Stork to be sacked / New coach Needed - Xtratime Community
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 73 (permalink) Old October 14th, 2017, 20:14 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Magyar NT
Stork to be sacked / New coach Needed

Just heard a whisper that Imre Szabics will be the new manager! Stork sacking is immanent!

Other candidates are:

Ferenc Horváth
Marco Rossi
Lothar Matthaus

Q1, who do you think will be the next manager?
Q2, who realistically do you want as manager ( Dárdai & Bölöni won't do it!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 73 (permalink) Old October 14th, 2017, 20:59
Star Player

Teams: Chippenham FM18, Dagenham & Redbridge FIFA 10
Perhaps a combination of Szabics + Marco Rossi could work? I think Rossi is willing to leave DAC for Hungary! It would be the best time for the NT for God knows how long.

Without Jesus, a hopeless end. With him, an endless hope.
post #3 of 73 (permalink) Old October 14th, 2017, 21:57 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite

What about Lothar and Szabics?

post #4 of 73 (permalink) Old October 15th, 2017, 01:14
Premier Player

Teams: Magyar NT, Ferencvaros & Honved
Storck tried the best he could, that's really all that you can ask, we were about three goals away from having a breakout year.
post #5 of 73 (permalink) Old October 15th, 2017, 03:34
Premier Player

The veteran ex-international who played in the mid-2000s in the primetime of Gera's captaincy, that Imre Szabics? Not a bad call, its fresh and new.

Bentex, check this out, Szabics was a very good player: in the 13 games he scored, only one was a loss! Quaint midas-touch he had.

They should get Szabics a two-year try and surround him with the best supporting cast, the very best people and experts and we will be OK or better.
Bentex likes this.

Last edited by MajorGeorge; October 15th, 2017 at 03:53.
post #6 of 73 (permalink) Old October 15th, 2017, 16:47
Premier Player

Personally, I think Storck should still be retained on a provisional basis until the end of the year.

If we do badly in the next two matches, we simply move on to a new manager starting in 2018.

Let the coach close out strong this year and let him have the best of games the next two matches.
post #7 of 73 (permalink) Old October 15th, 2017, 19:04
Star Player

Teams: Chippenham FM18, Dagenham & Redbridge FIFA 10
I agree.

Without Jesus, a hopeless end. With him, an endless hope.
post #8 of 73 (permalink) Old October 15th, 2017, 21:10
International

Teams: USA and Hungarian NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorGeorge View Post
Personally, I think Storck should still be retained on a provisional basis until the end of the year.

If we do badly in the next two matches, we simply move on to a new manager starting in 2018.

Let the coach close out strong this year and let him have the best of games the next two matches.

Sure..let the lunacy continue!

Buy a football jersey and get a billboard
post #9 of 73 (permalink) Old October 15th, 2017, 21:12
Premier Player

We shouldn't rush to judgement on the decision of the head manager. A decision will be made Tuesday; and I think the football association owes the head manager a little more confidence after all we won our group in Euro2016 which was quite a feat in itself after 44 years!

I also think Imre Szabics is too young to be head manager, I think you need to be 40 or better to be head coach, that job simply is not a manager-in-trainee position, it's the most elder and senior position of football management in a country.

Very smart and careful decisions need to be made for the right candidate to be in that position, somebody with a career track record, somebody with proven experience, somebody who can motivate and teach the advanced techniques and nuances and subtleties. Somebody who knows how to scout, spot and integrate good talent and make all those pieces dynamically sparkle and not lose on the field and win a majority of their games.

I think the team is looking not necessarily for a journeyman coach, a technical foreign trainer or some galvanizing spiritual football guru, but a genuine, long-haul legitimate manager who will be there for the long duration in 10, 15, 20+ years' time.

You know maybe, Storck should be given one more year if we closes out the year strong. Two years is simply not enough time to build out a strong team which this team is capable of being.

The onus is on him and his team, and the team has to perform primarily first. If the team talent is simply not there, then I'd say Storck was a successful manager.
post #10 of 73 (permalink) Old October 17th, 2017, 01:48
Xtratime Elite

Teams: MTK
I have such a feeling it might be Gézafiam
post #11 of 73 (permalink) Old October 17th, 2017, 02:08
Xtratime Elite

these 9 ppl will decide about Storck tomorrow and about what happens next if they sack him

Csányi Sanyi, Mlsz elnök, OTP owner and Hungary's richest man

Bánki Erik, politician and member of parliament

Dankó Béla, also member of parliament and within the Mlsz chief of amateur foci department

Dr. Török Gábor, historian-politologist, uni tanár, responsible for női foci in Mlsz

Nyilasi Tibi, well Nyilasi Tibi, ezüstcipős focista

Balogh Gabriella, works for some Media pool whatever, but used to be at OTP too

Dr. Anthony Radev, some McKinsey and MOL dude, bulgo-american

Berzi Sándor, some old Mlsz butor

Garancsi István, Videoton owner
post #12 of 73 (permalink) Old October 17th, 2017, 07:35
Premier Player

I'll just say this, the team is currently below average level (a 5.00 out of 10) but has gone to heights not achieved since 1972 and produced three mini-mythic matches last year, the magnificent, delicious 2-0 upset of #11 Austria the biggest marvel of all.

His first year was successful, the next year Switzerland and Portugal were better than us by merely 3 goals at home.

I would rate Bernd Strock a solid 6 as a national manager

Last edited by MajorGeorge; October 17th, 2017 at 07:41.
post #13 of 73 (permalink) Old October 17th, 2017, 13:40
Xtratime Elite

interesting interjú with Bölöni Laci about magyar foci and the szövkapkérdés here

Bölöni: Az én magyar kapitányságomnak már harangoztak - NSO
post #14 of 73 (permalink) Old October 17th, 2017, 23:39
International

Teams: USA and Hungarian NT
The manager should be like what Varga Zoli said..get the young players and develop them..let them play together. Did not listen and the bad foci continues. Here is a link to yesterday's game..all goals were beautiful..can you admire the team play and skill. in 8 years, USA will be world champs!

https://www.facebook.com/GiveMeSport...2Y&pnref=story
szövkap likes this.

Buy a football jersey and get a billboard
post #15 of 73 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2017, 00:52
Premier Player

I think in all honestly the head manager was dealing with issues of injuries and premier scoring players abroad (namely Nikolics) who were not part of national team games; where was the wily Gera Zoltan in 2017? The sparkplug in Kleinheisler?

Truly the team that was assembled in June and July of 2017, the magnificent game against Austria 2-0, 1-1 Iceland and 3-3 Portugal we didn't have in 2018. Some of the pieces were missing and the scoring aplomb of a player like Nikolics we didn't get at all.

We of course new fresh talent but a 'full team' of youngsters would get schooled and throttled by much more powerful veteran national teams.

If you look at this way: we gave up 3 own-goals in the campaign (one against Swizterland and 2 against the Swiss again at home), therefore we yielded 1.2 goals/game, which is not bad.

We needed two goals to beat Portugal at home, we didn't get it. We needed one goal to beat the Fareos away and we didn't get it. 3 goals decided the whole campaign. I think Storck did a solid job but it wasn't enough.

Last edited by MajorGeorge; October 18th, 2017 at 01:31.
post #16 of 73 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2017, 14:24 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite

My guy was on the money.

Stork is sacked (there was no meeting regarding sacking, they already decided).

There is caretaker coach and that is Szélesi Zoltán. He will take charge over the games against Ultralux and Costa Rica.

Straight from my guy close to the fire. IMRE SZABICS is number one choice still. If they fail in negotiations there is no second choice but a list of possibilities.

Szabics worked with Dárdai and if they can't get Dárdai they want the closest thing.
post #17 of 73 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2017, 23:49
Premier Player

Your grapevine is good.

Zoltan's going to have to hew out a young good team before the year is over and hand the baton off to the new manager in 2018. What a task.

I think what we're going to see is a new younger draft and just the veteran experienced players who had capably performed and in peak condition as starters not bench-warmers the next two games.

I think we need to draft the TOP 4 professional elite forward players in the Nemzeti Bajnoksag whom experts and the press give high accolades to and who always get high marks in the sports media and among the analysts. For instance this new player Szabo or Ugrai.

We unite that to our established via skill/experience/constant talent/intangibles TOP 7 A-Listers: a fresh new ensemble and we test it vigorously in training and with in emotional desire fiery speeches about teamwork, hard work, goals and visions, and the qualities of excellence which marry luck.

There's going to be a bonanza of big league ball next year with this Nation's League. I think we can sweep the board in the tournament next year!
post #18 of 73 (permalink) Old October 19th, 2017, 02:12
Xtratime Elite

so far, the possible names who are being discussed as next full szövkap,

Marco Rossi

Paulo Sousa

Lothar Matthäus

Imre Szabics

László Bölöni

Zsolt Löw

FRed Rutten

Thomas SChaaf

Thomas Tuchel

the dude at Östersunds, forgot his name, I think he skót

and some others

will it be one of them?
post #19 of 73 (permalink) Old October 19th, 2017, 03:45
Premier Player

I think it's too close to call between Szabics and Boloni, they might be the blue-chips for the head job.

I think this is Boloni's last chance and opportunity to inherit a solid Magyar nemzeti A-csapat, if he ever wanted or wished for the job this is the time now for him to enter and entertain his fantasies about one if the most charmed, famous and storied sides in the world.

I'd like a see a manager who can speak in Magyar, somebody with a high football IQ, a players' coach and somebody with emotional ballast and depth who is invested 110% in the men and shows it on the sidelines in celebration and when issuing instructions during gameplay.

We need somebody who is strongly attuned to the rock-solid fundamentals and basics and who can teach the more advanced master techniques and subtleties or has a great staff that does, somebody who can bring his mind 110% into his work and job, a consummate pro whose dedication day in day out is wrapped into his work and it shows to the players who are doubly motivated and inspired by the elder sportsman's zeal and expertise.

Last edited by MajorGeorge; October 19th, 2017 at 05:16.
post #20 of 73 (permalink) Old October 19th, 2017, 11:07 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite

Bölöni isn't being considered.

He told the MLSZ several times no and they are pissed with him and Bölöni won't come unless there are players where he can achieve something. Plus he has a job he won't leave right now.

Forget the media list...they are just selling papers. Szabics is the guy... when he gives his answer and if it's no...then we can speculate. But until then, there is no point. We know sooner than later someone will suggest you know who. I can't take a cry baby as coach. Don't dare say his name!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in