6.september Slovenija : Izrael - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 100 (permalink) Old August 27th, 2003, 08:44 Thread Starter
International

Teams: SLOVENIJA & Arsenal
6.september Slovenija : Izrael

Ten days to go people and I'm allready getting nervous!:nervous: Man I can't wait for that game to start. As I said in the other thread I feel pretty optimistic about this one, surely we will do it. Atleat I hope we will. A win it this game and we are almost there, in the playoffs! OK we'd have to play France an Cypruss letter, but a win would give us a big advantage over Israel. If we assume we lose to France on 10.september, and win on Cyprus (which won't be easy at all) we are there! Oh how I wish that will be the case!
This will be a very tough match, against a very good team that looks in form. They beat Russia away last week and even though this isn't the Russia from the last qualifiers it's still a great result for them. It means we must approach this game very carefully. How will we play, who will play, we know Pavlin and Gajser are out due to the yellow cards, Koren is injured, Šiljak isn't in the greatest form, our defence isn't what it should have been. Atleat Knavs is back, Šulako is in form, Cime is somehow OK, Nastja is his old sels after the injury. I don't konw about Zaho, he seems to be on the hot/cold feeling. How about Mile, I defenetly wouldn't start him as a right winger, 'couse in that case our right flank is wide open. So how will it be?
We simply must win to make sure of calmer continuation of the qualifiers! And we will!

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 100 (permalink) Old August 27th, 2003, 11:12
Star Player

Well Walter, It sounds like we have a couple of problems in this game but nevertheless I think we can win. I had no idea Pavlin was out for this game but now I am wondering who will captain our team. Zahovic was captain against Hungary but he was sent off in that match. If he is captain again let's hope he doesn't do the same thing. I have a friend down here who is Israeli and he says that there main player, Berkovic, might not play. I hope all our players minds are on the job next saterday, but we will have to wait and see. I will make sure to wake up bright and early during the middle of the night and watch the game over the internet.

I am feeling confident before this game and lets just hope it is with good reason.
post #3 of 100 (permalink) Old August 27th, 2003, 11:34 Thread Starter
International

Yes I also herad something about Berkovic not playing, I thing there was some kind of dispute between him and their NT coach. It would be a good thing for us if he didn't play, but even without him Israel is a strong team.
Who will captain our NT, I have no doubts about who should be our regular captain anyway, so I think the honours should belong to Sandi Knavs this time arround. It would probabbly be Zaho again to be honest.
So NZS it seems like you solve your problems with the help from internet. Are you now able to watch all our games live or what?

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!

post #4 of 100 (permalink) Old August 27th, 2003, 12:04
Premier Player

No way is Zaho going to be a captain! He's not suitable, how could he be with his history?! I'm sure there's someone else.

As for the game. I would like to see a proven combination, not an experimentation with Mile out of his position This is thé game and although I think that if we show our true "grinta" we could beat France if things go wrong in this game, but I would rather see we beat both

Fo ... oops ... Naprej Slovenija!
post #5 of 100 (permalink) Old August 27th, 2003, 12:44 Thread Starter
International

Grinta,
Man how I'd love to see us beat them both, we do however must stay realistic, a win against Israel yes, anainst France a point would be a hughe success! Certainly we mustn't give up before the game, every match starts with 0:0 on both sides and during the 90 minutes a lot can happen, we all know that. Yes everything is possible, but as I said we must be realistic about our chances against France.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #6 of 100 (permalink) Old August 27th, 2003, 13:11
Star Player

Yes, we must all stay realistic here. I must admit that the thought of beating France has crossed my mind many times. I will give you a statistic I have come up with. When France plays at home they have always won by huge margins, but when they played away they struggled. (Cyprus 1 : 2 France - Malta 0 : 4 France - Israel 1 : 2 France) So I still believe we have a great chance to knock off France at home. As for our captain, Knavs IMO would be great in the absence of Pavlin. If I remember correctly, he is the captain of Kaiserslautern this season. So he does have some experiance as a captain which is good.

Regarding the net, I might be able to watch the game live, but that would rely on other channels besides SLO 2 broadcasting it. What I always seem to be doing is watching text updates every minute over the internet, which is better than nothing.
post #7 of 100 (permalink) Old August 27th, 2003, 13:33
Premier Player

Have you ever watched the TV live from the http://www.rtvslo.si?
post #8 of 100 (permalink) Old August 27th, 2003, 13:36
Star Player

Quote:
Originally posted by nina1981
Have you ever watched the TV live from the http://www.rtvslo.si?
yes, one million times The problem is that the game is televised on RTV SLO 2 and the site only broadcasts SLO 1 over the internet. I listened to the radio but I can't really understand much :depress: I will kill my parents for bringing me up in this country without teaching me Slovensko
post #9 of 100 (permalink) Old August 27th, 2003, 13:50 Thread Starter
International

Dude than it's just about the time you should learn it, big things are coming up! Come on it's not that hard, ask your mum.

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #10 of 100 (permalink) Old August 27th, 2003, 14:38
Star Player

I am about to start my final two years at school and am thinking about moving to Slovenija when I am older. As a LOTE (Language Other Than English) subject I can pick Slovenian and I will. I have been telling my mum to find me a tutor so I could learn but she thinks that when I go on vacation to Slovenija I will pick it up no problems. In my opinion I think that she just cant be stuffed finding me a tutor. I will just have to take matters into my own hands soon.
post #11 of 100 (permalink) Old August 27th, 2003, 18:47
Legend

Teams: Slovenia, Brazil, Russia, Korea, Vasco da Gama
Quote:
Originally posted by NZS
I will kill my parents for bringing me up in this country without teaching me Slovensko
Don't do that, you might need still them in the future.

Caipirinha: 6 €
Brazilian NT shirt: 70 €
Flight to Rio de Janeiro: 400 €
Seeing Italian NT kicked out of major tournament: PRICELESS

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
All NBA and NHL except Red Wings
post #12 of 100 (permalink) Old August 28th, 2003, 06:53
Rookie

At what time does the match start? I already have the tickets for both matches for a long time.

RD
post #13 of 100 (permalink) Old August 28th, 2003, 07:50
Premier Player

I suppose at 20.30 RD :undecide:

Quote:
Originally posted by NZS
yes, one million times The problem is that the game is televised on RTV SLO 2 and the site only broadcasts SLO 1 over the internet. I listened to the radio but I can't really understand much :depress: I will kill my parents for bringing me up in this country without teaching me Slovensko
That sucks, but at least you could be able to see the goals at around 22.30 CET when the last sport news (ŠPORT) are on on TVSLO1.
post #14 of 100 (permalink) Old August 28th, 2003, 09:23
Star Player

Thanks for that info nina, I will be sure to watch it this time around
post #15 of 100 (permalink) Old August 28th, 2003, 09:33
Legend

Teams: Slovenia, Brazil, Russia, Korea, Vasco da Gama
Quote:
Originally posted by nina1981
I suppose at 20.30 RD :undecide:
Actually, I think it's 20.15.

Caipirinha: 6 €
Brazilian NT shirt: 70 €
Flight to Rio de Janeiro: 400 €
Seeing Italian NT kicked out of major tournament: PRICELESS

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
All NBA and NHL except Red Wings
post #16 of 100 (permalink) Old August 29th, 2003, 16:32
Premier Player

Bojan Prašnikar called-up the following players for the Israel and France game:

Keepers: Marko Simeunovič (Olympiakos Nikozija), Mladen Dabanovič (Lokeren)

Defenders: Fabijan Cipot (Al Sadd), Aleksander Knavs (Kaiserslautern), Matej Šnofl (CMC Publikum), Rajko Tavčar (Mainz), Muamer Vugdalič (without club).

Midfielders: Milenko Ačimovič (Tottenham), Nastja Čeh (Club Brugge), Adem Kapič (Ferencvaros), Amir Karič (Maribor PL), Robert Koren (CMC Publikum), Miran Pavlin (Olympiakos Nikozija), Mladen Rudonja (KD Olimpija), Simon Sešlar (CMC Publikum), Goran Šukalo (Unterhaching), Anton Žlogar (KD Olimpija)

Forwards: Sebastjan Cimerotič (Lecce), Zlatko Zahovič (Benfica), Ermin Šiljak (Dalian Shide)

According to the coach Ermin Rakovič and Spapoje Bulajič were not called due to the injuries. Rajko Tavčar returns to the team.
post #17 of 100 (permalink) Old September 1st, 2003, 08:17
Premier Player

Boštjan Cesar will be replacing Rajko Tavčar as the latter hasn't recovered from his knee injury yet.
post #18 of 100 (permalink) Old September 1st, 2003, 08:35 Thread Starter
International

What's with Rajko, he plays for his club and here he's injured. Oh well, I hope no more injuries will accure.
The news are that Eyal Berkovic will play after all. So this means Israel will be able to send out the best they got after a long time. I'm confident however that we'll manage it somehow!

GREMO SLOVENIJA, ZMAGAJ!

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!
post #19 of 100 (permalink) Old September 1st, 2003, 10:17
Star Player

Quote:
Originally posted by Walter BC
What's with Rajko, he plays for his club and here he's injured. Oh well, I hope no more injuries will accure.
The news are that Eyal Berkovic will play after all. So this means Israel will be able to send out the best they got after a long time. I'm confident however that we'll manage it somehow!

GREMO SLOVENIJA, ZMAGAJ!
I hope that your right Walter. I'm getting real nervous now and I can't wait till Saterday night. If we fail here it is pretty much all over for us unless we can knock off France (Which isn't impossible for us ) I think that our NT is more than capable of winning this match and I wont except anything but victory. :fero: I dont know what our scoreline will be but I am hoping it will be in our favour
post #20 of 100 (permalink) Old September 1st, 2003, 10:58 Thread Starter
International

If we win this one we are allready half way into the playoffs! If we draw or god forbide loose than we are yet to sweat till the end. So the equation is very simple for this match, win it and we are almost therer, screwe it and than ... Really it's useless to get philosophical about it, we simply must go out there and win. If we do that the game against France will be nothing but an exhebition, as incredible as it sounds. Off course it would be great if we could get atleast a draw against the French, but in case of our victory against the Israelis we'd have the luxury to even loose against them. Than for the last game, we'd "only" have to beat Cyprus away. That offcourse won't be easy, but no doubt we will be the favourites in that one.
What to say before saturday, it's a hughe match coming, but on our stadium, infront of our home fans, we are the favourites. We must be confident about our chances. Afterall Bežigrad has been an unbeatable fortress for four years. It must stay that way!
I just can't wait for saturday to come, I belive I'll be there, a friend of mine has insured the tickets as far as I've heard, so we will be up for an unforgetable evening!

SLOVENIJA

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in