WCQ: Hungary vs Turkey 16/10/2012 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 276 (permalink) Old October 3rd, 2012, 12:22 Thread Starter
Star Player

Teams: Chippenham FM18, Dagenham & Redbridge FIFA 10
WCQ: Hungary vs Turkey 16/10/2012

So this is it. The most important game of the year. If we win, we will still have a chance to qualify according to Egervári. If we tie them... what do you think will happen then?

Hajrá magyarok!

(Also, if someone can find a stream or anything I can watch this one and the Estonia game from Madrid, Id be delighted. )

Without Jesus, a hopeless end. With him, an endless hope.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 276 (permalink) Old October 3rd, 2012, 16:41
Premier Player

Teams: Hungary NT, Romania NT
Since Turkey is a direct rival for 2nd place (as is Romania), it would be huge if Hungary could win. It's basically a 6-point game. But they can't afford to f*** up against teams like Estonia.

And they have to tighten up defensively against Holland...if it comes down to goal difference between Hungary, Romania and Turkey then taking 1-4 shellackings does not help their cause. Even if they lose, lose by 1 goal or 2 max against Holland. If you can't beat them, then you gotta do damage control. Focus on the main rival, don't try to slay dragons if you're not up to the task.
post #3 of 276 (permalink) Old October 3rd, 2012, 19:18
World Class Player

Teams: Magyarorszag, Fradi
exactly!

And hahah slay dragons... we pretty much got eaten alive trying to do that.......

post #4 of 276 (permalink) Old October 3rd, 2012, 21:06
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANTAL TONI View Post
exactly!

And hahah slay dragons... we pretty much got eaten alive trying to do that.......
It was one of the most disappointing things I have seen in quite a while.
post #5 of 276 (permalink) Old October 3rd, 2012, 23:21
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arpad View Post
Since Turkey is a direct rival for 2nd place (as is Romania), it would be huge if Hungary could win. It's basically a 6-point game. But they can't afford to f*** up against teams like Estonia.

And they have to tighten up defensively against Holland...if it comes down to goal difference between Hungary, Romania and Turkey then taking 1-4 shellackings does not help their cause. Even if they lose, lose by 1 goal or 2 max against Holland. If you can't beat them, then you gotta do damage control. Focus on the main rival, don't try to slay dragons if you're not up to the task.
head to head goal difference and not overall so 4-1 means little
post #6 of 276 (permalink) Old October 4th, 2012, 00:30
Legend

Teams: FTC, Hungary
I've been saying that from the start... so the 5-0 vs Andorra means sh!t too.

Én soha nem felejtem,
Magyarnak születtem!

Itt élek Európa szívében, vízilabdában mi vagyunk a császárok és igenis nálunk élnek a világ legszebb női. Magyarország, én így szeretlek!

Tehetségben nincs hiány, hiszem hogy jó lesz még a magyar foci!

RIA,RIA, HungáRIA!!!
post #7 of 276 (permalink) Old October 6th, 2012, 04:50
Legend

The Turkish squad:

A török keret

Kapusok: Volkan Demirel (Fenerbahce), Mert Günok (Fenerbahce), Cenk Gönen (Besiktas)

Védők: Gökhan Gönül (Fenerbahce), Egemen Korkmaz (Fenerbahce), Hasan Ali Kaldirim (Fenerbahce), Bekir Irtegün (Fenerbahce), Semih Kaya (Galatasaray), Hakan Balta (Galatasaray), Ömer Toprak (Bayer Leverkusen)

Középpályások: Emre Belözoglu (Atlético Madrid), Arda Turan (Atlético Madrid), Hamit Altintop (Galatasaray), Emre Colak (Galatasaray), Aydin Yilmaz (Galatasaray), Selcuk Inan (Galatasaray), Nuri Sahin (FC Liverpool), Mehmet Topal (Fenerbahce), Caner Erkin (Fenerbahce), Mehmet Ekici (Werder Bremen)

Támadók: Burak Yilmaz (Galatasaray), Umut Bulut (Galatasaray), Sercan Saraer (Greuther Fürth), Mevlüt Erdinc (Rennes), Tunay Torun (VfB Stuttgart)

Én soha nem felejtem,
Magyarnak születtem!

Itt élek Európa szívében, vízilabdában mi vagyunk a császárok és igenis nálunk élnek a világ legszebb női. Magyarország, én így szeretlek!

RIA,RIA, HungáRIA!!!
post #8 of 276 (permalink) Old October 13th, 2012, 11:32
V.I.P
Forum Manager
International

Teams: HUNGARY, MTK, foreign teams with Magyars
so... Juhász and Dzsudzsák can't play because of second yellow? What now?
post #9 of 276 (permalink) Old October 13th, 2012, 14:34
Xtratime Elite

Teams: MTK
bring on Huszti

post #10 of 276 (permalink) Old October 13th, 2012, 14:37
World Class Player

Koman will maybe play ???
post #11 of 276 (permalink) Old October 13th, 2012, 14:46
World Class Player

post #12 of 276 (permalink) Old October 13th, 2012, 15:34
Premier Player

Having seen that goal again in slow-mo from different angles, I have to say the goalie did F up. Had he stayed his line, the defense would likely have dealt with the problem.

Turkey didn't play that bad...they moved the ball well, didn't commit too many mistakes, even created a few good chances. They just couldn't score. Somewhat similar to Portugal against Russia ...created all sorts of chances but just couldn't pop one in.

Not that I think Turkey is Portugal's level. They're not and they're very beatable. But from what I've seen from Hungary so far...Hungary can't afford to play so statically and tentatively. It's like they second guess their every move. They stand around and gawk at their own navels. Against Sweden, they moved the ball, made cutting runs, created havoc in the Swedish defensive line. It was a new Hungary. But now, they're back to the same old garbage. Just shoot the ball up, hope for some lucky bounces and pray for a goal.

I don't think it'll be good enough against Turkey and especially not against Romania. But I hope I'm wrong.
post #13 of 276 (permalink) Old October 13th, 2012, 16:01
V.I.P
Forum Manager
International

Teams: HUNGARY, MTK, foreign teams with Magyars
We should play this game in Eger, not Budapest...
post #14 of 276 (permalink) Old October 13th, 2012, 17:40
Xtratime Elite

Teams: MTK
yeah and definitely not in Mohács

post #15 of 276 (permalink) Old October 13th, 2012, 18:37
Legend

Kinda pissed off Romania was gifted the win with that huge goalie error. A tie would have been really good for us.

Én soha nem felejtem,
Magyarnak születtem!

RIA,RIA, HungáRIA!!!
post #16 of 276 (permalink) Old October 13th, 2012, 19:08
Ilie Balaci ❤
World Class Player

Teams: U Craiova, Milan, West Ham, Boca Juniors, TFC, ROU, ITA
I think 'gifted' is pushing it.... It wasnt an easy goal to score in that situation, especially for such a young and inexperienced player.

Also, Romania had many easy opportunities and played beautiful football, especially in the first half. Also the ref was not on our side at all (handball in the box should have been a penalty and so many unfair calls, 6.5 mins of added time!), we didn't have the best selections, and our coach changed our starting tactic in the second half which almost ****ed us over at the very end. We should have won by 2 or 3 goals at least. The Turks were not at their best either and were diving like hell and making mistakes.

Also we've beaten Holland in the past and we can do it again. So long as Piturca doesn't use another stupid tactic or uses players like Cocis, we should be okay.

forestasuceava: you prostitute yourself?
me: for the national team.. I would

U Craiova

Quote:
O iubire alb-albastra
La Craiova e mereu!
My All-Time Romania unique XIs:
----------------Lung
Petrescu--Stefanescu--Popescu--Chivu
----------Boloni----Lupescu
Dumitrescu--Dobrin/Balaci--Hagi
-----------------Mutu
post #17 of 276 (permalink) Old October 13th, 2012, 19:22
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagibest View Post
I think 'gifted' is pushing it.... It wasnt an easy goal to score in that situation, especially for such a young and inexperienced player.

Also, Romania had many easy opportunities and played beautiful football, especially in the first half. Also the ref was not on our side at all (handball in the box should have been a penalty and so many unfair calls, 6.5 mins of added time!), we didn't have the best selections, and our coach changed our starting tactic in the second half which almost ****ed us over at the very end. We should have won by 2 or 3 goals at least. The Turks were not at their best either and were diving like hell and making mistakes.

Also we've beaten Holland in the past and we can do it again. So long as Piturca doesn't use another stupid tactic or uses players like Cocis, we should be okay.
It was a huge goalie error. Therefore it was gifted. Who cares if the player is young and inexperienced? It was an open net.

We could have scored at least 2 more as well, but our striker is an idiot.

Oh and I don't think you can beat Holland but who knows. We had a nightmare of a game vs them... we beat ourselves. Was really pathetic.

Én soha nem felejtem,
Magyarnak születtem!

RIA,RIA, HungáRIA!!!
post #18 of 276 (permalink) Old October 13th, 2012, 20:29
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagyarGyerek View Post
It was a huge goalie error. Therefore it was gifted. Who cares if the player is young and inexperienced? It was an open net.

Oh and I don't think you can beat Holland but who knows. We had a nightmare of a game vs them... we beat ourselves. Was really pathetic.
Yeah but when will these nightmare games end? Seems like that's the new theme now, play as nightmarish as possible.
post #19 of 276 (permalink) Old October 13th, 2012, 20:41
World Class Player

actually we will loose this game, turkey will beat us 2-0, we are without dzsuzsak and juhasz

I bet you any money we will start like this

------------------------------Bogdan------------------------------
varga-----------------korcsmar-----meszaros-----------kadar
-------------------------------elek-------------------
koltai----------------gera--------------koman-----------hajnal
-------------------------------szabics-------------------

of course if koman can play, and I believe because of szalais shit performance Szabi will start, just because sanyi ba prefers him over nemo

we will be balfaszok on the pitch. will not be able to pass the ball for our lives.... only way we will score is if their keeper runs all the way out or if we dive in the box, but we are good at that so, maybe we can bang one in....

again dzsudzsi is out so we can subtract much of our attacking options. koman recently in the nt has been poor.... always ****s up passes.... koltai is im form obvi, but only in nb1 standards, so hes pretty much shit..... elek is good, i hope he starts. I duno.... I'm just going to join szovika and just look down on our team, maybe more jinxing power will save us

sigh...... I miss our euro 2012 team boys ((((

At least Rudi should be back for the roman games
post #20 of 276 (permalink) Old October 13th, 2012, 20:56
Ilie Balaci ❤
World Class Player

Teams: U Craiova, Milan, West Ham, Boca Juniors, TFC, ROU, ITA
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagyarGyerek View Post

Look at the replay. It wasn't like he was directly in front of an empty net. He had to have composure to and had a good accurate shot to get it over the keeper and the defender was nearby as well. And he was outside of the box. It was better than a lot of other goals I've seen, like those tap-ins you see in almost every match, anyone could score like that. I'm not saying this was 'out-of-this-world' or anything, but it wasn't as simple as you think. Plus, the pass to Grozav was perfect so give us credit for that at least.

Concerning your striker, I know how that feels...

I think we definitely have a good chance of beating Holland in Bucharest, or at least getting a draw. That is, if Piturca fields the right squad, or at least a half-decent one and uses the right tactic. I absolutely hate the defensive tactic he used in teh second half, Turkey actually had more chances because of that. The best defense is the attack. We had a great flowing game going in the first half, good possession, control, and and we had many chances. But the second half was up and down, I think if we try to defend too much we will give the Dutch too many chances to score. We have to go for the win. We've done it before, we can do it again, only our coach and players' stubborness/mentality is in the way. The talent is there.

I still would like to wish you luck as I believe you're not out of the race yet, you have an outside chance after Romania and Turkey to get second place. Or maybe the second spot will be between Hungary, Turkey, and Holland if we do well on Tuesday night.... should be interesting.

forestasuceava: you prostitute yourself?
me: for the national team.. I would

U Craiova

Quote:
O iubire alb-albastra
La Craiova e mereu!
My All-Time Romania unique XIs:
----------------Lung
Petrescu--Stefanescu--Popescu--Chivu
----------Boloni----Lupescu
Dumitrescu--Dobrin/Balaci--Hagi
-----------------Mutu

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in