Star Player

Korcsmár Zsolt - The Northern Defense

A video with Zsolt about life at the club and in Norge

Mitropa Cup (1927-1939)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2013, 16:15 Thread Starter
Star Player

Here it is! Bump! Please move related posts here!

Plus, we need to change the name, soon. Or not. Germany still North, Zsolt still tall, ok.

Mitropa Cup (1927-1939)
post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old May 9th, 2013, 13:21
Legend

Teams: Man Utd, Luch Energiya, Haladas, Hungary
Some Brann fan on Twitter told me he's been one of the worst defenders in the league these past two seasons. Apparently become really complacent after his first year there. He hasn't been especially good for Hungary lately either. Hopefully the move to Germany will boost his motivation.

post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old May 9th, 2013, 13:26
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morti Halmosi View Post
Some Brann fan on Twitter told me he's been one of the worst defenders in the league these past two seasons. Apparently become really complacent after his first year there. He hasn't been especially good for Hungary lately either. Hopefully the move to Germany will boost his motivation.
the guy is upset he left..what I like to understand is that everyone here thinks its a step up..if bundesliga 2 is a step up, wy was anyone raving about his performance in Norway..I said Norway soccer sucks..I didnt give him any more credit there than had he played in nb1
post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old May 9th, 2013, 13:53
World Class Player

Teams: Magyarorszag, Fradi
I always read that he was doing good :\
post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old May 9th, 2013, 14:06
Legend

Teams: FTC, Hungary
The move to Norway was honestly pointless.

Én soha nem felejtem,
Magyarnak születtem!

Itt élek Európa szívében, vízilabdában mi vagyunk a császárok és igenis nálunk élnek a világ legszebb női. Magyarország, én így szeretlek!

Tehetségben nincs hiány, hiszem hogy jó lesz még a magyar foci!

RIA,RIA, HungáRIA!!!
post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old May 9th, 2013, 14:52 Thread Starter
Star Player

He did well there and was appreciated -continues to be appreciated. Otherwise he would not be played - constantly. And the move was useful, and now is taking him to something better. Better, because NB2 Deutsch is certainly above many leagues in Europe, just like the Championship is. And, most importantly, it is a recruiting ground for NB1 Nemet - and other leagues. Once you prove yourself there...

Mitropa Cup (1927-1939)
post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old May 9th, 2013, 16:14
Legend

Yeah, German NB2 is at a very good level. It's a really good move for him
post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old May 9th, 2013, 16:14
Legend

How do you know the move got him the transfer to the Bundesliga II?

If he continued to play well in the NBI, he could have went to a top team such as Gyor, Vidi, Loki, etc and played in Europe as well where he would have been even more exposed. I think we all discussed this when he moved to Norway that the leagues were quite similar in quality, so it was more of a lateral step then a step up.

Én soha nem felejtem,
Magyarnak születtem!

Itt élek Európa szívében, vízilabdában mi vagyunk a császárok és igenis nálunk élnek a világ legszebb női. Magyarország, én így szeretlek!

RIA,RIA, HungáRIA!!!
post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old May 9th, 2013, 16:38
World Class Player

Teams: Magyarorszag, Fradi
I agree with that, He could have been a CB at those Magyar teams, played in the EL or CL, but still now hes going to Germany, whats done is done, nincs mit csinalni :\ I just hope he wont get benched like Kadar did in Holland.... I believe in him though, Hes a good CB, he has proven to me he is. :thmbup: And also Magyarok usually do well in Germany
post #11 of 45 (permalink) Old May 9th, 2013, 16:49 Thread Starter
Star Player

Actually, Geuther Furth has an established relationship with Brann Bergen, and this is true for many other teams. their eyes are certainly not on the NB1. Whenever a HU team does better in Euro leagues, it is considered a small phenomenon. But how many players were bought from Debrecen and Vidi by significant teams from abroad, after their Euro league runs?

Speaking of where Hu players should go, it is also clear where they should NOT go to develop, namely anywhere East of Hungary. That's pretty much the lesson of the past 30 years. Should be clear enough.

Mitropa Cup (1927-1939)
post #12 of 45 (permalink) Old May 9th, 2013, 16:57
Legend

C'mon ente, seriously?

If you play on the NT, and you play in the EL or whatever, you're going to get noticed. How do you think Lazar, Elek, Dzsudzsak, Czvitkovics etc got noticed?

Én soha nem felejtem,
Magyarnak születtem!

RIA,RIA, HungáRIA!!!
post #13 of 45 (permalink) Old May 9th, 2013, 19:49 Thread Starter
Star Player

This is why I said, significant teams. Juji left very early, just like Gera, because they were truly outstanding talents - ie standing out. Normal talents? Elek and Lazar went East - so that is exactly the opposite of good - and both are still suffering the consequences. Czvitk. went to Belgium and failed, because of all the NB1 faults discussed. That is my point - western leagues do not care much for HU foci and players, because NB1 's level is unconvincing for them. Unless a truly outstanding (and still sufficiently young) talent, they will not reach there.They do not have time to "unlearn" bad habits.

Look at Jozsi - I am almost sure that a good part of teh reason why the new coach is not keeping him is the prejudice against NB1. And, who knows, seeing the effects of NB1. As Jozsi himself said - the speed, the speed of the game/decision-making/movement is why he wants to stay, why this is an advancement, no matter if German nb1 or nb2.

Oh, but i really hope Jozsi will find an alternate club, maybe Benelux. He deserves it, and is clearly a plus for any club of that level.

Mitropa Cup (1927-1939)
post #14 of 45 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2013, 00:54
Premier Player

Played for Brann yesterday picked.up a yellow.
post #15 of 45 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2013, 10:50
Legend

Rudolf got picked up after the CL though
post #16 of 45 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2013, 14:45
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: USA/Hungarian NT
Quote:
Rudolf got picked up after the CL though
That's true. I guess Genoa should be considered a significant team because it is Serie A (never mind that he flopped there). At least by our standards its something.
post #17 of 45 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2013, 18:19
Legend

How could Brann be considered a "significant" team over any of the teams the players I listed went to? Dzsudzsi went to PSV, the Vidi boys went to Turkey (much stronger league than Norway...), even Czvitkovics went to Belgium which is an okay league. If you're young, play for a top team in HUN that gets time in the EL or the CL, and play on the NT as well, you have a good chance of getting notice which will probably lead to a move abroad.

Én soha nem felejtem,
Magyarnak születtem!

RIA,RIA, HungáRIA!!!
post #18 of 45 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2013, 23:16 Thread Starter
Star Player

Oh, no Brann is not a significant team - my point was that from places like Brann you get in the attention of teams from significant leagues. In general, from second-rank leagues like Belga, Dutch etc, you are much more in the attention of Italy, Spain, Premiere League (the English one) and Bundesrepublik Deutschland liga.

But there is no way to develop in any field, or at least it is more challenging, if you are not sharpening your skills by competing against the best in your field. It is very easy to get comfortable in mediocrity.

Mitropa Cup (1927-1939)
post #19 of 45 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2013, 23:27
Legend

I agree. I think you're more likely to be seen playing in Norway than Hungary. Just the way. Not saying that it's a better league, because it isn't, just people pay attention too it more.
post #20 of 45 (permalink) Old May 12th, 2013, 10:55
Rising Star

Quote:
I agree. I think you're more likely to be seen playing in Norway than Hungary. Just the way. Not saying that it's a better league, because it isn't, just people pay attention too it more.
lot o guys play in germany...he plays 2nd division
varga got a shot from nb1 meow

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in