How to make Hungarians cry!

Ok, turn the clock back 10 years approx. Now check the players avalible to us:

Kiraly Gábor - Hertha BSC / Aston Villa
Babos Gábor - Feyenoord
Fülöp Márton - Man City

Juhász Roland - Anderlecht
Bodnár Laci - Red Bull Salzburg
Feher Cs - PSV
Kádár Tomi - Newcastle United ("1st team")

(this is where it hurts the most)

Gera Zoltán - WBA
Huszti Szabolcs - Hannover / Zenit
Dzudzsák Balázs - PSV
Hajnal Tamás - Bor Dortmund
Buzsáky Ákos - QPR
Stieber Zoltán - Hamburg
Vadócz Krisztián - Osasuna
Tőzsér Dániel - AEK Athens
Koman Vlagyimir - Sampdoria
Vass Ádám - Brescia

Szalai Ádám - Schalke
Torghelle Sándor- Panathinikos
Nemanja Nikolics - Legia Warsaw
Szabics Imre - VfB Stuttgart

I added their best club team in their careers.

Why was it so difficult to find a team with these players? There is quality there. We should've had better results. Especially during the Koeman era and after. Where all these players were avalible.

Also, if these guys can't make it. What chance have the current keret got?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old July 3rd, 2018, 07:26
Star Player

Teams: Chippenham FM18, Dagenham & Redbridge FIFA 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentex View Post

Babos Gábor - Feyenoord
Fülöp Márton - Man City

Feher Cs - PSV

Gera Zoltán - WBA
Dzudzsák Balázs - PSV
Buzsáky Ákos - QPR
Stieber Zoltán - Hamburg
Vass Ádám - Brescia

Szalai Ádám - Schalke

Why was it so difficult to find a team with these players? There is quality there. We should've had better results. Especially during the Koeman era and after. Where all these players were avalible.

You saw what Tunisia can do. What Japan can do. So there you go, the current keret does have a chance for anything.

Without Jesus, a hopeless end. With him, an endless hope.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old July 3rd, 2018, 07:30 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Magyar NT
You saying Japan and Tunisia are jobb?

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old July 3rd, 2018, 12:15
Star Player

Quote:
You saying Japan and Tunisia are jobb?
I say they don't have a much better squad than ours and they play a superior football.
Árpád_ likes this.

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old July 3rd, 2018, 23:37
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: USA/Hungarian NT
Quote:

Babos Gábor - Feyenoord
Fülöp Márton - Man City

Feher Cs - PSV

Gera Zoltán - WBA
Dzudzsák Balázs - PSV
Buzsáky Ákos - QPR
Stieber Zoltán - Hamburg
Vass Ádám - Brescia

Szalai Ádám - Schalke

You're right, although these players never had qualifying as easy as in the recent Euro run. That combined with the #csakegyutt organization/belief we had then may have been the difference. Of course some of these guys were still there, even if on their válogatott last legs.

Chance for the current keret is next to none. The only hope is those who went to külföld early, but that's nothing new. We've had those kids before. Plus most of them are too young to make any immediate impact, if they actually become something.

List probably makes us look a little better than we actually were. Kádár didn't do much at Newcastle, Koman at Sampdoria. Stieber slightly more at Hamburg. Don't recall how Vass did at Brescia.

What's really sad is we're not even good enough to be given a chance to fail at these clubs now
szövkap likes this.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old July 4th, 2018, 00:04
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zhetysu Taldykorgan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandeer View Post
I say they don't have a much better squad than ours and they play a superior football.
Japan's squad is largely made up of players from the Bundesliga, EPL, La Liga, Ligue 1, and other decent European leagues... Hungary have players from Kazakhstan and Hong Kong ffs. Think you're underselling Japan's squad a tad.
Bentex likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbox Ana
let me give u a lil love
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old July 4th, 2018, 07:16
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
Japan's squad is largely made up of players from the Bundesliga, EPL, La Liga, Ligue 1, and other decent European leagues... Hungary have players from Kazakhstan and Hong Kong ffs. Think you're underselling Japan's squad a tad.
You're right, I just checked and they do have many players in those leagues, my mistake.

I stand by what I said about Tunisia though.

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old July 4th, 2018, 21:41
International

Teams: USA and Hungarian NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandeer View Post
Simply because they play teamball and hardly any 25 meter hopefully shots..the way Magyars used to play!

Buy a football jersey and get a billboard
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old July 5th, 2018, 00:16 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite

Kádár played in nb2 for Newcastle. That's why I added him. Not Németh for example. He never played for Liverpool and hardly any at AEK.

Koman snd Vass played games in Samp and Bresia. I suppose I should have added Vaskó too, but I didn't think. He had the quality. These boys did.

Regarding Koman many people say he should be in the team now.

It is shooking to me the quality we had. Way more than Slovenia and Slovakia for example. Who qualified for tournements.

Something to cheer us up. England had incredible talent and never made a team. Rooney, Lampard, Stevie G etc. Now they have a team with lesser players and are getting results..

I often think about kicking Erwin Koeman in the nuts. He had Huszti, Gera, Juji, etc but refused to call up in-form Németh, Koman and Szalai. He would've had experience players at their peak and exciting youngsters.

Oh well! I just get so annoyed and frustraded. I can see us going back to the Sebőkvili amd Tökölinadze days.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old July 5th, 2018, 00:25 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pista View Post
Simply because they play teamball and hardly any 25 meter hopefully shots..the way Magyars used to play!
Jürgen Klinsmann was on brit telly and he said they play team ball and they won't panic etc. I thougt he overegged it... But I was really surprised. Belgium had to hit high balls to "The Tree" in order to win. Japan couldn't handle that. I don't get why all the Japanese players are so short. I had a pen pal that was 6ft 3in!

Tzlking of Klinsy, he had to comment on Neymar's play acting. The other 3 holding back the giggles. As Klinsy was the biggest actor on the pitch of all time. Even got an opponent sent off in the world cup final 1990.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old July 5th, 2018, 03:49
Xtratime Elite

Teams: MTK
Quote:
Kádár played in nb2 for Newcastle. That's why I added him. Not Németh for example. He never played for Liverpool and hardly any at AEK.

Koman snd Vass played games in Samp and Bresia. I suppose I should have added Vaskó too, but I didn't think. He had the quality. These boys did.

Regarding Koman many people say he should be in the team now.

It is shooking to me the quality we had. Way more than Slovenia and Slovakia for example. Who qualified for tournements.

Something to cheer us up. England had incredible talent and never made a team. Rooney, Lampard, Stevie G etc. Now they have a team with lesser players and are getting results..

I often think about kicking Erwin Koeman in the nuts. He had Huszti, Gera, Juji, etc but refused to call up in-form Németh, Koman and Szalai. He would've had experience players at their peak and exciting youngsters.

Oh well! I just get so annoyed and frustraded. I can see us going back to the Sebőkvili amd Tökölinadze days.
I remember Koman was there in the Moldova game at Chisinau

anyways, we'd love to be now where we were in the Sebökvili and Tökölinadze days
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old July 5th, 2018, 04:26 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite

Koman played that game in Moldova in 2011 under Eggman. Not under Koeman. Koeman even played Juhász in midfield.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old July 5th, 2018, 08:52
Star Player

Yeah I remember that, I was in Romania at the time. Losing 3-0 to Moldova ffs even the Romanians were surprised

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old July 5th, 2018, 18:01
Rising Star

Looking at that list, many weren't playing for their team consistently enough at the same time...they werent selected and certainly didn't all play together at once. If you look at those guys, many of them were the ones that got to euro 2nd round. Dzsudzsak, kadar, Stieber, juhasz, kiraly, szalai. If you put stieber, have to include Nemeth who had a very good beginning in Greece. They won the group and looked good in the group stage..even if the Portugal game was a scrimmage type, we should have beaten Iceland..dominated the game and if we won, we'd be group winners before the Portugal game anyways.

Koeman's first qualifier was against Denmark at home I believe. He tried using all the top players by putting Huszti as striker (Dzsudzsak replaced him already at wing). Huszti messed up on a breakaway and we drew 0-0. Don't recall whether he kept this idea of having the best players play even if its at another position, but it would have been a good idea.

Right now you can say that our attackers will be as successful if not more than that list. Daniel Salloi (if he chooses to leave US) and Roland Sallai will be top league players. Szalai and Nemeth are still playing. Dzsudzsak is still playing. In 10 years, you can say we had these 5 guys to pick from. Midfield Szoboszlai , Nagy. Goalie Gulacsi. Defense Kadar, Orban (maybe), Otigba (played in Holland so if you put guys that play in Poland, have to include Holland), Bese. Point is we are more talented than Finland or Greece and in 10 years you can say, we should have done more.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old July 5th, 2018, 19:52
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: USA/Hungarian NT
Yeah, how many on that list were important húzóemberek on those teams? Gera, Buzsáky (relatively short time), Huszti, Juhász, Juji is about it. Of course that's surely more than we could say now.

Is it actually true that many want Koman in now? Basically done nothing for years. He started so promising, but I don't see how we could expect anything like that from him now. If he was 24-25 perhaps there'd still be a chance. He's one of the biggest disappointments in recent years because showed he could do it at NT level. Even with much less experience he was already better than Hajnal.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old July 5th, 2018, 20:09
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Koman played that game in Moldova in 2011 under Eggman. Not under Koeman. Koeman even played Juhász in midfield.
He was defo in the squad when we beat Moldos in Chišinau, saw him with other team members in the hotel lounge, not sure if he played though but was called up
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old July 6th, 2018, 04:15
Xtratime Elite

my bad, that was Eggman game already, confused it with Albania where we met Erwin
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old July 7th, 2018, 20:22 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite

Bout to say!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in