UNL: Hungary vs Finland - Nov. 18, 2018 l Groupama Aréna l Budapest - Xtratime Community
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old November 18th, 2018, 19:33 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: USA/Hungarian NT
UNL: Hungary vs Finland - Nov. 18, 2018 l Groupama Aréna l Budapest

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old November 18th, 2018, 19:40 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

So some changes from last game's starting lineup. Gulácsi, Kleinheisler, Lovi, DzsB7. Let's finish out the year with two in a row
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old November 18th, 2018, 20:16
Premier Player

Teams: Magyar NT, Ferencvaros & Honved
Gooooooaaall Magyaroszag!! Szalai!! Beautiful back door pass!

1-0! 🙂

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old November 18th, 2018, 20:24
Premier Player

Gooooooaaaaal Magyaroszag!! Nagy Adam off interception! 2-0! 😀
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old November 18th, 2018, 21:46
Xtratime Elite

Teams: MTK
Észtország, malakas!

we group 2nd and thus in the 3. faszkalap for EB sorsolás
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old November 18th, 2018, 21:48 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Well done boys! Csak így tovább!

Congrats on your first NT goal, Nagy Ádi! Well deserved
szövkap likes this.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old November 18th, 2018, 22:48
Premier Player

Well gents this "Game of the Year" wraps up the season with a thorough stunning display!

Rossi is a manager who is bringing his returns, a very good job preparing the men for 6 points like he promised the last two games.

What can I say but the day is right as rain when Szalai scores, the true veteran, our big bold slugger is looking like a sterling ace and is scoring like Puskas this campaign. Nagy's scorching blazing pile-driver on the run was superb and clinches the big win. Great defending throughout with grit and heart and experience. This team today played like a Top-25 outfit and put the icing on the cake for the year.

I'm not sure but I heard Szalai is the lead scorer in our division, he's been on fire recently to grind out these wins.

Next year Puskas Stadium II will be the venue to amplify our homefield advantage and our quest, voyage and long journey continues for a great long-sought prize in the summer. Bravo and congrats to the men and the staff, it was a mighty way to cap the year.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old November 19th, 2018, 00:46
Xtratime Elite

just saw we are not in the 3. faszkalap yet, depends on some other results in other groups, only 2 best runner-ups are
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old November 19th, 2018, 02:36
Premier Player

They'll sort out the permutations to see what creme and talent goes where in the seeding before March, upside is we have a 3-game unbeaten streak scoring 4 goals and conceeding none last two games...I'd say that's momentum picking up steam.

A change of managers was refreshing and worthwhile, Szalai is scoring like Puskas like never before and the new captain has a hard-to-beat team which is an improvement to the latest exhibitions when Dzsudzsak was captain.

Dzsudzsak was a real gutsy gambler today with his long speculations and a few missed crosses, but I think Nagy's was vastly more mecurial today and it paid off.

The way the men play the 2nd half each game, almost every game, seems more disconcerted, haphazard and more unsteady and certainly more hurried. The 2nd half of each match has to be mastered. This should have been a 4-0 today.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old November 19th, 2018, 03:10
Xtratime Elite

we are in pot C if 2 of the 3 remaining groups end as follows:

group 1

Scotland beats Israel by at least 2 goals or Israel beats Scotland by at least 4 goals, a draw is bad

group 3

Cyprus beats Norway by at least 2 goals or Bulgaria loses to Slovenia, draws are bad

group 4

Romania gets beaten by Montenegro by only 1 goal

otherwise, pot D

will be izgi tomorrow
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old November 19th, 2018, 03:13
International

Teams: USA and Hungarian NT
Major George..we had two misfits as opponents..it always depends on who you play..so relax as we have a very long day to go.
Aron likes this.

Buy a football jersey and get a billboard
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old November 19th, 2018, 03:29
Premier Player

What really is the difference in quality in Group C and Group D?...small talent quotient difference that's all...the fact remains we have to put out like these last two games in whichever Group we're in and carry all the games at home and carry all the games abroad for the win...and that's what I call spirited optimism.

Group C is really the center of European ball in terms of talent and winning ability, I think we'll remain here come the day after those other trials of teams are over. Group C means: utterly competitive full of predictable and unpredictable magic.
szövkap likes this.
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old November 19th, 2018, 11:42
Rookie

Deserved result, congrats. Really bad game from us, and uncharacteristic mistakes. This was like the opposite of dominating home performance against Greece in October.

I was surprised Finland made so many changes. To me, getting home-advantage to play-offs would have been critical. It could be the difference between qualifying or not qualifying to Euro. But no worries, I guess. Rive will take us there directly from the qualification. We won this group of misfits even without the retired key players and the likes of Eremenko and Pohjanpalo, who were out this fall, so when we add them, we will be dominating Europe.
szövkap likes this.
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old November 19th, 2018, 18:59
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorGeorge View Post
What really is the difference in quality in Group C and Group D?...small talent quotient difference that's all...the fact remains we have to put out like these last two games in whichever Group we're in and carry all the games at home and carry all the games abroad for the win...and that's what I call spirited optimism.

Group C is really the center of European ball in terms of talent and winning ability, I think we'll remain here come the day after those other trials of teams are over. Group C means: utterly competitive full of predictable and unpredictable magic.
so for now, pot C for the EB sorsolás, if

Ahhoz, hogy a legjobb 30-ban végezzünk, az alábbiak közül kellene teljesülnie legalább az elsőnek a divíziónkban:

1-es csoport: Skóciának 2 góllal kellene vernie az így második helyen végző Izraelt

3-as csoport: Bulgária lesz a csoportelső és Norvégia kikap Ciprustól

4-es csoport: Nem Szerbia, hanem Románia lesz a második és nem nyer Montenegróban
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old November 19th, 2018, 20:03
Star Player

Teams: Chippenham FM18, Dagenham & Redbridge FIFA 10
You guys realise that we would have topped this group if we had won against Estonia. Such a waste.
szövkap and Aron like this.

Without Jesus, a hopeless end. With him, an endless hope.
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old November 19th, 2018, 21:38 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pista View Post
Major George..we had two misfits as opponents..it always depends on who you play..so relax as we have a very long day to go.
Indeed. Although even if Finland is unspectacular, beating the top team in the group can only be a positive, especially with a clean sheet.

Quote:

The center of European ball in terms of talent and winning ability? These teams are precisely in this group because they're NOT that

It does appear we're getting into form although let's not get carried away with this 3 match unbeaten streak. The away Estonia game might as well be a loss.
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old November 19th, 2018, 23:24
Premier Player

How do the seeding and placing permutations look after today's games? Anybody tuned into the latest developments?
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old November 20th, 2018, 03:14
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
How do the seeding and placing permutations look after today's games? Anybody tuned into the latest developments?
todays games were bad for us, we must hope tomorrow both games go in our favour (unlikely)
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old November 20th, 2018, 03:21
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by szövkap View Post
todays games were bad for us, we must hope tomorrow both games go in our favour (unlikely)
OK. Keep on the lookout after tomorrow's matches like I will. I'll probably ask the same thing szovkap after tomorrow's games since your a master resident expert here.
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old November 20th, 2018, 22:23 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in