NB2 thread - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 54 (permalink) Old August 17th, 2015, 19:03 Thread Starter
Rookie

Teams: AFC Bournemouth and Gyirmot
NB2 thread

Hi all,

Some of you may know me from Twitter, some not! I wondered whether there was an appetite for a thread about all things NB2? Over the last 12 months I have developed an unhealthy love for Gyirmot, a bizarre obsession with Csakvari and been to a number of other NB2 stadia (Soproni, Siofok a couple of times for example)

Anybody else here follow the fortunes of NB2 sides?

As my NB1 side (ETO) are now an NB3 side, Gyirmot and Csakvari are as good as it gets for me in Hungary!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 54 (permalink) Old August 17th, 2015, 21:04
BARRED!
Xtratime Elite

Teams: MTK
why not call them Gyirmoti, Bournemouthi and Siofoki then in all consequence? p
post #3 of 54 (permalink) Old August 18th, 2015, 10:03
Legend

Teams: Man Utd, Luch Energiya, Haladas, Hungary
Pretty sure people will be interested I know Ujpest Gills sometimes is seen at NBII games, and Andor likes to keep a keen eye on Gyirmot too.

Just a heads up, you only need to say Csakvari if you say Csakvari TK otherwise it's just Csakvar, the i essentially means Tersztyánszky Ödön Sportközpont OF Csakvar and same for Gyirmot, Debrecen, Ferencvaros etc

post #4 of 54 (permalink) Old August 18th, 2015, 22:04
BARRED!
Xtratime Elite

Teams: MTK
it's the same when people say Hamburger instead of Hamburg or HSV
post #5 of 54 (permalink) Old August 18th, 2015, 23:51
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Magyar NT
What did you think of the Soproni stadium? Did you see the advertisements for the strip club? My cousin's best mate owns that.

Her sister's own a different bar.

Kinda cool when I'm there. Wake up and walk gown into a bar for breakfast. In the evening go to the strip club. It's a tough life!
post #6 of 54 (permalink) Old August 20th, 2015, 17:10 Thread Starter
Rookie

yeah, Hungarian grammar isn't my strong point :-) You know us English guys, learn the words for hello, beer and the rest just you say in English slowly and loudly ha ha!!

The stadium in Sopron was pretty good - certainly the biggest of the NB2 grounds I went to. I don't specifically recall seeing advertising in the stadium for any strip clubs, but I think there was a flyer on my windscreen when I came out after the game. I do remember I went to get a beer and a hotdog at half-time, but they had run out of hotdog rolls, so they gave me a sausage, a slice of bread and a pile of mustard on a paper plate instead, and only charged me 200 forint for it ha ha.

My favourite stadium though has to be in Csakvar, only 1 real stand along 1 side, and about a couple of hundred seats behind 1 goal for away fans. But in the main stand they had obviously blagged the seats from a bunch of other clubs, so they're a mish-mash of all different colours, with the other teams logo on etc. I think I sat on seats from Sopron, Ujpest and ETO during my games there!
post #7 of 54 (permalink) Old August 20th, 2015, 17:49
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: USA/Hungarian NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by landlordgreeno View Post
My favourite stadium though has to be in Csakvar, only 1 real stand along 1 side, and about a couple of hundred seats behind 1 goal for away fans. But in the main stand they had obviously blagged the seats from a bunch of other clubs, so they're a mish-mash of all different colours, with the other teams logo on etc. I think I sat on seats from Sopron, Ujpest and ETO during my games there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by szövkap View Post
it's the same when people say Hamburger instead of Hamburg or HSV
Hamburger is more fun to say in the same way saying someone was pants is
post #8 of 54 (permalink) Old August 20th, 2015, 18:00
Legend

Quote:
But in the main stand they had obviously blagged the seats from a bunch of other clubs, so they're a mish-mash of all different colours, with the other teams logo on etc. I think I sat on seats from Sopron, Ujpest and ETO during my games there!
That is amazing. That's probably what the Fradi fans do with the seats after ripping them out of the opposition's stadium
post #9 of 54 (permalink) Old August 22nd, 2015, 07:45 Thread Starter
Rookie

Some interesting matches in the NB2 today. Csakvar and Szolnok both at home so should be looking to continue their strong starts to the season. Can Gyirmot pinch an away win at Ajka? I think they just might!
post #10 of 54 (permalink) Old August 22nd, 2015, 11:58
Star Player

Teams: Chippenham FM18, Dagenham & Redbridge FIFA 10
Quote:
That is so funny! I did some refereeing in that stadium, beautiful grass at the time and great atmosphere in the dressing rooms!

Without Jesus, a hopeless end. With him, an endless hope.
post #11 of 54 (permalink) Old August 23rd, 2015, 08:00 Thread Starter
Rookie

So Csakvar and Szolnok revert to type, both suffering defeats yesterday. Gyirmot with another solid away win, top of the table and yet to concede a goal after 4 games! Unheard of! Great 4-0 win for Zala, looks like they might be in amongst it this season perhaps? Anyone know why Szeged v Soroksar was postponed?
post #12 of 54 (permalink) Old August 29th, 2015, 23:23 Thread Starter
Rookie

Decent away draw for Gyirmot today. Sees them top of the pile tonight. Csakvar lose at surprise package Budaors. Honorable mention to Ajka today, 5-0 home win v Szeged
post #13 of 54 (permalink) Old September 10th, 2015, 19:00 Thread Starter
Rookie

Some interesting matches in NB2 this weekend at top and bottom. Fancy Sopron to register their first win home to Vac. But the pick of the bunch for me has to be the games Budaors v Gyirmot and Csakvar v Mezokovesd. Wish I was in Hungary this weekend, would get to both of them. maybe have to miss the first 10 mins at Csakvar unless you put your foot down!

Have to say I am not such a fan of putting all the games on Saturday, I used to enjoy getting to games all over the weekend... A highlight of last season was Csakvar on Friday night, Siofok on Saturday and then Haladas on Sunday, what a way to spend a weekend that is ��
post #14 of 54 (permalink) Old September 21st, 2015, 12:46
Legend

I know this is the NB2 thread but it might as well be anything below NB1

Fradi are killing it in NBIII like their first XI Their team is pretty good, though and a few first teamers sometimes play for them when they're coming back from fitness

post #15 of 54 (permalink) Old September 25th, 2015, 15:06
Legend

Not sure if any of you have ever heard of them but there's a club who are top of the fourth tier in Hungary called Inter CDF and they're almost entirely made of up of African immigrants. They've just made it to the third round of the Magyar Kupa and they face a team from NBIII at home so there's a chance they could get through that too and potentially face one of the big boys in the next round. Some more info on them here, pretty interesting story:

http://intercdf.eu/the-club/history/

Anyway, I'm going to write a piece on them and have managed to talk to a couple of their players (one Magyar, one Nigerian) and have an interview with their chairman and manager and I was wondering if anyone had any questions they'd like to ask. Ta!
post #16 of 54 (permalink) Old September 25th, 2015, 15:30
Star Player

Teams: Chippenham FM18, Dagenham & Redbridge FIFA 10
Which fourth tier are we talking about?

Without Jesus, a hopeless end. With him, an endless hope.
post #17 of 54 (permalink) Old September 25th, 2015, 15:33
Legend

post #18 of 54 (permalink) Old September 25th, 2015, 18:09
First Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
Xtratime Legend

Teams: In Immers we trust
Are they looking forward to play against Fradi one day?
post #19 of 54 (permalink) Old September 25th, 2015, 18:55
Legend

post #20 of 54 (permalink) Old September 25th, 2015, 19:52
First Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
Xtratime Legend

Teams: In Immers we trust
Legit question though, because I can imagine that a lot of them ended up at this club because of the abuse they have received (on a daily basis?) by their fans and during playing.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in