Hungary vs Costa Rica - Nov 14, 2017 l Groupama Arena, Budapest - Page 2 - Xtratime Community
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 40 (permalink) Old November 14th, 2017, 22:57
Premier Player

Teams: Magyar NT, Ferencvaros & Honved
I think Costa Rica brought their strong A-game but they were shy of a few players that will go to the World Cup. Costa Rica probably believed they would win today against the 'boys that lost to Luxembourg.

It was a complete revamped lineup up and down the board, Varga was everywhere.

I knew Nikolics was a special player and he doth it once again! I stand corrected, he has won 5 domestic league scoring MVPs (Puskas had 8).

I do have to say, it is not very easy for any team to win in Budapest. Just imagine the terrific home-field advantage when the 70,000 seat new state-of-the-art Puskas Stadium II is built.

Well gents, goodbye to 2017. Let's get together again in 2018 for new games and Victory's batons. Caio!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 40 (permalink) Old November 14th, 2017, 23:13 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: USA/Hungarian NT
Varga was everywhere? I thought Nagy was...or both? What was the lineup?

Ha Puskas had league scoring titles in strong leagues, back when our silly NB1 was a whole lot closer than it is now. Niko hasn't come anywhere close to playing in a top league
post #23 of 40 (permalink) Old November 14th, 2017, 23:33 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pista View Post
Foci brains on the free kick pass..anywhere for a replay of the game? We got to compare the players on Costa Rica..this must have been their "C" team. Anyway, this new manager is trying a different offensive..I give him lotsa credit for that.
Quote:
Juji would never give a free kick pass like that..no man..he has to score it all by himself!

That wasn't a pass, it was a shot....and a bad one. Credit to Niko for being on it though
Dandeer likes this.

post #24 of 40 (permalink) Old November 14th, 2017, 23:43
International

Teams: USA and Hungarian NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aron View Post
That wasn't a pass, it was a shot....and a bad one. Credit to Niko for being on it though
How do you know that was a pass..anyway..that is a good play and should be used more often.

Niko was waiting it..that how it seems to me.

Buy a football jersey and get a billboard
post #25 of 40 (permalink) Old November 14th, 2017, 23:57
Premier Player

Quote:
Varga was everywhere? I thought Nagy was...or both? What was the lineup?

Ha Puskas had league scoring titles in strong leagues, back when our silly NB1 was a whole lot closer than it is now. Niko hasn't come anywhere close to playing in a top league
What was this rotten business of some boycott today against the game? Seems deeply unpatriotic and unsportsmanlike. What or who were they boycotting?

I disagree about Nikolics, he's played in 1st division all his career as did Puskas, of course the game has changed and the level of competition is different but 1st division is 1st division. Both Varga and Nagy were everywhere. We had a near crackerjack front-three late in the game strong as an ox with Nemeth-Nikolics-Bode; we almost capitalized twice.

Once more Nikolics proves he's a top-flight ballplayer. You can check the lineup here: LiveScore : Hungary vs Costa Rica
post #26 of 40 (permalink) Old November 15th, 2017, 00:54 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorGeorge View Post
What was this rotten business of some boycott today against the game? Seems deeply unpatriotic and unsportsmanlike. What or who were they boycotting?
The ones who bring the hangulat..

http://www.csakfoci.hu/magyar-foci/v...set-kozlemeny#

Quote:
I disagree about Nikolics, he's played in 1st division all his career as did Puskas, of course the game has changed and the level of competition is different but 1st division is 1st division. Both Varga and Nagy were everywhere. We had a near crackerjack front-three late in the game strong as an ox with Nemeth-Nikolics-Bode; we almost capitalized twice.

Once more Nikolics proves he's a top-flight ballplayer. You can check the lineup here: LiveScore : Hungary vs Costa Rica
1st division, but where? If you disagree that what Niko has done isn't comparable to being a top scorer at Honvéd in the 50s and Real Madrid in the 60s then don't even know what to to tell you. Just plain wrong. The biggest league Niko has played in is Poland. Is that league even in the top 20 in Europe? It's laughable to even compare.
post #27 of 40 (permalink) Old November 15th, 2017, 06:24
Star Player

Teams: Chippenham FM18, Dagenham & Redbridge FIFA 10
I liked the goal, it had spirit.

Without Jesus, a hopeless end. With him, an endless hope.
post #28 of 40 (permalink) Old November 15th, 2017, 07:02
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Magyar NT
Juji is 31 next month. That's not too early to retire! Get some #TeamBall action.
post #29 of 40 (permalink) Old November 15th, 2017, 07:13
Star Player

He wants to be the next Gera (which he'll never be) plus he know he will struggle after retirement.

post #30 of 40 (permalink) Old November 15th, 2017, 11:14
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Magyar NT
Must be hard living with millions of euros in Hungary.

Coz I've not cared I've not looked into any investments he made. There are several average prem footballers who put their wage into land back in the 90s. Which quadrupled their money and then some almost overnight (mine went from 45k to 150k). Same with a big brother contestent. She didn't win, but she would get Ł500 an interview here and there. Instead of buying shit she didn't need she bought land too. She is now worth around $10m and people don't remember her.

Because he's a Ju, he must have made some investments and not just replacing sports cars that he crashes.
post #31 of 40 (permalink) Old November 15th, 2017, 16:26
Premier Player

Quote:

1st division, but where? If you disagree that what Niko has done isn't comparable to being a top scorer at Honvéd in the 50s and Real Madrid in the 60s then don't even know what to to tell you. Just plain wrong. The biggest league Niko has played in is Poland. Is that league even in the top 20 in Europe? It's laughable to even compare.

Aron, all I declared is that Nikolics has won 5 domestic league scoring MVPs and that "of course the game has changed and the level of competition is different". You really believe the Polish league is better than American 1st division? American first-division is getting better and better and greater. That's where Nikolics won his 5th.

IN any event, the traditional left-winger Dzsudzsak did not play and we were spared the boneheaded illogical erratic inaccurate crosses and ball pumping into the box, thus perhaps helped secure the win.

I do have to say this about Dzsudzsak:--he is a master craftsman off set-pieces and corners, that's where he shines his best, no other player on the team is great as him in that regard. His placekicking is par excellance no question, and he is the slickest and inexhaustible runner who does earn what he is worth in whatever league he plays in....BUT the other elements of his game are not needed.

Last edited by MajorGeorge; November 15th, 2017 at 16:34.
post #32 of 40 (permalink) Old November 15th, 2017, 21:21 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Quote:
How do you know that was a pass..anyway..that is a good play and should be used more often.

Niko was waiting it..that how it seems to me.
Just have to watch how he takes it. He was going for the bottom corner but his accuracy was not there. It worked out though so it was a good play, although not by design.

Quote:
Aron, all I declared is that Nikolics has won 5 domestic league scoring MVPs and that "of course the game has changed and the level of competition is different". You really believe the Polish league is better than American 1st division? American first-division is getting better and better and greater. That's where Nikolics won his 5th.
Yeah, I know where he just won his last one. Does it matter if MLS or the Polish league is better? The point is they both suck. If had to choose I'd assume Polish is a higher standard, but that's just a guess. That league is a stepping stone to stronger leagues in the way MLS isn't (course yes being in Europe is an advantage). You also declared "1st division is 1st division", but you know the 1st division in Hungary is equal to what in Spain? 4th, if we're lucky.

Last edited by Aron; November 15th, 2017 at 21:31.
post #33 of 40 (permalink) Old November 15th, 2017, 21:28 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

post #34 of 40 (permalink) Old November 15th, 2017, 22:02
International

Teams: USA and Hungarian NT
Quote:
That is what Pista Ba likes to see..new name for him: Buszaky II
szövkap and Aron like this.

Buy a football jersey and get a billboard
post #35 of 40 (permalink) Old November 16th, 2017, 00:05 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

It's nice. Hopefully he can have a better NT career than Buzsaky.
post #36 of 40 (permalink) Old November 16th, 2017, 01:51
Premier Player

Aron, how rare it is to have a 5 time league scoring MVP on your team? It is very rare indeed. Let me ask you, what 5-time scoring MVPs or more do you know right now whose playing in the game? Not many indeed I'm sure. They are rare.

We didn't have the great services of a player such as this, where was the sweet engine that could in Gera Zoltan and Kleinsheisler in 2017? Is Kleinsheisler a flash a pan, one-hit or two-hit wonder or is he more? What's his career like today?

Is Gera Zoltan ever coming back in good trim and top form? Ferencvaros is still the great franchise of good bandwidth and Gera Zoltan is playing on the team ranked still #1 in Magyarorszag! Gera Zoltan bar none was the greatest player for a midfield choreographer from Hungary this century, how much greatness is left in the tank?

Questions on Gera and Kleinsheisler also need to be answered for 2018 for the old wily pro from Belgium. I hope we get all the pieces put together like a Rubic's Cube.

Last edited by MajorGeorge; November 16th, 2017 at 02:07.
post #37 of 40 (permalink) Old November 16th, 2017, 05:43
Star Player

Quote:
Just have to watch how he takes it. He was going for the bottom corner but his accuracy was not there. It worked out though so it was a good play, although not by design.

Yeah, I know where he just won his last one. Does it matter if MLS or the Polish league is better? The point is they both suck. If had to choose I'd assume Polish is a higher standard, but that's just a guess. That league is a stepping stone to stronger leagues in the way MLS isn't (course yes being in Europe is an advantage). You also declared "1st division is 1st division", but you know the 1st division in Hungary is equal to what in Spain? 4th, if we're lucky.
Totally in agreement with you. Also, I saw 5th division games live in Madrid, it's much better then NB1, so probably 6 or 7.
szövkap and Aron like this.

post #38 of 40 (permalink) Old November 16th, 2017, 11:56
Xtratime Elite

Teams: MTK
Andorra have some players in Spain NB4 and NB5, so yeah sounds about right
Aron likes this.
post #39 of 40 (permalink) Old November 16th, 2017, 21:28 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Quote:
Aron, how rare it is to have a 5 time league scoring MVP on your team? It is very rare indeed. Let me ask you, what 5-time scoring MVPs or more do you know right now whose playing in the game? Not many indeed I'm sure. They are rare.
I didn't say it's not rare but it's a bit silly to just look at it on the surface as you're doing. Yes, 5 is impressive but once again he's done this in small leagues. There are many players in Europe on Niko's level, but they would rather play on smaller teams in stronger leagues than in Hungary, Poland NB1 and MLS. There are countless players in second divisions in Europe who could have a shot at winning the scoring title in MLS, just they'd never consider coming to play for the Chicago Fire I'm not saying he's not good as I do like him, but he's a big fish in a small pond. Usually not enough for NT level. That being said I would've given him much more of a chance than he's gotten.
post #40 of 40 (permalink) Old November 16th, 2017, 22:55
Premier Player

Aron, I'm drunk at a classy italian-american restaurant, Fillippi's Pizza Grotto in San Diego, like I may have mentioned Nikolics didn't play in the big make-or-break games of 2016 or 2017 otherwise we may have gone to the World Cup, and this is correct!

We need unexampled good deeds and scoring actions and heroism from Nikolics, Gera, Kleinheisler, Nagy Adam, Vargas, Bode or Nemeth or Szalai...we can absolutely put together a good team next year. That's the good news. Hope springs eternal.
Bentex likes this.

Last edited by MajorGeorge; November 16th, 2017 at 23:26.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in