NBII/NBIII 2013/14 Season - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old July 2nd, 2013, 17:18 Thread Starter
Legend

Teams: FTC, Hungary
NBII/NBIII 2013/14 Season

So, the MLSZ decided to change the NBII to a 16 team format only, in which no reserve/"B" teams are allowed to participate in. The whole goal behind this change is to make the NBII more competitive and overall a stronger league.

This is how they made the new NBII:

Relegated from NBI: Siófok (Eger relegated to NBIII because they couldn't get an NBII license)

NBII East group, 2-5th place teams: Vasas, Békéscsaba, Balmazújváros, Nyíregyháza

NBII West group, 2-5th place teams: Kozármisleny, Gyirmót, Zalaegerszeg, Ajka

The winners from the rest of the match ups: Szolnok, Cegléd, Tatabánya, Dunaújváros, Várda SE, Szigetszentmiklós, Sopron

Hoping they will plan to make the NBI a 12 team league soon, and eventually a 10 team league. It's a step in the right direction though!

This is how the new NBII will look like next season:

1. Balmazújváros Sport Kft.
2. Békéscsaba 1912 Előre Futball Zrt.
3. BFC Siófok Kft.
4. CEVASPORT Kft.
5. Dunaújváros PASE Kft.
6. FC Ajka Kft.
7. Gold-Sport Szolgáltató Kft.
8. Gyirmót FC Kft.
9. Nyíregyháza Spartacus FC Kft.
10. Soproni Vasutas Futball Kft.
11. Szolnoki MÁV FC Kft.
12. SZTK Futball Kft.
13. Tatabánya FC Kft.
14. Várda Labdarúgó Kft.
15. Vasas Futball Kft.
16. ZTE FC Zrt.

Just to note, I think the Gold-Sport Szolgaltato Kft is Kozarmisleny and CEVASPORT is RESTART-CEGLEDI VSE.

Here is the NBIII for the next season:

1. Andráshida LSC
2. Bajai LSE
3. Balatonfüredi FC
4. BKV 2013 Futball Kft.
5. BSC 1924 Futball Kft.
6. Csákvári TK
7. Csepel FC Kft.
8. Diósdi TC
9. Dorogi FC
10. Dunaharaszti MTK
11. DVSC FSZ Zrt.
12. Ebes KKSE
13. Egri FC Kft.
14. ESMTK LE Kft.
15. FC Dabas SE
16. FC Hatvan
17. FC Tiszaújváros
18. Fehérvár FC Kft.
19. Felsőtárkány SC SE
20. FTC Labdarúgó Zrt.
21. Győri ETO FC Kft.
22. Gyulai Termál FC
23. Hajdúböszörményi TE
24. Honvéd FC Kft.
25. Jászapáti FK Kft.
26. Kazincbarcikai SC FC Kft.
27. Körmendi FC
28. Maglódi TC
29. MTK Budapest Zrt.
30. Nagyatádi FC
31. Orosháza FC FK Kft.
32. Putnok FC Kft.
33. REAC Sport Kft.
34. Soroksár Sport Club Kft.
35. Szeged 2011 Kft.
36. Szekszárdi UFC
37. Szombathelyi Haladás Kft.
38. Tököl VSK
39. Újbuda Labdarúgó Kft.
40. Veresegyház VSK
41. Veszprémi FC P2 Sport Kft.

Én soha nem felejtem,
Magyarnak születtem!

Itt élek Európa szívében, vízilabdában mi vagyunk a császárok és igenis nálunk élnek a világ legszebb női. Magyarország, én így szeretlek!

Tehetségben nincs hiány, hiszem hogy jó lesz még a magyar foci!

RIA,RIA, HungáRIA!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old July 3rd, 2013, 00:26
BARRED!
Xtratime Elite

Teams: MTK
finally! never understood that NBII with the 2 groups and tons of useless village teams. .
post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old July 3rd, 2013, 10:44
Rising Star

Any idea when the fixtures for NBII will be out? I've seen the NBI fixtures are on soccerway, but nothing for NBII yet.

post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old July 3rd, 2013, 11:12
BARRED!
Xtratime Elite

Teams: MTK
not out yet
post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old July 3rd, 2013, 12:24
Legend

Teams: Man Utd, Luch Energiya, Haladas, Hungary
Season only finished two weeks ago
post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old July 3rd, 2013, 13:00
First Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
Xtratime Legend

Teams: In Immers we trust
Gyirmót
post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old September 29th, 2013, 09:38
Rising Star

Dropped in on Vasas again yesterday. Nearly went to Ujbuda, but having sat in the main stand at Vasas last time, the call of the old open terrace on the other side of the stadium was too great. Ujbuda will have to wait.

It was a good decision too. It was great fun on the terrace and considerably more sociable. Ended up regretting driving as would have been good to get stuck into the beers. There was a decent bar run by the club next to the terrace that everybody tumbled out of about 5 minutes before kick off.

The game itself was entertaining. It was largely dominated by Vasas, but they are so irratic in defence, you never quite know what is going to happen and the 1-0 win they got yesterday was never entirely secure until the final whistle. There is a constant feeling of events being entirely in the lap of the Gods. Even the goal itself had an element of luck, coming from a dubious penalty late in the first half, which was initially (brilliantly) saved by the keeper before being slotted in at a tight angle off the rebound.

Hard to argue with form though, and after their disastrous start to the season Vasas have now won the last 3 on the trot. There's still a long way to go though if they are to have aspirations for the 1st division again. Both Nyíregyháza and Siófok, who are occupying the two coveted promotion places, seem unstoppable, and only 7 games in are already 11 and 9 points ahead respectively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanyol Lila View Post
Once i was partying with some guys in a presszo in Ferenc Korut and one of the guys told me he was supporting Vasas cause it was the only and truth left-handed supported team on Budapest.

żHow much truth there is on this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by szövkap View Post
them and MTK probably are the only teams in Hungary not supported by ultra-right ones. this alone makes them seem left-wing already. but seriously, there is something to it. formerly the club of the steel workers, they miraculously did not jump on the ultra-right bandwagon after 1990 like all the others. they are not like St Pauli or Livorno though as you surely noticed yourself.
Not much evidence of this from what I've seen, to be frank. They also have their own little group standing off to the side who seem to have the same phobia of hair that most Hungarian security staff appear to have too. There was also a Celtic Cross graffitied on a wall walking away from the stadium, although to be fair, it was was very old and right next to the away end, so could've been anyone.

The vast majority of fans though were the same quirky mix I saw in the main stand a fortnight ago. The atmosphere was very good natured, the odd chant, and regular and hugely entertaining rants at the opposition/referee/the world in general thrown in from old timers who looked liked they'd been going there for 50 years. Enjoyed it very much.

And my West Ham shirt went down a storm! Multiple West Ham paraphernalia on display, shirts, jackets, badges, lost count in the end. One guy even came over and showed me a picture of him standing next to the Bobby Moore statue outside Upton Park. Whilst he was talking to me, this old boy came over and asked him to translate that he'd been a Hammers fan since he was a child and that Vasas was the West Ham of Hungary! I still have Honved, REAC and a couple of other NBIII teams to check out, but looks like I may have already found a winner.

Last edited by sjc_three; September 29th, 2013 at 12:25.
post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old September 29th, 2013, 22:10
Star Player

Fun travelogue, sjc3! Csak igy tovabb.

Mitropa Cup (1927-1939)
post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old October 5th, 2013, 23:21
Rising Star

Went to Csepel FC v Dorogi FC in NBIII today. Have started taking the boy to have drum lessons in District XXI on Saturday mornings, so it seemed the obvious choice.

Really like Csepel. The drum teacher's practice room is based in Csepel Művek, this huge industrial area in the heart of the island. The moment you drive through this big arch to get in there it is literally like stepping back in time. It's just a sea of old factories and warehouses, huge smoke stacks everywhere and these old cobbled roads and alleys as far as the eye can see. The building itself used to be used as a bomb shelter and had these massive thick walls, with steel doors for every room that looked like they belonged in a submarine. The inside is like a warren of rooms and corridors, old communist style signs everywhere and very atmospheric. Honestly, feels like you're a movie set or something; except it's real.

Got to the stadium with 45 minutes or so to spare. It was again a big open stadium from the old days, a running track separating the stands from the pitch, one main stand and terracing stretching across the rest of the stadium. After my experience at Vasas last week, I opted for the terrace again and it was sound decision. I've been to hundreds of games down the years, in countries all over the world. In terms of fan/atmosphere ratio (if such a thing exists) this was one of the best I have ever seen. There can't have been much more than 50 of them on that little terrace, but they didn't let up for the entire game - a game I should add that they were losing for more time than not. The first bomb crackers went off whilst the players were still training and once the game started the singing and chanting pretty much didn't stop. There were a steady flow of pyro too, along with a banner protest at the start of each half with accompanying smoke bombs and flares against (I understand?) some new laws that are being passed against Ultras in Hungary. It was all very organised and a bucket went round at the end to collect money for the bombs and fireworks for the next game.

The quality of play was not great. Csepel lacked any kind of cutting edge and Dorogi dominated both in terms of possession and chances for the first half and large periods of the 2nd half. They scored in the first half and had other chances to put the game to bed, but failed to capitalise on them and as so often happens, Csepel scored an equaliser shortly before the end sending their little band of hardcore into raptures.

Just before the whistle the ref (who was female - if anyone can dig out a photo of her, I'd love to see it, because she looked feckin' gorgeous from a distance. I'd be interested to see a close up!) sent a Csepel player off for a ridiculously high challenge. There wasn't a single player who complained! And shortly after she blew the final whistle and the players had to brave their way through the smoke to come and thank the fans - high fives through the railings, just like at Vasas last week - I'm assuming this is some kind of Hungarian tradition.

Went for a drink in their pub afterwards. Turned out Csepel and Dorogi have some kind of friendship and they were all in their drinking together, which was pretty cool. All very friendly and again, West Ham seems a pretty well known and well liked team in this part of the world! Big thumbs up from me for this little island town. Terrific day all round. Top drawer. This is how football should be.

post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old October 6th, 2013, 03:12
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Magyar NT
Cool photos mate.

Thanks for them. It's almost like being there

Sorry, I don't know who the lady ref is.
post #11 of 44 (permalink) Old October 11th, 2013, 22:52
Rising Star

Split over whether to head back to Vasas tomorrow or check out Csepel away at Ujbuda. Maybe I'll toss a coin for it after lunch.
post #12 of 44 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2013, 13:17
Rising Star

Teams: Újpest, Real Madrid, Rayo Vallecano
Really like this reportages of you sjc! That industrial excursion through Csepel looks terrific!

Love Csepel also and that 100% post-utopic comunist feeling. I went there to photograph quite a lot of times. There's a nice mine lake area in the border with Szigetszentmiklos, like to go there biking to have a bath.

Ps: How many teams in Hungary wear blue & red? A lot, doesn't it?
post #13 of 44 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2013, 23:51
Rising Star

The lure of a new stadium swung things in favour of Ujbuda in the end. Was also interested to see what the Csepel support was like off their own turf. The game was listed on the website I generally use as being at Kelen SC's ground, and got there with plenty of time before kick off. Beautiful place. It has a wooden pizza restaurant in the corner which overlooks the main pitch, which has a single grass terrace running down the side of it. It was a truly idyllic setting for the game. Or it would have been, if the game wasn't actually due to be played at another stadium to the west! So after bolting down the pizza and a rather frantic dash across south Buda, I made the game with a couple of minutes to spare. Turns out they used to play at Kelen, incidentally, but a couple of years ago. It was kind of a shame actually, because their current ground isn't anything like as nice as Kelen's. It was an astroturf pitch, for starters, in a modern style sports complex. Nothing like the ambience of Kelen's pretty surroundings.

I would put the attendance at about 100, half of whom were Csepel fans, 20 of whom were their ultras. Decent atmosphere - no pyros this time, but they were in full voice for most of the game. The team performed for them too, this time, although Ujbuda provided considerably less opposition than Dorogi had the previous weekend. Csepel dominated large amounts of possession and about midway through the first half were awarded a penalty for a handball, which they slotted home. In the 2nd half, they completely took over scoring 2 more goals. Many of the Ujbuda players appeared to be seriously lacking in fitness, but I don't want to take too much away from Csepel. Their 2nd goal particularly was beautifully worked with some terrific build up leading into it as well.

There's a great camaraderie between the team and the fans. It feels rather like a big family. A very strange family, I should add, of a generally young playing squad and this quite bizarre mix of supporters: wannabe thugs, old men with fiendishly large moustaches, and a light sprinkling of misfits and middle aged football nerds; Csepel being the one thing that connects them all. The team ran over to their supporters after every goal and spent a significant time again at the end thanking them all for their support. It was really quite sweet watching it.

Indeed it's a cracking little club full stop. A lot fun and a good day out. Will definitely be back for more in the not too distant future.

Last edited by sjc_three; October 13th, 2013 at 00:11.
post #14 of 44 (permalink) Old October 15th, 2013, 13:18
Star Player

Yes, continued thumbs up for the travelogues.

Given that you traveled a lot, maybe in the future you want to collect these. At least save them on your computer, in a file.

Mitropa Cup (1927-1939)
post #15 of 44 (permalink) Old October 15th, 2013, 21:15
Rising Star

Cheers fellas. I write the posts as much for my amusement, as anything else, but if they're actually being read by others, then that's an added bonus!

I keep all the pics on my computer, but have never really been organised or motivated enough to keep all the comments. You're right, I probably ought to - I'm sure it'd be fun reading through them later in life - but in all honesty, I know I'll probably never get around to doing it. I've kept all my match tickets down the years too, on the basis I'm going to one day make an album out of them all - like that's going to happen either!
post #16 of 44 (permalink) Old October 16th, 2013, 11:33
Star Player

Well, it's pretty simple ain't it - just copy-paste into a word document, give it a recognizable name, and save it on the computer.
Cheers!

Mitropa Cup (1927-1939)
post #17 of 44 (permalink) Old October 30th, 2013, 19:31
Rising Star

Went to Diósdi TC v Csepel FC at the weekend. Beautiful little ground. Small club house and one large grass bank overlooking the pitch from the other side, so you can see the whole horizon in front of you. Seriously starting to like the NBIII. Has loads of character to it.

Csepel definitely the better side, but Diosdi held on well into they were finally broken in the 2nd half with some nice passing play in midfield, which released their winger who launched a perfect cross onto the head of their young striker - I forget his name, but who I understand has scored 5 in 3 games now! Diosdi really lost their composure after that, which was a shame after all their hard work against a superior side. There were some reckless fouls resulting in a couple of yellow cards before a loose pass let Csepel through for a 2nd goal and the game was effectively over. The did manage to pull one back on the break, but it was literally the last kick of the game and Csepel won the game kicking off wild celebrations amongst another boistrous away support.

Attendance was about 100 with, like at Ujbuda, about half of those being Csepel fans. Once again the entire team came over and celebrated both goals with their supporters and their was a prolonged thank you with high 5s and clapping at the end. Feel like I should be throwing my support behind Vasas, with all the connections with West Ham, but you can't help what your heart feels sometimes, and have to say, I think mine is falling for Csepel.

Last edited by sjc_three; October 30th, 2013 at 20:59.
post #18 of 44 (permalink) Old October 31st, 2013, 09:36
Legend

Teams: Man Utd, Luch Energiya, Haladas, Hungary
What would you say the standard's like if you had to compare it to somewhere in England?
post #19 of 44 (permalink) Old November 2nd, 2013, 10:26
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morti Halmosi View Post
What would you say the standard's like if you had to compare it to somewhere in England?
I always find those kinds of comparisons really hard to make. To be completely honest, there are times watching when I feel I could put on some boots and join in. But in real terms, I know that is far from the case. I remember playing a game a couple of years ago in Korea against a team of mostly retired players from a small semi-pro team there. They absolutely destroyed us, particularly in the 2nd half when the difference in the fitness levels really started to tell. It was a rude awakening.

I'd say Csepel would probably be competing in one of the higher amateur leagues in the UK, probably not as high as the Conference, but somewhere not far short of that - but that's really only a rough guess.
post #20 of 44 (permalink) Old November 2nd, 2013, 18:12
Rising Star

Csepel FC 4-0 Körmendi FC.

Top vs bottom and it showed. Körmendi were truly awful and won't be spending much more time in this league on that showing. Csepel missed a load of chances too, including 2 one on ones with the keeper. Could have been a lot worse. There was a great shot of the players celebrating the opening goal with the supporters, but my son was faffing about with my camera and I missed it. Like this one though. A fan there had his childhood scrap books with him from their (relative) glory days in NBI in the early 90s, including a newspaper cutting from a 1-0 win away at Fradi. The guy was getting all teary eyed talking about it. It was beautiful.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in