View Poll Results: Your opinion?
The changes were neccessary. 1 50.00%
They should leave the league as it was. 1 50.00%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old September 3rd, 2003, 07:59 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Changes of the home league

Yesterday the slovenian FA agreed on a new system in the Simobil league. After the 22 rounds have been played 2 groups will be made. The 1st group will be having clubs that have been on posts from 1-6 and will be compeating for the title. The 2nd group will be having the clubs that have been on posts from 7-12 and will be battling to stay in the 1st league. Once the groups have been settled, 10 rounds will be played to determine who is the champion and who has to move to the 2nd slovenian league.

The new system will be used already in this season.

--------

Do you guys think this is a better system than the one we had before?

Last edited by nina; September 3rd, 2003 at 13:12.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old September 3rd, 2003, 08:33
International

Teams: SLOVENIJA & Arsenal
I really don't know what to think of it, I only know that the 3 round system sucked big time. I guess we'll have to wait and see what will the changes bring. Don't they use a similar system in croatian league?

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old September 3rd, 2003, 12:28 Thread Starter
Premier Player

I wouldn't know about the Croatian league, but this is what I think ...

I don't think it's quite fair. For example, lets say that a team that is first after 22 rounds has a huge advantage of points because it has been dominant all season long. All of a suddon it can go all down the road in a month and a half if they hit bad form or if they'll be too exhausted.

P.S. This system might work in a league like Seria A or La Liga where differences between the 1st and the 6th placed are not that big and it would be fairer, but not for our small one.

Last edited by nina; September 3rd, 2003 at 12:33.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old September 3rd, 2003, 13:00
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally posted by nina1981
Once the groups have been settled, 6 rounds will be played to determine who is the champion and who has to move to the 2nd slovenian league.
What do you mean? 10 rounds will be played in the play-off. There will be 2 groups with 6 teams, there will be 10 rounds played in each group.

Quote:
I don't think it's quite fair. For example, lets say that a team that is first after 22 rounds has a huge advantage of points because it has been dominant all season long. All of a suddon it can go all down the road in a month and a half if they hit bad form or if they'll be too exhausted.
I think it's only logical and fair that the points from the first 22 rounds will be transfered to the play-offs, because of the reason you mentioned. If a team has a huge advantage of points after 22 rounds, I think the only normal thing is that these points will also count in the play-offs. Otherwise the first 22 rounds would be almost meaningless.

All in all i support this change, i think that the last 10 rounds of the championship (the play-offs) will be much more interesting, we'll se more tough and interesting matches. By this system we'll also have more clashes between Maribor and Olimpija. There will be 2 matches in the first 22 rounds and 2 matches in the play-offs (if both Maribor and Olimpija play in the same group). If Maribor and Olimpija also play against eachother in the cup, there will be 6 ma year. By the current system there were 3 derbys a year in the champions, plus 2 in the cup.

Last edited by Majk; September 3rd, 2003 at 13:03.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old September 3rd, 2003, 13:11 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Indeed 10 rounds will be played in the play-offs. I mistyped it. Would be fun to see a knock-out play-offs though
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old September 3rd, 2003, 14:26
Legend

Teams: Slovenia, Brazil, Russia, Korea, Vasco da Gama
I think this will increase the interest for our league, which is good. However, I don't agree with time, when this change was announced - it should be done before the start of the season. You cannot change the rules after 7 rounds have already been played. I have never seen anything like this, not even in Brazil.
This just shows what kind of morons are in charge of our football.

But bottom line, I think that this change will improve our football and the people's interest for our football. I was in favour of some kind of play-off system a long time ago. We have a good example in our ice-hockey. In regular season nobody (except people from Jesenice) gives a sh!t about it, but when it comes to the play-off finals, it's a different story. I think the same will be with football. However, I agree that points achieved in first 22 rounds should be directly transfered into the play-off round, otherwise it would be even more unfair to the teams that do well in the 22 rounds.

Caipirinha: 6 €
Brazilian NT shirt: 70 €
Flight to Rio de Janeiro: 400 €
Seeing Italian NT kicked out of major tournament: PRICELESS

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
All NBA and NHL except Red Wings
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old September 4th, 2003, 06:40
International

Teams: SLOVENIJA & Arsenal
With the reasons you all gave here I'm now hardly waiting to see what will thic change bring. Good things I hope!

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old September 4th, 2003, 07:47 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Where and when can we find out if the points from the 22 rounds will be transfered into the play-offs? Anyone spotted any details somewhere?
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old September 4th, 2003, 10:43
Legend

Teams: Slovenia, Brazil, Russia, Korea, Vasco da Gama
Quote:
Where and when can we find out if the points from the 22 rounds will be transfered into the play-offs? Anyone spotted any details somewhere?
It should be that way. Any other solution would just expose even more stupidity from the people in charge of our football.

Caipirinha: 6 €
Brazilian NT shirt: 70 €
Flight to Rio de Janeiro: 400 €
Seeing Italian NT kicked out of major tournament: PRICELESS

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
All NBA and NHL except Red Wings
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old September 5th, 2003, 08:29 Thread Starter
Premier Player

I learned that everything is possible in our little land!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in