UEQ: Hungary vs Wales - June 11, 2019 l Groupama Aréna l Budapest - Page 3 - Xtratime Community
 15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 58 (permalink) Old June 12th, 2019, 00:55 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: USA/Hungarian NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by szövkap View Post
hardly luck. we had the better part of the game. more chances. a deserved win. tactically another mester munka by the Signore Rosszi once again. Pátkai turned out be a very hasznos player at the NT, a working drone like in an ants' army.

the Szalai to Holender passz in 1st half, that Szoboszlai shot in 76 min, the Kleini shot in 78 min, the ball scratched from gólvonal by the Walesiek, then the Pátkai goal great work by Szalai btw, then some Douchejack (so the english commentator called him whan I watched sky for some bits in the first half had some nice attempt or almost gólpassz forgot to whom though), while Wales had in fact 2 good chances overall. they were better in the first few minutes of 2nd half and the injury time but that's it.
We probably did deserve to win, only slightly, but can't say we weren't lucky. That big chance Bale had, don't tell me that was our good defense He just made a mess of it all on his own. A RM CL winner should bury that in his sleep. Not that they didn't have some luck too, but we just so pulled it out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 58 (permalink) Old June 12th, 2019, 00:56
Xtratime Elite

Teams: MTK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aron View Post
We probably did deserve to win, only slightly, but can't say we weren't lucky. That big chance Bale had, don't tell me that was our good defense He just made a mess of it all on his own.
maybe yes but that's foci. Wales were lucky another 3 times too
post #43 of 58 (permalink) Old June 12th, 2019, 00:57
Xtratime Elite

Teams: MTK
now let's beat those Tóthok finally
Dandeer likes this.

post #44 of 58 (permalink) Old June 12th, 2019, 01:00 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by szövkap View Post
maybe yes but that's foci. Wales were lucky another 3 times too
It is. As I said..

Quote:
We probably did deserve to win, only slightly, but can't say we weren't lucky. That big chance Bale had, don't tell me that was our good defense He just made a mess of it all on his own. A RM CL winner should bury that in his sleep. Not that they didn't have some luck too, but we just so pulled it out.
Point is we both did. It could've easily gone a different way.
post #45 of 58 (permalink) Old June 12th, 2019, 01:13 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Douchejack speaks..

post #46 of 58 (permalink) Old June 12th, 2019, 13:56
Star Player

Teams: Chippenham FM18, Dagenham & Redbridge FIFA 10
Quote:
Luck smiled on us, but we'll surely take it
I think the lads worked for it pretty hard, especially the defenders.

Without Jesus, a hopeless end. With him, an endless hope.
post #47 of 58 (permalink) Old June 12th, 2019, 14:12
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorGeorge View Post
I was stoned as I watched it throughout, terrific ecstatic feeling when Patkai decided it. About Slovakia, they are the main challenge, if they win their next game, they'll also have 9 points to tie with us. Slovakai has fair chances of carrying the group, watch out.

The Kick of the Match.

Patkai Did It Again!
That is an amazing photo, says it all!

post #48 of 58 (permalink) Old June 12th, 2019, 14:15
Star Player

As of 2pm CET today tickets can be applied for on uefa.com, if you want to book seat next to mine, choose ID 116850544 as your "friend's ID" on the site. I applied for all Budapest games, plus a quarter-final in Roma. Two tickets each. We'll see what happens. If we don't qualify, I'll decide when I see what matches these will be.

post #49 of 58 (permalink) Old June 12th, 2019, 14:20
Star Player

A small összefoglaló:

I haven't seen the game on telly yet, but from the stadium I felt the same sensation as against Croatia, that our support gives our NT a big boost. Wales could handle it for a long time, they seem to be a very decent team. The way they defended, the lines they upheld, I said to my friend they look like robots from where we were standing.

I was a bit impatient with our tactics, I felt we should have risked a bit more, but it worked out, so fair enough. I really wanted to avoid a 0-0, that would have felt terrible after those great chances we saw.

Also, Wales could have scored too, Aron is right. But all in all, I agree with the 2nd coach, it was a deserved win.

Bear in mind, Slovakia come to Budapest 3 days after playing against Croatia while HUN have a day-off. But it's September so it doesn't really matter anyway.

I think we'll draw against SVK, then draw against CRO, then draw against WAL, then finish 3rd.

post #50 of 58 (permalink) Old June 12th, 2019, 15:10
Gyula
Premier Player

Teams: Hungary, Romania
We can't allow the Slovaks to take this away from us. Gotta outwork those ****s
post #51 of 58 (permalink) Old June 12th, 2019, 15:14
Premier Player

Teams: Magyar NT, Ferencvaros & Honved
I also have a feeling that this group is far from finished for us. We have to accelerate our game from this point forward not take steps back and rest, football is infinate that way, you can never get good or great enough and then rest. Whatever is not growing is dying like in Nature.

Guys, thats all folks for now. We are where we need to be.

Have a great and fun and safe kick-ass summer, see you sports in September!
Aron and Dandeer like this.
post #52 of 58 (permalink) Old June 15th, 2019, 22:01
International

Teams: USA and Hungarian NT
Goodness gracious..we beat Wales 1-0 at home and Azerbbyzan..big deal. Croatia has no spirit after they gave away the WC Final..if they would have played like they did against France they would have won 4-0. If we beat Slovania by 2 goals I will say we are getting better, till then nothing has changed. Kleiner still shooting from far away, same must be for Juji...when I see teamball being played I will be happy.

Buy a football jersey and get a billboard
post #53 of 58 (permalink) Old June 16th, 2019, 16:24
Premier Player

Ahhh it's 8:18 am in America's Finest City and I'm lounging on the backseats of my white BMW in a great parking lot in a surburban mall outside Starbucks after having medium sized coffee and I'm high as a kite on Mary Juana. It feels terrific and philosophical.

Pista, it is the 3 wins in 4 games and our pole position that everybody is happy and excited about. Past campaigns it has been only once since 1972 that we made it to the Euro. The new big magnificent stadium is almost here.

It is far better that we are outperforming and not just getting better. We've come a long way baby!

Last edited by MajorGeorge; June 16th, 2019 at 16:35.
post #54 of 58 (permalink) Old June 17th, 2019, 20:03 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pista View Post
Goodness gracious..we beat Wales 1-0 at home and Azerbbyzan..big deal. Croatia has no spirit after they gave away the WC Final..if they would have played like they did against France they would have won 4-0. If we beat Slovania by 2 goals I will say we are getting better, till then nothing has changed. Kleiner still shooting from far away, same must be for Juji...when I see teamball being played I will be happy.
I think we're allowed to be happy for the wins. We've definitely had periods in which we would've lost all three of these games.

As for Kleiner shooting from far away...that'll most likely never change
post #55 of 58 (permalink) Old June 17th, 2019, 22:18
International

Teams: USA and Hungarian NT
Boys..let see what happens, the future is still to come. When more young ones get a chance like that Red Bull guy in Austria, then I will be happy. Till then fingers crossed, hope we beat everyone and do well in the Euro.

Major George..weren't we in the Euro a few years ago, tying Portugal and winning the group?

Buy a football jersey and get a billboard
post #56 of 58 (permalink) Old June 17th, 2019, 23:18 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Quote:
Boys..let see what happens, the future is still to come. When more young ones get a chance like that Red Bull guy in Austria, then I will be happy. Till then fingers crossed, hope we beat everyone and do well in the Euro.

Major George..weren't we in the Euro a few years ago, tying Portugal and winning the group?
That Red Bull guy in Austria? Szoboszlai has gotten his chance. He's a full senior NT member now, even a starter. Almost scored in this last game. Credit to Rossi mester for throwing him in the deep end.

We were in the Euro tying Portugal and winning the group
post #57 of 58 (permalink) Old June 18th, 2019, 00:04
Premier Player

Quote:

That's my point Pista and that's why we're excited, for us the Euro tournament doesn't come around very often (1 time since 1972 in the magic of 2016). We have pole position, 3 wins in 4 games, in other words we've come a long way baby!

Kleinheisler needs to shoot from the top edge of the box not 28 yards out, he needs to be schooled in that idea, just a few steps more inside.
post #58 of 58 (permalink) Old June 18th, 2019, 07:02
Star Player

Quote:
I think we're allowed to be happy for the wins. We've definitely had periods in which we would've lost all three of these games.

As for Kleiner shooting from far away...that'll most likely never change
If you saw the game Pista then you know that there is a reason team Wales is currenty twenty-something (19th before the game) on the FIFA ranking. Very decent, they defend like robots, and they have good midfielders. It just so happens that our team played better football that night. But I wouldn't be surprised if Croatia couldn't win in Cardiff.
Aron likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in