIJA & Arsenal
I didn't say he doesn't have a point there. I was reffereing to the style which he uses to make this point. It's usualy very weird to say the least.
I do somewhat agree with you two that our league sucks. Ont he other hand it's the only one we have, so we must stand by it. Of course that doesn't mean we can't criticise.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old November 6th, 2003, 13:31
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally posted by OAnimal
I actually think jurcek has a point indeed. To prove his point; yesterday I heard the news that our company Gorenje is sponsoring French 1st division team Nice. Now, this is understandable since they probably want to sell more of their products in France. What worries me is that they sponsor one slovenian handball team, but AFAIK, they don't sponsor any football team in Slovenia. Which makes me think that they believe our league sucks. Which is not far from what I think. :depress:
Gorenje makes a big profit in France and are a well respected company there. Maybe sponsoring a football team benefits them with paying less taxes or something similar
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old November 6th, 2003, 14:08
Legend

Teams: Slovenia, Brazil, Russia, Korea, Vasco da Gama
Quote:
Originally posted by nina1981
Gorenje makes a big profit in France and are a well respected company there. Maybe sponsoring a football team benefits them with paying less taxes or something similar
Yes, I thought something like this to be the case, however, since they are so keen to sponsoring sport teams, it's a bit worrying (at least for me, a football fan) that in Slovenia they sponsor handball team and no football team.

Caipirinha: 6 €
Brazilian NT shirt: 70 €
Flight to Rio de Janeiro: 400 €
Seeing Italian NT kicked out of major tournament: PRICELESS

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
All NBA and NHL except Red Wings
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old November 6th, 2003, 14:42
Rising Star

About our league...

This might seem a bit contradictory but i think that yes our league is bad... but the players in the league are not as bad...

The coaches, the infrastructure, pitch conditions... this is what the biggest problem are imho..

At first i wanted to write a longer post but i hope you will understand what i mean despite this simplified version...
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old November 6th, 2003, 14:44
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally posted by OAnimal
Yes, I thought something like this to be the case, however, since they are so keen to sponsoring sport teams, it's a bit worrying (at least for me, a football fan) that in Slovenia they sponsor handball team and no football team.
Well Gorenje is from Velenje and seeing that they only have one football club and that this one already has a sponsor they concentrated on handball. Not to mention that Velenje's handball team has more chances to get somewhere than their football team. You can't blame them
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old November 10th, 2003, 17:23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by nina1981
Hello there jurček

I'm fine thanks, you though, look a bit upset

IMO players know pretty well how things are in our league (lets call it just not too rosy shall we), but they are not willing to complain, at least not publicly, as they would get into an even bigger problems.
I hope everyone is okej, I certainly am. Just needed to give you some negative energy, when you are evidently bursting with smileys and happy thoughts about playoff etc. Thought you are in need of a big dissapointed scream on the status quo.

Since OAnimal pointed out Gorenje: Shouldn't we be asking ourselves why does anybody invest in anything in soccer? Olimpija, Rudar Velenje, Ljubljana, Mura,... Clubs that eat money in chunks, but never give anything back. Liverpool in Bežigrad is certainly not worth the money. The investment is payed strictly for the players to harvest (they are the only one that can say we had the experiance). As how a sport collective functions in Slovenia, working in such an enviroment is almost dishonorable?! NT seems to have the only bureaucratic body (NZS) to handle its team potencial (and even that was problematic in WC 2002). So why even invest?
Soccer lately suck....

now back to work with smileys
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old November 10th, 2003, 19:03
Premier Player

I think people should invest, instead of just complaining about the current state of things. Never was there money for football, not when we were under YUG and certainly not now (or in the last 10 years). First you have to invest and than you can pick up the fruits. Not the other way around IMVHO. And even then you have to be patient and not presure things. If after a period no results come you can give up and start moaning about things. Before, definitely, not.

It's too soon to tell, but Chelsea could very well be a nice example.

But unfortunately, our little nation, well at least when it comes to the big shots, don't get that.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in