Poll: the greatest all-time Hungarian team - Xtratime Community
View Poll Results: Who is the Greatest All-Time Team in the Hungarian 1st Division
1918 MTK 0 0%
1931 Ferencvaros 3 100.00%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old June 18th, 2014, 21:11 Thread Starter
AKA Galloping Shakespeare
Premier Player

Teams: Ferencvaros & Honved, Hungary varsity
Poll: the greatest all-time Hungarian team

Who was the greatest all-time Hungarian team in the domestic league?

1) 1918 MTK -- 21 wins, 1 draw, 0 losses, Goals F: 147 (6.68 goals per game), Goals Against: 10 (.45 goals per game)

2 1931 Ferencvaros -- 22 wins, 0 draw, 0 losses, Goal F: 105 (4.77 goals per game), Goals Against: 18 (.82 goals per game)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old June 18th, 2014, 22:21
BARRED!
Xtratime Elite

Teams: MTK
although I am clearly biased towards MTK and it wasn't only their 1918 championship but also a series of 9 consecutive championships from 1916 to 1925, I'd give the edge to Fradi 1931. that year the league was profi already plus in the same year they also travelled to South America where they schooled among others, Flamengo and the reigning world champs Uruguay NT.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old June 25th, 2014, 01:22 Thread Starter
AKA Galloping Shakespeare
Premier Player

Teams: Ferencvaros & Honved, Hungary varsity
Szovkap, thanks for your backup in voting for the right team. Fradi is the Yankees of Hungarian football, the baseball Yankees (the name for the original patriot independence American colonial freedom fighters in north east America) have won 27 world series titles, Fradi has won 28 titles. Have you checked out the videos of the construction of the fabulously new Ferencvaros stadium yet?

I remember that in 1948-1949, Fradi had one of the greatest teams in history, they had Deak, Kocsis, Czibor, Budai and won the title, the year after that collectivization and communist nationalization took over all the clubs, and the performances in the league plummeted.

Fradi in 1948-49 scored 140 goals in 30 matches with a +104 goal differential with that star-studded lineup in one of the greatest season ever recorded.

Szovkap, I need information on the Ferencvaros vs. Uruguay NT match, I heard Fradi won and was the first to tour South America in 1929, and beat the two-time Olympic champions 3-2 who next year would win the world cup. Interesting that Uruguay was not beaten in 20 matches against European sides (17 wins, 3 draws) until 1954 in the semi-final. Uruguay were probably the greatest football side until the Aranycsapat beat them in 1954.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old June 25th, 2014, 13:52
BARRED!
Xtratime Elite

Teams: MTK
http://www.tempofradi.hu/1929-vii-21...ferencvaros-23

here is an interesting report about tghat first match vs Uruguay. the other one, I was wrong with that, on Fradi's 2nd south america trip, was won 2-1 by Uruguay.

many interesting reads about the history of Fradi in general there.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in